[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yugioh question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 22

File: images[1].jpg (13KB, 186x270px) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
13KB, 186x270px
Just a yugioh question

So for synchro summoning, can I synchro summon right away? For instance can I synchro summon a synchro monster on the same turn that I put the tuner out?

I'm having a hard time finding this answer. From what I've read, "You must have a tuner monster on the field and then one or more non tuners on the field, whose total levels are equal to the levels of the Synchro monster you are attempting to Synchro Summon."
See how this is confusing?

I always thought you could synchro summon right away. Like on the same turn you put your tuner monster out. My friend said that I can't, and I have to wait at least a turn like when i'm tribute summoning a monster.

I just started playing again after a few years of not playing, so i'm not 100 percent on all the newer rules yet.

Pic related, it's the card I syncro summon the most!
>>
Also pendulum magician decks are good right?
>>
1.- Yes you can, synchros are special summons.
2.- Yes. But I don't like pendulums.
>>
>>44567956
Your friend has no idea what he's talking about, as long as you have a tuner and another monster whose levels add up to the synchro monster's level you can synchro summon. That monster is considered to have been special summoned.
>>
>>44567956
Your friend is wrong. as long as you have all the proper ingredients, you can immediately tribute them to Synchro Summon your mighty whitey card. Special Summons can happen instantly unless effects specifically tell you otherwise.
>>44568242
No idea. Stopped playing when Xyz was the flavor of the month.
>>
>>44568504
ok thats what I thought! I didn't fight him on it cuz he's new. But he questioned it and he looked up on google and said you can't the first turn. I didn't press it too much at the time or bother to look at what he was reading.

It was either I was wrong and everyone else I played was wrong, or he was wrong.

>>44568572
thanks! I'm gonna screen shot these answers so there is no argument in the future.
>>
>>44568572
XYZ is still used, in fact almost everything is used now. Pendulum is really fucking good though
>>
>>44568630
>There is no restriction on the number of times a player can Special Summon in a turn—Special Summons do not take up the player's Normal Summon/Set for the turn. Special Summoning does not require Tributes for high-Level monsters like Normal Summons and Sets do, unless otherwise specified by a card.
>Ritual Summons, Fusion Summons, Synchro Summons, Xyz Summons, and Pendulum Summons are all considered Special Summons.

That's all from the yugioh wiki. I don't see anything about not allowing special summons on turn 1, especially because quite a few chess-level douchenerds deliberately gear their decks towards turn 1 or 2 instant wins using a metric ton of special, synchro, xyz, and pendulum summons. You can totally synchro summon on your first turn.
>>
>>44568642
XYZ is sorta like syncro summoning now. Pendulum is really good. Like too good almost! I received my pendulum magicians deck in the mail, which was basically 3 starter master of pendulum decks combined with the better cards included and the shittier ones not included.
>>
>>44568642
>>44568737
I cringed as soon as I heard they'd allow you to instantly summon a bunch of monsters from your hand at once. The game just keeps getting faster and faster, I don't know if I'll ever get back into it.
>>
>>44568715
Ok good! Even better.

Man your post made me realize how important special summoned cards are. Jowgen the spirtualist might be a good idea to throw in one of my decks to counter the pendulums.
>>
>>44568818
Yeah but there are ways to beat this still if you're smart. I've beaten my friends pendulum deck pretty easily before. People are just a little intimidated by pendulums, but you can still beat them. Also they're balancing it out more with recent boosters.
>>
Also performpals are pretty good too right?

theres something about recking people with cutesy ass monsters that I like.
>>
>>44568857
True, but my personal problem is that I'm a stylefag who misses particular sets of now obsolete cards and doesn't really want to play any of the new power creeped products that you absolutely need in order to win. It was like
>aw cool, these cards are from the show, I'll use these
>oh shit, these look awesome, even though they're not the best. I'll keep using them just because I like them
>ok, years have passed and now my favorite cards are completely useless, I can't play past the first few turns without getting pulverized.
It's my own problem that I don't blame on the evolving game, but it's something I don't think I could get over and still enjoy playing.
>>
>>44568952
I feel ya, certain decks are sorta obsolete now. However most of the cards are still legal. The yugioh ban list isn't too bad.

Also there are some older decks than can still kick ass like Gravekeepers and Lightsworn decks.

What do you miss in particular?
>>
>>44569012
Ancient Gears. Some stuff came out in 5ds and zexal eras to make them decent again, but a lot of it just looked terrible, I remember not wanting to sully my deck.

It's painful to be so beautiful.
>>
>>44569012
Not him, but I'm curious as to how gladiator beats hold up. I loved being able to turn one, into whatever one I needed. Plus they had a lot of ways to blow up your opponents cards, or otherwise keep them from casting shit. It was a very dynamic play style, and I loved it for that.
>>
>>44568952
That's my problem with yugioh right now. It really has become a pay to win game.
>>
>>44569079
I am too. I haven't really played too seriously since 2011 when many people on my college dorm floor played. I recently started up again, but I remember one of my friends had a gladiator beast deck that was pretty cool.

>>44569097
Not really. If you think about it, of course the people who are willing to spend more money on cards will have better cards, because they have more cards overall. However there are still very cheap decks that are still good. Performpals for instance is mostly made of common cards.

Also one of the best ways to make a deck sometimes is to buy three of the structure decks and beef it up with all the best cards. So you get 3 of each. Also sometimes its just cheaper to buy singles online than it is in boosters, unless you're going for the money cards.
>>
>>44569097
To an extent, it always has been. Even back in the beginning, your Kaiba starter deck supplemented by boosters was never going to hold up to that guy who bought every Exodia, Raigeki and Dark Hole.

I think we just see it more nowadays because there are just so many thousands of useless cards abandoned in favor of the next big broken thing, and because we live in a time when internet purchases to instantly obtain the best cards has made boosters obsolete, putting together a broken, perfect, copy-pasted deck is incredibly easy.

And I'll admit, I would totally make the most broken deck imaginable if the best cards at any time ever looked good enough. But by coincidence, I just never like whatever's the best set at the time. Woe is me, that the most stylish cards are always pathetically underpowered.
>>
>>44569162
Battlin' Boxers is a cheap deck. It works great, but it gets maulled by the current meta.
Performpals is not that expensive. But common cards can be expensive as fuck because of the demand. Just look at Kozmo.
>>
>>44569062
My nigga. I still have a Ancient Gears/Gear Town deck that I kick around sometimes. It's slow but oh Lord is it fun.
>>
>>44569292
To be honest though, every card game is like this. The person who is willing to spend the most money will have the best cards. That doesn't always mean they'll win though. >>44569322
Yeah Kozmo cards are hard for me to find with commons. I saw a performpal deck on ebay and it was listed at around 60 dollars. I thought that was silly since all the cards in the deck were common. I hear kozmo and nekros are some of the best decks right now. I'll have to check out the battlin' boxers. Maybe theres something I can do to make them better.
>>
>>44569292
That's true. But my point is: once pendulums get more support you are gonna have to play pendulums. So my fire fist deck is gonna be useless and I'm gonna have to dish out money for a pendulum based deck.
My problem is that I am basically cheap as fuk
>>
So I think an anti-pendulum burn/stall deck might be fun to make. Basically, the object would be to cause as much damage to opponents life points as possible while protecting my own, and fucking over the pendulum monsters/special summons.

What do you think would be good cards for this deck? I'm already thinking Jowgen the spirtualist would be a beasty card to have to it. Along with golden lady bug. I'll probably try to have 3 of those or something. Those golden lady bugs piss people the fuck off. I love it, and they're very hard to destroy since they're in my hand.

of course there are a few other direct damage spell and trap cards I could use. Any suggestions?
>>
>>44569368
A battlin' boxer deck goes for less than 40. It's cheap.
>>
>>44569368
>every card game is like this
You mean every T/C CG is like that.
>>
>>44569370
>Like I said man, get 3 pendulum structure decks and build from there. It's pretty cheap overall compared to trying to get lucky with boosters. Or you could pay about 20 bucks on ebay and get that present to you. Heres the one I just got in the mail today. http://vod.ebay.com/vod/FetchOrderDetails?qu=1&itemid=181955173266&transid=1448820435008&viewpaymentstatus=

>>44569500
>>44569500
yes thats what I mean
>>
>>44569453
>>44569453
thanks for the heads up man ill check it out. >>44569517
Also my bad on that link. Try this one for the deck I was talking about.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181955173266
>>
>>44568242

Decks tier one.
>>
>>44569544
This was the deck that I got in the mail today.

Any suggestions on what to add or take away from it?

Monsters:
3x Odd-Eyes Meteorburst Dragon
3x Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon
3x Rune-Eyes Pendulum Dragon
3x Nobledragon Magician
3x Oafdragon Magician
3x Wisdom-Eye Magician
3x Dragonpulse Magician
3x Dragonpit Magician
3x Timegazer Magician
3x Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon
3x Stargazer Magician

Spells/Traps:
3x Polymerization
3x Sky Iris
3x Mystical Space Typhoon
3x Sacred Sword of Seven Stars
3x Pendulum Call
3x Pendulum Shift
3x Pendulum Rising
3x Terraforming
3x Pendulum Back

I think this deck would do decently in a tourney
>>
>>44569436
Those trap card monsters could work.
>>
>>44569594
trap card monsters? Is that similar to tokens?
Any good examples of such?
>>
So how true is it that every deck these days is just
[prebuilt archetype] plus cards that are so good they are in every deck?
>>
>>44569640
True in my experience, but that's been the case since elemental heroes.
>>
>>44569640
Eh semi true.

Archetypes have been pretty popular since they were first introduced. (Gravekeepers was the first right? I still have my gravekeepers deck, love it)

Anyways, I have a light deck which uses a mix of different cards. Fairys probably dominate the most in that deck, but there are still a lot of warriors, machines, and I think even spellcasters that I use in it.

If you use an archtype deck, then someone will probably know how to beat you easier than if you were to base a deck around attributes like light, dark, water, etc.
>>
>>44569610
Zoma the spirit.
Run it with dark room of nightmare if its a burn deck.
>>
>>44569707
Dark Scorpions came first I think.
>>
>>44569683
>>44569683
yeah I think you're right, people relied on archtypes more since then.

Do you guys actually watch the show too? I haven't really given it much of a watch since the GX days, where I didn't even finish the series.

I hear they're making a new movie with the originals in it though. The new series just looks silly with the animation style and characters.
>>
>>44569776
I thought the scorpions and gravekeepers were in the same booster? I'll have to check.

>>44569750
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check that card out.
>>
This thread is cancer
>>
>>44569786
Still haven't seen anything from 5ds onward. Meant to since I heard 5ds was decent, but never got around to it.

Not related at all to Yugioh, but started rewatching old Zoids shows again. God I miss the early aughts.
>>
>>44569810
then go to another one, not everyone likes what you like
>>
>>44569810
I disagree. This is actually the most cordial Yugioh thread I've seen in months.
>>
File: X-Saber Anu Piranha.png (615KB, 400x580px) Image search: [Google]
X-Saber Anu Piranha.png
615KB, 400x580px
Who is best girl and why is it A New Piranha's DFC?
>>
>>44569826
Yeah five d looked sorta cool I just couldn't get over the whole dueling on motorcycles thing I think it made no sense especially right after gx.
>>
>>44569750
Just looked them both up and Damn dude that's a savage combo, ill have to write those down.
>>
File: X-Saber_Anu_Piranha.jpg (143KB, 544x544px) Image search: [Google]
X-Saber_Anu_Piranha.jpg
143KB, 544x544px
>>44569883
>censored artwork
C'mon son
>>
>>44569967
desu, my biggest gripe with every yugioh anime is that they set it in a real world analogue slightly in the future and put a ton of emphasis on technology, holograms, and virtual reality, but then they also have these very magical shadow games, alternate dimensions and mystical monsters from the beyond in every single show. So, why don't they ever just cut out the bullshit technology and give us duelists as sorcerers summoning monsters without duel disks and basically be a magical version of pokemon battles using yugioh rules? Make an entire show focused purely on the magic, monsters, and shadow games aspect of the franchise.
>>
>>44569640
True. Every deck is like:
12~15 archtype monsters
3 mirror force
3 MST
1 solemn warning
1 raigeki
2 traptrix or vanity's emptiness
1 torrential.

And the rest in archtyper related spells. Also the extra decks runs at least two of this:
Daigusto Emeral
Gagaga Cowboy
Dwelling Abyss
Castel
Evilswarn exiciton knight
>>
>>44570018
>duelists as sorcerers summoning monsters without duel disks and basically be a magical version of pokemon battles using yugioh rules
That is MtG's schtick.
>>
>>44570010
Shit, did they actually flatten her chest? I thought that DFC was the original artwork.
I like both versions. Either way, you know she's got a fine ass under all that studded leather.
>>44570044
And tech to summon and control monsters that the show insists are in one way or another real is both Pokemon and Digimon's schtick. Yugioh won't be able to win originality points anyway, I just want them to cut out the middle man and try something different.
>>
>>44570018
Yeah man. As the series goes on people seem to value this card game more than anything else lol. I wish they didn't go crazy with the long time periods between series. I think gx takes place like 20 to 30 years after the original series took place.
>>
>>44570002
Add chain detonation and chain strike too
>>
>>44570018
Also, I never got the memo on why 4chan replaces some of my words with "desu".
>>
>>44569640
Clownblade has a fair share of mixed archetypes and cards, but before that the last deck to not be full archetyped was Junk Doppel, a good three years before I think.

>>44570072
5Ds had some magic fuckery but that was about it I think. Not sure where Arc-V is going, dropped it a bit after the start of the tournament because didn't had time to watch it anymore.
>>
>>44570041
Lol thats a crazy amount of traps in addition to the archtype support spell and trap cards. Idk seems like too big of a deck. To still run an archetype with all those traps.
>>
>>44570112
Oh yeah, they all have magic somewhere in there. All that amazing technology is just to mesh the card game we know into the show, so the characters can sell us the product. Then there's always some ancient magic operating behind the scenes to move the plot forward.
>>
>>44570110
It's because you are cancer, desu senpai.
>>
>>44570112
B4 clownblade and after junk variants there was H.A.T.
>>
>>44570217
Sagittarius, actually.
>>
>>44570114
It's still at 40 cards. Most decks are like that, although pendulums run almost no traps from what I have seen.
>>
>>44570112
Arc-V's got this alternate dimensions thing going on and some hints at what could be magic but could also just be weird cross-dimensional super science.
>>
>>44570339
Ariadne variants run a reasonable amount
>>
>>44570339
really? Interesting.
The one that came with the deck I bought for 18.95 only came with Pendulum back. I might switch it out if I find I don't use it as often. Although a lot of the cards in this pendulum deck rely on discarding a card occasionally, in which case pendulum back could be useful.

Or I could just add in a magic cylinder, mirror force, and torrential tribute.
>>
What are good decks that work off graveyards? My friend wanted to make a deck that worked well with graveyards. Think Lightsworn and Gravekeepers type deck styles.

The lightsworn deck that I got recently is fun to play with, and since we played with my gravekeepers deck before, it's given him this idea.

I'm only asking because I took a 3 year break with this game before recently getting back into it.
>>
>>44569581

I'm not sure about TCG names but there is no Entermate Skullcrobat joker in there and that is a problem.
>>
>>44570018

>give us duelists as sorcerers summoning monsters

They did do exactly that. That was the last season of the first one and even parts of the backstory in ZeXal.
>>
>>44570859
>
>>44570859
>>44570859
I think I have one in the starter deck
>>
>>44571350

You're gunna need 3
>>
>>44571507
oh ok
>>
>Entermate Skullcrobat joker
>>44571507
It seems like it would benefit that deck that I posted, but I might want to use the one extra that I have on a performpal deck. I think my friend has one that I might be able to convince him to trade me.
>>
>>44570674
Shaddolls
b4 Construct was banned, (Chaos) Shaddoll Lightsworns was a beast of deck
>>
>>44570018
There was also a brief stint in GX S3 where demons used biological duel disks fused to their arms.
>>
>>44572738
hah biological duel disks? That makes no sense.

Duel disks were invented by kaiba. Before that they had those huge field things.
>>
>>44572845
remember Duel Monsters is an ancient egyptian game that was played on stone tablets or some shit, stuff like that shouldn't be considered farfetched
also,
>asking for sense in a saturday morning shonen
>>
File: image.png (371KB, 308x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
371KB, 308x450px
>>44568818
you have always been able to do this
>>
>>44573025
That's true, I remember doing that shit way back.

May god help you if your opponent had two of those in his hand with a lord of d
>>
>>44573095
the sheer amount of luck needed to open/draw those cards, keeping your Lord of D. alive, and surviving a possible mirror force/dark hole/torrential/etc is some next level heart of the cards shit

mad props to anyone who actually pulled that off
>>
>>44573167
well keep in mind, monster reborn was still legal around then. And other shit to make it happen.
>>
>>44573198
agreed, pot of greed was around
but also delinquent duo, forceful sentry, imperial order, etc
fuck, I miss playing those broken cards with my school buddies back in the day
>>
>>44573289
>>44573289
change of heart, soul exchange, etc lol
>>
>>44569097
>TCG
>not pay to win
It comes with the bloody genre.
>>
>>44569062
AGs were never good, not when they came out, not now, not ever.
>>
>>44569079
Glads turned into a meme deck and died in a ditch. Blame konami of America for being made up of drooling retards.
>>
>>44572845
>>44572956
Duel Monsters is a ritualised game based on arcane rituals that involve summoning spirits from a number of parallel worlds (GX would later go on to state that there are exactly twelve dimensions, one of which is where the series take place). The rituals that would later evolve into the game in original YGO were independently discovered by the Atlantians, Egyptians, Scandinavians, and the Pre-Columbic people of the Americas, the latter of whom invented a variant using chariots that would later evolve into DUELING ON MOTORCYCLES.

Drawing on memories from his prior incarnation as the High Priest Seto, Kaiba based his Duel Disk design on the Dia Dhank, an artifact used by the ancient Egyptians for their own variant of Duel Monsters.

I can't believe I remember all this shit.
>>
>>44573687
>>44573687
hahah you're right, and I know you are.

man I loved that anime as a kid.
>>
>>44573687
wow, nice
>>
>>44573592
>tfw people kept trying to say GB were still playable or would come back soon for years
>tfw they're now so shit due to power creep people don't even bother

I think they even got some stuff unbanned and they're still unplayable.
>>
>>44573824
iirc they are unlimited right now, even bestiari
>>
>>44573896

UNLIMIT STRATOS
>>
>>44573940
#FMNS
do you think he would make a change?
>>
File: ebinswarm.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ebinswarm.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>
>>44573095
>>44573167
My brother would open every game with that combo. Every. Single. Game. He got pretty pissed when I learnt to retain a Dark Hole while shuffling.
>>
>>44574071
Priceless.
>>
File: PainfulChoice-DLG1-EN-C-UE.png (476KB, 400x584px) Image search: [Google]
PainfulChoice-DLG1-EN-C-UE.png
476KB, 400x584px
>>44570674
Zombies, Burning Abyss, and Infernoids are all massive graveyard vomit and recur from the graveyard constantly. Infernoids are closest to Lightsworn in terms of gameplay.

Gravekeepers are lockdown/stun. Closest thing to them right now would be Mega Monarchs.
>>
>>44574680
yeah man, I used to get that combo a lot too. Or at least the lord of d and flute combo a lot, which is enough because you could have powerful ass dragons in your hand.
>>
>>44574071
what game is this?

What games can I play to test out decks that I want? I have a really good PC, and a PS4.
>>
>>44574680
>>44575282
It seems I forgot to mention that he had that combo plus two blue eyes every game.
>>
>>44575255
dope. You think Gravekeepers can still do well in tournament play?

I think between my friend and I we have an ok amount of burning abyss cards. I've collected a few infernoid cards for an infernoid deck in the future.

Good to know, thanks for the info. I'll pass this on to my friend.
>>
File: 1449198207325.jpg (259KB, 642x750px) Image search: [Google]
1449198207325.jpg
259KB, 642x750px
>>44575376
Long story: no. Game has moved past graveyard centrality due to pendulums. Maybe if the graveyard gets big again in the future, otherwise no. Gravekeepers are only good when the graveyard is being used alot.

BA and Noids have been reprinted by now and should be dirt cheap. I think noids would run you maybe $20-30 tops for the whole maindeck, not counting extra deck stuff.
>>
>>44575344
>>44575344
yeah thats what i used to do. The dragons that I pulled out usually were blue eyes. or red eyes. Or whatever dragons that were powerful at the time.

For awhile, my favorite card was Tyrant Dragon. That dudes a beast.
>>
>>44575442
Good to know man! People told me infernoid decks were expensive as fuck, but I feel like I do have a lot of the monster cards and a few spell cards and one trap card for it.

Yeah with pendulums going to your extra deck, necrovalley has no effect over the newer decks.

I still think it will be a bitch for people who are using older decks. I have a bunch of friends who still use older decks.
>>
If you really insist on competing in YGO then buy pendulum magicians. You won't be able to complete the deck without spending big money but it's still the best you'll be able to do on a budget. You will probably get further for less money than even weaker old decks since those still require extra deck cards that can still be pricey to buy 15 of.
>>
>>44575943
yeah man thats what I did. I bought a pendelum magicians deck for 18.95. Shit seems like it works well together. I'll build on it from here. I'm not too worried about losing in a tourney, but it would be nice to get past the first or second round. I used to lose during the first round all the time when I was a kid, but then again I didnt have as much money for cards as I do now. I had to rely on parents for yugioh card money. Now i can recklessly spend my own money on cards.
>>
>>44575943
or you can wait a month and play monarch, they're better than magicians.
>>
>>44576029
>>44576029
whats that all about? Is that in the new booster or something?
>>
File: SD1-DeckEN.jpg (14KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
SD1-DeckEN.jpg
14KB, 200x300px
>>44576055
new structure deck on the 29th
>>
>>44570964
Thanks, now I have to go watch ZeXal.
>>
>>44576083
Oh fuck yeah and mad infernoids?

Thats gonna be awesome.
>>
>>44576083

Zombie Madness was better.
>>
File: SR01-DeckEN.png (1MB, 561x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SR01-DeckEN.png
1MB, 561x1000px
>>44576083
>>44576055
oops wrong deck

>>44576173
no just monarchs
>>
File: Hulk-Smash-in-The-Avengers.jpg (32KB, 570x285px) Image search: [Google]
Hulk-Smash-in-The-Avengers.jpg
32KB, 570x285px
>>44576211
>mfw Felgrand Structure looks like it might actually be usable this time
Whoever decided that Arc-V was the time to revamp old archetypes and structures should get a bigger share of the pachinko profits.
>>
File: 1449186021774.jpg (516KB, 1000x717px) Image search: [Google]
1449186021774.jpg
516KB, 1000x717px
>>44576383
the amount of legacy support lately has been bonkers. It's such a cheap way into the fans hearts but man I love them breathing life into old favorites.
>>
>>44576414
me too.

More gravekeeper support plox.
>>
File: 1449966567364.webm (3MB, 564x386px) Image search: [Google]
1449966567364.webm
3MB, 564x386px
>>44567956
If you couldn't use tuners that you just summoned then webm related becomes impossible.
>>
>>44576793
whats this game called?

Does it stay up to date with the boosters?
>>
>>44575343
>>44576838
YGOpro, and yes infact it often gets cards before they're officially printed.
It's a free game for the PC.
>>
File: D R E D G E.webm (1MB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
D R E D G E.webm
1MB, 1024x640px
>>44576793
I knew which webm this was before I even clicked.

>>44576838
YgoPro, the maker updates it with new shit the second it gets leaked/unveiled these days.
>>
>>44576868
thats awesome!
>>
>>44576892
http://www.ygopro.co/download.aspx
There's also a web based flash game, also free: duelingnetwork.com
>>
>>44576917
downloading it now. Pretty stoked to try out the cards.
>>
>>44577384
No problem, have fun.
>>
Dear Yu-Gi-Oh thread, which ritual monster is the best, and why? I would like to build a 2hipster4you kind of deck, and ritual summoning is the only type so far to not have a dimension in Arc V.
>>
File: 1450881860274.png (351KB, 309x450px) Image search: [Google]
1450881860274.png
351KB, 309x450px
>>44577750
Well, nekroz used to be good before the banlist. I guess all that's left is gishki.
>>
>>44568737
decklist, if you don't mind?
>>
File: Garma Sword.jpg (58KB, 544x544px) Image search: [Google]
Garma Sword.jpg
58KB, 544x544px
>>44577750
>Best
Objectively Garma Sword, because he's got SIX SWORDS, and doesn't need an effect to use them.
>making an actual Ritual deck
Gishkis were hot shit back when I still played. Not sure if they're still any good, but I was delighted to see Rituals again. They're genuinely my favorite monster card type.
>>
>>44577750
Odd-eyes gravity dragon, because his burn damage really makes your opponent cautious late game, and when he's summoned he bounces all your opponents spells and traps for a free attack.
>>
>>44577750
every archetype has its own boss monster, for general stats I think it's Nekroz of Sophia and for effects it's Prediction Princess Tarotrei (if you build a deck around her)
but yeah the best deck to go if you don't wanna be fucked so hard right now is Gishki Nekroz like >>44577783 and >>44577868 said
>>
>>44574071
this is the greatest thing I have ever seen
>>
File: Hungry Burger.jpg (95KB, 544x544px) Image search: [Google]
Hungry Burger.jpg
95KB, 544x544px
>>44577868
>mfw I gathered a bunch of my old rituals together and made a food deck with Bistro Butchers, Garma Sword as the head chef, and Hungry Burgers as the main goon monster. DARK Rituals had the best support at the time and Djinns actually made it work pretty well.
a few more food related monsters came out since. I should probably look into them. Malicevorous monsters especially fit the theme.
>>
>>44576793
what even
>>
>>44578005
This my friend, is why you don't just use maxx "c" every time a special summon happens.
>>
>>44577991
Dude, I love theme decks like that. That sounds really fun.
>>
>>44578019
yeah, I guess that guy never took the challenge again and now doesn't even drop it at Soul Charge
but I'm wondering about the special summon engine used, I thought only Lavalval + Norden combos were able to pull loops like that
>>
File: 1451965222090.png (346KB, 488x398px) Image search: [Google]
1451965222090.png
346KB, 488x398px
>>44578044
You underestimate the power of synchro masturbation my friend.
>>
>>44578062
well fuck me, don't recognize half the cards there
can I have a decklist? I'll try to figure out the plays on my own
>>
>>44570018
I've been itching to make this a setting for quite a while.
Players build their decks with low level creatures and eventually get the high-level/fusion/ritual/synchro/xyz/pendulum goodies.
I'd probably use some rules light combat system like strike, Giant Guardian Generation or SRW iwaku, with modifications.
>>
>>44578108
The tricky X2
Performage trick clown
Performage hat tricker
Gallis the star beast X3
Doppel warrior X3
Level eater X3
Jester Confit X3
Quillbolt hedgehog X2
Jet synchron X2
Mathematician
T.G. warworlf
Creation resonator
Red resonator X2
Synkron resonator X2
Genex ally birdman
Danylion
Mecha phantom beast something
Plauguespreader zombie
I don't know
Glow-up bulb
Where art thou X2
Double summon
Resonator call
Foolish burial
One for one
Soul charge

Extra

Formula synchron X3
Tatsunoko
Something pulse dragon idk
Accel synchron
Stardust charge warrior (I think)
T.G. hyper librarian
Ancient fairy dragon
Psyframe lord omega X3
Red dragon archfiend scarlight
Trishula dragon of the ice barrier
Red dragon archfiend bane.
>>
Anyone on Dueling Network at the moment by chance? I don't really feel up to embarrassing myself in front of complete strangers, only semi-strangers.
>>
File: 1449965049306.webm (2MB, 564x390px) Image search: [Google]
1449965049306.webm
2MB, 564x390px
>>44578286
Also, a replay of the deck being used properly.
>>
File: 1449965509602.webm (2MB, 556x382px) Image search: [Google]
1449965509602.webm
2MB, 556x382px
>>44578349
And of course I use the wrong webm.
>>
>>44578286
>>44578380
I love you, thanks galore

for anyone else interested,
>Mecha phantom beast something
O-Lion

>I don't know
Re-Cover

>Something pulse dragon idk
Phonon Pulse

>Stardust charge warrior (I think)
indeed
>>
>>44578468
Have fun m8, also thanks for clearing up the shit I got wrong.
>>
File: 1451873094112.jpg (52KB, 657x381px) Image search: [Google]
1451873094112.jpg
52KB, 657x381px
Post some of your favourite yugioh achievements.
>>
>>44579204
I once beat tellars with a Malefic Skill Drain Hands deck with only 100 HP left... still proud of it
>>
>>44579395
>HP
LP, shit
polite sage
>>
>>44579204
magical cylinder a cyber end dragon attack. It was long time ago, though, back when I still played a fun omni e-hero deck
>>
>>44577991
>>44577991
>>44577991
>>44577991
is it actually an effective deck though?
>>
>>44580500
No
>>
>>44579204

Actually having a 100% complete, tier 1, max level rarity deck.

And then the next banlist banned two $60 from my extra deck, limited one of my triple staples, and the following format banned some more extra deck guys, introduced an archetype that made my deck tier 2, and started slowly limiting Solemn Warning and other blinged out traps.
>>
>>44567956
Your friend lies. Synchro is a type of special summoning.
>>
Op here, pretty happy about how well this thread is going. Im gonna play that ygo pc game now. Downloaded it while I slept.
>>
>>44581303
Yeah, that's what I always thought. I didn't fight him on it though because he's new to the game and I want at least one friend who I can consistently play this game with.

I only took what he said into consideration because I have been wrong before. After three years of not playing I had forgotten a few basic rules here and there. Nothing crazy, just stuff like having my draw phase while going first. After reading over the basic rules once though all that shit was straightened out.
>>
how do you deal with qlis? during the nekroz format, the tower is too scary for me.

and is lightsworn still good with zombies?
>>
>>44582261
Killer is banned and the Space Jews are a dead deck.
>>
What packs have the fluffal/frightfur cards?
>>
Are Frognarchs any good in today's meta?
>>
File: recovered glory.webm (2MB, 556x382px) Image search: [Google]
recovered glory.webm
2MB, 556x382px
>>44582458
Frognarchs are old and busted, no extra monarchs are king with the new structure deck. This weebum is old as fuck though.
>>
Does /tg/ know of any unofficial but genuinely good banlists? Like, not made by Konami and subject to power-creep, but one that actually makes lots of old archetypes actually feasible?
>>
>>44584289
Just play with stuff realeased in vol 1 only if you want to play ye olde ygo.
>>
>>44584289
>unofficial
>good
Pick one.
>>
>>44584289
I think the fact that old archetypes are shit is the reason they aren't feasible, not the banlist.
>>
>>44584936
Power creep. I remember back when Gladiator Beasts were so absurd that they had their top card limited. Then synchros made everything else look pathetic. It's power creep.
Thread posts: 164
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.