[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dwarf civ day 2 lets do this!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 292
Thread images: 14

File: 1403116070787.jpg (4MB, 2046x4091px) Image search: [Google]
1403116070787.jpg
4MB, 2046x4091px
When last we left off we had decided to allow the sales of arms to the both the centaurs and humans in the north. We also had recently acquired gunpowder weapons from the gnomes and were deciding our strategy to deal with them.

A. Go on the offensive and force them to the peace table
B. Go on the defensive and try to wear them down through attrition
C. Total war
D. Other (explain)

also first thread
http://4archive.org/tg/thread/32998854
>>
Total war. Wipe them out.
>>
>>33024838
Awesome, glad to see you're starting it up again.

>>33024871
I say this, lets invade quickly before we give them any more chances to increase their techs or build a bigger fleet.
>>
C. Total war
>>
>>33025540
>>33024838
>>33024871
Do we even know how strong their military is? I'mm all for wiping those fuckers out but will it be profitable for us or leave us vulnerable?
>>
>>33025620
You got a point, we probably shouldn't rush in with everything. I don't think we should wait for them to attack though, who knows what kind of weaponry they have to attack our walls.

Lets send our fleets out and try to capture more ships and some of their officers, if we can weaken them, it wouldn't be much to send our forces to conquer.
>>
>>33025620
>>33025615
>>33025540
>>33024871
You mobilize the whole military and all of our civilians into a militia force. You send men down the coast both by land and by sea to scout out enemy defenses.

Our gunpowder weapons are still in production and we dont have enough yet for both the military branches. Who should get the first weapon shipments

A. Army
B. Navy
C. Recon corps
>>
>>33025727
Navy
I guess on land we cAn just overrun them
>>
>>33025727
Well, if I remember correctly, our ships had all been fitted with cannons, so I feel like our land forces should get the gunpowder weapons.
>>
>>33025832
Ah right they did, yeah army then
>>
>>33025927
>>33025832
Mass production of muskets begins and the shipments begin going to the army, allowing them to start training and shooting these new weapons. Unfortunately the navy, aside from cannons and a few looted pieces is significantly lacking in small arms and will be for some time
>>
>>33025955
Our forward scouts find 3 enemy targets. Which should we attack

A. A small coastal time with a naval base
B. A large town on a small island off the coast
C. A small inland river town with light fortifications
>>
>>33025955
Well honestly cannons should be enough.
By the way do we actually have any intelligence about the size/organization of the gnome military?
>>
>>33025984
A.

If we take the naval base it'll be easier to fortify, and as its on the coast we can attack with both forces.

Has anything been heard from the Elves? I remember we had called on them.
>>
>>33026086
The elves have informed us that they will take a few months to prepare their forces and aid us.
>>33025997
Our only intelligence was a map that showed the northern region of the gnomes territory, a cargo manifest listing the crew of the missing ship as slaves, a letter of marque and orders for the 4th squadron to move into our territory and seize our shipping.
>>
>>33026086
This.
>>
>>33026162
okay. lets continue on then and attack the coastal base. I think we should really focus on trying to capture any captains/leaders this time, we could really use the bargaining advantage should shit hit the fan.

Lets have the recon scout out the area, I want to know if there are gnome patrols set up, and a harbor. I'd also like to get the men to begin construction of siege craft if we don't already have balista's and a few catapults ready.
>>
>>33026162
Focus on naval discipline and skill, decreasing our need to take a bunch of shots while boarding would be great, maybe a forward ramp? Definitely navy skill and disipline.
>>
>>33025984
I agree with everyone else A
>>
>>33026303
>>33026166
>>33026086
Doren is placed in charge of a recon team whos job is to cross the desert and insert themselves behind enemy lines to perform a recon operation on the enemies defenses. He leads a dozen of our best men on special light steppe horses across over 50 miles of desert to the enemy town. A few weeks later the team returns with reports that it is a small coastal town with an attached naval base. Aside from the naval base the town is relatively unprotected with a small seaside wall and guards patrolling around the naval base proper. The inland facing side has virtually no defences and a large river runs through the city to the other inland settlement our scouts found. Doren also spotted what looked like 2 ship naval patrols and there were 3-5 ships in the harbor at any one time, with some of the ships appearing to be merchantships and not warships.

Whats our game plan?
>>
>>33026435
Have a small special force group sneak into the city disguised as traders and have them burn any docked naval ships to the ground, well water. When we see the fire attack the settlement from land with our army to distract them pulling forces from the naval yard. Then move in with our boats to finish them off.
>>
>>33026491
This. But who should we have sneak in? Dwarves and/or Orcs would be a little suspicious, wouldn't it? Should we pay off the Humans and see if they'll lend us spies for some equipment?
>>
>>33026541
I'm sure we could buy some humans loyalty, and have them sneak us in. But we should be sure to see if they check the caravans as they enter the city.
>>
>>33026491
>>33026435
Way too complicated and unnessecary, I say we divide our land forces into 2 units one attacking the town from the inland and one getting up the river to attack the village while our fleet blocks their harbour and naval base sinking/capturing every ship that attcks or tries to escape.
>>
>>33026587
I Darnof was once a great tactician until I fell to the drink. I assure you my plan is sound and unhindered by the large quantities of alcohol I am currently consuming. I didn't catch your name sir/madam.
>>
>>33026435
Send in a few unarmed dwarfs to check out the town and report back.
>>
>>33026639
I just don't see the point of infiltrating a town with low defenses.
Just not worth the risk when we already can take it easily.
>>
Try to infiltrate and sabotage the warships. Some gunpowder will do the trick
>>
>>33026670
We don't know the strenght of the crews on the various warships.
>>
>>33026670
It is not for me to decide.I say let a vote be the judge. (Hint- we are voting now by saying what we think we should do.)
>>
File: inbwet.jpg (375KB, 793x972px) Image search: [Google]
inbwet.jpg
375KB, 793x972px
>>33026639

>>33026670
we dont really know what we're dealing with this, I dont wanna send our guys marching in just turn out they got enough cannons to wipe us out. lets get them with surprise, as they focus on their docks and ships our men charge and crush them.
>>
>>33026670
A naval bombardment would be all kinds of hell to our men.
>>
>>33026717
>>33026709
>>33026702
Eh we do know? Read ops post. And I did suggest to attack from land and sea at the sama time, and seeing as they only have 2 warships and no fortifications whatsoever on land, sabotage is really just a waste of time and just risking to be discovered wasring the chance of a swift first strike. Also I am getting outvoted so whatever.
>>
>>33026792
If it makes you feel better I will personally accompany our team into the city, I have traveled these lands for quite some time before I met up with you lot. And if you're lucky I'll die and you won't have me to disagree with any longer.
>>
>>33026885
offering to accompany your lads when there's little hope is the dwarfest thing i've heard. Godspeed, Darnof The Drunk.
>>
>>33027007
I'll see you at the docks when our men storm the settlement. If I'm still standing, you owe me a drink. If I'm not, i'm probably dead, feed me to the dogs, I want to be useful even in death.
>>
>>33027061
We are all frozen in time, awaiting our salvation, from the forces that be.
>>
>>33026435
OP you there?
>>
okay what if we just attack the town, will you come back to us OP
>>
>>33027488
>>33027476
>>33027061
>>33027007
>>33026885
>>33026792
>>33026717
>>33026709
>>33026702
>>33026680
>>33026670
>>33026639
>>33026587
>>33026571
>>33026541
>>33026491
Okay so whats its going to be?

A. Naval bombardment combined with a direct land assault
B. Infiltration and then same as A
C. Other(explain)
>>
>>33026435
Damn. I slept through OP being here. In case he comes back, I vote for a quick naval assault. They're only merchant vessels anyway
>>
>>33027774
>A. Naval bombardment combined with a direct land assault
>>
>>33027774
Time for the vote then.

I'm going with B.
>>
>>33027774
By the way OP, it's been a few years and I don't think anyone's said anything about what sort of gods we have, so I'm going to put forth a motion that we build a temple to Dugmaren Brightmantle. Our people's magical shield should be hung above his altar at this temple, only taken down in times of great strife (ie invasions).
>>
>>33027978
This sounds good to me but its up to the players.
Can we have a simple yes/no vote on this motion?
>>
>>33027978
>>33028035

Only if he's the kind of god that would want us to crush our enemies, see them driven before us, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
>>
>>33028062
He's a Forgotten Realms god so you can go look him up. He's more of a foolhardy explorer/tinkerer so I think he's perfect for our people.
>>
A.

Cripple the ships, blockade the town and move the land forces in to mop up what's left.
>>
>>33028094
>>33028035
>>33027978

Dugmaren does sound good for our God, so I say yes, but we'll deal with a temple after we smash some Gnomes.
>>
>>33027774
>>33028158
Smash the town, and build a temple with the rubble. The dead will be the mortar.
>>
File: chapelofbones.jpg (46KB, 531x400px) Image search: [Google]
chapelofbones.jpg
46KB, 531x400px
>>33028199
a bit like this?
>>
>>33028278
Perfect.
>>
File: catholicstho.jpg (351KB, 1055x803px) Image search: [Google]
catholicstho.jpg
351KB, 1055x803px
>>33028278
I think he means something like that yeah, but this seems a little rough. I'd rather we try to integrate them.
>>
>>33027806
>>33028098
>>33028199
>>33027811
The navy is sent in for a night attack, while an elite detachment of the army is sent across the desert to attack the town from behind. They arrive a few days before the navy and map out the coastal defenses exactly giving the naval gunners a good judgement of the distance to improve their accuracy. The night before the assault a boat is rowed to shore to pick up the map from the assault team. The next night the assault begins with booming of the ships cannons. Since the fleet evaded the enemy patrol ships there is only one enemy warship in port which appears to be undergoing repairs. It shows know sign of activity as the ships pound the walls and defensive towers of the town into rubble. While this is happening the assault team makes it way to secure the town square and then splits up, sending another team to secure the ships in the harbor. They are able to board one of the merchant ships before it leaves, capturing its crew. However, the other one attempts to slip out of the harbor but it stopped and boarded by our blockade of the harbor. The only resistance the assault team finds is from a small group of gnomish soldiers, most of who appear to be fat and out of shape. The guards after losing a few of their men quickly surrender. After the assault is finished our men round up the gnomish civilians and prisoners in the middle of town.

What should we do with them?
>>
>>33028402
Equal treatment. They enslave our people? They'll suffer the same.
>>
>>33028402
Figure out who their commander is, lock the others in a secure place being guarded. If their commander no longer lives, I want the meanest lookin Orc and Dwarf to question them on the other near by settlements, their military, their resources, and if there are any expected ships coming through. Torture if necessary, once questions have been answered, send'em to the mines back home.
>>
>>33028499
I second the equal treatment. They've seen why we should be feared. Lets show them why it is far better to be liked
>>
>>33028706
>>33028499
I agree they need to be put in chains, but they could hold valuable information. I'd like to know if we have to worry about Gnome warships rolling through for equipment, and such. We might be able to find out where our brothers were sent off to.
>>
>>33028499
>>33028535
>>33028706

At this point all we really know is that the 2 ship patrol our fleet evaded on the way in should be returning within the week. After the raid we raid what we assume to the commanders office and find a detailed map of the region as well as shipping information. We find that there are several settlements in the region around this naval base. An inland town by a river about 20 miles inland from here that we already knew about, along with the island town we knew about. In addition there shows several more coastal towns and inland towns. There are also military reports detailing troop movements in the region, indicating that they might be fighting on multiple fronts and that this may be a low priority region for them.

We find the towns commander who is extremely fat and out of shape. It appears based on files in his office that not only was he corrupt, but he was listing men on the payroll who did not exist to collect their pay for himself. His actions ultimately greatly weakened the towns defenses. He also claims that he never expected his garrison to have to fight and that they simply were bordering savage heathens to their north.

Our men loot the towns armory, getting many weapons as well as the seaside warehouses, where they find a number of slaves in cages, including our lost crew as well as a number of humans. After we finish the interrogations we enslave the gnomes and put them on a ship to go back home to labor for our people.

Currently we know that the two patrol ships will be returning soon. We also have a large number of freed slaves.

Whats our next move?
>>
>>33028822
Rails gnomish flags on our ships, and seek them out.
Tell them we are a merc group hired to guard here from the northern savages.
Once we get in along side them broad side em with all of the guns then board their ships.
>>
>>33028822
Use this corrupt commander as a hostage to force a parley. Attacking the ships would only reinforce their misconceptions about us. We should try to convince them to cease this fighting and start trade between our two peoples.
>>
>>33028909
Ooooooh, I really like this idea in general, actually. If a few of our ships could travel down this river, we could hide under the guise of their flags, and storm their town by surprise. We should arm our slaves and leave them to fortify this naval base and leave a small fleet to fight off those patrol boats coming in.

>>33028822
Do we have any Geomancers with us, like our leader? Perhaps we could spend a day or two building up the rest of the walls so it'll be easier to defend.

>>33028931
He may have a point though in trying to broker a peace, maybe not yet, but I don't think it would be the most profitable to conquer these lands, this vast desert between these gnomish cities and our capital might cause problems.
>>
>>33028822
>>33029017
>>33028909

Fuck that, I say full out Blitzkreig! They do not know we are here. We take the detailed map, and the flags like they said and just start pillaging the villages.

Strike while our blood is hot. We took this town without them even knowing we are coming. We have two weeks to do as much damage as we can if not more. I say abandon the town entirely and move on.

Also if we catch these patrol ships and destroy them there would probably be another two weeks we have to pillage before they are sought after for being missing. The gnomes do not know our strength so lets use that to our advantage.

Also that lets us do massive amounts of damage and then when we go for the full assault we should have the elves
>>
>>33029334
Damn. We were so LG/NG yesterday. What went wrong?
>>
>>33029369
Nothing I said was evil per say, just brutal and fast.

A war is no won by being Neutral Good.
>>
>>33029369
I know, hell we went out of our way to help fuckin' Orcs of all things. I think retribution was deserved, they enslaved our people and ordered additional attacks on our people. I think additional raiding and pillaging isn't going to do much good, we'll have our massive force to far from home. Lets siege the town, and force them to surrender. Lets make a deal that to pay for the crimes of enslaving our people they will give us engineers to build us better weapons, and to invent new defensive measures. We need to get our force home to defend, for all we know, when we get back demon infested lizard men will be raping our women and stealing our ale.
>>
>>33029334
>>33029017
>>33028909
The first thing we do is send the liberated slaves home for rehabilitation. Then we have geomancers rebuild the walls to their original condition and keep the gnome flags in place on the defenses. We then put lots of cannons on the walls and wait for the enemy patrol ships to return. You watch as they approach unsuspecting as they cross about halfway into the port you have the guns open fire, instantly crippling the two enemy ships. A few of our ships then come out from further down the coast and proceed to capture the enemy ships. After this operation we now have 3 enemy warships captured all damaged and in need of repairs, we also have 2 merchant ships in good condition what should we do with these ships?
>>
>>33029334
This guy knows whats up, fuck those gnomes.
>>33029369
Also lawfull good does not mean lawfull pussy. They are slavers getting what they deserve.
>>
>>33029466
I dont know, these a corrupt and disgusting little ass holes that I dont trust as far as the Orcs can throw them.

They obviously have a strong established empire and given the time and resources they could most likely wipe us out.

The only way to win and survive would be to cripple their northern front.

>>33029514
Send all the damaged ships home. From this port north there should be no trouble. We can use the undamaged merchant ships to tow the others. It will be slow work but we will get there. Expend the least amount of crew as possible. Once you return home you can send riders to us to give us news of the home front in case we need to return.

Is there any way our Geomancers can develop a long distance communication system. Like a stone each party can hold that will heat up when our city is besieged so they know when to return?
>>
>>33029514
I'll compromise with you warmongers. Send one merchant ship back to their capitol with the message that they can either cease their practice of slavery or experience the full fury of our Dwarf/Orc/Elf alliance. If they comply, THEN can we trade and stuff?
>>
>>33029514
anything of value in these captured ships?

>>33029589
I like the idea of the floating hot rocks.

>>33029629
I've been siding with you, but my only concern is if we send an envoy, this might give them the time needed to amass a shit ton of cannons/guns to wipe us out. we still have the full advantage here, we could storm the town and force them to surrender.
>>
>>33029629
I am sorry but if it is a compromise then I must object to telling them the size of our forces. I will cut back on the attacks and hold back on the blitzkreig but I fear for our civilization.

But I categorically can not agree to telling them who our allies are and our strength.
>>
>>33029703
I'm relying on them not wanting a second (third?) full scale war on their hands.
>>33029753
I was thinking of it as more of an intimidation tactic. We could even say we have alliances with the centaurs and the humans because they don't know any better.
>>
>>33029838
Still have to disagree. Saying my army is bigger than yours without showing it will instigate them.

Intimidation would be shock and awe and crushing all their Northern outposts without them knowing.

We could even do so and retreat without them ever knowing what happened like a crazy Roanoke Island thing as long as we make sure no messengers escape
>>
>>33029753
>>33029703
>>33029629
>>33029629
>>33029589
You have the captured ships looted and sent home, with the merchant ships and one of ours towing the three damaged ships. We also send another ship ahead to request reinforcements and more ships to help secure this new port and to build up for more assaults.

Meanwhile the assault team is split up with a small group staying behind with a few geomancers to rebuild and defend our new town. You also send word with one of the returning ships to have our best minds start thinking of a long distance communication method to help us stay in contact and protect our more distant holdings.

The rest of the assault team goes on the two remaining ships to attack the nearby island town, finding it practically undefended with the exception of a small townguard/police force. The assault force takes them easily losing only a handful of men to take a town of 300.

The town has no serious defenses but a good dock infrastructure and was clearly the center of trade for the area. Our men are confident they can hold this town but feel that they cannot do anything else, since they are watching over almost 300 prisoners with less than 40 men.

Whats our next step?
>>
>>33029927
Alright then, I'll adjust my decision. We'll capture all their northern border towns in the name of freeing their slaves, but no senseless slaughter of gnomes because we can. Let's stick to raping their defenses and not their women.
>>
>>33029990
Send the 300 home as slaves.

I say we abandon this port. It is dangerous, as soon as gnomish allies arrive we will have an all out war on us once they discover their trading partners have been ransacked.
>>
>>33030060
Fair, I never wanted to rape them just obliterate them.

A threat to the Dwarven King is taken seriously. He has kept us safe through lizards, demons, and now gnomes. Our might only grows.
>>
File: tumblr_lxstwkRhF81qcigjto2_500.gif (998KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lxstwkRhF81qcigjto2_500.gif
998KB, 500x281px
>>33030084
>>
>>33030063
This, reinforce our defences and launch lots raiding parties to wreak havoc behind their lines while slowly advancing in their wake.
>>
>>33030060
>>33030063
>>33030084

alright guys, we have slaves now to work our mines, i'm glad to see some agreements happening.

>>33029990
this river town you mentioned earlier, do we know anything about it? is it the same that issued the commands to take our men? If so, I think our next move should be to send these inhabitants home as our slaves and attack the river town.
>>
>>33030150
Lets do it. Attack the river town. So far we have taken 2 towns, gained 500+ slaves, 2 merchant ships 3 warships, countless amounts of weaponry and have lost "A handful of men".

even with our disagreements we are having an excellent campaign.

Strike the river town.

To Discuss Later: To many slaves, avoiding an uprising
>>
>>33030150
>>33030219
I thought we were FREEING these slaves. We've gotta have a melting pot capitol for maximum innovation in both technical and magical fields. If we're just taking the gnome's slaves as our own are we really any better than they are?
>>
>>33030219
we'll avoid it by not allowing them to be able to rise up. we spread them out amongst ourselves and allies, sell them off as eunuch slaves to the humans, and elves. who knows, maybe those savage centaurs will buy them and eat'em.
>>
File: 1386844276261.jpg (20KB, 324x307px) Image search: [Google]
1386844276261.jpg
20KB, 324x307px
>>33030219
>excellent campain
>our disagreements
>mfw we gonna git king inna norf'd
>>
>>33030272
Yes. We are winning.
>>
>>33030272
Lets free the slaves, and enslave the gnomes.
We can later sell them back to their own government.
>>
>>33030272
>>33030282
We are freeing <i>our</i> slaves and treating them the same way the treated us.

No we are no different but they drew first blood.

>>33030282
Or we can treat them as prisoners and compromise with >>33030272 after they have served an appropriate time they can join our peoples to have a big happy New York City filled with all types of dirty races and cultures.
>>
>>33030272
well, what do you propose we do with all these extra gnomes? I'm not risking the lives of our men just to let these little bastards run around this island town.

>>33030311
I like this.
>>
File: First-Blood.jpg (1MB, 1920x1082px) Image search: [Google]
First-Blood.jpg
1MB, 1920x1082px
>>33030331
Forgot my first blood photo
>>
>>33030150
>>33030063
The men report that they found more cargo manifests and a number of human slaves working in the town in various roles. We send the gnomes back home in chains while the men free and send the slaves back home for freedom and rehabilitation they then search the town for anything useful, finding crates full of foodstuffs and alcohol in the warehouses. They also find a vault with a large amount of gold bullion. As far as intelligence nothing they find indicates that the gnomes are aware of our offensive yet and indicates that they might be in another war in the southwest. What should we do with the loot also what should we do with the town?

A. Loot it and burn it, retreat back to the first town we took
B. Attempt to hold and defend this new land for our people
>>
>>33030346
This, we cant free the gnomes but we cant enslave them either, I say put them in Kraut style camps with slightly better living conditions, only slightly better that is
>>
>>33030371
>C. Loot it and burn it, push even deeper in, burning as we go.
>>
>>33030383
I like rehabilitation and then assimilation into our people. Once they realize how wonderful we are and how much they can gain from us.

>>33030371
A. To dangerous to stay. Continue the offensive.

Thank you all for a good game. I must leave for dinner I will read up and our fates later I trust this to you all!

Please please please continue this game it is excellent and well written. Goodnight!
>>
>>33030371
A.

lets send the loot home. They're still unaware, guys, lets attack that river town and gain more loot and force them to surrender.

Also, should we attempt to send a small fleet south and see what's going on? The enemy of my enemy is my friend, perhaps we could seal an alliance with who they're fighting.
>>
>>33030444
I'd like to know who they are fighting against first. Ask some of our new slaves.
>>
>>33030481
This.

>>33030371
any chance we could do that, OP? Or are those slaves long gone by now.
>>
>>33030432
Rape and pillage your farmlands, you have lots of land that means you have lots of loot. Rape and pillage.
>>
>>33030371
Definitely loot it, but let's not burn it. I don't want a big fire giving us away. Let's set up a forward base camp in the area and keep pushing into their realm as far as we can without taking heavy casualties. This has been an easy war so far, it'd be a shame to stop on moral grounds when the deeper we go we only find cooler stuff.
On the other hand, if we keep up this trend of pillage I'll have to recommend a different god.
>>
>>33030508
Yeah, no fire.

Certainly the god could understand some retribution, plus we're using some nicely engineered weapons to do it!

>>33030371
I'd like to also say this is a great campaign, thanks OP.
>>
>>33024838
>shouldn't be player races:
Giants
Machines
Harpies
Undead
Insects
Aquatics
Myceanea
Cyclops
Demons
Construct
Unseen
Slime
Centaur
Vampire
Crystalids
Celestial
Elementals
Homunculus
Dryad
>>
>>33030383
>>33030432
>>33030435
>>33030444
>>33030481
>>33030502
>>33030504
>>33030508
You have the men loot the town and load everything we can onto the ships. We then pull out of the city and ask question both the gnome prisoners as well as the recently liberated human slaves about the war to the southwest. It seems that there is a large human kingdom that is in a large losing war with gnomes. One of the slaves explains how it has been going on for 50 years now, with massive battles of attrition. The former slaves explains how they have lost town after town and castle after castle. This particular man was captured a decade ago in battle but many of the human slaves were raised in captivity and have never know life outside slave labor. Finally the assault force moves back to the first town we took and constructs some small river boats. They use the river boats for a night attack, entering the city through the river in the middle of it in the middle of the night and taking the town by surprise. Unfortunately the guards were much more competent in this town and killed half the assault team before we were able to secure all the enemy defenses. They once again find themselves trying to guard a large number of gnomish prisoners. This town appeared to be light on slaves and pretty isolated relying on a river trade of lumber and wheat with the coastal town further downriver.

Aside from some lumber piled up and granaries full of wheat there is not much to loot.

Whats our next step?
>>
>>33030722
I pretty much agree. I dont really like any of the expansion races
>>
>>33030730
Have half of the gnomes dig their own graves and bury them alive, send the other half back to the north as slaves.
>>
>>33030730
Is it the same human kingdom the centaurs are at war with? Also next step is raiding all there coastal towns.
>>
>>33030792
no they are totally different groups and geographically separated by hundreds of miles
>>
>>33030730
Let's make contact with the humans and go full WWII on the gnome's asses. Once we close the vice completely we can erect the mythril curtain.
>>
>>33030820
Lets get a map up in this joint
>>
>>33030730
about how many able fighting men do we have left?
>>
>>33030821
This
>>
>>33030850
Elves across the sea to the east, Orcs in the mountains to the west, Centaurs / Humans to the north, Gnomes / Other Humans to the south?
>>
>>33030821
This is what I'm thinking too. But lets first find out what our force looks like, we actually took some casualties this time. I don't wanna risk too many more men trying to sail through enemy territory. These gnomes must have a force we don't know too much about yet.

We might need to just stay put in this first town we took, loot the lumber and wheat that way we can use it to build defenses and have an extra stockpile of food, and wait for our Elven comrades to arrive to back us up.
>>
>>33030895
>>33030870
>>33030850
I will make a map before i host tomorrow. Also we have 25 men holding the most recent town we took and another 30 holding the first area we took. We are currently awaiting arrival of our main army along with the elven forces.
>>
>>33030895
That is not a map. It is at best directions.
>>
>>33030982
Thanks mate.
>>
>>33030982
OP, thanks that'd be awesome. Okay, fuck holding this town, lets loot it and head back to our coastal naval base and wait for our men. as far as the gnomes go, I say we slaughter them, I was against it at first, but if these guys are destroying another empire, I don't wanna try to bring them all back with us, or worry about them alerting their Gnomie lords.
>>
>>33030730
I think we should fortify the land we've taken, and wait for the main army to arrive, restrengthen the assault force and continue to attack until the gnomes notice we're attacking.
We should make sure we don't kill the gnome's we capture, or work them to death, they can be used as a bargaining cheap for peace.
>>
>>33031062
Yeah lets only send as many home as our kingdom can handle.
>>
>>33031095
I really don't want to have our forces split up. I'd rather have 50 men on reinforced walls than to have 25 hear and another 30 over there. This place has lumber and wheat, perfect for us to take back, reinforced the walls and doors and have extra food till our allies arrive.
>>
File: mspain.png (21KB, 887x715px) Image search: [Google]
mspain.png
21KB, 887x715px
>>33030999
I threw together a simple map in MSPain, lemme know if I got something wrong
>>
>>33031222
thank you, anon
>>
>>33031104
>>33031062
Speaking of dealing with gnomes and our number of slaves ill give you guys a stat sheet

Population
900 dwarves
600 orcs
75 liberated human slaves
500 gnome prisoners/slaves not counting the 100 we just took
These people are sread amongst our territories we most in our main port town while we have another small settlement underground in the old outpost, the rest are spread amongst small settlements all over our territory.

Military
10 warships all caravels
200 sailors and marines
300 soldiers
100 elite troops
50 rangers from the recon corps
50 mages of various types
The rest of the population has basic militia training and is equipped with older weapon stocks.

Economy
20 merchantships, plying the routes between our settlements as well as the elven lands
Economy is currently strong and growing with large agriculture, logging and mining sectors and a growing industrial sector.
We also have overland trade with both the centaurs and steppe humans

This should help you guys make decisions with the slave issue as well as judge our strength. Its worth noting that the elven expeditionary force is expected to be around 500 strong accompanied by 10 of their warships
>>
>>33030722
>should be player races
Ogres
Kitsune
Barbarians
Erudites
Catfolk
Dark Elves
>>
>>33031222
This is accurate enough for what we need. If the thread keeps going and gaining popularity we can always update and improve the map later
>>
>>33031565
That's an asston of gnomes. How deep into their territory are we?
>>
>>33031565
awesome, much appreciated OP.

Okay guys, 600 slaves in our territories is too much. I hate to say it, but I think we need to execute them. we can't risk them over-running us. that or we try to recruit them into our own force which I think is a horrible idea.

We need to wait for elves and the rest of the force. Lets finish off these gnomes, get the lumber and wheat and head back to our naval base, the first place we took.

>>33031680
I think we're at the northern tip of it.
>>
>>33031726
I meant to say, the extra hundred is too much, lets execute them and head back with the lumber and wheat.
>>
>>33031726
If we're only in the northern tip, then yeah, we need to put them down. They're too smart for us to risk an insurgency.
>>
>>33031726
600 is fine. We just keep it at this number and kill the rest of them. Lets hangout at their captured naval base until our main force arrivrmes.
>>
>>33031726
I agree, that we can't handle these many gnomes, but I also think it's a terrible idea to slaughter and enslave them.
>>
>>33031570
Barbarians are really more of a class than a race.
>>
File: meat.gif (657KB, 300x124px) Image search: [Google]
meat.gif
657KB, 300x124px
>>33031799
>>33031800
Look, I understand and I don't want to murder them either, but if we send those hundred home, the gnome population will be 2/3 our own, granted they might be spread out, but these are evil little things. I vote feed'em to the Orcs and get back to our base.
>>
>>33031810
As in Nords, etc. Taller, stronger, dumber, cold-adapted.
>>
>>33031905
Perfect Gif
Yeah, I think the sea base is the most valuable
>>
>>33031905
I'm officially changing my recommendation of our choice of god to Deep Dueraa.
>>33031924
So... Humans? Half-Orcs? Beast races?
>>
>>33031969
>So... Humans? Half-Orcs? Beast races?
Human sub-race. Just taller, stronger, dumber, and cold-adapted.

Erudites are another humanoid sub-race, just taller, thinner, weaker, must smarter, and magic-adept. Think like fantasy Vulcans.
>>
>>33032006
*much smarter, rather.
>>
>>33031726
No, I think we can handle this many gnomes.
>>33031565
We should pump the agricultural sector with slaves so the over all dwaf numbers increase.
>>
File: Duerra_symbol.jpg (14KB, 200x270px) Image search: [Google]
Duerra_symbol.jpg
14KB, 200x270px
>>33031905
I'll tell you what, I'll make a compromise.

If we MUST keep them, then we keep them in heavy chains at the naval base, and if the gnome forces arrive we use them as cannon fodder.

Otherwise, the Orcs dine well tonight.

>>33031969
I'm fine with it, the symbol has a Cthulhu-ish look to it, kinda fits our sea-faring dwarves. Axe Princess of Conquest? Fuck yeah.

>>33032085
Maybe split it up, half in agriculture, half in engineering. Hell, maybe get them to invent us a cool ass hydroponic (i don't think I spelled that right) system or something.
>>
>>33032128
>>33032085
>>33032033
>>33032006
>>33031969
>>33031937
>>33031924
>>33031905
>>33031810
>>33031800
>>33031799
>>33031772
>>33031761
>>33031726
>>33031680
So it seems there is a debate in the council about the gnomes what should be done with the prisoners?

A. Execute them
B. Enslave them and put them to work
C. Release them
D. Other
>>
>>33032393
This is my stance:

the 500 in the Dwarven territories, are to be enslaved and put to work in both engineering and agriculture.

I'd like to kill off the hundred in the river town, but if the story won't progress because of it, then I say we keep them shackled to the walls at the naval base so we can get there, defend it, and wait for our allies.
>>
>>33032458
I agree, the best thing to do is to make sure word of our advance doesn't get out.
So restrain them somehow, if now, kill them
>>
>>33032393

600 is fine. We just keep it at this number and kill the rest of them. Lets hangout at their captured naval base until our main force arives.
>>
>>33032619
can you agree to just keep these last hundred chained up in the naval base? If the gnome forces attack we can either broker with them, or use them as flesh shields.
>>
>>33032393
Guys guys how about we sell them to the steppe humans just saying
capture
sell
profit
>>
>>33032678
Eh fine with me
>>
>>33032393
B
maxium crops
>>
Use profit to buy more guns
>>
>>33032686
I'm down with selling them to the steppe humans, just please no eating them.
>>
>>33032686
i'm fine with this, but I think right now we need to focus on moving forward from this river town. lets chain'em up and wait for reinforcement.

>>33032393
>>33032755
>>33032749
>>33032686

alright, i'm fine with selling them if we can transport them to the base, and then straight to the humans. OP would those steppe humans even be interested in these guys?
>>
>>33032686
Me for d sell em
>>
>>33032817
If nothing else sell the women they could always use em for who cares
>>
>>33032817
>>33032792
>>33032755
>>33032686
lets be specific here though guys, we are only talking about the 100 in the town right now, the other 500 we need to keep for both labour and possible peace terms if we need to. Do you guys agree to that?
>>
>>33032817
d, sell them
>>
>>33032868
Any excess of need for labor
>>
>>33032393
OK, OP. I think we've made an agreement to attempt to sell these Gnomes to the steppe humans. In the mean time, lets chain them up and get back to the naval base. once there we will send an offer to the humans and strengthen the defenses of the base with the lumber we've looted.
>>
>>33032905
>>33032893
>>33032868
>>33032862
>>33032817
>>33032755
>>33032792
>>33032686
The council decides that we should put the gnomes to work as slaves and sell any excess to the centaurs and the humans. You tell the merchants of our offer and have them bring it to the human and centaur leaders. Shall we offer to sell slaves to the elves?
>>
>>33032979
I sense a trap. So no.
>>
>>33032979
Not to elves unless they ask
>>
>>33032979
If they ask us to not sell them it is this or them dying also we are keeping them as to avoid detection
>>
>>33032979
They probably wouldn't like that, no
>>
>>33032979
If the elves express any interest in taking gnomish slaves, then we will most assuredly sell. At a discount too since they've been such good allies. Worst case scenario we know a lot of elven magic already and we have better tech than them from the gnomes.
>>
>>33032979
>>33033022
>>33033010
Yeah, lets hold off on that. Or, why not offer them slaves as part of their loot in the fighting? What they capture they can keep.
>>
>>33033081
Dont even offer
>>
>>33033100
alright then, no on the elves then.
>>
>>33031570

Basic outline for some, didnt do dark elves because they are already on there(drow).

Ogres
breeding: specialists
melee: exceptional
ranged: exceptional
magic: struggle
tech: struggle
diplomacy: abysmal

+intuitive fighters(low thinking ability doesnt hurt them when thinking of ways to hurt others)
+slave drivers(know how to keep large numbers of slaves with least difficulty)
-inbred(penalties to all diplomatic relations)

Kitsune
breeding: abysmal
melee: struggle
ranged: average
magic: specialists
technology: average
diplomacy: specialists

+caretaker(can breed with any race to have more of that race)
+nine tails(bonuses to illusion and fire magic with age)
-one tailed birth(have a long adolesent period)

Catfolk
breeding: exceptional
melee: exceptional
ranged: struggle
magic: average
technology: struggle
diplomacy: exceptional

+sneak(stealing, criminal activity and trickery works well for them)
+greater bloodline(small bloodline of more powerfull cats[tigers and lions])
+mythic leader(twin tailed mind mage)
-(lack focus on long term projects)
>>
>>33033100
>>33033081
>>33033073
>>33033073
>>33033071
>>33033022
>>33033010
The council agrees not to sell to the elves unless they ask. We loot the inland town and bring the gnomes with us, putting them in a camp for future delivery to our homeland. Meanwhile the elves and our reinforcements arrive and we need to prepare the next step of our assault. We have a identified a large gnomish city deep in their territory that appears to be a regional capital and major military base as well as the center of trade. We also know of several small island and coastal towns.

Whats our plan of attack

A. Raid small coastal towns
B. Go for the throat and attack the city
>>
>>33033150
Your kitsunes are overpowered. No other race has 2 at rank "specialists." I'd say drop ranged to struggle and diplomacy to exceptional. Maybe even tech to struggle.
>>
>>33033226
>B. Go for the throat and attack the city
If we can take a demon lord's fortress with catapults we can take a gnome city with gunpowder. I want Riga and the holy shield here for this battle if she can make it in time.
>>
>>33033226
A
>>
>>33033227
I was balancing it around the fact that most of the races are at a net +1 or 0 in terms of the factors, though them taking a hit to ranged , if I do that though then hitting tech will put them under powered even with magic and diplomacy at specialist.

Breeding and melee also are the two strongest attributes for the base race as well, with only magic and diplomacy going for them with a small number of true kitsunes that take a long time to grow up is pretty bad.

Still nerf them?
>>
>>33033282
A.

They still don't know we're here plus they'll probably have their main force fighting off the humans anyway.
>>
>>33033296
Take costal towns mean while have the geomancers dig directly aaround their wall and place gun powder there to blow up walls when we start the main assault
>>
>>33033226
B, Strike before they know what hit them
>>
>>33033354
I think you're underrating diplomacy, especially when tied with illusion magic. As for breeding, I think you're underestimating caretaker. It's not about how many kitsunes you have fighting for you, it's how many humans thralls essentially you have under your command. It seems less like a solo race and more about how many of your neighbors you can convince to be your bitch.
>>
>>33033517
I'll hit tech and ranged then, they are shit if you get them in a direct fight, but that's what their Minotaur husbando's are for. (just realized that they can actually breed gnomes, caretaker is pretty baller)

Kitsune
breeding: abysmal
melee: struggle
ranged: struggle
magic: specialists
technology: struggle
diplomacy: specialists

+caretaker(can breed with any race to have more of that race)
+nine tails(bonuses to illusion and fire magic with age)
-one tailed birth(have a long adolesent period)
>>
>>33033226
B
We did enough damage. Now that the elves are here its time for battle and glory!
>>
>>33033226
>A. Raid small coastal towns
Begin plan starve to death
>>
>>33033685

If we set up siege before the coastal towns are down they could turn around and bite us in the ass big time
>>
>>33033750
But what if the main city bites us the ass while we're attacking these? If we attack quickly, they'll never know what happened.
>>
>>33033750
I'll change to A to break the gridlock, but after this next push we should take the city. No point in faffing about now that the elves are here. Plus the longer we wait the more likely they are to object to us enslaving the gnomes. By the way OP, if they say anything, we'll just tell them we're holding on to the gnomes for better surrender terms or something.
>>
>>33033750
Plus more loot and it should be a quicker mop up with the elves also keep the bodies of those who die to fling over walls of big town
>>
>>33033296
>>33033383
>>33033449
>>33033685
The vote is close but the council opts to strike at the smaller coastal towns first. We split up our forces into 4 smaller groups and start to raid their coastal settlements. The elves running two of the groups while we take two of the others with Riga and Dagg leading respectively. We have a ship on picket duty to communicate between our forces. The first few days go extremely well, with each force destroying towns, burning and looting. On the 4th day the picket boat approaches Daggs group on an unscheduled meeting. They inform you that one of the elven groups has failed to check in.

What should we do?
>>
>>33033853
Who was Dagg again?
>>
>>33033853
Send scouts
>>
>>33033897
Orcish captain in our fleet.
>>
>>33033853
I was under the assumption we were dealing with3-5 towns not 20
>>
>>33033853
>>33033901
This. but also lets get the rest of our forces to meet up just in case.
>>
>>33033853
Send scouts, but let's consolidate our other three forces. I don't want us getting picked off one by one like a cheap horror film.
>>
>>33033978
Second
>>
>>33033965
No way man, gnome empire is massive. after enslaving/capturing 600 of them (as many orc civilians as we have in our whole empire) we'd only begun to reach into their borders.
>>
>>33034021
>>
>>33033978
>>33034014
>>33033971
We've gotta check this out but we have to get the rest of our forces together.
>>
>>33033853
OP, how much gunpowder and guns have we managed to loot by now? does a good portion of our troops have them?
>>
>>33033853
I vote converge all forces
>>
>>33034126
most of our men are armed with guns and we have gotten enough loot that our troops will be able to retire and live comfortable lives after the war
>>
Side bar we should encourage orcish breeding to bolster our army with large shock troops
>>
Scout the location first. Don't want to walk into a trap.
>>
>>33034140
I think this is essentially what the rest of us are agreeing on, just also sending scouts to explore.

>>33034150
Awesome. last thread you stated our people's Morale was a little low because of these gnomes, have the current events help improve that?
>>
>>33034177
Also can we get a pop and tech list for our civ
>>
>>33034177
I hope so, we've been destroying them so far in this war and now the market's been flooded with cheap laborers. Imagine how useful gnomes would be in an assembly line factory. Sidenote, have we invented the assembly line yet?
>>
>>33034140
>>33034081
>>33034014
>>33033978
>>33033901
You have the 3 fleets converge together at a small gnomish island and send 2 of our ships to scout the area where the ship was lost. A few days pass and you see one of the scout ships coming back at full speed with clear damage and holes in its sails. You quickly move to assist, the captain reports that he encountered a large enemy fleet of 20 ships with 15 of the class that wed seen along with 5 much larger ships with multiple gun decks. The elven squadron was no where to be found.

Whats next?

>>33034177
Our peoples morale is high from recent victories but they are tired and exhausted from the constant pace of production and losses of war
>>33034221
No id equate our technology with late 1500s or early 1600s, basically the end of medieval times where gunpowder started to become prevalent but swords armor and crossbow were still viable weapons
>>
>>33034253
Multiple gun decks make boats sluggish as hell. With our lighter elven designs, fire magic, and more efficient mythril cannons we should be able to deal damage safely while whipping between their vessels. Using aeromancers to keep our sails full of wind let's take the fight to them.
>>
>>33034253
How many ships do we have ?
>>
>>33034253
Have mages skilled in geomancy sit on the island then have a smaller ship trick them to following toward that island from their have geomancers become artillery shoot huge boulders at the shops and pyromancers burn them
>>
>>33034337
14 we started with 20 but 5 were lost with the elven squadron and one of ours was lost when we sent it to scout the enemy fleet
>>
>>33034361
This
We should lure them near the islands, and have our pyromancers burn their ships
>>
>>33034325
If we do this, what else could we do to give ourselves the advantage? Could pyromancy steam up the waters to hide us in the fog?

So perhaps we send a few ships out to lead them to us, once they get close enough put a fog around us. once their close enough we could then use this plan: >>33034361

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head. this, or we return to mainland and lay siege to the city and force them into a surrender.
>>
>>33034253
2 questions.
Are thee trade winds?
Are the ships very flammable?
If yes both, then fire attack. Get tgem to bunch the shis together then hit the one closest to the wind's direction. The wind will fan the flames while blowing it to the other ships. In the ensuing chaos you can board the flagship for a chance to get some really juicy intel
>>
Or have our mages sit on the deck of boats and have geomancers throw pitch covered rocks while pyromancers light em flaming cannonballs
>>
>>33034414
I agree, we should do the island geomancy thing. I would be stupid not to take advantage of Riga's specialty in geomancy.
>>33034428
Most of the time the ships themselves aren't (metal plating, water everywhere) but sails are super flammable and without sails a gunship is dead in the water.
>>
>>33034428
The wind is currently moving east to west the enemy is coming from the north the island we are on is to the southwest of the enemys approximate location
>>
>>33034253
OP, do we have balistas on our ships?
>>
>>33034428
the ships are also somewhat flame resistant being made from treated wood and wet, but the sails are highly flammable
>>
>>33034470
>>33034464
We got to remember, their navy is far superior to our own. We outfitted our army with gunpowder, not our ships
>>
>>33034470
the elves have ballistae we have cannons ours
>>
>>33034498
we gave our ships cannons but our marines and sailors are still using crossbows and swords
>>
>>33034498
we have cannons though.. What if lure them to the island, fog it up, and take out their sails, this would give us enough time to get out of there.
>>
>>33034498
Sure they have cannons, but if /tg/ has taught me anything it's that elves are the worst and magic is overpowered. With Riga at the helm, we cannot lose.
>>
With the most we could put up a reef of sort their ships would be gutted from below also it would be smart if we could put out powder kegs at preditermend locations to blow up
>>
>>33034558
Oh fuck yeah, I like this. I think we're getting somewhere with this. we trap them, and fog it up and just bombard them with cannons, ballista fire, and boulders, we might be able to do this. I'm jut worried at what cost though.
>>
>>33034558
Then use our force to push them into the reef
>>
Okay, so it seems pretty unanimous that we agree to fight, and to lure them to the island, trap them in the reef, and what else could we do? Do our mages have any other kind of spells we could use to our advantage?
>>
>>33034616
If we do all that plus burning their sails they won't have a chance, especially since we can probably use geomancy to make those reefs. We might even be able to capture these multi-deck ships.
>>
>>33034625on another note why dont we just do this lead them back to the island lose em in the fog after our ships have passed put up rock spikes to gut the ships in pursuit then bombard them with rocks from the island
>>
>>33034704
>>33034678
I think we are agreed then. Lure them, fog it up, either reef or rock spikes to trap them, and then all out onslaught.
>>
>>33034744
Dorf magic fuck yeah.
>>
>>33034744
Nice and fluffy bread for op
>>
File: Atticus.jpg (55KB, 500x392px) Image search: [Google]
Atticus.jpg
55KB, 500x392px
>>33034766
>>
>>33034871
Riga has the most majestic lady-beard I've ever seen
>>
>>33034871
fap fap fap fap
>>
>>33034744
>>33034704
>>33034678
>>33034672
>>33034625
>>33034616
>>33034558
>>33034543
>>33034536
>>33034530
>>33034512
>>33034498
>>33034486
>>33034470
>>33034464
>>33034430
>>33034428
>>33034414
>>33034404
>>33034365
>>33034361
>>33034325
You finally decide to have a few of the ships lure the enemy fleet to the island, where our fleet will wait on the other side. On the northern shoreline we have our geomancers and pyromancers lie in wait led by Riga.

The two ships we sent forward as bait are seen scrambling back to the island. You see the smaller enemy ships right behind them followed a few miles back by the multideck ships. The enemy fleet chases our ships around the island close to shore, taking the bait, as the first of the enemy ships see our fleet, the pyromancers begin burning the sails of their smaller ships. Meanwhile as the enemy large ships get into range Riga leads our geomancers in raising a massive rock outcropping from the island directly in the path of their large ships. 4 of the 5 ships fail to manuver in time to dodge the outcropping and break up upon impact. Meanwhile with most of the enemy fleets mobility disabled our fleet crosses their t and unloads several broadsides on their helpless ships before closing in for the kill. You witness our ships begin to board some of the smaller enemy ships, when the surviving enemy large ship comes in joining one of the boarding battles before we can intercept. Their crew is massive and they easily overpower the small boarding party of our ship, as Riga watches through the spyglass seeing the marines and sailors mercilessly cut down by the enemy. You are shocked to see another enemy squadron of 5 light ships come from the south.

Dagg finishes cutting down a gnome and pulls out his spyglass seeing the new enemy arrivals from the south, he has his crew and the crew of the elven ship finish the boarding battle theyre in quickly to detach and engage the new enemy.
>>
File: bloodied.jpg (170KB, 615x440px) Image search: [Google]
bloodied.jpg
170KB, 615x440px
>>33034948
>>33034907
>>33034901
>>33034704
>>33034678

DO NOT FEAR LADS! VICTORY WILL BE OURS!
>>
>>33035119
Op you die?
>>
>>33034948
This has turned rather sour. Should've angled for a parley when we had the advantage.
>>
>>33034948
Daggs new squadron is joined by another one of our ships which breaks off its fight and starts moving towards the enemy squadron. The enemy approaches in two columns with 3-2 offset. Dagg shifts his approach angle so that our column is to the left of the enemy squadron giving us broadside parity. Unfortunately as the ships draw closer and closer a potshot by one of the enemy forward cannons shatters the mast of daggs ship leaving it dead in the water. Despite this setback you order the two other ships to continue the plan. You watch as they trade fire with the enemy. Our ship scores some good hits on them and comes out relatively unscathed while the elven ship takes a brutal beating, through the spyglass its clear that theyre crew took heavy casualties and they are taking on water, with their ship slowing dramatically and listing to the right. Soon the ships pass each other and make their way to you. You see the two enemy columns move side by side placing you inbetween, you have the men find the cover and brace for action when the enemy starts the broadside. The whole ship shakes as its struck half a dozen times by the enemy. You look over to see one of the gun crews dead, bodies pierced with wooden splinters. You look up to see a blur and then nothing....

You wake up what feels like a few minutes later, even though you have no idea. You are being carried by 2 of your crewmen to your cabin, where a makeshift surgery table has been set up. You look down to see you left leg a bloody bony stump. The men around you seem to be trying to staunch the flow of blood and its not going well. Things go black again....

Riga watches the new battle only to see one of our ships getting pummeled and then boarded, while the mobile one goes back in for another attack run only to be struck by a dozen shots and explode, its magazine apparently hit. The elven ship is now listing badly to one side and you see 2 gnome vessels moving in for the kill.
>>
>>33024871
>>33025540
>>33025615
>>33025727
>Having no intelligence
>TOTAL WAR
quality /tg/ desicionmaking
>>
>>33035199
You see the large enemy ship detach after killing one of our crews in a boarding action and move against our remaining 10 ships accompanied by 5 of its own small ships. Riga tries to launch rocks but the fleet battle seems to drift farther and farther away from shore as our ships try to outmanuever the enemy fleet. You see our ships form a line and engage the enemy fleet which forms a line itself with the multidecker in the middle. The attempt to cross their t fails when they match every course correction we make forcing the columns to approach parallel to each other. Riga watches helplessly from shore as you the ships trade broadsides with our ships coming out in top until the enemy multidecker comes up, unloading a massive broadside into one of our ships, shattering its mast and blowing away half the topdeck. The stricken ship immediately drops out of formation and sits dead in the water, as the other enemy ships close on it for boarding.

You watch from a distance as you see the captain move all the cannons to one side and unleash a devestating broadside into the enemy ship boarding them, hitting its magazine triggering an explosion that engulfs the enemy ship as well as our own and the enemy ship boarding from the other side.
>>
>>33035199
WTF OP did we roll negitive 9000
>>
>>33035400
>Riga dies
>Our shield is lost forever
>next time on /tg/, first 3 pick race
>>
>>33035401
Not hating on op just want to know what went so wron as we had a fairly solid plan
>>
>>33035467
we're just outnumbered and outgunned
>>
>>33035400
You watch as the crippled elven ship sinks, their crew being ignored by the gnomes as they continue to engage our remaining ships. Who ever is in charge pulls the fleet back and makes a run for the island swinging back around near our mages who cover the fleet throwing rocks and fire at the enemy. Unfortunatley the enemy commander has clearly learned from his mistakes and the gnomes do not approach the island. You watch the enemy ships close in on daggs flagship and seem to board it, but its hard to see from this distance. The fleet succesfully falls back to the island where most of the army is safely camped and our mages are waiting.

Whats our next move?
>>
>>33035467
Their ships are just better. They had 5 of those multideckers, imagine how hard our asses would have been fucked without our plan.
>>
>>33035498
Fuck, fuck, fuck. We have to retreat. Well, either they kill Daggs or they capture him and learn of our location. I think we just need to get the fuck out of here. we need to get to our naval base and go from there.
>>
>>33035498
Parley. We'll end the war into a ceasefire if their empire forfeits atleast the island and the naval base.
Offer them the slaves back we caught.
>>
>>33035498
Oh do we have those 100 gnome slaves with us?
Hostage situation time
>>
>>33035591
They are at the naval base still, why would we bring prisoners on campaign with us? Even though they would be useful in this situation....
>>
>>33035591
I don't think they're on us.

>>33035565
I don't think we're in a position to make demands right now. I say we either retreat to the base, or parley and see what we can do to end this war.
>>
>>33035498
Now would be a good time to have a holy symbol of Deep Duerra. We should've built the temple when we had the chance.
Parley, trade the slave gnomes for peace treaty.
>>
>>33035401
Well you guys did declare total war on a massive mercantile empire, burn a dozen towns and take 600 of their people as slaves, did you expect them to be distracted forever? The hammer was bound to come down eventually.
>>
File: Titus.jpg (323KB, 1677x942px) Image search: [Google]
Titus.jpg
323KB, 1677x942px
>>33035498
KILL THE HERETICS
>>
>>33035656
Yeah, we got way too cocky.

>>33035654
Fuck it, might as well at this point.
>>
>>33035613
Eh yes we are. They barely won that battle and we razed about a dozen of their cities. I agree we should end the war but for fucks sake please don't give up everything we've achived in this war. If they don't listen to our demands I say we continue. Remember they are fighting on 2 fronts. We win in attrition.
>>
>>33035613
Fuck op just get this tremendous unreasonable ass rape over with and kill the thread or give us options I mean we went from doig fairly to being stomped on like we were a force of five going against an army of dragons and liches
It doesn't piss me off we are in a tough fight just that we aren't being given any option other than bend over and take it
>>
>>33035560
>>33035565
>>33035591
>>33035608
>>33035613
>>33035654
You consult your officers and nobody thinks that we can realistically break out and escape, they recommend a parley. As you are discussing you see smoke in the distance and pull out your spyglass to see smoke from gunfire over the ship and see a massive peglegged orc in captains garb charge across the deck with a pistol in one hand and sword in the other. You see him kill 2 gnomes before you shift the spyglass over and to see the multidecker moving to board daggs ship. You see dagg clearly ordering his men to do something pointing to below decks. As the multidecker plants it boarding ramp and begins spewing troops onto the ship you see dagg give a signal and a dwarf lights a torch and runs below deck...

4 seconds later daggs ship explodes taking the multidecker and another enemy ship with it.

Your officers see this and immediately reconsider attacking now that the odds are 7 to their 4.

What should we do?
>>
>>33035716
Goran Iron Hammer stop shaming your clans and ancestors name with this cowardly behaviour.
Did one battle gone wrong rob you of your courage?
Pathetic I say!
We have not lost yet! They took as heavy a loss as we did but in the end who will prevail?
The stoneborn always do.
>>
>>33035778
LONG LIVE DAGG!!
our ships sally forth!
>>
>>33035778
All mages board the ships and FUCK THOSE GNOMES UP WITH FIRE AND BRIMSTONE.
After that>>33035565
>>
>>33035778
Okay, lets get the mages on the ship and have an all out sea battle. Goddamnit, I liked Daggs, I was already dreaming of rescuing him and putting a cannon on that bad ass' stump. That fucker took his life for us, lets go out the dwarven way.
>>
>>33035788
I didn't say hey guys abandon hope Isaid op give us options in fight cause not giving us options is getting our army killed so shame on you
>>
>>33035830
Ehm we have an infinite amount of options you know? Civ threads are pretty much free flow rpg central.
>>
>>33035845
Yeah, I agree with him, and to be honest I think we had a good battle plan. I think our main problem was underestimating them, and not doing enough scouting. Now we know, we gotta think a little more, OP isn't just gonna give us everything we want.
>>
>>33035830
OP didn't give us options because that was one action, we couldn't change our plan half way through the fight
>>
>>33035778
Magic is might! Fight on brothers!
>>
>>33035830
>>33035874
>>33035872
If it makes you guys feel better I thought that fleet would crush you, but your quality plan dramatically improved your chances. I would never of thought of raising the ocean to sink the enemy ships so good on you
>>
>>33035874
Good writing takes time. OP breaks up posts to let us know he's not dead.
>>
>>33035778
If we make it through this OP, I demand a statue to be made and put in the center of our city. I want our master craftsmen to glorify Daggs last moments, peg leg, and eating gnomes like drumsticks
>>
>>33035845
You didn't read that entire long post above where we were getting killed did you...
any way my votes that we use the mages to cover our tails as we sail around the island to use it as cover then launch a counter offensive from their and thats the longest single action in a civ I have ever seen
>>
>>33035884
>>33035814
>>33035813
Seeing the explosion the captains all start running for their ships and great yell comes up from our army and crews. Riga boards the nearest ship with some of the mages and they head out to meet the enemy. Seeing our renewed fury, the enemy fleet starts fleeing south back to their territory.

Do we chase?
A.Yes
B.No
>>
>>33035916
Any way moving on use the mahges from there to push eath from the island onto the boats of the enemy
>>
>>33035934
Can we have some more information on the state of their ships versus ours?
>>
>>33035934
A
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>33035962
All active ships are in good fighting condition they have 4 of their smaller ships while we have 5 of ours plus 2 Elven ships.
>>
>>33035934
How fast would we catch up Op?
>>
>>33035934
How about we nope out of here and regroup also see about sending aid to the humans fighting the gnomes
>>
>>33035991
We have aeromancers on the ships and they can create a wind, giving us a big enough boost to quickly catch and engage the enemy
>>
Just feel like thats a trap
>>
>>33035970
We lost half our fleet, but the enemy retreated, lets not take our chances. I say lets get back to the naval base and allow our survivors to rest while we come up with a new plan. we gotta start being a little more careful.
>>
>>33036012
>>33035934
Catch and board, moar slaves for future parley.
>>
>>33036042
>>33035970
>>33035993
>>33036021
We have a 2-2 tie whats it going to be?
>>
>>33036075
I'll break it, let's not chase, and try to salvage the ships we can, and save the crews
>>
>>33036042
Just seeing if im correct our entire army was pretty much obliterated we lost one of our best men most of our ships and we want to chase them down when people have been saying we didn't scout enough to see that huge back up force coming at us and they could very well be running to a larger force ....also they are much better armed than we are
>>
>>33036102
Also no parlay I want blood all of it when we return to the city I vote we savagely beat all the gnomes then cut out their tounges and use them for catapult ammo for our next offensive
>>
>>33036098
You have the ships turn around and evacuate the army back to the port. As you sail you take accounting of our losses and the enemies. This operation lost us Dagg a fine commander, as well as 13 ships. Most of the army was on the island fortunately and is almost entirely intact. The enemy fleet lost 16 ships plus all the towns we burned and looted. The fleet returns to the captured port, tired but optimistic about the future, the losses on our side were heavy, but so were the enemies.

Alright guys thats all I got. I will probably run it on a similar schedule tomorrow. Thanks for playing!
>>
>>33036184
>>33036184
Thanks op see you around.
>>
>>33036184
Was a lot of fun, I really like how write these civ threads, OP
>>
>>33036184
awesome once again, Shmeh.

Lets see if we can't get the Humans and Centaurs under a common cause, we'll bring peace to them both by hiring them as mercenaries.
>>
>>33036184
Great thread again OP, see you tomorrow
>>
File: addon.png (391KB, 496x1552px) Image search: [Google]
addon.png
391KB, 496x1552px
>>33033597
So addon pack to the list then?
>>
>>33036947
Oh damn I'm late to the party...
>>
>>33036947
>Kitsunes
Kitsune is already plural.
Thread posts: 292
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.