>2 goals 0 assists this season
>5 goals 4 assists this season
heh, kinda funny how united fags were so desperate to call Firmino a flop, and Depay was the real deal...yeah right.
Firmino was unfit when he first started having no pre-season training but you could see glimpses, of his skill as he was slowly introduced, this kid is going to be a big star if Liverpool can keep him, if they get that other brazilian Alex Teixeira that would be an amazing 3 piece brazilian attack..
and to be fair to rodgers tho, Firmino was not match fit either and took him a while to get used to the Premier league going to be exciting to see him sturridge and coutinho in attack
also players get written off so quickly in the EPL , I rly enjoy watching Firmino right now. Somehow I don't think Memphis will succeed. I think United should give Januzaj another chance.
Memphis is just overrated as fuck 2bh but i think man u will give him a few seasons before they sell him, Januzaj i think is another average player, who i think will move on in the summer.
I bet Memphis will move to a lesser PL team and stay there forever.
He's just having a bad season, not really surprising seeing how hard United is crashing. I don't think he'll be the GOAT united wants him to be tho.
Memphis has not been given anywhere near the level of confidence he needs.
Van Gaal worked with him at WC2014, and is treating him like dogshit now. It's the complete opposite of what Cocu did with Memphis the last few years at PSV.
and yeah i think some of the signings united made were signings fergie would never of made.....that french striker was a huge mistake, maybe in 5 years or so he would have become a great striker if he stayed at his previous club but to pay that kinda money for him at that age just puts insane amounts of pressure on him..can see him burning out
klopp isnt signing any players or his own players
he worked under a dof at dortmund and he is happy to do it here
but since he isnt a shit limited manager like rodgers he will actually be able to utilise these talents
Calm down calm down the lad is class
It was fairly obvious watching Firmino that he wasn't fully fit at the start of the season though, whereas memepiss was and flopped, firmino finally got fit and he's playing well. nobody with half a brain called firmino a flop because everyone knew he wasn't playing anywhere near his best
I don't like posts like this where some Liverpool fans bash Rodgers like he was completely incompetent. He clearly wasn't good enough to take Liverpool back to the top where we belong, but it's not like he really damaged the club in any way like Hodgson did.
As a Liverpool fan, I'm pretty sure Memphis would flourish with a different manager. In PSV it was quick passes and counter attacks. And at shite united you can't even tell what LVG's "philosophy" even is
Why would someone lie on the internet?
I suck at FIFA16. Then again, I've not played since 98. I did have other versions, but played couple of games.
I heard if you have 80+ dribbling you can just dance around the entire team, if you have 85+ Pace then you're great, regardless of other stats. Might make a good Pace + Dribbling team.
Firmino underperforms because he's surrounded by shit players (Lallana, Allen, that horrible fucking Ibe, Origi, Benteke) and good players which don't match his football language (Henderson, Milner).
Plus, he's at his best not at false-9, but playing second-striker to a mobile striker, not an immobile tower like Benteke.
There's also the fact that a team like Liverpool is deeply immersed in the british tradition (perpetuated by Bodgers) of crossing the ball every time (Milner, Clyne, Moreno) or just blooting it aimlessly (Coutinho, Ibe, Moreno), and none of those traits benefit Firmino's game, which is based on quick short passes and runs behind the defenders (which is perhaps the only thing Firmino is actually world class at, his runs are truly amazing but his teammates usually can't spot them, especially Ibe that worthless fuck, who "dribbles" with his head down and misses his teammates runs/lines 10/10 times, it's so fucking frustrating watching Firmino position himself well but no one in the team spot him).
He'll improve more and more as Klopp brings in players which fit his profile (mobile, aggressive on and off the ball, good passers, good vision).
Depay will be fine in the long run too, he'll start being good once that fraud Lang Baal leaves for good.
memphis looks like shit right now because LvG keeps insisting with his possession based strategy when he clearly doesn't have the players for
I don't rate him but he could be better right now
also he should stop fucking bulking up
- Schneiderlinn. One of the best DMs in the EPL, of course Lang Baal barely plays him anymore.
- Martial. Massively overpaid for him (70m soon, maybe 80m in the future). Won't be anywhere as good as deluded manuretards claim (hurr next henry/messi/neymar), but can develop into a top striker, yes.
- Romero. Decent backup keeper, lots of international experience, not much more than that. Lang Baal was still retarded in trying to force De Gea out to have Romero as starter, he was pretty flakey against Swanshit. But he was signed on a free, so it's a pro.
On the fence:
- Shaw is a good prospect (though not muh worlds best young LB like deluded manureshitters claim), but you massively overpaid for him £27m, he's prone to getting fat (like in the preseason) and at this point Utd just bought potential, not a complete player. He may yet flop, especially after the injury.
- Depay. Flopped harder than any of the below players so far, but he actually has potential and could flourish under a better manager. On the other hand, his attitude/work ethic/lack of focus is awful and may just as well undermine it all. Massively overpaid for as well (£25m). I know for a fact there are several players better than him in the Brasileirão and Ligue 1 which would cost half the price, the Eredivisie is not anywhere close to what it once was.
- Pigfucker can't run anymore, is injure-prone and is a has-been, plus Lang Baal's filohsofie makes him look worse than he really is. At least he was cheap and could be a good dressing room influence once Lang Baal leaves.
i can see both doing great
memphis has great technique on the ball no one can deny that, he just needs to start most of the games which will happen once lang baal leaves
and firmino to pray to god that all the mediocre players rodgers settled with leave
>3rd best player in the world according to chelsea fans
>ZERO bloody goals all seaon
- Angel Di Maria ACTUALLY is a world-cass elite player but who would never flourish under Lang Baal and anyone who knows his history could see that. He's flairful, free-roaming, creative, from a southern/southern european country, independent on the pitch, all things LVG doesn't get along historically.
- Falcao. I still think he can be a top player again if only he gets 2 things: 1) Service; 2) Game sequence, neither of which he had with United and Chelsea. i'm sure he would be one of the topscorers with Spuds. English media/supporters just like to push a team's failures unto individual players
- Herrera is one of the better midfielders on this team, but there's a reason he hasn't been capped for Spain. Not a top player and you massively overpaid (£29m) for him.
- Darmian. Massively overpaid for (£12m). Only good at defending (and even then not great), can't attack for SHIT. Belongs in a midtable 70s Serie A team,
- Blind, mediocre, like all the dutchbabbies Lang Baal signed for Barcelona in the late 90s/early 00s
- Rojo, a £16m bench player who's at best "good"
- Valdez. Lang Baal is retarded and probably hates catalunya now after his 2 spells. Nuff said.
Youth players: Definitely a MISS under Lang Baal. One of his old tricks is playing whichever young players a team has in their academy until someone sticks and he gets all the credit. So it was in Ajax, Barça and Buyern. The difference is that Utds academy lags 20 years behind modern-day top academies (Barça/Bayern/Sporting/Valencia, etc), the last time they produced world-class players was in 92 and their last "decent to good" players were Carrick and Cleverley. As a result, all the young players Lang Baal has available are TOTAL SHIT (Lingaard, Borthwick-whatever). None of those players will "stick". All the ones which actually have potential weren't from Utds academy to begin with (Pereira, Januzaj), and these aren't getting any game time.
>Arguing over these 2 shitters
Both have nothing on De goat
>- Blind, mediocre, like all the dutchbabbies Lang Baal signed for Barcelona in the late 90s/early 00s
I'd put him in the "on the fence" category, he's been useful for them, kind of a swiss knife, can be decent in a lot of positions and not too expensive
>goals and assists are all that matters
>he doesn't actually watch games
By your logic, Hazard is worse than Depay.
Also by your logic, Martial is worse than Suarez, Benzema, Vardy and many more.
>but it's not like he really damaged the club in any way
Except he sold perhaps the best striker in the world and bought Championship-tier garbage players + Adam Lallana who's actually decent for that money.
His 'flop' was just Rodgers playing him the wrong way. Anyone who watched his last hoffenheim season would know that
Good feeling when one of your childhood friends is scoring epl goals
Are the rest of you even trying?
Somebody give this man a blog.
Surely you don't just contribute here. I would read your commentary on a regular basis.