[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to train for pickup basketball? I recently started playing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: Press.jpg (7KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
Press.jpg
7KB, 274x184px
How to train for pickup basketball? I recently started playing again and have fun for like the first 3 possessions and then after that I'm just trying not to pass out from exhaustion.
>>
sweep the leg
>>
run dumb ass.
>>
>>76513641
keep playing more pickup bball. you could also run or do sprints every couple days
>>
>>76513641
Unless you're running the Princeton offense the least of your concerns should be getting winded. Quit smoking if you do and focus on increasing your cardiovascular abilities via endurance training.
>>
>>76513641
I can't shoot a basketball so it's not like I can give you any advice worth shit but how the fuck can you get tired after 3 possessions?
>>
>>76513673
t. never played basketball except NBA 2k16
>>
>>76513655
I do run but I still feel like dying.

>>76513667
I will try sprints thank you.
>>
only stand at the 3 point line taking shots.
dont even bother moving around a lot.
>>
>>76513675
If he's playing full court 3 possessions can be like 5 sprints + bunch of running in the half court.
>>
>>76513641
Just play more, you'll get used to it.

Don't post my sportsfu ever again btw.
>>
>>76513682
>t. Fat piece of shit
Basketball takes less endurance than most sports
>>
>>76513695
That's because you are playing on your Xbox.
>>
>>76513688
I want to do this but I always get assigned to guard the 5 foot tall fucker who never stops running. I'm not even short. The big fat guys have this luxury
>>
i used the "just stand close to the baskets and catch all the rebounds technique´"
>>
>>76513709
>running into that one guy who calls 3 second violations in pick up games
>>
>>76513673
Have you ever played pickup basketball? Half way through the game pretty much everyone is walking up the court. These aren't NCAA athletes.
>>
>>76513695
I'm not fat at all but I get winded quick playing pickup if the pace is decent/people are actually playing D. You're on 4chan m8, most people here are gonna have shit cardio.
>>
>>76513715
I had a game today where some black dude insisted on playing point and refused to do anything except pass to one guy or take it to the hole. He was probably 2-20. Every time down the court he would yell "same thing" then literally do the same thing
>>
>>76513715
that's when you use the "lmao bro it's just a friendly game relax" technique
>>
>>76513743
>a black dude chucks 40 shots
Every pickup game ever.
>>
>>76513641
You know Christen is only for Yankees game threads, rights?

Oh, and do more cardio, tubby.
>>
>>76513715
do people really do that?

next they'll start shooting free throws in streetball heh

i'm a rather short guy who only plays point so endurance is kinda my strength.. just run more OP
>>
>>76513701
I wrestle and play soccer competitively. Basketball depends much more on technique and size than endurance. That's why I'm dogshit at it.
>>
>>76513879
>I wrestle and play soccer competitively

hs kids pls go
>>
File: 1496948748342.jpg (56KB, 800x804px) Image search: [Google]
1496948748342.jpg
56KB, 800x804px
>>76513921
>tfw a high school kid is more alpha than you AND you're a fucking leaf
Go make some maple syrup faggot, maybe win the Stanley Cup someday too
>>
>>76513705
hey that's me senpai :3
>>
>>76513982
>pretending to be someone else

absolutely pathetic
>>
File: lel.png (179KB, 916x912px) Image search: [Google]
lel.png
179KB, 916x912px
>>76514166
wew
>>
>>76514117
Fuck you
>>
>>76514667
>turning on your vpn to defend yourself

pathetic bud
>>
>>76513802
why? she is a california grill playing in chicago, what's the yankee connection exactly?
>>
Play more. Play 2-3 times a week and you'll catch your second wind eventually. I always showed up out of shape for pickup games through college and got back into decent shape after a couple weeks of regular playing
>>
masturbate more
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.