[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Excuse me, Brother-Captain, but I've been reading up on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: Excuse me brother-captain.jpg (220KB, 747x900px) Image search: [Google]
Excuse me brother-captain.jpg
220KB, 747x900px
Excuse me, Brother-Captain, but I've been reading up on the ancient pre-Emperor lore of Holy Terra. I've come across the Greco-Roman myth of the chimera: part lion, part snake, and part goat. I can see why a lion and snake are dangerous, but why a goat?
>>
>>44596870
It's a symbolic thing. Goats, with how they eat everything, ruin fertile fields and turn them into wastelands. So they're associated with destruction, even if they're not particularly deadly. It's to represent how the chimera is not just a monster but an abomination that ruins the world by its mere presence.
>>
File: Sm_chapter_2_titus_leandros.jpg (434KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sm_chapter_2_titus_leandros.jpg
434KB, 1920x1080px
>>44596870
The goat is frightening to the common man as its head is on the same level as their crotch, and armed with durable horns. You likely do not know of this particular discomfort, as you have never had any testicles, Brother Leandros.

Also, Heresy.

BLAM.
>>
>>44596870
Ramming horns, giving the creature multiple avenues of attack each beast composing it lacks. The goat head can ram its foes, the lion can bite and claw, and the snake can bite and constrict. They should've added poisonous stingers or something. Would make for an incredible challenge, brother.
>>
Such a creature sounds like a twisted mutant of chaos, of course it's dangerous.
>>
File: 1431460334516.jpg (76KB, 614x720px) Image search: [Google]
1431460334516.jpg
76KB, 614x720px
>>44596980
>>
>>44596870
In the original myth the Chimera had a body like a goat; what's more, the word "chimera" was actually ancient Greek for "goat".
>>
File: Baby chimera.jpg (160KB, 700x590px) Image search: [Google]
Baby chimera.jpg
160KB, 700x590px
>>44597083
Not if its still a cub.
>>
>>44596870
You've never encountered a full-grown alpha-male goat, have you Brother?

That same ancient Terran culture named their god of war after their word for "male sheep", and male goats are every bit as large, aggressive and dangerous as any ram, while being on average less domesticated and more suited to survival in the wilderness too.
>>
>>44596870
Probably because Goats are just that weird.
>>
>>44596870
DONT GO TO THE INQUISITION YOU FUCKING TATTLETALE
>>
>>44596870
Because you're thinking of the domestic goat, not true Capra (Ibexes mostly). Think of the difference between a domestic dog and a wolf.

There's a reason that goats, rams, horses, and stags were as worthy and common on ancient Terran heraldry as wolves, bears, lions, and dragons.
>>
>>44596982
They actually have a scorpion tail. With poison.
>>
File: goats.jpg (80KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
goats.jpg
80KB, 500x375px
>>44601512
>>
>>44602867
Goats are hardcore mountaineers.
>>
>13 posters and no wannabe mods

A new record!
>>
Is there a Chapter known as the Chimeras, or the something Chimeras?
>>
>>44602496
That's a Manticore.
>>
>>44603429
Nope. No chapter like that.

However there are chapters with Chimeric Geneseed.
>>
>>44596870
The goat head could breath fire.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.