[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Android: Netrunner General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 412
Thread images: 27

File: JesusHoward.png (2MB, 2100x800px) Image search: [Google]
JesusHoward.png
2MB, 2100x800px
Android: Netrunner General

What unreleased card are you looking forward to mostly?
>>
Astrolabe, no question. Having a cheap console in Shaper would be awesome, especially for the Shapers I have the most fun playing.
>>
>>34033884
Oh man, yeah, almost forgot about that. There are a few Shaper builds I have no console on but 3x Mem Chip where it'd be perfect
>>
Considering giving the game a shot, watched the youtube introductions, read up on card lists so I have some vague idea how things work.
My questions are:
1) What should I get first? Will core give me enough variety?
2) Being former M:tG player... is there any reason not to play "Draw 3" (Diesel, Anonymous Tip) in maximum allowed number of copies in each and every deck?
3) Is there anything that could be considered "combo" other than Stimhack + Personal Workshop?
>>
>>34033884
Especially since they're getting a Scavenge for hardware sometime this cycle.
>>
>>34033980
>>34033980
1. If you really want to get into it, get 2 sets of core and you're golden for months of gaming.
2. A hand limit of 5 is a harsh mistress, and in the long run it's a card that will only save you one click over drawing three. Not every deck can spare the influence, as well.
3. Test Run/Scavenge, Oracle May/Motivation/Eureka, SanSan City Grid/Breaking News/any tag punishment, Power Shutdown/Jackson Howard/Accelerated Diagnostics. Tons.
>>
>>34033980

>1) What should I get first? Will core give me enough variety?

Core is good until you can find out what you enjoy most. There are some pretty good buys like What Lies Ahead which you can get with Core, too.

If you really enjoy Shaper, for example, Creation and Control would be a good buy, but you don't know until you try!

>2) Being former M:tG player... is there any reason not to play "Draw 3" (Diesel, Anonymous Tip) in maximum allowed number of copies in each and every deck?

It takes a Click, a unit of time,
which you have limited numbers of. You cannot do infinite things in one turn.

Remember, you can draw manually, too, 1 card for 1 click.

>3) Is there anything that could be considered "combo" other than Stimhack + Personal Workshop?

Yeah, but I'd consider Stimhack + Workshop a synergy, not a combo. I think it'd be hard to find a game with no combos at all, though. No "combos" tend to be particularly prevalent really, as they're luck based a lot of the time.

And in fact, one of the strongest and most popular runners is Andromeda, who draws 9 cards rather than 5 in her starting hand. Essentially reducing luck/variance.

Low luck decks win more than high luck decks, in short.
>>
Recently I'm worried that my ICE selection is not taxing enough. What do you think? This is in Stronger Together. Also, I have countermeasures against programs (power shutdown, aggressive secretary).
I considered Wotan over Janus, but when you rez Wotan nobody gives a fuck and just etr to look for the femme. Janus is more fun, although more easy to break too.

Barrier (7)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof)
2x Heimdall 2.0 (Creation and Control)
2x Paper Wall (Mala Tempora)

Code Gate (6)
2x Datapike (Creation and Control)
2x Tollbooth (Core Set) ••••
2x Viktor 1.0 (Core Set)

Sentry (6)
2x Caduceus (What Lies Ahead) ••••
2x Ichi 2.0 (Creation and Control)
1x Janus 1.0 (What Lies Ahead)
1x Rototurret (Core Set)

Other (2)
2x Howler (Creation and Control)
>>
>>34033980
I'd say get the core set and play HB/Shaper or HB/Criminal to see if you like the game.

>1) What should I get first? Will core give me enough variety?
If you do, then get a second core and What Lies Ahead. The second core will fill in most of the cards you'll want more of, and What Lies Ahead will give you some agendas and goodies to play around with. After that, /r/Netrunner on Reddit has a detailed "what to buy" list.

>2) Being former M:tG player... is there any reason not to play "Draw 3" (Diesel, Anonymous Tip) in maximum allowed number of copies in each and every deck?
Honestly, the metrics of what makes a good card in Magic and the same in Netrunner is very, VERY different. Diesel/Anonymous Tip is a solid card in Netrunner, but isn't as ubiquitous as Ancestral Recall. In fact, not everyone who plays those factions use those cards. This is due to the "click" or action economy. During your turn, you can either click for credits, click for a card. In this aspect, the game has more in common with The Spoils (if you've heard of it) than Magic.

>3) Is there anything that could be considered "combo" other than Stimhack + Personal Workshop?
There are a lot of synergies, but not many actual combos. The only one I can think of that is released is Power Shutdown + Jackson Howard + Accelerated Diagnostics.

If you have any other questions, post away! I'm very happy with this game as a whole (even if I disagree with some of the individual choices the designers made).
>>
File: port-ill-mimic.jpg (1009KB, 1250x1000px) Image search: [Google]
port-ill-mimic.jpg
1009KB, 1250x1000px
>>
What role should assets have in the game?
>>
>>34038978
Assets are what they are, whether they are rezzed advantages for the corp, or they are taxing the runner if he goes to trash it.
>>
File: thomas_haascariot.jpg (224KB, 2100x800px) Image search: [Google]
thomas_haascariot.jpg
224KB, 2100x800px
>>34033318
Aren't you missing someone?

This guy needs to be on more cards.
>>
>>34039088
>filename

10/10.

Where does Caprice Nisei go?
>>
>>34033980

Regarding 2);
When the runner successfully runs the Corp's HQ they access one card from the corp's hand. If you have multiple Agendas in hand, this can be very bad. Drawing 3 cards can net you more agendas than you can safely play, so corp doesn't actually want to go overboard on the card draw.
>>
>>34041221
Not only that, but if you've got valuable cards and agendas in your hand and have to get rid of something, dropping the agendas can cost you the game if the runner hits archives.
>>
>tourney at my store today, just finished
Lessons learned:
>Keyhole Stirling should really run first, to prevent the other guy from sandbagging into a timeout
>New Nbn region a shit
>subliminal is no good for TWIY
>I need to run more ice
>>
>>34041462
Manaleak, by any chance?
>>
I'm back!
Since I am sure most of you have seen all my leaks proved true (outside of us pushing Bad Times back to Lunar Cycle) it is time for me to come back and do another Q&A!

What do people want to know about the future of Netrunner or hints about the big news coming up at Gencon?
>>
>>34041462

Today's matches proved unsatisfactory.

The Ken "Express" Tenma + Hemorrhage deck did great, but compared to my usual Anarch shenanigans, I found it boring to play.

The Tennin one, well, I won all matches with it, but this mainly has to do with ending paired with people that aren't really good at the game (nice people, nice to play with, but really no sense of strategy, unable to properly asses risks, making me able to intimidate them far beyond my grasp). The econ was weaker than I even feared, I would have probably lost 2-3 games out of the 6 I've won had I been faced with better players.

Back to the drawing board I guess.

Next I'll try building with Nisei Division.
>>
>>34044654
All hail our FFG Insider overlord!

How's it going with the "Cause 1 brain damage" operation? And are you the same guy from Reddit (snow-jax)
>>
>>34044667
I don't think you'll find Nisei much of an improvement. It still needs more cards with the psi text.

I have heard good things about Harmony Medtech. And I'm eager to see how Stronger Together will be after the next set.
>>
>>34044654

What's in store for Anarch ?

What's the weirdest upcoming card you can think of ?
>>
>>34044709
A pure brain damage operation is something you will likely never see. None of the versions we have tested feels right and it is kind of power creep compared to EMP. Conditional Brain Damage is a yes. We already have one in the game now and you will see more of in the future.

I have no idea who Snow-Jax is or where he is getting his cards. In the office we think he is one of our people in china. The delays meant we are all the way to printing the next deluxe while we have the entire cycle setting waiting to go.
>>
>>34044768
>I don't think you'll find Nisei much of an improvement. It still needs more cards with the psi text.

I totally expect that. I just want to get a feel of the ID.

Harmony Medteck took me three builds (and variations) before I got the one that fits me, I expect Nisei and Tennin will take a bit more - and probably a cycle or two - before I get what I want out of them.

Runner side I'm drawing a blank on inspirational blank on new venues I'd enjoy exploring.
>>
>>34044792
Some of the new upcoming NBN ICE in the next Deluxe will be really interesting. We are really going to be pushing a control style play for NBN .
Don't expect NBN to get any new Fast Advance or Speed tools for awhile.

Anarch is getting almost entirely redone in the next box. They are the weakest faction with the most fun tools. The new focus will be about other ways to use the tools they already have. Also they will be getting some real Econ.
>>
>>34045014
>We are really going to be pushing a control style play for NBN .

Writing has been on the wall for some time with this one. Nice, I enjoy playing it even now when it still feels incomplete.

>Anarch is getting almost entirely redone in the next box.

Nothing too drastic I hope; they're my favorites so far to play.

>They are the weakest faction with the most fun tools.

Agreed on the later part. Not necessarily convinced on the first. Or at least only with some conditional caveats.

>The new focus will be about other ways to use the tools they already have.

God I hope it means some of the design space left untouched about Caïssa gets explored (I was really hoping they would be doing more with the positional nature of the programs for one).
>>
>>34045014
Speaking of a control style for NBN, what do you see in store for the other factions? Where would you like them to go?
>>
>>34044654
I'm just gonna go out on a limb and ask, can we get some hints about the big news coming up at Goncon?

Also what's the plan for Weyland? By the end of this cycle, they'll be the only faction without a big box, and they already appear to be suffering for it if tourney results are anything to go by.
>>
>>34044654
Taxing RP seems absolutely busted, please tell me they won't be getting any buffs in the future?
>>
>>34045304

I have a feeling (hope?) Asset-based, horizontal Weyland is finally coming.

Taking its sweet time along the scenic route, but coming.
>>
>>34045014
Will the control-style NBN bring changes to their agenda composition, or are we cursed to suffer through 3x Astro 3x Beale 3x NAPD 2x Breaking News until the end of days?
>>
>>34045422

Market Research ? 4/3 is really great in proper build.
>>
>>34045183
>>34045304
Weyland is going to be getting a Ambush style focus within the next year or so. Also some more insanely powerful high cost ICE but with a twist.

For HB we are focusing on Stronger Together and over all taxing play.

Jinteki is just following along with what we set up in it's box.

>>34045422
Expect to run more 3 pointers (and maybe even the one it already had) in the near future. ASPP is good but it will not help the control decks. Wasting space on it will hurt the decks compared to Beale or other Agendas.

On the note of Gencon, Be ready to have fun with your "group" of friends all at once.
>>
File: 02078.png (149KB, 430x600px) Image search: [Google]
02078.png
149KB, 430x600px
>>34045550
Also some more insanely powerful high cost ICE but with a twist.
Pic related? I hope not.
>>
>>34045616
Maybe, But expect support for those kind of ICE as well.
>>
>>34045616
>Tyrant
>Insanely powerful

Pick one
>>
>>34045616
That was a cheap shot. I'm really excited for everything you've said so far!
>>
>>34044654
Why are there nerfs to runners, with currents, Information Overload, etc, considering Corp wins more at the moment?
>>
>>34045723
The goal is have good Runner play more rewarding.
Right now you can take a basic Runner deck and just keep running with a fair win rate.
We want Runners to have fear and need to use tactics, not just smash their face into R&D/HQ for 14 turns.
NAPD was a stop gap so expect it to cycle out of most decks within the next year.
>>
>>34045723

You know, left during the last conversation on currents because of the crowd, but where does, say, Lag Time, leaves a card like Experiential Data ?
>>
>>34045817
Lag time is a constant effect the Runner can account for before they start the run.
Experiential Data is not and can even kill a unsuspecting Runner.
It is a rare card to see even in our Play Test groups but it can lock down a server for that one turn you need to score a big card.
>>
>>34045785
>NAPD was a stop gap so expect it to cycle out of most decks within the next year.

As an Anarch; NAPD really was a plight. It's hard enough to tighten your econ/clicks, needing four in the banks at all time just in hopes to score was definitely a show stopper with many - if no even most - builds.
>>
>>34045893
NAPD will be a dead card VS Anarch soon. Expect GOOD ways to give Bad Pub.
>>
>>34045929
Oooh.

How does this leave the Blackmail deck? It's not bad as it is right now.
>>
I really enjoy NBN but I've heard it's the worst corp, is it still viable though?
>>
>>34045958
One of the things we want to bring into the meta is use of the Corp turn ICE Rezing cards. All four factions will soon have versions of effect and it will be the main way to counter Blackmail decks.
>>
>>34045979
It's the best corp right now, in most peoples' opinions.
>>
>>34045929
Halle-fucking-lujah
>>
>>34033318
What's the name of the original painting, by what artist?
>>
>>34046103
The Last Supper...By Leonardo Di Caprio
>>
>>34045885
>Lag time is a constant effect the Runner can account for before they start the run.
>Experiential Data is not and can even kill a unsuspecting Runner.

I can see the trap effect/value, but as far as putting a temporary block ? I'm not convinced. Lag Time can do just as well, I'd say, if timed right on that front.

>It is a rare card to see even in our Play Test groups

I can see why - it's a very difficult card to build around - to account for with your ICE selection, and it's becoming more and more difficult as the breaker pool increases on the runner's side.

One of those I come back to from time to time trying to find a proper build for.

>>34045929

I wouldn't say the current ways are so much bad as, well balanced to do several things. Frame Job is probably the only card whose only interest/aim happens to be giving bad pub.
>>
>>34045929
Did somebody say Raymond Flint?
>>
>>34045785
How many of these tactics will be mostly programs? How long till everyone joins me in Professorland?
>>
>>34044654
Any better ways to stop net damage coming up?
>>
>>34046158
>>34046179
We did not reach the goals we wanted with BP yet so we are going to look back into it with the NBN Anarch box. Expect interesting things.

>>34046180
Anarch will get a good chunk of new programs but they will be getting more Operations than you might expect.

>>34046256
No the ways to do so are almost too good now.
>>
>>34046256
Net Shield is already a card! It's still the best way to stop net damage, and any Shaper deck with SMC should run at least one.

Personally, I'd like more Big Ice for Weyland in the vein of Archer. It used to be top dog, but with the advent of Sharpshooter and recursion, it's just not what it used to be.
>>
>>34046363
>We did not reach the goals we wanted with BP

BP games are kinda stuck in a state similar to Nisei Division right now, as far as I'm concerned. It's not so much the options are *bad* as they're not numerous/versatile enough.

They constrain the kind of build you can have around them tremendously if you want a dedicated deck.

Hmmm.... an Anarch ID focused on bad pub... I wonder ?
>>
>>34046417
It takes memory and is a dead draw vs a lot of decks, and is Shaper only. It'd be very silly to splash for it.

There's no real way for Anarch/Criminal to have the same effect, and it's devastating to play vs PE.
>>
>>34044654
Any more Weyland program trashing coming up?

I'm one of the few that doesn't play them as a kill faction
>>
>>34046001
How will decks without currents do when currents become a thing?

Are you guys planning for ways to get more 3-pointers in play? Or even just things that discourage fast-advance, no-scoring-remote-necessary play?

Is Jackson always going to be the greatest corp card ever printed? And likewise Siphon for runners?
>>
File: activist-support.png (72KB, 300x418px) Image search: [Google]
activist-support.png
72KB, 300x418px
>>34046476

All that being said, pic related left me scratching my head for the longest time before I finally found a proper build for it.

Insanely constraining. I have only managed two different build for it.
>>
>>34046613

BWBI taxing deck. I feel like I'm alone on that boat.
>>
>>34046698
I run BWBI, but not taxing; rig destruction. I feel like you'd be better playing RP for that.
>>
>>34046777
What's the point of BWBI if you're doing rig destruction? Wouldn't BABW be just better?
>>
>>34046802
Woops, yeah, BABW is what I meant to say.

Mis-acronym'd.
>>
>>34046001
Can we get some spoilers on the other lunar cycle identities?
>>
>>34046613
Yes

>>34046653
Run Currents unless you feel you don't need them and are not scared of whatever the Corp has. Part of the point of Currents was limit Runner options so they can't just run pure power cards all day long.

Speed/FA will always be a thing but it will always be highly luck based (good draw VS bad draw). We are boosting the less luck based decks like control or tax. So expect FA decks to become less popular with the top level of play.

Jackson is not even the best card now.

>>34046657
I have seen some really sick plays with this card, I am shocked the general meta has not picked it up.
That said I have before and still do blame BGG for holding the evolution of the meta back.
>>
>>34046849
Anarch: Bypass 1 Barrier Sub a turn
Jinteki: The Trash cost of cards is raised by the number of face down cards in Archives.
>>
>>34046903
Bypass? Not break?

Makes E3 very sad :(

Any more?
>>
>>34046955
The rest are all in the official spoilers.
>>
>>34046865
>Jackson is not even the best card now.
What would you say is? (I was never massively fond of Jackson, though you can't deny his utility. Or the combos)
>>
>>34046865
I honestly don't see much use for Activist Support outside of dedicated Blackmail decks... After all, the support you need to generate around it is hardly worth a single BP, at least as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>34047017
ASPP for sure, let's be honest
>>
>>34046865
That said I have before and still do blame BGG for holding the evolution of the meta back.

Oh? How so? (PS I don't disagree)
>>
>>34047073
Currently? Absolutely. Though I think he meant within his future cardpool.
>>
>>34047061
And the tag can mean your death...
>>
>>34046865
>I have seen some really sick plays with this card

I ended up with a Reina Roja deck with an evolving tempo, whose late game build had been dubbed "The Assault" by local players. That card ended up really nice in there.

>I am shocked the general meta has not picked it up.

I am not. As fas as I can tell, there's been a tremendous resistance to self-destructive strategies - hence the place Anarch are stuck in right now. The idea of taking into account the potential of action/reaction of the corp and keeping it low - as opposed to just the credit pool - seems to be disregarded by most players.

I mean I still get weird comments from people who I routinely beat with some decks that the cards in them are still bad, it's just me being good.

Seems like there's just no way to make it click with some.
>>
>>34044894
Will there ever be a Zed 2.0? I love the idea of it, but most people aren't going to click through with two layers of ice.
>>
>>34046986
Any spoilers for the NBN/Anarch box IDs?
>>
>>34046903
But you can't bypass subs, you bypass ice.
>>
>>34047017
Mushy the Mushroom Man is by far the best Corp card in the pool right now.

>>34047061
It prevents the Corp from scoring NAPD and gives you free econ (something Anarch is weak in).

>>34047094
Hivemind mostly. They refuse the ideas of and mock anyone of tries to break the mold.
If you look at the Regional winners you see Midseaons decks winning all over the place where before BGG called it awful and tags worthless.

>>34047146
Yes. The second cycle of deluxe boxes will mix things up and have some crazy stuff.
>>
File: WitnessTamperbig.jpg (212KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
WitnessTamperbig.jpg
212KB, 800x720px
>>34047073
A wise guy, huh?
>>
>>34047160
Not today wait till after Gencon.

>>34047166
Says who?
>>
File: Secret_handshake.jpg (69KB, 800x536px) Image search: [Google]
Secret_handshake.jpg
69KB, 800x536px
On a side note if some one does this to me at Worlds (I will be working there) I will fund you in a Netrunner Draft.
>>
>>34047177
>>34047212
So wait, if NBN and Anarch are paired, how will the Weyland box be? All Runner factions? None? Reset the Runner cycle, making the whole thing take 12 sets to double up?
Will the new boxes be in the same Corp order? Or Runner order?
So many questions!
>>
File: cybergambler.png (526KB, 600x507px) Image search: [Google]
cybergambler.png
526KB, 600x507px
>>34047177
Shame the art/thematic counterpart is so crap.

Mushin is gold though, can't deny that efficiency
>>
>>34047318
Can't say much till after Gencon but mostly it will be Weyland plus something entirely new.
>>
>>34047318
3x Weyland IDs, 1x Runner faction IDs, I'm guessing, probably tied to Weyland some way?

4 Weyland deckboxes, 1 for each faction, in the past there has been 2.
>>
>>34047177
>Mushy the Mushroom Man is by far the best Corp card in the pool right now.

Considering the number of times I've Jacksoned back a Mushin, I'm gonna have to call it a tie.

Also is there a reason why we're seeing so much Accelerated Diagnostics combo hate this cycle?

And besides Stronger Together, which previously not-top-tier ID should we be excited for?
>>
>>34047349
We honestly designed that card testing a random card creation table for MTG we found online.
We know it is awful but also makes great stories when it works.
>>
>>34047350
Fourth faction? You wouldn't dare! Oh man I am so excite.
>>
>>34047122

That being said: if anyone has ideas besides tag-me and self-destruct deck for Activist Support, I'm all ears.
>>
>>34047177
Second cycle? How far in advance does planning go for Netrunner specifically and LCGs in general?
>>
>>34047422
I hope not, honestly.
>>
>>34047396
Eh, it's a shit card but if it cost 0 creds it might actually see some play, even as a Double. As it stands, I will rightfully laugh at anyone who includes it in his deck, cause damn son that's retarded.
>>
>>34047481
>, I will rightfully laugh at anyone who includes it in his deck, cause damn son that's retarded

Not bow before their giant testicles?
>>
>>34044654
What's your personal favorite (currently unspoiled) card?
>>
>>34047350
Which day of gencon will the biggest announcement drop?
>>
>>34046903
>Anarch: Bypass 1 Barrier Sub a turn

Hmm, I'm definitely going to have to wait for the final wording on that one. And Influence.

Because as it stands, Tinkering seems like a very nice option with it. Or even Paintbrush.
>>
>>34047697
Paintbrush is 4 influence, and I'm not sure about Tinkering but I'm not bothering to check.
>>
>>34047720
>Paintbrush is 4 influence, and I'm not sure about Tinkering but I'm not bothering to check.

Both are, but if they allow me to basically transform any ICE with one sub free to go though for one click, I'm going to check the build.
>>
>>34047805
I'd maybe persuaded on 1 paintbrush if Anarchs had any decent tutoring, but they don't.
>>
>>34047844
>I'd maybe persuaded on 1 paintbrush if Anarchs had any decent tutoring, but they don't.

I may play one even when they don't. Really going to be about all the rest.
>>
>>34047953
I guess, at least it can be hosted on Djinn.
>>
>>34047396
Would the collective have been able to click through Janus 3 times, gain a click for doing the same action, and clock through the last sub? The world needs to know.
>>
>>34048067
Don't see why not.
>>
>>34047395
Right now all of them (but the Weyland ID that will not be named) have what we call a Tier 1 deck for them. The right people have just not explored them yet.

>>34048067
No as you are not spending a click on an action.

>>34047697
We see it as the best ability on a Runner ID in the game so far. Just a hair better than Noise.
That said meta focuses on using weak generic IDs and stacking power cards so who knows if he/she/it will see play.
>>
I have a question.

What was the reasoning behind creating Lancelot? I ask because, barring Atman, it is a strictly better card than Rototurret, and it even combos with the Grail ICE. Did not enough people play Rototurret? Did program destruction need a bump? Is this the beginning of a never ending power creep?
>>
>>34048303
Roto ends the run on it's own while Lancelot does not. Roto is free to HB while Lancelot (and the other cards needed to make it good) cost influence to all factions.

Lancelot is better in some decks while Roto is better in others.
That is like complaining Guard replaced Roto.
>>
>>34048289
>That said meta focuses on using weak generic IDs and stacking power cards so who knows if he/she/it will see play.

Power players prefer consistency, and honestly it's hard to disagree.

And since you brought it up, nice way to drop the ball on BWBI, dude. Still waiting on good advanceable ICE other than Swarm
>>
>>34048394
We have more or less given up on BWBI, it is a bad card.
If we printed cards that made it good we'd break other better cards.

Let's not talk about it anymore.
>>
>>34048289
Even Exile? I mean, Street Chess is really janky, but I wouldn't call it Tier 1
>>
>>34048461
Well, at least it's nice to have some "official" confirmation.

Now how about you throw Weyland a bone or two, eh? Would it really kill ya?

Thanks for Taurus btw but it's still not enough
>>
>>34048461

Pffffffffff... why must you torment me so ?
>>
Are altered art cards allowed in tournaments? Custom-painted ones, I mean.
>>
one of the best A:NR threads in a long while. kudos to FFG Insider.
>>
>>34048522
They're fine as-is.

Stop treating them as a kill faction and you'll go far.
>>
File: 17 - ecLTgDY.png (357KB, 412x572px) Image search: [Google]
17 - ecLTgDY.png
357KB, 412x572px
>>34048468
Exile has a deck but not Street Chess.
Look into repeated use of one shot or limited charge breakers. Overmind is really good for him as refreshing it just speeds you up.

Cache is really good with him as it is econ he can pop back for a free draw and more credits as needed.

>>34048522
>>34048541
Good Weyland cards are coming this cycle. The shifting ICE is really good for changing the tempo of the game as you trash breakers.
Their box is going to be AMAZING.

>>34048580
Not my area. I think only IDs.

>>34048591
No prob, saw it was stale today so thought I'd spice things up to compete with the DnD 5e guys.
>>
>>34048468
Dude, Grappling Hook + e3 with Crypsis. Funnest Exile deck I've ever played.
>>
>>34048652
>Good Weyland cards are coming this cycle

Well, maybe, but I am seemingly one of the few who really likes the idea of taxing BWBI, and was hoping for something to make it work (really loving Morph ICE though, as a side note - the idea at least).

Still really don't get what it is exactly you were trying to do with the "advance only while rezzed" ICE.
>>
>>34048652
>shifting ICE
I beg your pardon?
>>
>>34048858
There was an ICE spoiled that changed to Barrier on odd advancements and Code Gate on even (Or something)
>>
>>34048832
The ideas was let them in once than never again. The people who designed them did not expect Parasite to be such a huge card in the meta. It was dumb and those people no long work on Netrunner.

>>34048858
Morph ICE that shift from one type to another when you advance them.
>>
>>34048858

Morph, I gather ?
>>
>>34048832
> the "advance only while rezzed" ICE.

Probably for Tennin
>>
>>34048873
>>34048886
>>34048888
Ah, I had forgot about those. At this late hour, I had somehow conflated "shifting" with "changing position". Apologies.

Shifting ICE is... yeah, it could work, I guess. I'm not super keen on the time it takes to advance ICE though, and rarely do it myself (save for the aforementioned Swarm)
>>
>>34048461
BWBI 2.0: when your turn begins, you can pay $1 to place an advancement token on an ice that can be advanced.

Or, well, there's a commercialization recursion build out there somewhere for someone to give it some loving.

Also what? Nisei Division has a T1 build using the current pool of cards? Or are we talking by the end of lunar?
>>
>>34048652
Why did Kit only get 10 influence? I've been mad about that since C&C was announced.
>>
>>34048949
With more, she'd be OP.

She's really good as-is.
>>
>>34048949
Are you kidding? Do you not see how ridiculous she could get with the extra five points? Same goes to Iain. I think maybe 12 for both would be fairer, but better safe than sorry.

>>34048886
>The people who designed them did not expect Parasite to be such a huge card
I am facepalming so hard. So, so hard.
>>
>>34048937
It turns many meh cards into gold. Most the T1 level decks I see out of it use Cerebral Cast and Tag Punishment. Be it SE or Closed Accounts.
You are forced into taking a Tag and likely taking a big hit or taking a Brain Damage and being closer to an EMP death.
Things like Snowflake become playable and maybe even Econ cards.
It takes a good "Mind Games" style player to pull it off but it is T1.

>>34048949
If you can load her up with Anarch toys she becomes unstoppable.
>>
>>34048937
>what is Tenin Institute

>>34048949
>what is being able to turn 1 account siphon without mattering whatever Ice got dropped in front of HQ
>>
>>34048886
>It was dumb and those people no long work on Netrunner.
Gotta admit, I lol'd.

What are the designers' opinions on accelerated diagnostics combos? Did they know from the start that 7 points in one turn was a doable thing?
>>
>>34049062
This might not be your department again, but how do you go about finding your artists for cards?
>>
>>34048928

I love Morph because it muddles the field. More advance-able ICE makes it more difficult for the runner to properly asses the situation faced when running against a one-token-advanced ICE, and this time there's a qualitative difference, not just a difference of power to it. You can't just get more money for your Killer or Fracter. Might be a Code Gate.

Also, Code Gate. By itself. So very few of them in them in Weyland, let alone of value.

>>34048886

That being said - against conventional wisdom - Salvage really did help me win me some games the few time I ran it.
>>
>>34049092
Yes and they knew it'd be slightly good for a little bit.
Still not a "good" deck and now we are releasing some hard counters (that have other uses as well) for people who want to have some.

>>34049094
Not really my thing again. I think people submit art to us and we offer contracts from there.

>>34049125
Salvage in a no Parasite and No Link Meta is insanely good.
>>
>>34049062
>It turns many meh cards into gold.
But there are only 6 cards it fires off of in the whole card pool! Or are you trying to tell us that Bullfrog is secretly fantastic?
>>
>>34049157
Has anybody actually used Exploratory Romp? I see all these cards like ER, Grifter, and I can't figure out how they'd actually be useful.

ER is a good counter to Mushin no Shin, but it's still sorta iffy.
>>
>>34049157
Doesn't Salvage get completely nullified by Yog, though?
>>
>>34049204
If only Jinteki got an Agenda that burns tokens to prevent the Runner from jacking out...
>>
>>34049204
Bullfrog is hilarious in a meat grinder. Also Cell portal
>>
>>34049230
You people are devious bastards. I love it.

At which pack will Nasir have all the tools he needs to be T1? Or is everything he needs already released?
>>
>>34049230
Will the Runner ever get a run even that "if successful, instead of accessing cards remove one hosted agenda counter from a card?" Astroscript NEEDS a hard counter. the Source and Chakana aren't cutting it.
>>
>>34049311
He has most of what he needs already. You can replace Kate with him in most Shaper decks and just change how you play a little. Shaper over all will get better (And not just Green Anarch decks) this cycle so he will get better too.

>>34049314
Those counters work fine if you know how to use them.
>>
>>34049230
Will we ever see a stealth console and can it be in shaper so 1x blackat / 2x dyson fractal generator / 2x silencer can be imported?
>>
>>34049227

It still kinda surprises me how Yog.0 and Parasite got so severely undervalued, influence-wise (I mean, Desperado for three inf and Parasite for one immediately made me go "whut?" when opening the core box).

>>34049157
>Salvage in a no Parasite and No Link Meta is insanely good.

On that front, I wonder if the general Meta is ever going to catch up on traces/Link, or if it's ever going to remain a niche things in local metas like mine. And if it does catch up, what will it take for the change to come ?

>>34049314
>the Source and Chakana aren't cutting it.

They aren't ? In what respects ? (Genuine questions.)
>>
>>34049463
Stealth support will be at least as slow as NEXT support. In 2-3 years both those things will be insanely good.

>>34049484
The issue was less with Yog.0 and more with Datasucker. IMO Datasucker needs a recon to 3 inf or a right out ban.
>>
>>34049484
In my experience, the Source cuts up way too much influence and Chakana feels too clunky (but that's be being finicky, I admit). What I want to really see is a trashable resouce that prevents 3 virus counters from being purged when the corp purges virus counters.
>>
>>34049567
Chakana works two hold. Delaying the Corp be slowing down scoring or delaying it by making them skip a turn.
The problem is most people run Parasites or Datasuckers making the value of clearing it much higher.
In a deck where it is the only Virus it is highly effective as a 1 drop.
>>
>>34049523
> IMO Datasucker needs a recon to 3 inf or a right out ban

Really?

It supports aggressive, exciting play and allows for some fun strategies.

I'd rather see that than 5 turns of "Take 8" in Shaper.

It's the only card keeping runners in the game.
>>
>>34049523
Can we see retcons so all the 3/2 agendas can be 4/2s? You won't even need to change their text, Vitruvius and co can just get one agenda token by default on scoring.

Related: have you ever seen an over-advanced Braintrust?
>>
>>34049613
Yeah, but good luck making a competitive Shaper deck without any other viruses.
>>
>>34049523
I'd be very sad on a ban for Datasucker, because it's pretty much all that keeps Anarch alive. It definitely needed to be two influence minimum though, not sure what the hell they were thinking. Y0g, ech.... I can kinda forgive (but not really). With Datasucker, they have no excuse. None.
>>
>>34049613
NBN: FA or Psychobeale, which do you prefer?
>>
>>34049523
>The issue was less with Yog.0

It's the only (non-trash-able) Icebreaker that breaks for zero, which I do think is kind of a big thing in and by itself, even in spite of the fixed strength. Maybe not a three inf card, probably not, but one really seems low to me.

>BGG

Seeing it mentioned made me check the place.

Lord, their evaluation thread of Cyber Threat just left me dumbfounded.
>>
>>34047448

Lunar cycle is locked in. Next deluxe is locked in. Next cycle is not finalized. Next-next deluxe is in pre-alpha.
>>
>>34049676
>Lord, their evaluation thread of Cyber Threat just left me dumbfounded.

Link, for science?
>>
>>34049721
Who would win in a fight? You or FFG Insider?
>>
>>34049721
Not sure if wrong tripcode or if we're about to see a leaker throwdown
>>
>>34049629
>>34049654
It is a card that turns the econ battle into a chain reaction of cheap runs. Any time the Corp tries to level the playing field by clearing they Runner is so far ahead from action compression that it becomes a game of "Lets see how the top deck likes more".
If it was not so easy to drop 2-3 in ANY deck and just make it much better I'd not be so frustrated with it.
Half the time we design ICE we just have to throw it out from Datasucker and Parasite making it pointless.

>>34049633
I once got a Mushin Braintrust combo'd out to 2 counters in turn 3. It was an easy win from there.

>>34049667
Tag Storm with Psycho is my deck.

>>34049721
DUDE WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU!?
>>
>>34049633

One of my fave opening moves in my Harmony Medtech is just Mushin advance a Braintrust then score it at seven on turn two - with tw advancement counters. Then I have most of my ICE econ covered for the rest of the game.

High risk high reward, but really satisfying and fun.

The rise of Silhouette decks made it less likely to happen sadly.

>good luck making a competitive Shaper deck without any other viruses.

>>34049648
Seriously ? What do you think are *needed* vius for Shapers ?
>>
>>34049783
>DUDE WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU!?
Hear that? That's the sound of a thread going from fantastic to epic
>>
>>34049721
>>34049783
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT.

Also, tagstorm. <3 my nigga.
>>
>>34049744
>>34049862

Well, "FFG insider" has blatantly lied about at least one thing on this thread. I think he's trying to bait me into saying exactly what I know so they know where the leak is.

You know, basically like a typical game of A:NR.
>>
>>34049894
We mother fucking Cyberpunk now.
>>
>>34049894
We have both been proven true in the past at this point.
How about you point out where I "lied" and we see who the real insider is.
>>
>>34049894
So are you saying you're a Compromised Employee?
>>
>>34049843
>Seriously ? What do you think are *needed* vius for Shapers ?

Suckers for Atman and at least one Parasite, you can't really say no when they have so much recursion.
>>
>>34049929

You have been proven right on what?

As to your second sentence, case in point.
>>
>>34049986
Last time I was posting I spoiled many cards and design goals of Lunar Cycle before it was revealed.

You just have card lists (likely from being inside the printing house).
>>
>>34049949
>tfw my Shaper deck only has 4 programs.

EVENT DECKS, MUHFUCKA.
>>
>>34049986
Who leaked the lunar anarch and jinteki id's first?
>>
>>34049734

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1214685/so-cyber-threat-post-testing-thoughts

>>34049949

Atman is just one build though, not the be-all-end-all of Shapers. Parasite is nice but not indispensable, and certainly not needed to such an extent that running it alongside Chakana proves to be counter-synergistic.
At least I don't think so.
>>
>>34050065
Snow-Jax.
I don't leak full cards, mostly just the design behind cards and hints for upcoming content.
He right out posts card lists.

I am an Insider and he is just some dude that has product from China.
>>
>>34050065
and on the note of the lunar anarch ID, why is Quetzal's ability so fucking shit?
>>
>>34050100

>Atman is just one build though,

Very true! Still, it's the most popular build for winning tournaments.

Parasite is too good for 2 influence, given you can SMC it out then Clone Chip it repeatedly

Sucker works in every build, and Shapers are really good with memory due to Mem Chips being in faction.
>>
>>34050154

The what know ?

Depending on the exact wording, that ID has the potential to be one of the strongest ones.
>>
>>34050212
how? Explain the usefulness in breaking one barrier subroutine each turn? All I see is early-game access through most baby barriers.
>>
Well Snow-Jax you called me out on not being truthful in this topic but refuse to say about what.
Why come out with a swing and not back it up?

Lets hear your case.
>>
>>34050374

??????????????????????
>>
>>34050374

????,????
>>
>>34050394
>skipping NBN for a big box

THANK FUCKING CHRIST.
>>
>>34050394
>>34050427
Shipping warehouse at the docks in China. Only place you can have gotten that without being at the printers and we checked them fully.

Tagged Snow-Jax. Lets see if you can shake it in time.
>>
>>34050301
Single-handedly forces rush NBN to either stack barriers or rely mainly on quandaries for etr

Lets you get through heimdall 2 without taking the brain damage

Makes eli less taxing (1 click instead of 2)

Will mitigate grail shenanigans

All of the above means corroder isn't absolutely vital in the early game. I'm starting to think this id is gonna be good. Are you aware of how many barriers only have 1 sub?
>>
inb4 decoy'd
>>
>>34050394
OH SNAP.
>>
>>34050466

If you wanted less love for NBN this cycle, prepare to be disappointed. Enjoy "tag-me" while you can.
>>
>>34050394
Yeah, given Reina's backstory, it only made sense for Anarch to be paired with Weyland. And given NBN's penchant as Fox News, I imagine it can show up in a box with all three factions.
>>
>>34050579
Oh no, I absolutely adore NBN. I just don't think they're in a strong enough position that they really didn't need a big box.

And on that note, was Diversified Portfolio *actually* designed for Near-Earth Hub, but was released in H&P to make it seem less brutal?
>>
>>34050427
This really, really makes the Anarch ID bonkers. e3 plus this means zero barriers are safe. Hadrian's, Curtain Wall, nada. Zilch. Cero. We're done.
>>
>>34050607
It will be called "NBN vs the World."
>>
>>34050579
Now that we know where you got your stuff how about you leak the rest?
It will make the internet buzz fun for the next few weeks.
Not going to come after you just close up that hole for next time.

I'd get fired if I leaked a bunch but you might as well go for it. At least than I'd be more free to talk about Lunar.
>>
>>34050607
>im still holding out for a 'turncoat' faction of corporate employees gone rogue
>inb4 ken tenma is crim and the source is neutral
Snowjax can be their first runner
>>
>>34050643
only early game. It's sort of Anarch-does-Kit. Would be fun with tinkering, but Anarch can't play effectively.
>>
>>34050643
Sir, thank you for this post, as I didn't get that translation until I read this.
>>
>>34050301
>All I see is early-game access through most baby barriers.

Most Barriers period. Only three barriers are not natively porous with this ID if I remember. No breaker needed. Nothing needed.

That's no small thing.

With paintbrush, you can make it any one subroutine ICE. Free to break for one click.

Depending on whether it actually "breaks" or "bypasses", you may add E3 shenanigans.

This ID could well just take the run naked Anarch build to a whole new level of pressure.
>>
>>34050643
>>34050709
I feel like Kit and Quetzal would make a cute lesbian couple. Fuck you, sentries.
>>
>>34050749
Crim runner chick that does the same for sentries? $1 recurring stealth credit that can be used to break sentries?
A man can dream, can't he?
>>
>>34050796
Crims already have Andromeda for early-game crashing. They don't need more.

Although I really want to see an ID that has two recurring stealth credits for runs.
>>
>>34050796
It'll come, but whenever it does, it won't be as good as either of these babes I can guarantee it. Sentries need to stay scary.
>>
>>34050677

I... can't tell why you're trying to troll me.
>>
>>34050988
Just saying leak it all. Makes it so the entire cycle is known and can be debated in full. I can talk about it as it has been leaked. Plus it can go up on OCTGN for people to test pre-worlds.

It is a win for all involved. There is no reason for you not to do it, so why don't you?
You have said you have it all plus the next deluxe. So... show us the goods!
>>
>>34051055
Related: up to what will be legal for worlds?
>>
le bump
>>
File: tgtbt.png (55KB, 300x418px) Image search: [Google]
tgtbt.png
55KB, 300x418px
>>34051055
>>
>>34051055

Why are you still using the "insider" trip when it has been confirmed that you're full of shit, and nothing you said in any of the previous threads was true?
>>
>>34052454

I've been swamped at work for the past while, what did he say previously?
>>
>>34048461

This also is false. There is an entire host of things coming that will make BWBI better. Not great, but better.
>>
>>34052580
I'd have to go back to the archives to get any other specific posts, but namely said Bad Times was gonna be in Spin Cycle.
>>
>>34053058

He also told us it was an NBN card and that it was changed to "The Runner gets -X MU, where X is the number of tags they have", and that Mastermind was being reprinted in Honor and Profit. He's totally full of shit.
>>
>>34053058
>>34053175

Well sorry guys, wish I was here earlier.
>>
>>34053258
It's k man, the bombshells dropped tonight are only better because of their build up
>>
>>34051055

Hey Insider guy, I've tried to get an internship position at FF but was basically denied because I'm not from the US. Could you give me some insight into the recruitment process if you know anything about it?
>>
File: Whizzard2.jpg (93KB, 459x338px) Image search: [Google]
Whizzard2.jpg
93KB, 459x338px
Bumping.

Also that was damn cool.

>>34052454
He has said true things before. Probably a combination of generating hype, reducing suspicion and changes (to packs and such) happening above/after the level that he deals with.
>>
>>34053175
Mr. Stone wanted to change it as he felt there was too much Tag Punishment coming down the road. That is why we pulled it from Spin Cycle and pushed to the start of Lunar. We often have 3-4 versions of the same card in our Playtest pool to see what one works best. Most of us really liked the lose MU = to tags but I will agree that play Information Overload did just lock down a game some times. I mostly play NBN Tag Storm/Control so I do tend to push for cards that make it stronger. Stone HATES too heavy of Control in a game (one of the rants he makes from time to time is how the vary basic idea of how Blue works in MTG will make it always the best Color) so he is careful about what he pushes for it. Tag-me decks are getting hit hard in Lunar already so that is why we ended up publishing the weaker version of Bad Times.

Mastermind was on the list for H&P but ended up getting cut for Susanoo-No-Mikoto. The main reason was fear over interactions if HB ended up winning Chronos Protocol. Now that Jinteki has won it we will be printing Mastermind at some point in the future.
>>
Honestly, the fact that he has card names and concepts before they are released, but misplaces them by cycle or mechanic, solidifies the idea that he is in-house for spoilers. Sometimes card designs change or get moved around. Also, he has been accurate before.
>>
Well it looks like Snow-Jax backed out and does not want to post his stuff so I am willing to go back to doing Q&A for the rest of the day.

Might be a little slow while I am at work but go ahead and ask me anything.
>>
>>34053175

Soooo you mean what Bad Times was supposed to be before they realized that it was incredibly stupid OP?

>Midseasons for 20
>drop that card, say goodbye to your entire rig because you now have -15 MU
>>
Considering the information on the upcoming deluxe expansions was not true, however, makes me wonder what his motivation might be to post untrue information...
>>
>>34057541
Mastermind feels like it should be H-B. Is suggesting that it was going to be in H&P saying it was Jinteki? Or Neutral?
>>
>>34057723
So Magic has Two Headed Ogre, Star Wars LCG has it's new 2v2 and scenarios. There is a pretty neat variant for ANR (The Big Sellout) on BGG I have been wanting to try. I know it would be kinda niche, but have you guys been doing any concepts for some sort of alternate ANR play? A pure multiplayer format, or something else?
>>
>>34057830
What was Mastermind, anyway?
>>
>>34057830
It was going to be the big super high cost Jinteki ICE of the box. That might change before it gets printed now. It will likely shift around a bit before it gets printed.

>>34057848
Keep an eye on Gencon.
>>
File: netrunner-mastermind.jpg (44KB, 200x295px) Image search: [Google]
netrunner-mastermind.jpg
44KB, 200x295px
>>34057862
>>
>>34057865
In-Run BD based on size of Glacier just *oozes* H-B though, so I'm kinda glad.
>>
File: I'm gonna need more glasses.gif (498KB, 262x200px) Image search: [Google]
I'm gonna need more glasses.gif
498KB, 262x200px
>>34057885
I need it.
>>
>>34057885
Are we going to see Ice like Mastiff, with the whole 'If there is an X counter (Presumably a Power Counter on the Ice), do 2 Net Damage or whatever to the Runner at the start of every run"? It's basically what I was hoping Illicit Ice would be, rather than "This Ice gives you BP. There are nastier Ice that do not, but hey, this one's cheap!"
>>
I have two questions:
1) might not be your department, but will we see an official online platform to play AN:R in the near future?
2) Are there plans for cards to interact with agenda counters?
>>
>People paying attention to the "insider".

Fuck, how can you people remain so stupid time after time? About the only thing the insider "got right" was Bad Times, which everyone and their mother was predicting, and he claimed it was in Spin 6 after Spin 6 had gone to the printer. He also made a bunch of claims that never showed up, like a Mastermind-like card in H&P.

Stop feeding this fucking clown.
>>
>>34057541
>Mastermind was on the list for H&P but ended up getting cut for Susanoo-No-Mikoto.

The same Susanoo-No-Mikoto that there was a small image spoiler of the moment H&P was announced, a long time before you made any claim about Mastermind?
>>
>>34057885
To be honest I don't know how useful would that ice be. It's very tricky to pull off correctly.
It looks like end game ice that must be placed early to stack a bunch of ice in front of it, let's say from 2 to 4, since only 1 would just be an expensive Fenris.
Since it looks like end game ice the runner probably have the killer out, let's assume mimic or femme. It's not very taxing.

Now, let's change it a bit by looking at how the cards are going out now, it would be probably something like "Mastermind gains "->Do 1 brain damage" and +1 strength for each rezzed piece of ice installed outside mastermind and a single "->ETR" after all its subroutines". That would probably make it more expensive, but it would be worth it.
>>
>>34057885
Evil. I love it.
And you just know it's more useful as a distraction for the runner to try and work around than for its effect.

Whirlpool + Cell Portal + something else (Chum, for lulz?)
>>
>>34057984
If we do get around to printing those insanely powerful ICE again we will also be printing cards that interact with the Illicit keyword to balance them.

>>34058030
1: No idea, we don't even do our own digital stuff in house.
2: That is one of the ideas we have been kicking around as a Cycle theme.

>>34058099
I only know what we submit as the "final" list. From there Mr. Stone and Lukas pick what goes into the packs from there. I am not involved in that part so I only know what we submit. Most the time that is the final list that gets printed but some times shit gets moved around or replaced.

>>34058119
I did not know Susanoo-No-Mikoto was the replacement for Mastermind till after I asked Lukas about it.

>>34058125
That is one of the reasons we put it in Jinteki. They have ways to move ICE around making it much more useful.
>>
>>34057751
>Letting NBN get ahead in money
Why would you do this?

That said, I do think there needs to be more rig destruction in this game. Tried for a few months now to make one with binary ICE and it gets walked over HARD.
>>
>>34058099
>Fuck, how can you people remain so stupid time after time?

Maybe we don't care as long as we get a healthy speculative conversation going on. We know the info might be fake - probably is - but who cares as long as we get a cool thread out of it ?

>It looks like end game ice that must be placed early to stack a bunch of ice in front of it

Sunset or Tenma line. Personally still waiting on positional ICE builds to make their come back, was one of my favorite thing in original game.

I miss New Blood.
>>
>>34058191

So any response to this?

>>34055846
>>
>>34058260
I have no idea on that. Not my department at all.
I got my job from hanging out at the FFG Event Center talking to Lukas about the game.
After awhile he told me to apply for a job and he short listed me.
>>
>>34058254
I miss good positional Ice play too. The game's moving in that direction though, although BGG appear to need to be dragged kicking and screaming into it.

Played a draft yesterday and had a blast. It was great to go back to the game actually being *about Ice*, and not about a credit race.
>>
We totally have a digital department at FFG. Who do you think does Elder Sign Omens? This guy is full of falsehood and lies. Probably a past play tester who got canned.
>>
>>34058325

Agreed.

I mean Reina is my favorite ID, I just love the econ war aspect of the game, but it's been inflated to unhealthy proportions I sometimes fear. I'd love the game to refocus being about the runs proper, and not everything that's contextual to them.
>>
what's the first pack I should buy past core if I like NBN?
>>
>>34058377
That is an out of house project. We contract out almost all our digital work.

>>34058325
>>34058399
One of the goals of Lunar Cycle is to change the "Who draws their Econ first wins" mode the game has been in for awhile.
>>
at least it is highly unlikely that a ffg employee working on Netrunner would not know about any such plans...even if it was developed externally.
>>
>>34046865
>That said I have before and still do blame BGG for holding the evolution of the meta back.

Do you honestly believe that a small niche of all netrunner players on a single forum are single-handedly holding the metagame back, despite the fact that there is a large world-wide community of netrunner players using OCTGN and exchanging ideas every hour of every day?

Do the head designers believe that the rest of the world hasn't invested more man-hours evaluating the card pool backwards and forwards than they have?

That's Damon-Stone-Level arrogrance right there, it's not the fault of one forum producing some kind of hive-mind preventing people from TRYING the cards you design -- you cannot continue to blame your players for the gameplay that emerges -- players who want to win, will play the best, most consistent combinations of cards and that should be the expectation from a design team.

I think if The Head Designers actually care about making our game better, they need to start by acknowledging that there isn't some secret exploratory romp deck that "no one has discovered yet" - the case is that the community has already tested every permutation of every exploratory romp deck online and across countries - and found that it's just not a great card for winning games.

As a fan of the game, who has been soured by Damon Stones interviews, I will patiently await the day when designers like you stop placing the blame on players like me.

See you at Gencon,
Andrew B. - Louisville regionals winner
>>
>>34058406
Future Proof gives you a new ID, a new 3/2 agenda and Midseason Replacements.
>>
>>34058406
Future Proof
>>
>>34041575
Nope, Dream Wizards. In Maryland, near DC.

It was only a ten person tourney, but we drew interest from potential new players. I'm looking forward to next month.
>>
>>34058399
>>34058325
This sounds like an interesting topic. Would you brainstorm a runner and a corp decklist to pit against each other and get the feel of this? I'm guessing Jinteki vs Anarch, or maybe Criminal

>>34058406
Future proof, True Colors, Second Thoughts, Fear and Loathing
>>
FFG has a digital/media department othat does our learn to play videos and digital applications. The fact that you do not know this proves you are not a real insider, but merely a pretender.
>>
>>34058377

I am inclined to believe you. Especially since this: >>34058304

...just smells of bullshit.
>>
>>34058243
I run a dedicated Psychobeale deck and I have always had at least 30 credits more than the runner by the start of midgame.

Custom Biotics-- Midseasons onto an Ares is really the most efficient way to just totally annihilate someone's rig.
>>
>>34058443
They never tell us anything. The internal culture of FFG is highly secretive and toxic.
Go check out some of the things people have said at Glass Door.
http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Fantasy-Flight-Games-Reviews-E107648.htm

It is not a fun place to work but I love Netrunner and the Netrunner team so it is worth it.

>>34058458
Small local metas evolve all the time but the over all internet and global meta is held back by BGG. Octgn tends to be stale net decks most the time with a few small knit groups testing out new ideas.
Mr. Stone's main thing has been getting people to try new ideas. His words helped push the meta into a more Tax focused one with ETR ICE not seeing as much play. Servers are soft but costly now.
If anything the rage he created on that day forced the players to lash back and improve over all. Meaning he managed to reach his goal with that interview.

>>34058511
I said most. Play videos and such are in house but the big apps AS FAR AS I KNOW are contracted out. That is what I was told by Lukas at least. He told me he pushed for a real Netrunner app hard and they told him it'd cost too much to contract.
>>
YOU ARE ALL SUSPENDED. EVEN YOU, SNOW-JAX.
>>
The Spaces Between Quick Review:

The Foundry - Not currently as good as EtF. Might be interesting with all the Grail cards, or as more Next ice appears.

Enhanced Login Protocol - RP Click Denial decks with Caprice and Ruhr Valley are already pretty good, and this can be like another Ruhr Valley. Not sure if it'll justify the influence spot though, hard to see it being worth a slot elsewhere.

Heinlein Grid - Really hard to evaluate. Turns big Bioroids into ultimate bringers of despair, but probably has to be built around, and a deck built around it would likely be really bad if you can't get it down.

Encrypted Portals - Meh, as 3-1 effects go, this seems pretty marginal. Code Gates seem pretty hard to build around, Chum and Inazuma are nice, but they don't work alone. The probably forthcoming Sentry version will be a lot more interesting.

Cerebral Static - Does nothing against Andromeda (and Prof), mildly annoys most runners, really bothers Noise, Kit and Nasir. Not worth it unless the latter 3 are dominating your meta.

Targeted Marketing - FFG loves yellow. Drop it naming Corroder and watch your opponent squirm.

Information Overload - No break trace is interesting. Potentially very nasty in Midseason Decks, but those aren't known for having lots of spare cash for ice. If "flytrap" style decks come back, this could be a crucial part.

Paywall Implementation - Runners are rarely running without caution against Weyland. SEA Source -> Scorch is a better deterrent.

Sealed Vault - Best Anti AS card yet, annoyingly bad in every non-AS matchup. A Corp Plascrete, but less necessary feeling.

Eden Fragment - Worst 5/3 Ability thus far. Limit 1 per deck most unnecessary line of text ever printed.

Lag Time - Eh, not a really abusable effect like Login Protocol or Marketing. Too easy to get rid off.

Will-o'-the-Wisp - Will make upgrade stacking decks even more annoying. Pretty good elsewhere too.
>>
>>34058526
It smells like it, because it is. If he was a real insider he would have just revealed his identity and would be on the short list to get fired.
>>
>>34058406
Definitely Future Proof, as it opens up one of the most popular NBN wincons: Midseason Replacements -> Psychographics -> Project Beale. The NBN identity in it is just bad icing on a very good cake.
>>
>>34058558
Why are you calling Lukas, "Lukas" and Damon Stone "Mr. Stone"
>>
>>34058579
cont.

D4v1d - One day, a card will pair effectively enough with Darwin and E3 to make them all seem good. This is not that day.

Scrubbed - Ice Carver sees no play. This is probably worse.

Three Steps Ahead - The definition of a win more card. If you're making good use of it, you're winning the game anyway.

Unscheduled Maintenance - Eh, might occasionally scare the corp, but it's too situational.

Cache - Great for Noise, bollocks otherwise.

Net Celebrity - Eh, compared to similar effects, this is too easy to remove, and not efficient enough to make up for it.

LLDS Energy Regulator - How scared of Taurus are you? Me neither.

Ghost Runner - Shaper stealth will be a thing once Refractor hits. This'll help too.
>>
>>34058458
But this... there is no arrogance here at all... Nope!
>>
File: alt art correct size.jpg (500KB, 771x1039px) Image search: [Google]
alt art correct size.jpg
500KB, 771x1039px
>>34058566
DINO CHOMP FAKE FEDS, TASTE GOOD
>>
>>34058582
will I need 2x core for more SanSan?
>>
>>34058558
Haha! Ffg is a great place to work. Glass door was years ago by one disgruntled employee. Most open and drama free place I've ever worked. Love it here.
>>
>>34058615
Only if you want to fast advance. If you want to >>34058582 you can add it for trash-bait.
>>
>>34058580
I am posting from my work computer like I did before. IT knows who I am and what I am doing for sure.
I am making sure nothing I say breaks my NDA.

>>34058594
Mr. Stone wants to be addressed that way.

>>34058627
Much more than one person there. Also FFG is an ok place to work as long as you avoid Christian. He is the biggest man child I have ever meet. Openly mocking interns for the hell of it is not cool.
>>
>>34058582
>TWIY
>bad

It's easily the best FA rush identity available. Cut it to exactly 40 cards and fear the unstoppable Astrotrain.
>>
>>34058681
ALL IT NEEDED WAS TO BE A 4/2! IT'S NBN, THEY HAVE SANSAN CITY GRID IN FACTION GODDAMNIT.
>>
>>34058458
>the case is that the community has already tested every permutation of every exploratory romp deck online and across countries - and found that it's just not a great card for winning games.

It's a bit more complex than just that - the way the Corp decks evolve shapes things too. The builds from each faction interact. I mean, I tend to agree with the general idea of what you're saying, but at the same time, I have that Harmony Medtech that's pretty unusual in its build, it wins decently enough, but I spit on Exploratory Romp, as it flat out cuts some tactical moves in a deck that is all being fluid. Can't leave an undefended trap on the table as a counter-holding for later Trick of Light for one.

What I'm getting at is that while indeed there may hubris on the side of the designers, the way competitive deck-building works often means we generate our own blind spots in our search for efficiency.

That's also how and why sometimes some cards, or strategies get rediscovered.
>>
>>34058693
Do not fear the fast track biotic, young anon. Embrace it, abuse it, and probably start playing Chakana or something.
>>
>>34058659
What was the idea behind link boosting? Do you consider that a failed experiment?
>>
>>34058659
No one has been hired locally in over two years, especially not anyone who hangs out at the GC and especially especially not anyone who works on Net runner, since only one other person works on net runner besides Lukas.
>>
>>34058615
Pretty much this >>34058642 . Drop SanSan somewhere, don't rez it, and watch as the runner pays 5 creds to trash it since he can't risk you having it around.
In the long run, getting a second Core is never a bad idea, but if you're just starting out, I wouldn't put it a the top of my priority list.
>>
>>34058508
>This sounds like an interesting topic. Would you brainstorm a runner and a corp decklist to pit against each other and get the feel of this? I'm guessing Jinteki vs Anarch, or maybe Criminal

Sorry, had missed your post. Get a feel of what ? Positional ICE play ?
>>
>>34058718
Link will be coming back into Runner decks as NBN Tag Storm/Control becomes a popular deck.

Link is the only real counter to it and by not running it in your meta you are giving free deck space to NBN.

>>34058731
Stop talking out your ass and post some proof maybe? You are not even using a Trip so you can just be random people posting with that name. Learn to 4chan.
>>
>>34058761
Do you regret making Data Raven? It sounds like it'll be absurd in tag storm decks.
>>
You are concerned about your NDA and that IT knows what you're doing, but you openly flame about your company's CEO...way to go in order to keep your job I guess ;-)
>>
>>34058761
I don't need proof. I actually work at FFG.
>>
>>34058791
I did not work on Core but over all I think it is a good taxing ICE. There are a good number of ways to deal with it or you just eat the Tag.
>>
>>34058761
>Person who has posted no evidence tells other person making more reasonable claims to post evidence.

kek
>>
>>34058805
IT hates him more than I do. I am safe on that front.

>>34058806
>>34058815
Same posting and such. Really dude, At least Snow-Jax came at me with respect.
I have a history built up on this Tripcode showing my info is real (if some times a little out of date but that is chain of command for you).
If you want to come at me show proof or you will be ignored here on out.
>>
>>34058739
Yeah, it sounds like it could be a good match for premade decks. I know a lot of people that don't like to think their own decks and just netdeck anything that sounds interesting. I think it would be cool to start a bunch of premade decks like that. They don't really need to be competitive, they just need to work against each other.
>>
>>34058627

Think you can give me some tips on how to land an intern position at FF if you are not from the US? Does FF file the papers needed to get a work permit at all or is it too much time/expenses?
>>
>>34058832
Christian has a background in computer database design. The whole two people in IT like him very much actually.

If I wanted to I can go onto the server and look up the final files of any net runner set for the next year. The fact that you can't proves that you are not a real employee. Learn to FFG
>>
>>34058869
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_nrep.asp?eidm=119
>>
>>34058902
Once again no proof. Just give it up.
>>
>>34058833

You know what ? I like the sound of that.Going to be hard to make something that works, given I think the pieces aren't there, but I'm willing to give it a try when I hit home tonight.

Not making promises, so don't hold you breath and expect anything. But I *will* try. Will ask friends too.

>>34058579
>Eden Fragment - Worst 5/3 Ability thus far. Limit 1 per deck most unnecessary line of text ever printed.

Can't say I agree with you on that one. I mean, since we're talking positional ICE and layered forts, that agenda has a place right there.
>>
>>34058832
>Someone calls me out on being a hypocrite.
>I know, it must be a samefag.

More than half of what you've posted has been wrong, and most of what's been right was stuff the community was already guessing anyway. Fuck off, you're fooling noone.
>>
>>34048289
Does the tier 1 deck thing apply now, or after some data packs?
>>
I have an idea: both of the FFG guys post pictures of the company sign with a time stamp
>>
>>34058948
next to their dick, too
>>
>>34058944
All IDs have a T1 deck with the card pool right now.
>>
>>34058984
Except BWBI
>>
>>34058926
Not really. If you layer a server out to 5 ICE (which is usually more than necessary, even for your big server), you're spending 10 credits. Given that you're unlikely to score a 5-3 before you're well set up, you're not saving all that much cash. Priority Requisition is generally considered pretty bad, but it can immediately (effectively) give you a lump of 12-16 cash, or an Archer with no points loss.
>>
>>34058992
Yes. That thing.
>>
>>34058920
>http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_nrep.asp?eidm=119

I've tried that already. I've been rejected on the grounds that I'm not from US and thus do not have a permit to work there.

I need the company to first file some papers on my behalf before I can petition for a permit. I was informed that it is not possible for them and was cut off afterwards without further explanation. So I was wondering if there are still options I can pursue or if I should give up.
>>
File: 1325825023353.jpg (51KB, 700x471px) Image search: [Google]
1325825023353.jpg
51KB, 700x471px
I just picked up all of the data packs, all of the expansions.

I would like to store them with a binder, three deep per slot. They all have HyperMAT sleeves on them.

Recommendations for binder / card sheets?
>>
>>34058984
>There are 16 tier 1 corp decks, and 14 tier 1 runner decks.

That's not how tiers work.
>>
>>34059018
Take them out of the sleeves before putting them in the binder, you dipshit.
>>
>>34058984
Those can't possibly be under a NDA, so do feel free to share them. Unless you don't have access to them, because it totally makes sense that one of a small group of netrunner designers to not have access to netrunner information.
>>
>>34058993
What I've noticed about 5/3s is that people rarely play them for the ability, they play them because they're worth 3 points.
I would probably run Eden Fragment in a taxing build that had 5/3s, because late game I can place more ice without having to limit my ability to rez that ice.
>>
>>34059055
Having "access" to decklists, wut?
There's been some dumb shitposting here, but that kinda takes the cake.
>>
>>34059072
Red Coats style HB makes great use of Pri Req, honestly.
>>
>>34059072
The only 5/3s I've ever seen played for their ability are Weyland's. and The Future Perfect, if that counts as an ability.

Although Wotan's is 10/10
>>
>>34059097
If there are tier 1 decks for Stronger Together and The Professor, odds are they're written down somewhere. He could share them with us rather than making up more and more ridiculous claims.
>>
>>34058948
>>34058966
Shoe on head or gtfo
>>
File: IMG_20140811_100645_089.jpg (989KB, 1840x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140811_100645_089.jpg
989KB, 1840x3264px
Here is a pack we got last week that isn't out yet. Its raining so I don't want to go outside to take a picture of the sign.
>>
>>34058993

From a turn to turn, tactical point of view: I can install, say, a fourth piece of ICE on a fort in middle/late game without having to pay for it. Meaning I keep Three creds unspent, meaning I keep capacity to rez it and still be credibly threatening with trap activation, AND I don't *need* to spend clicks and/or cards getting money back, those can be used elsewhere.

That's a very interesting proposition to me.

>Priority Requisition

Is nice when you've got big ICE to rez. Here we're mainly talking several small/medium ones. The money you save from not paying install is going to be more than the money you'd get from any free rez.
>>
>>34059018
I wouldn't sleeve them in the folder buddy, but I've done this. My folder is getting pretty huge so come next cycle I may rock two folders, one per side. It does look nice though.

Also if that spoiler is true, Quetzal ma waifu. Do we have any idea on deck sizes?
>>
>>34059124
>2k14
>not having played a Stronger Together dedicated server deck with Chum, Experiential Data, and Corporate Troubleshooter

Pls.
>>
>>34059159
>Implying I haven't played that.
>Implying it wasn't shit.
>>
File: 1391299697736.jpg (13KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1391299697736.jpg
13KB, 259x194px
>>34059044
>Take them out of the sleeves before putting them in the binder, you dipshit.
really? I'm new to this whole thing

mfw I spent hours and hours sleeving every goddamn card
>>
>>34059144
"Insider" getting btfo.
>>
>>34059154
Probably 45/15. I'm excited, because I really enjoy playing Kit, but I want to mess around with anarch toys and this seemed like a good way to play it.

>>34059172
You played it wrong, m8.
>>
>>34059174
Yeah, only sleeve cards that are actually in the decks. Otherwise they take up way too much space. But those Ultrapro 3x3 card pages fit them rather nicely. I forget card dimensions, I'd just bring one with you and go eyeball it for size.
>>
>>34059144
Oh shit, it's getting real.
>>
Well. I hope that shut that fake down. Now back to making wonderful games for you all. Love my job!
>>
>>34059144
whats you're favorite runner faction and favorite cooperation
>>
>>34059248
When's Quetzal coming? ;_;
>>
>>34059248
>Well. I hope that shut that fake down

Why ? Honestly, the "predictions" are toothless - whether true or false, don't matter, foster conversation, and if someone gets a kick out of pretending to be someone else, well, we're on /tg. This is also what we do, isn't it ?
>>
>>34059258
With what is comming out in the next year? Truthfully all of them and all of them. I no longer have a favorite. One of the reasons I love the game.

>>34059278
Not here to give spoilers. I'm actually an employee and its not cool to leak things where you work. Sorry!
>>
>>34059306
>Single person dominates thread.
>Idiots constantly asking questions to him.
>Actual conversation gets ignored in favor of false info and bootlicking.

Nah, threads are significantly better without this asshole.
>>
>>34059278
Third pack contains an Anarch ID, according to: http://fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4732
>>
>>34059365
>http://fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4732
man I'm so hyped for that pack

I *need* to make an Eliza's Toybox deck
>>
>>34059345
>Actual conversation gets ignored in favor of false info and bootlicking.

The thing is that, at least, there *is* conversation. I've seen too many threads die an early death despite the good bits in it (without inflating the value of my own posts, making the effort to make those big posts about Anarch econ only to see the thread die with it unnoticed/unanswered the first and second time kinda cooled down my desire to make the follow up about bad publicity).

That's kinda the nature of the place: in some respect frequency trumps quality for thread survivability and visibility.

And I don't think anyone in his right mind is dupe. It's just a big game of pretend.
>>
>>34059365
Fucking manhunt, though. I'm going to love that shit so much.
>>
I'll be asking this all week, but who GenCon here? What decks are you looking forward to seeing? What IDs do you want getting more rep in the finals?
>>
File: netrunner-i-got-a-rock.jpg (48KB, 200x295px) Image search: [Google]
netrunner-i-got-a-rock.jpg
48KB, 200x295px
>>34059493
I'll be happy when I Got A Rock comes back. Runners need to respect the Tag.
>>
>>34059588
my favorite. I'm glad people still remember that card.

My favorite part is the name, though.
>>
>>34059588
Eh, that would kill Anarch tag me, who have all the tools they need for it :(

Josh B, DLR, etc...

Here's to hoping there's a nice ID for it in the box.
>>
>>34059588
I don't see much tag floating anymore as it is. Resources are really good. If you are floating tags, its because your deck is specifically made for it - and since those decks dont have kati jones or sec testing, they just get roflstomped by any of the decks running parasite resistant, expensive ice.
>>
>>34059642
True that. And Bad Times means they can't rely on Opus either.

Still, I want the Rock back.
>>
>>34059642
>roflstomped

we 2008 nao.
>>
>>34059574

I wish.

>What decks are you looking forward to seeing? What IDs do you want getting more rep in the finals?

What I'd really wish, whatever ID, is for some new unexpected/interesting build to come to the fore.

(On that front, if anyone does some Shadowrun Crossfire demo-play there, I'm interested in some opinion on it)

>>34059588

That card will never not make me grin. It's just the right amount of silly.
>>
Netrunner confessions time?

I have once played a Sweeps Week against Andy and then followed it up with Invasion of Privacy, essentially trashing her entire starting hand
>>
>>34059839
Good plays are confessions now?

(Or at least lulzy plays. I mean sure, at least one server is open to getting run on, but still, Andy might as well be a blank ID after that turn)
>>
>>34059864
I felt so bad, but it was too funny not to.

>either start the game with 5 cards and no credits, or start the game with no hand and 5 credits.
>>
>>34046657
can you share said builds?
>>
>>34058579
>Paywall Implementation

That one has left me scratching my head since it was revealed. I don't really think it's meant to work as a deterrent. More like a small drip econ.

At the same time, it seems to me terribly counter-synergistic with the existing Weyland card pool/play-styles.

I really don't know what to make of it.
>>
>>34059921
I made a deck that doesn't run breakers using it, hold on lemme try to find it..
>>
>>34059960

That should be interesting.

I made a variation on Stephen Wooly's Anatomy of Anarchy using it and thats been pretty effective.
>>
>>34059960

The Blackmail builds ? I'm pretty sure I have my base Whizzard and Andromeda templates saved somewhere at home.

>>34059921
I don't think I have the two Reina ones sadly - I went through too many iterations in too short a time with that ID and I didn't save too many of them, which I'm starting to regret. Might be a good excuse to try building them back.
>>
>>34060051
Yeah, those! Were you the anon I was talking with when we were trying to figure out how to get them to play?
>>
>>34060051
Better on Chaos Theory due to smaller deck size and Levy AR.
>>
>>34060066

Yeah, that's me, trying to see if I can pull them from a 4chan archiver (but site won't load - 504 gateway time out). If not I'll repost them when I get home tonight. If still needed.
>>
>>34060028
>>34060051

Tallie Perrault is your Plascrete. Idea is to just constantly be accessing from HQ. (It is an absolute SHIT match up against Jinteki, but that's how it goes.)

Whizzard Master Gamer
15 influence spent (max 15) •••••••••••••••
45 cards (min 45)

Cards up to Fear and Loathing

Event (18)
3x Blackmail
2x Déjà Vu
3x Frame Job
2x Inside Job ••••• •
1x Kraken
1x Leverage ••
1x Levy AR Lab Access •••
3x Sure Gamble
2x Surge

Hardware (2)
2x Grimoire

Resource (19)
3x Activist Support
2x Aesop's Pawnshop ••••
1x Data Leak Reversal
2x Liberated Account
3x New Angeles City Hall
3x Raymond Flint
3x Same Old Thing
2x Tallie Perrault

Program (6)
3x Imp
3x Nerve Agent
>>
>>34060180
Kati Jones should be in there somewhere, I bollocks'd up part of it somewhere. I think the Liberated Accounts.
>>
>>34060180
>no plascrete
>Activist Support

dude you're asking for it
>>
>>34060236
NACH, nigga. The idea is that they get the bad pub without ever taking the tag.
>>
>>34060093

Didn't try a Shaper build of it. But yeah, CT would be my first go for it.
>>
>>34060236
Although I think the original one used Plascretes and Fall Guy as opposed to Leverage and Grim.
>>
>>34060258
You realise the runner's job is to steal agendas, right?

You have no Fall Guys, you won't have infinite NACH.

Also, go for Armitage over Liberated. Liberated takes your whole turn to give you a profit larger than that of Armitage.
>>
>>34060293

Yeah, see >>34060290

I slapped this list together based on what I remember of the discussion from a previous thread. This wasn't the final list.
>>
>>34059144
A bunch of people already have those. There are full image spoilers floating around already.
Hardly proof.
>>
The Black Queen

Reina Roja Freedom Fighter

15 influence spent (max 15) •••••••••••••••
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Honor and Profit

Event (12)
3x Account Siphon ••••• ••••• ••
2x Blackmail
3x Déjà Vu
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (6)
3x Deep Red
3x Plascrete Carapace

Resource (16)
3x Activist Support
2x Armitage Codebusting
3x Data Leak Reversal
3x Fall Guy •••
3x Joshua B.
3x Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (6)
3x Knight
3x Overmind

Program (5)
2x Medium
3x Parasite
>>
File: TkuneVP.jpg (160KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
TkuneVP.jpg
160KB, 1024x768px
I mean hell this was posted on SA a few days ago.
>>
>>34060383
Not for Spaces Between. Nice try though.
>>
>>34060444

>guys I'm the only real insider believe me
>guys I wasn't lying its just that Damon and Lukas made sudden decisions
>guys where are you going
>guys?
>>
>>34060467
http://imgur.com/a/fQjSw#0

Spaces Between scans have been in the wild for 4 days or so now. Doesn't make him any more legit, but it's the case.
>>
what a bizarre thread lol.
>>
>>34060444
Hmm. Looks like out desks at Ffg. Probably posted by another employee.
>>
>>34060496
What about to link that. Next time when you try to fake proof don't do it with an already released Data Pack.
>>
>>34060051

Chantage - Andromeda Version

Deja Vu (Core #2) x3 ??
Blackmail (Fear and Loathing #89) x3
Infiltration (Core #49) x3
Hostage (Opening Moves #4) x3
Leverage (True Colors #64) x1
Planned Assault (Honor and Profit #36) x2
Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus #43) x1
Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control #35) x1 ???

Prepaid VoicePAD (Second Thoughts #29) x2
HQ Interface (Humanity's Shadow #85) x3

Activist Support (True Colors #62) x3 ??
Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow #91) x1
New Angeles City Hall (Future Proof #109) x3
Raymond Flint (Mala Tempora #49) x2
Same Old Thing (Creation and Control #54) x3
Decoy (Core #32) x2
Fall Guy (Double Time #106) x3
Tri-maf Contact (Honor and Profit #50) x3
Mr. Li (Future Proof #105) x1
Crash Space (Core #30) x2
>>
>>34060496
Your right. I hadn't realized it had been full spoiled. Nice art :-)
>>
>>34060293
Imps, the idea works if you trash those agendas instead of steal them. Problem is Howard.
>>
>>34060537

Uh... How do you plan to access cards? You can only give the corp 1 bad pub with this deck. I guess you can make up to 6 runs with Blackmail, but will that be enough?
>>
File: Making News.jpg (5MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Making News.jpg
5MB, 2448x3264px
What does /tg/ think of painted cards?
>>
>>34060605

Eh, its ok, think I prefer the original. Or the alt art.

As a general rule though they're fine.
>>
>>34060590
Leverage gives 2, but it's still one event.

Deja Vu also allows for recursion but isn't as good in-faction.
>>
>>34060605
They're kinda cool, overall.

I personally really liked how the core and Genesis Corp IDs were just depicted by a logo, and wish they'd managed to keep that going in the rest of the Corp IDs. It's a lot of logos to design though.
>>
>>34060563
You'd think someone working inside FFG might know that the Data Pack has been released.
>>
>>34060621
the alt art is really nice but I'll never get one.
>>
>>34060537
>>34060051

Chantage: Whizzard version

Blackmail (Fear and Loathing #89) x3
Deja Vu (Core #2) x3
Infiltration (Core #49) x3
Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control #35) x1 ???
Quality Time (Humanity's Shadow #87) x3 ?
Sure Gamble (Core #50) x3

HQ Interface (Humanity's Shadow #85) x2 ??
Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead #9) x3
Prepaid VoicePAD (Second Thoughts #29) x2

Bug (Honor and Profit #43) x1 ?

Activist Support (True Colors #62) x3
Data Leak Reversal (Future Proof #103) x2
Hard at Work (Second Thoughts #23) x2
Joshua B. (Cyber Exodus #42) x2
New Angeles City Hall (Future Proof #109) x3
Raymond Flint (Mala Tempora #49) x2
Same Old Thing (Creation and Control #54) x3
Fall Guy (Double Time #106) x3 ?
Woman in the Red Dress (Mala Tempora #48) x1 ????

Those are the two latest builds I have for those... though I'll be honest, I don't know where I was going with that Leverage. But - as with Emergency Shutdown - it's probably an answer to some Corp move I met while playing the game. I just can't remember what it was.
>>
File: IMG_20140811_114210_260.jpg (693KB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140811_114210_260.jpg
693KB, 3264x1840px
This should suffice.
>>
>>34060508
>>34060526

Homer backing up into shrubbery.gif
>>
>>34060590

Blackmail X3
Dejà Vu X3
Same Old ThingX3
Levy AR Access Lab

18 runs. Gotta make them count.
>>
>>34060648
I'd drop WitR, the Bug, and a Fall guy and drop in Inside Jobs. It allows for actually being able to make runs before Activist support is out.

>>34060666
>pm

NIGGA IT'S THE FUTURE.
>>
>>34060666
I'm just imaging Lukas peering over the side 'What the shit?'
>>
>>34060666
Interesting.

Why haven't you posted before?
>>
>>34060691

The issue with Inside Job is they allow the corp to rez ICE. And once an ETR is rezzed, that fort is basically dead to you.
>>
>>34060666
Ok fine I surrender. Was a fun ride guys.
I can't counter that so Good Game.

Ya I am fake, just been trying to make the topics more interesting during the slow time.
I had a good run at least.
>>
>>34060745
>topics more interesting
you've done that alright. thanks.
>>
>>34060699
>implying real ffg isn't lukas
>>
>>34060766
My "Leaks" as a World of Darkness LCG Playtester last year was better.
Writing all those playtest reports to post here was fun as shit.

I was so disappointed there was a real project that never got off the ground.
Half the reason I did that one was to show the interest level in a WoD LCG based off V:TES.

>>34060771
I will have to ask Lukas if it was him next time I go into the FFG Event Center. Never tagged him as a Fa/tg/uy.
>>
>>34060817
It made my work day more interesting ;-)
>>
File: no fun allowed.jpg (111KB, 593x647px) Image search: [Google]
no fun allowed.jpg
111KB, 593x647px
>>34060745
Fake or not, I salute you good sir. This has been the most entertaining thread in a long time and anybody hating on you falls into pic related.
>>
>>34060741
Oh yeah, didn't think about that.

Although Quetzal's ability should make this deck more interesting. I can't wait for her.
>>
>>34060853
Was snow-jax telling the truth about the next big box?

That's the one thing I want to know - who will Anarchs be fighting, Media or Money?
>>
>>34060918
I suspect we'll find out at Gencon or thereabouts.

Honestly, I'd almost rather not know. It's bad enough having half of Lunar spoiled, doubly so since Upstalk *still hasn't made it to the ass-end of the world where I am*
>>
>>34060918
Anarch is best-suited to be up against yellow, but NBN isn't in a position where they need a huge buff in the form of a big box. It's gonna be Weyland.
>>
>>34060936

Weyland is one of my favorite matchups as Anarch. Not because its easy, its not, but it makes me run intelligently and pick their combo cards with IMP/Demo whenever possible. It's fun as balls.
>>
>>34060877

Not convinced about Quetzalcoatl at all for it, but we'll see.
If anything, what this deck needs is some Imps and maybe a Frame Job.

If I was to rebuild it right now that's probably where I would take it.

Was fun to play and build as a proof of concept. I don't think it's tournament worthy (at least not yet ?), but I *did* win games with it. More than half of the twenty something I played with variations of it. Though the stats are probably inflated by the how unexpected it was at first by those I played against.
>>
>>34060936
I don't know, Weyland seems more "evil", and thus anarch inspiring. Plus the whole Renia thing.

Really, it could go either way, but I'd prefer Weyland. And they do need a bit of a boost
>>
>>34061002
I've been playing Shaper ever since C&C came out, and I'm too terrified of tags to play any other faction now. ;_;

>>34061032
See the one I slapped together here: >>34060180
>>
>>34061054
Man, I fell in love with Anarchs the first time I got medium dig'd to death. I love the flavor, the aggression, and the force the corp to play your way style.
>>
>>34061103
Maybe my problem is I really love tagstorm NBN so I know a way to abuse tags for pretty much anything. Psychographics is my Jesus.

And I love Kit's early-game aggression without ever having to face-check.
>>
>>34061160

Kit is my favorite shaper too. But I love facechecking.
>>
>>34060180
>>34061054

I do think Hard at Work would work better than Liberated Account in that set up. Hell, it's one of the few set up that makes installing several a viable proposition. I know I did at times.
But we've had that talk already, haven't we ?

Only two Déjà Vu ? Only one Core is that it ?

How often was that Kraken useful ? I mean what with the Corp choosing and all ?

Tallie Perrault as Plascrete ? I'm not convinced, Tallie is nice in self-destruct builds (becoming a damn if you do, damn if you don't for the corp), issues are: first the smaller one she only gives a bad pub *after* the event resolves and she's not a counter ability, so in that set up she's really mostly interstitial between two Operations. And if the corp is not stupid, it's going to go for the kill, and it will always have the money, cards and clicks available once it is on to your game. Then, you need the corp to have enough bad publicity to make it worthwhile. Then the killer: if the corp already has a tag on you, it will trash Tallie before playing its two/three Scorched Earth.

Tallie can be nice against Punitive Counterstrike in that context I guess. Or as a back up against Snare too I guess.

How well did Tallie actually work for you ? Really interested.
>>
>>34061433
Cut down to two Deja Vu just because of card space, and I never seemed to need more than one.

Kraken can be greatly useful with one-level ice. What I do want is Fall Guy and infiltration, which I might drop the Inside Jobs for.

Tallie for plascrete is: You're going to soak the first scorched. use Tallie's ability, access cards, and hopefully imp away the second one before they get a chance to play it. Then trash her and draw up. Worked moderately well.
>>
>>34061553

....I love it.
>>
>>34060745
No you didn't. You're not nearly as good a liar as you think you are. You might want to think about who you're fooling before you pat yourself on the back too hard.
>>
>>34061553

Imp Roulette. Didn't think of that one.

Lovely. Just lovely.

>>34061608

Depends what was meant by a "good" run. If what was meant as "that run was enjoyable to do", then it was for him/her.
>>
>>34061574
Tallie also works against the Power Shutdown/Jackson Howard thing.
Only problem is you have to shoot for the Accelerated Diagnostics and then draw up, because there's no window once AD starts firing stuff from R&D.

That's what makes Raymond Flint so integral to the deck.
>>
>>34060817

Even though I've known you were full of shit for months, kudos to you for making this probably the most entertaining /anrg/ in months.
>>
>>34061640
>>34061553

... but then, if I'm playing the corp, I'm probably going to clear Virus every time you put counters on them - that's one of the issue with the Blackmail builds: it makes clicks cheap for the corp.
>>
>>34060936
>HB isn't in a position where they need a huge buff in the form of a big box.
>Criminal isn't in a position where they need a huge buff in the form of a big box.

How many times are we gonna go through this?
>>
>>34061676
Only problem is they can Jackson Howard, Draw, then AD for two and that'll still probably kill you unless you had a full hand.

>>34061705
Yeah, that's the biggest flaw with them that I can't figure out a work around for, which is why I'm waiting for a trashable resource that will prevent a certain number of virus counters from being purged.
>>
>>34060857
>these threads are so boring, we need lies to make them worthwhile
>>
>>34059011

So... nothing? I had a chat with Cara back then but the rejection on the grounds of a work permit was all I got.
>>
>>34061707
Snow-jax said it would be anarch-weyland in Chinese higher up.
>>
>>34061737

Or, y'know, Incubator.
>>
>>34062334
Incubator'll be good, but I don't know how much it'll help.
>>
File: cyberdex.png (90KB, 430x600px) Image search: [Google]
cyberdex.png
90KB, 430x600px
>>34062334
Dies to pic related. Which is becoming better, though it's still very meta dependant
Thread posts: 412
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.