[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix super bowl commercials? Hard mode: No British people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 14

How do we fix super bowl commercials?
Hard mode: No British people saying get rid of them and fund it with government dole.

I have to say that my theory about why they suck so bad is the price for the ads have gotten too damn high and should be an NFL draft for ads so they can spend budget on the actual ad itself.

5 million for the cost of the ad and 100k for the actual ad is retarded. Lets cap the ads at 2 million an ad, give the advertising firms a random lottery at it and then the other 2 million can go to paying for the ad.
>>
if you watch commercials you're a cuck.
>>
Are there really people who havent driven a little drunk from time to time?
>>
>>65469955
Here's what you do: auction off entire 2 minute commercial blocks for millions of dollars

Thus, we get high production ads with story arcs
>>
>>65470116
...dude

u r a cotton headed ninny muggins
>>
File: helen-mirren-feet-3.jpg (256KB, 1600x1418px) Image search: [Google]
helen-mirren-feet-3.jpg
256KB, 1600x1418px
>>65469955
>tfw I like that ad and would wreck Mirren
>>
>>65469955
I liked this ad.

Only other good ones were Willem Dafoe in drag and the "Walken" closet.
>>
I made a bet that the first commercial after kickoff was going to be a beer commercial. As soon as I saw a bunch of people working out, I got my wallet out, but then all of a sudden a dude opens a beer? What? I mean, I was super excited to win, but who the fuck associates exercise with beer?
>>
>>65469955

Every fuck commercial me and my brother would be guessing what they were for until the last 5 seconds when they revealed a car or something.

All shit this year 0 remembered.

Except that one where the chick called the car gay. That car was ugly as fuck would not buy.
>>
File: 1380506687021.jpg (202KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1380506687021.jpg
202KB, 800x800px
>>65469955
>tfw drove drunk last night and did it today coming home from the super bowl party
>>
What was with the not one, but TWO commercials about bowel troubles? That was seriously incredible to me. Do that many people across the country have trouble pooping?
>>
>>65470568

Havent drove drunk for years but remember a couple times where I couldnt see the lights on a construction zone cleanly and figure yep people are doing it now.
>>
I miss sexy GoDaddy commercials
>>
>>65469955
>fix ads

what the fuck am I reading?
>>
I liked the wiener dog one
>>
>>65469955
All I could think, as she told me to not drink and drive, was about how bad I wanted a burger like that one. She almost got me to drive drunk.
>>
>>65469955
> be a beer company
> spend millions to have a foreigner lecture your customers

GR8 JERB
>>
More straight white males and sexy women
>>
The dog being named turbotax.com was pretty funny.
>>
>>65470856
I'm surprised she didn't use 'trump-supporter' as an insult
>>
>>65470856
The beer company is a foreigner, so it's not out of place.
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 440x632px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 440x632px
>>65469955
More Trump presidential campaign ads
More WWE ads
More ads with Roman Reigns
More ads with cucks
More ads that are good
>>
File: Oreo-Dunk-in-the-Dark.jpg (26KB, 660x660px) Image search: [Google]
Oreo-Dunk-in-the-Dark.jpg
26KB, 660x660px
Commercials haven't always been good/great, but it's no longer something that commands our attention. They figured out they could flash whatever product at the last 5 seconds, put a meaningful collage of meandering bullshit that is gonna try to trend on twitter, and let social networking do the job for them. You won't have actual effort in this environment due to that along with the money issue.

Right now, the only thing really trending from the superbowl not bout the actual game itself was Lady Gaga blowing everyone away. They don't really utilize twitter very well, they utilize the media well who need to find something to report on so they do the obligatory "best worst" lists and all that stuff.

If you want to "fix" adds, it's going to be all those boring changes that isn't just "make it more funny/meta". We are frankly over saturated with advertisements. Less is more. Want to know the most effective superbowl ad in the last 5 years? Pic related. It's timely, effective, and seized an opportunity, and cost next to nothing and it was what most people talked about. Unfortunately you won't get that anymore.
>>
>>65469955

Define "fix"
>>
>>65471094
The problem with ads this year iqhmo, was that they were trying to cater to youtube. They preview them online or build them up online. Then they give you 30 second ad and expect you to see more online. Which is good, however there weren't any really big or cinematic ads, aside from the astronaut one and the hulk/antman one. So it felt like any other day for ads.
>>
>>65470903
I mean, if that's the sort of thing that you find funny, then I'm guessing the Big Bang Theory ads were getting you excited too.
>>
You should be asking how you fix your sport.

When they main attraction of its showpiece event is the adverts, you've got problems.

I don't give a fuck how 'clever' and 'well done' they are, it's grubby jews trying to sell you shit and constantly interrupting the sport, adverts are the part where you switch over. Well, in the non-retarded world, e can only hope you reach that some day.
>>
>>65471271
>When they main attraction of its showpiece event is the adverts
They're really not. They may be what pull in non-sports fans, but everyone else is there for the game.
But hey, who am I to argue with a country whose favorite sport is watching a bunch of foreigners jog back and forth.
>>
>>65471271
>constantly interrupting the sport

That's just how their "sport" works.
>>
Anyone who drives drunk is a confirmed country hick loser with no public transport or uber available.
>>
File: andy-fordham_1529259c.jpg (19KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
andy-fordham_1529259c.jpg
19KB, 460x288px
>>65471424
>British "sports"
>>
the halftime show was just a tv stage displaying a screensaver and a bunch of normal people on the field

at least put on a show
>>
#PuppyMonkeyBaby
>>
>>65471570
Bad comparison, it's nowhere near as popular as american football.
>>
Fuck that. I'm driving drunk to spite that cunt.
>>
>>65471748
At least America is the best at their own sports. How many World Cups you got there?
>>
>>65471988
>America is the best at sports only America plays

...congratulations?
>>
The only ads anyone gives a shit about are the movie tv spots and the ones that cater to nostalgia.
>>
> trying to guilt trip me about letting my faucet run a bit

Is this the future millennials want?
>>
File: you kidding me.webm (1MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
you kidding me.webm
1MB, 854x480px
>>65472117

>Only America plays Handegg
>>
>>65472261
>Do millennials want a totalitarian police state where no one is allowed to do bad things like hurt the environment, be mean to them, or pay them less than 2000 dollars a month for doing nothing?
Yes.
#feelthebern
>>
>>65472395
Who the hell in advertising hollywood keeps thinking a bong telling Americans what to do is good advertising?

CURRENT YEAR PEOPLE
>>
>>65472291
How many handegg leagues are there worldwide? How many national teams are there? Is there a world cup equivalent?
>>
File: mfw 6.jpg (42KB, 632x421px) Image search: [Google]
mfw 6.jpg
42KB, 632x421px
>>65469955
never understood why Americans fall for the "WATCH THE AMAZING OWL ADS" schtick.
YFW you realize it was advertising hype hyping the advertisements all along.
>>
File: englandyes2.png (4MB, 3902x3733px) Image search: [Google]
englandyes2.png
4MB, 3902x3733px
>>65472478
>>
>>65470321
she's hot
>>
>>65472474
Because hollywood is always trying to appeal to the "youth", and American youth hate themselves because America caused all the problems in the world, and oppresses people EVERY DAY, and WHY THE FUCK AREN'T YOU DOING ANYTHING TO HELP, TEXT THIS RANDOM NUMBER TO STOP DOMESTIC ABUSE!!!11!!

I hate college students.
>>
>>65472592
turn off that faucet its CURRENT YEAR ANON
>>
>>65472552
I'm sure you have sensationalist headlines and tabloid articles in 'murika too.
>>
>>65472478
Football is played only in the USA and Canada.
But that doesn't mean anything except football is played only in the USA and Canada; it's a fucking great sport.
>>
>>65472742
>1400 children raped by pakis
>sensationalist
>>
>>65472668
I don't even follow the logic of that ad. The water I use just goes back into the municipal supply. It's not like it disappears forever. This shit is maddening.
>>
File: englandyes.jpg (103KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
englandyes.jpg
103KB, 640x480px
>>65472742
>>
>>65472785
>game last several hours
>less than 15 minutes of actual gameplay
>majority of the event is just ads

Some "sport".
>>
>>65472877
B-but, Anon. It's... Current Year.
>>
>tfw there will never be a superbowl ad as awesome as office linebacker ever again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzToNo7A-94
>>
File: helen_mirren_bikini-picture.jpg (52KB, 450x675px) Image search: [Google]
helen_mirren_bikini-picture.jpg
52KB, 450x675px
>>65470321
>>
>>65472877

it's CURRENT YEAR and you're STILL DRINKING WATER?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
the doritos one was ok, i liked the steven tyler one as well
>>
It will never be like the old days.
>old spice LOL SO RANDUM XD brand of trying too hard to be funny
>Pay attention to our cause you racist misogynist
>hey baby boomers remember this?
>network plugs their god awful shows
>whoa dude we made this phone/tv/car/dragon dildo AS THIN AS A SHEET OF PAPER!!
>>
>>65470421
> 0 remembered

I dunno man, that puppy monkey baby will haunt my dreams
>>
>>65471094
Did no one watch the Oscars last year? She fucking blew everyone away singing that Sound of Music tribute.
>>
>>65470116
I haven't, but that's cause all the places I drink are within walking distance of my house, or I'm camping.
>>
>>65472291
We have the CFL if that counts
>Lions Master Race
>>
File: images.jpg (2KB, 123x92px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2KB, 123x92px
>>65469955

Just DVR the game, ya dingus.
>>
>>65471907

Lets hope its just you that burns in the wreck of your car.
>>
>>65474776

>CFL
>There's only 9 teams
>>
>>65469955
>caring about super bowl commercials
thats your first problem
>>
>>65469955
>How do we fix super bowl commercials?

Stop being Israel's bitch.
>>
JERSEY ADS
>>
>>65469955
That just made me want to drive drunk so she gets pissed at me and steps on my dick while berating me.
>>
>>65474827

Pham, everyone drives drunk. That's why getting a DUI is a misdemeanor.
>>
File: 1400sluts.jpg (398KB, 1024x1303px) Image search: [Google]
1400sluts.jpg
398KB, 1024x1303px
>>65472797
>1400 children raped by pakis

Haha.
>>
>>65469955
I loved the commercial where two teams played a complete game in bits between other commercials
>>
Guys OP only hated that commercial because it gave him a little does of reality and if there is one thing millennials hate its a does of reality.
>>
>>65474865
Not many people up here, bro.
>>
In Canada we always hear of the fabled Superbowl commercials with crazy high production values, and jam packed with celebrities. But we get commercials for President's Choice new line of internationally inspired poutines, and Home Hardware home owners helping home owners.
>>
File: naggicide.jpg (306KB, 1030x800px) Image search: [Google]
naggicide.jpg
306KB, 1030x800px
>>65472592
>STOP DOMESTIC ABUSE

And where can I call if my gf nags? Nagging is a far greater problem than women killed by DV.
>>
I thought the "Superbowl Children" one was kind of funny.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.