[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, aside from being power fantasy central that banks on catering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Christ.jpg (636KB, 1008x1232px) Image search: [Google]
Christ.jpg
636KB, 1008x1232px
So, aside from being power fantasy central that banks on catering to weebs, why would anyone buy Anima?
>>
Anima is actually pretty cool. Large variety of shit you can do with your character, stuff like a custom technique creation system, an interesting combat system that makes weapons actually feel different from each other, etc.

Of course it has its flaws, but having run a game in it and having played part of another game in it, I'd totally do so again if I had the chance.
>>
>>44583667
Actually good system(Even if 99% of people on /tg/ get a spastic fit over it)
Cheap-ish tabletop game that can be fun for a few games. And defunct lol.
No idea why the fuck you'd buy the card game since it's pretty shit.

>power fantasy central
The irony of saying this on /tg/ is large enough to be pointed out.
>>
>>44583794
It's not even that 'power fantasy'. Level 1 Anima character is really nothing special.
>>
>>44583868
Any role playing game can be explained as a power fantasy of sorts anon.

pretty much everything that's posted on /tg/ is a power fantasy or largely part of one, for example you lead your army of miniatures to victory to accomplish your great general power fantasy.
>>
>>44583868
>
Yet I have still to meet one Anima player that doesn't try to sell the system with "You can run on walls and there's like four kinds of superpowers lawl :D"

Hell even this guy
>>44583752
Just talks about his awesome weapon options and weeaboo fightan magic. It's kinda sad.
>>
>>44583947
Level 1-5 tend to be pretty normal, after that is high powers for everyone.
>>
>>44583667
>So, aside from being power fantasy central that banks on catering to weebs, why would anyone buy Anima?
Careful with those buzzwords.
>>
>>44583947
Ah, so you made this thread to shit on the system instead of actually discussing it. I should have guessed from 'power fantasy' and 'weebs'.

Oh well. How are your Anima games going, /tg/?
>>
>people falling to an obvious bait
>>
>>44584036
Aaaand only nine replies before someone gives the proper response. Nice one /tg/, you're learning!

So, on to why I actually made the thread:
How's your Anima games going, /tg/? Any builds to share, any noteworthy moments as of late? Oh, and how do you handle Gaïa? Run the setting as written or just make shit up?
>>
>>44583947
Nothing wrong with that; it handles high-powered characters better than the d20 system.
>>
>>44584125
>How's your Anima games going, /tg/?
The one I was playing in is long dead, in a fairly frustrating manner. Haven't yet had the ideas or opportunity to run another myself.

>Oh, and how do you handle Gaïa? Run the setting as written or just make shit up?
Didn't use Gaia back when I ran/played. We did Anima in a modern setting with a few simple gun rules and swapped around skills. Was pretty cool.
>>
File: ffb.jpg (40KB, 600x726px) Image search: [Google]
ffb.jpg
40KB, 600x726px
>>44584125
Never has this been more fitting.
>>
>>44584125
2 years soon 3 and still strong.

>mfw my party will end up pissing off everyone and I feel at level 5-6~they will end up bullshiting w̶e̶s̶k̶e̶r̶ closer dead
>>
>>44584125
Pretty well, though I sometimes regret rushing during creation since I ended up making a fairly bland character that's stuck in a colourful JRPG party. Hopefully, I'll be able to make up for it with roleplaying and getting some cool abilities in a level or two.
>>
>>44586935
Could talk to your GM and see if you can spice it up some.
>>
>>44586935
>>44588003
>Not playing a normalfag soldier and keeping your power level hidden the most, no techs or flashy ki-skills, just bashing dragons into submission and being a 24/7 imperishable wall of flesh.
>>
>>44588294
My last character was a Weaponmaster with nothing more than a tiny amount of passive ki abilities (I think just aura extension and energy armor), you're preaching to the choir.
>>
My last game died when the GM almost TPKd the whole group, only my immortal duk with eternal blood and high as fuck phys resis survived
>>
>>44588356
>Thrown weaponry for flying wizards (because huge str=huge damage)
>Huge armor (because normally, people aren't ready for huge AT, specially casters that need to hit that 10%)
>See supernatural plus good notice
>Aura extension and energy armor (and assorted goodies, maybe even nemesis)
>Eventually get samiel plus reduction of negatives or nemesis if you feel fancy
>Large HP pool to make the other classes feel weak
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.