[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever ran a game in this setting? Would you use D&D

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Wall_FFTA_06.jpg (164KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Wall_FFTA_06.jpg
164KB, 1024x768px
Has anyone ever ran a game in this setting? Would you use D&D style rules adapted to the setting? Would you incorporate the retarded law system? Would you allow players to switch jobs or have their job set on character creation (I personally would prefer job being set on creation)? Would you let any race be any job (I don't see why they couldn't)?

What would you play?

Bangaa bishop reporting in
Bangaa summoner if any race any job
>>
>>44573795
I ran Ivalice once with a simple d6 system, but it was FF12 Ivalice and not TA.
>>
>>44573873

I guess FF12 Ivalice would be fine too. Did you incorporate TA jobs or what?
>>
>>44573907
Tactics jobs, but I let them switch jobs in towns or purchase job kits that they could use in the field. Switching jobs with a job kit took 3d6+4 hours - x hours where x is your job ranking. Max job rank was 20 I think.
>>
File: Image-1421532182.jpg (55KB, 580x324px) Image search: [Google]
Image-1421532182.jpg
55KB, 580x324px
i was really motivated to try to run a campaign with those settings... at least the "skin" with jobs and stuff... i would love to hear people ideas (i'm really new to D&D)
>>
>>44573795
No. Hell no. Yes. Switch, of course. No.
Human Parivir.
>>
>>44573795
>Would you use D&D style rules adapted to the setting?

Why is /tg/ all attached to Ivalice all of a sudden? Fuck it, means I can continue to pawn off my old high-school project.

Here. A D20 based system set in FF12 Ivalice with stats and rules for the races and most jobs done. It's not 100% complete, closer to like... 70%. But if the GM does some legwork, you can totally run a few games with this.

The writing might be a little cheesy here and there. I wrote this at like, age 17-18, so yeah.
>>
>>44574363
Page 7 is awesome.
>>
>>44573795
I ran a couple oneshots. Didn't really go far enough to get deep into job-switching though.

Didn't bother including laws, since in a tabletop game it wouldn't be very fun for one player to be unable to do anything for a fight.

As for letting any race be any Job, there is some overlap I would allow, but Bangaa are spelled out pretty explicitly as not being able to cast spells in the standard way, and I struggle to picture a Nu Mou Dragoon.
>>
>>44574399
Page 7 is where I'd put my art.

>IfIHadAny.jpg.
>>
>>44574363
>Why is /tg/ all attached to Ivalice all of a sudden?
Because War of the Lions is awesome.

It also satisfies our lust for destroying heresy.
>>
>>44574797
Fair enough. Sadly the only FFT games I played were Advanced and A2. I've heard good things about WotL though. And FF12 is among my favorite Final Fantasies. Which is of course why I started a tabletop system based on it.
>>
>>44573795
Gria Geomancer
or monk if no restrictions
>>
File: 1451509272735.jpg (2MB, 2046x1447px) Image search: [Google]
1451509272735.jpg
2MB, 2046x1447px
While we're on the topic:
Any /tg/ love for this game?
>>
>>44575462
Never played Happy New Year 2015
>>
>>44575462
3 was probably the best game for me, i really love the classes. Although 4 is ALSO pretty good.
EO5 when?
>>
>>44575504
No ideas about running a game of it?
>>
>>44573795

Why yesssssssssss I have!

In fact, I have some work on a 4e mod that I'll dig up.
>>
>>44575547

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8Zkp5deUMnIalE4Nmc4LUtfdTQ

I never did get around to working on it again after running the one off.
>>
>>44575522
>>44575504 here.
Depends, do you mean a pure dungeoncrawler with a synergic class system? I like EO very much but i can't really think of something it does that another game haven't done. I'm not a fan of ttrpg pure crawlers so that might be just me.
>>
>>44575851
Well, no one in their right mind tries to translate the mechanics of a video game to the tabletop.
It's more about the feel of the setting and the classes. The little things.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.