[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What system would you use to run a game in this? Is there anyway

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

What system would you use to run a game in this? Is there anyway to adapt DnD to have modern military equipment or do you just bite the bullet and use GURPS?
>>
Couldn't you just use D20 Modern with 3.pathfinder?
>>
>>44590641
GURPS' good.
Wouldn't run that crap, though.
Mysterious portal to fantasy land opens, sure, but Gate's plot, fuck no.
>>
>>44590717

Yeh I wouldn't run it as GATE, i would pitch a 'modern rpg' where they're a team sent to investigate the GATE. Then boom, generic fantasy land.

I just like the fact that it's a legit military in GATE.
>>
>>44590641
The palladium system run well together, so get heroes unlimited and the the palladium fantasy books, or go RIFTS and just throw MEGA DAMAGE everywhere.
>>
fdsj eht nioj
>>
Savage Worlds for sure.
>>
>>44590641
pathfinder would be be playable, it has modern weaponry stated
>>
>>44590641
FATAL
>>
File: 1443634604754.jpg (698KB, 1327x1570px) Image search: [Google]
1443634604754.jpg
698KB, 1327x1570px
>>44590764
This only if your willing to deal with palladium
>>
Savage Worlds? Everything you'd need would be in the core book, it depends how much extra shit you want.
>>
>>44591200
Guns are also OP as shit in it compared to melee weapons, so that could work.
>>
GURPS.
This is exactly the kind of thing that GURPS is good at.
This kind of weird shit where there isn't really a good game specifically made for it, so you grab GURPS and build your own.
>>
>>44591324
Yeh a Savage World helicopter vs someone in Savage World steel plate is a fucking massacre.
>>
>>44591200
So would Savage Worlds run a good Stargate style campaign? PCs are a group working for an organization with a portal, get sent through portal to check out the worlds behind them, episode style?
>>
>>44591592
It's more like it's very, very hard to miss with ranged weapons in SW. And guns also do really good damage on top of that.

>>44591767
Sure. Savage Worlds is a simple and plays fast.
>>
>>44590641
Gary Gygax had some fun with it back in the day:

http://tasmancave.blogspot.ca/2010/12/how-effective-is-panzerfaust-against.html
>>
GURPS
>>
>>44590641

D&D has suppliments that give stats to modern weapons: while small arms are somewhat underwhelming, .50 cals and higher do crazy high damage while anything larger than a 6 pounder can deal multiple hundreds of HP per turn.
>>
>>44593806
>>44590641
3.5 and 5e had stats for real weapons in the DMG.

It's bare bones as hell but it's there.
>>
>>44590717
It's not really good, no, but holy shit that scene where the FOB wipes out the attacking armies was amazing.
>>
File: bornfree.1.jpg (212KB, 950x600px) Image search: [Google]
bornfree.1.jpg
212KB, 950x600px
I have fond memories of this as a kid, all linked to one video that we rented regularly from the local store.
Nearly impossible to dig anything up on it now, though.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.