[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of the new NetHack? I like it. #tip command

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: zodar-nethack-620x350.png (312KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
zodar-nethack-620x350.png
312KB, 620x350px
What do you guys think of the new NetHack? I like it. #tip command is cool, as is climbing out of pits with <. Sucks that they removed polypiling and nerfed Elbereth, though.
>>
It's great that when pets eat mimics they mimic tripe rations, implying that anything that eats a mimic corpse mimics whatever is most valuable to them, so you mimic gold when you eat mimic meat because you're a greedy murderhobo.
>>
>>44588675
Holy fucking hype.
>>
>>44590957
I know, right? Back from the dead.

I'm pretty hyped for it -- NetHack is best when there's new stuff to discover.
>>
>>44588675
NetHack?
>>
>>44593146
A popular and influential Roguelike. So called because it's an expansion of an (even) older game called Hack and because its development was coordinated over Usenet back in the day. Last month it got its first new version in over 10 years.
>>
>>44590805
It's funny when you go grab a potion and its actually a lesser mimic and then when you kill it it was actually a changeling all along.
>>
>>44593383
If reverse image search OP's image, you'll find a blog post by a guy who survived running into a chameleon mimicking an archlich. In Minetown.
>>
I don't have it on my hard drive right now, but I used to have a reaction image from NetHack that I made by throwing a rock upward as an archaeologist, producing the message, "Your fedora does not protect you." It's one of my favorite reaction images ever.
>>
>>44588675
>nerfed Elbereth

WHAT
>>
>>44595135
YOU READ CORRECTLY
>>
>>44595135
Yep. Written-in-the-dust Elbereth degrades much more quickly now. I don't think I've even been able to scare off more than one creature at a time with it. Elbereth can no longer have trailing characters -- if you want to put multiple Elbereths on a single square, you need to put spaces between them. Monsters also only ever respect Elbereth if you are standing on the square, so you can't use it to make a tamper-proof stash anymore. Otherwise it's pretty much the same.
>>
File: Nethack.gif (621KB, 640x300px) Image search: [Google]
Nethack.gif
621KB, 640x300px
>>44593146
>>
>>44598364
I was expecting a rock to fall from the roof and kill her in five steps. Quickest run I ever had
>>
>>44598364
you know its funny every other game i usually play in asci but for some reason i cant fucking stand asci nethack
>>
>>44600357

You are using the wrong hardware then: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS8NBGMAdxQ
>>
File: nethack_by_truepikachu-d4g2ztq.jpg (123KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
nethack_by_truepikachu-d4g2ztq.jpg
123KB, 900x675px
>>44600357
There's skins available
>>
>>44588675

NetHack never died, it just runs on the same update schedual as Toady and the AngBand team.

Did you know those two games also updated too last year?
>>
shame nothing was changed to make gehennom more interesting
once you figure out how to survive in it, shit gets boring quick
>>
>>44588675

What does everyone think of Stone Soup?
>>
>>44603360

It's alright
>>
>>44603360
i like it a lot, i just really wish all the dungeons weren't so big. you almost have to use o to autosearch the dungeon and at that point its just an ascii movie. but i like the combat

what do people think of unnethack?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.