[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steven George Gerrard, MBE “For two or three years, Steven

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

File: Steven-Gerrard-Champs-League.jpg (273KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Steven-Gerrard-Champs-League.jpg
273KB, 1600x1200px
Steven George Gerrard, MBE

“For two or three years, Steven Gerrard was the best midfield player in the world." - Zidane

“He has become the most influential player in England, bar none. Not that Vieira lacks anything, but Gerrard does more.” – Sir Alex Ferguson

“I can’t think of a striker in the world who has scored so many important goals, never mind a midfielder.” – Thierry Henry

“I heard what Alex Ferguson said about him being better than me. He’s probably right. Gerrard is England's best player. ” – Patrick Vieira

“Steven Gerrard would be the captain of my World XI dream team.” – Francesco Totti

“I tried to bring him to Chelsea, I tried to bring him to Inter, I tried to bring him to Real Madrid but he was always a dear enemy,” - Mourinho

"Steven Gerrard is the best player I've played with" - Luis Suarez

"He is without a doubt the greatest player I have ever played with, he has everything" - Fernando Torres

710 Appearances, 186 goals (47 penalties)

FA Cup: 2001, 2006
Football League Cup: 2001, 2003, 2012
FA Community Shield: 2006
UEFA Champions League: 2005
UEFA Cup: 2001
UEFA Super Cup: 2001, 2005

Ballon d'Or Bronze Award (1): 2005
UEFA Club Footballer of the Year (1): 2005
FWA Footballer of the Year (1): 2009
PFA Players' Player of the Year (1): 2006
PFA Young Player of the Year (1): 2001
PFA Fans' Player of the Year (2): 2001, 2009
PFA Merit Award (1): 2015
PFA Team of the Year (8): 2001, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2014
UEFA Team of the Year (3): 2005, 2006, 2007
FIFA FIFPro World XI (3): 2007, 2008, 2009
UEFA Champions League Final Man of the Match (1): 2005
FA Cup Final Man of the Match (1): 2006
Premier League Player of the Month Award (6): March 2001, March 2003, December 2004, April 2006, March 2009, March 2014
>>
This is shameless bait, you're just waiting for someone to start posting slippy g memes.
>>
>>96
>>
Gerrard is the best english player of the last 30 years. But that doesn't allow him to have made up quotes like le ginger quoteman.
>>
>>65045307
>But that doesn't allow him to have made up quotes like le ginger quoteman

huh

all the quotes are real, google it
>>
>>65045307

Those are real quotes though.
>>
I always felt like he's underrated on /sp/. Fantastic player in 04-09
>>
>>65045334
Even in the slippy season, playing mostly as a defensive midfielder he got 13 goals and 13 assists
>>
>>65045334

He's underrated on /sp/ because half the people here are Man United fans.
>>
>>65045326
>>65045330
Even if they are, it doesn't mean much. Argument to authority is generally very weak, especially when it comes to footballers. Every time they're asked to talk about someone else they praise them to heavens, it's one big circle jerk.
>>
"Gerrard is a meme" - Frank Lampard, a real GOAT
>>
>>65045364
thats fine, but if i post on sp "For two or three years, Steven Gerrard was the best midfield player in the world" i would get called a deluded slippy >>96 scouse bin dipper
>>
>>65045260
>Ballon d'Or Bronze Award
He either won it or he didn't, nobody cares about 2nd or 3rd place.
>>
>>65045408
>He either won it or he didn't, nobody cares about 2nd or 3rd place.

Being the 3rd-best player in the world is still pretty impressive tbf
>>
"This does not fucking slip." - Steven Gerrard
It did slip.
>>
>>65045260
Absolutely the best. Pirlo can suck his cock
>>
>>65045260
>PFA Merit Award: 2015

I like Gerrard, but how on earth did he win a merit award in 2015 after stomping Herrera's leg.
>>
>>65045453
>can't win a merit award if you stepped on someone's toe
>>
>>65045471
Don't you have some cops to piss on and bodies to steal from?
>>
>>65045485
dont you have some dead people to mock?
>>
File: gerrard-face-horror-hair.jpg (54KB, 650x516px) Image search: [Google]
gerrard-face-horror-hair.jpg
54KB, 650x516px
>>
>>65045505
That's what I'm doing right now. Why you are still around is beyond me
>>
>>65045260

Brilliant player who had the misfortune to be from Liverpool, if he had been born in Manchester or London then /sp/ would worship him.
>>
"Steven Gerrard literally invented the pass, the shot, and the throw in" - Alfredo Di Stéfano
>>
>>65045524

haehaehaeh
>>
>>65045524

Looks like 'is 'airtrimmer slipped la
>>
>>65045505

Jesus m8... that was an embarrassing comeback, have a word with yourself
>>
>>65045416
yeah, while Lampard is in the second place.

Torres seems like a proper lad, lying about gerrard to make him and bitter liverpool fans feel better about themselves.
>>
>>65045524

How you want it senpai?
>Just slip my shit up
Say no more
>>
>>65045334
He was one of the best players of the world in the mid 00's. Shame that people who started watching in this decade will only remember the slip. The same happens with pirlo and people who think he's a meme free kick guy.
>>
>>65046366
no it wasnt
>>
>scholes
>le just as shit for england as lampard and gerrard man
>>
>>65045351
Literally ten of those were penalties though
>>
I feel like if the sheer amount of 'that liverpool feel' shitposting didn't occuring in 13-14 liverpool and gerrard would be far more liked on spee. as it was, I think he was unwilling to accept his decline in later years and was a very limited player but as his best in the mid 00's he was the best cm in the world, nothing he couldn't do:
>box to box
>incredible range of passing
>scores blooters
>set pieces
>6'0 and was decent in the box
>good defender apart from the occasional rash red card
>clutch as fuck, scored massive goals a few of which where blooters
>>
File: steve.jpg (52KB, 620x388px) Image search: [Google]
steve.jpg
52KB, 620x388px
>I lived during the G era

I am proud and honored.

TYBG
>>
Shinji Kagawa has more premier league medals m80s
>>
File: scholes.jpg (422KB, 1600x992px) Image search: [Google]
scholes.jpg
422KB, 1600x992px
Scholes also won infinitely many more league titles than Gerrard.
>>
>>65051233
>Le Made Up Quotes Man

Almost all of those have no original source other than a Man U fansite.
>>
>>65045260
>Premier League Player of the Month Award
wow
>>
I sat in the back of the car and felt the tears rolling down my face. I hadn't cried for years but, on the way home, I couldn't stop. The tears kept coming. I can't even tell you if the streets were thick with traffic or as empty as I was on the inside. It was killing me.

I felt numb, like I had lost someone in my family. It was as if my whole quarter of a century at this football club poured out of me. I did not even try to stem the silent tears as the events of the afternoon played over and over again in my head.
>>
>>65051583
kek. post more quotes from his book please.
>>
>>65045260
The quote that impressed me the most was this:

>"Steven Gerrard is the best player I've played with" - Luis Suarez

The rat king has played with fucking Messi, Nerman, Xavi, Iniesta, Forlán, Godín, and other great players and he picked Gerrard. He must be pretty good.
>>
"The following morning, just before the squad left for training, Pearce pulled me into a toilet at The Grove. He said, ‘I just wanted to tell you face to face that I’m going to be picking Scott Parker to be the captain for this game.’
Scott Parker is a good player and honest; I’ve got a lot of respect for Scott as a player and a person. But to pick Scott Parker as England captain ahead of me? I don’t know whether it was a dig at Liverpool or something more personal — but my overall perception was Pearce was doing some muscle-flexing in the toilet mirrors."
>>
"On the morning of the game, I felt like a caged animal. As I warmed up on the afternoon last March, the United fans opened their throats.
They pelted me with abuse — and their favourite song echoed around the away end:
'Steve Gerrard, Gerrard... he slipped on his f****** arse, he gave it to Demba Ba... Steve Gerrard, Gerrard...'
After a while, when they got bored, they swapped it for another chestnut:
'You nearly won the league, you nearly won the league... and now you better believe it, now you better believe it, now you better believe it, you nearly won the league.'
The anger in the caged animal grew and grew. United were swaggering, Anfield was very quiet. It was obvious I would come on at half-time."
>>
>>65051645
It's an old quote, dumdum. Before barcelona obviously.
>>
>>65051715
>obviously
proofs?
>>
>>65045524
How did the barber manage this without slipping and nicking his ear at least once?
>>
Pretty sure Suarez will have changed his mind. He's literally playing with the GOAT, Iniesta and Neymar.
>>
>>65051739
No Chilel, you must be completely right.

Saurez played with Iniesta, Nerman, Xavi and Messi but as you say, SlippyG is the best in his opinion. Obviously the fact that OP created this thread just now must mean that Saurez made such a statement today, of course.
>>
File: 1449317332203.jpg (9KB, 221x250px) Image search: [Google]
1449317332203.jpg
9KB, 221x250px
>the slippy one
>>
>>65051739
He said it in some Liverpool interview video IIRC
>>
>>65045364
This. I'll never understand why people put so much weight on player/coaches quotes. They literally change their minds every month depending on who they feel like giving props to this time.

And honestly, how often do you see a player or a coach say something like "Nah, I don't think he's that good"? It almost never happens because they all like to just suck each other off
>>
>>65045363
you really think so? every time manure loses there are dozens of van laal song threads
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 551x367px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 551x367px
one moment can define even a great athlete's entire career at times. look at boxer Michael Spinks. hands down hall of famer and an all time great, yet all anyone remembers is him being fed to a prime Mike Tyson. sports can be brutal at times m8.
>>
>>65045260

But if Stephano Gerrardini is such amaze and influential man, how come he never lead team to EPL title???
Every Liverpool fan say Liverpool are greatest club in history, but how come they no win title for Slippy G???
Why would you go on internet and lie???

Sorry for poor Englando, OP gave me brain tumour
>>
>>65045370
This desu
>>
>>65045260
Poor Man's Scholes desu
>>
>>65056167
It's because they change teams after their team loses
>>
>>65051233
I thought these were made up to make United fans look stupid
>>
Lampard > Gerrard >scholes
>>
>england's best player

that sounds like a real accomplishment

I'm impressed tbnh
>>
File: 3 Horse Race.jpg (59KB, 790x518px) Image search: [Google]
3 Horse Race.jpg
59KB, 790x518px
>>65056957
>But if Stephano Gerrardini is such amaze and influential man, how come he never lead team to EPL title???

Liverpool never had enough money to win it. By the time Gerrard hit his prime, Abramovich had changed the game. Even when Liverpool's starting XI was good enough to win the league (late 2000s and 2013), they ended up losing because they couldn't afford the depth they needed (especially in defense, which is what fucked them over in 13/14).
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.