[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm freaking the fuck out.. is this really happening? Fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 16

File: 2016-01-18 10.41.43.png (1008KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-18 10.41.43.png
1008KB, 1440x2560px
I'm freaking the fuck out.. is this really happening? Fuck dean spanos that huge piece of living shit.
>>
Shameless bump
>>
I hope they move there at the same time as the Rams and the Chargers become the Chivas USA of the NFL because all the LA fans stick with their old teams.
>>
>>65027714
Wtf does that even mean you goddamn retard?....
>>
>>65027737
It means that I hope the Rams and the Chargers both move to Los Angeles, and that the Chargers become practically invisible in the city with embarrassingly low attendances because everyone in the city sticks with their old teams (either the Rams or whatever other NFL team they were a fan of).

Chivas USA was a team in MLS that played in Los Angeles, but they only averaged about 8,000 fans per game because everyone just watched the LA Galaxy instead and because Chivas was so obviously foreign.
>>
>>65027690
Nigga it was voted on last week. All they had to do is work out the small details. Your stupid for thinking they were staying.
>>
>>65027690
>moving to a place where nobody wants you
>>
>tfw no more professional sports in San Diego
>>
>>65027690
Honestly keking my ass off that people from San Diego feel they deserve a team. Multiple times this season there were more away fans than Charger fans, that's fucking embarrassing. Your fanbase was the reason the NFL had to get rid of the blackout rule, BECAUSE YOU COULDN'T SELL OUT MORE THAN 2 GAMES IN A SEASON. It's San Diego's fault the Chargers are leaving.
>>
>>65027909
>But you have the sharks
>oops, wrong city
>>
>"franchises" that are able to change location at will
nice "sport"
>>
>>65028012

This desu don't know how Americans do it, would be fucking horrible to have your team move miles away because money
>>
File: nfl-fan-map.jpg (119KB, 1200x678px) Image search: [Google]
nfl-fan-map.jpg
119KB, 1200x678px
>San Diego REALLY needs a team
>die hard fans with disposable income can't be bothered to drive an extra hour
>>
Why are the Chargers moving anyway? It looks like they saw the Rams planning to move and said "me too" like a little brother copying a sibling
>>
>>65028321

LA Rams will drain away what little is left of San Diego's dwindling fanbase

I think the idea is to have two LA teams like NY has two teams and hope they shake out an even difference
>>
>>65028266

My team has been in the same city for its entire history, the idea of teams just packing up and moving around is pretty disgusting desu
>>
>>65028012
>a German getting uppity about people moving around
>>
Lol San Diego has no fans and doesn't deserve a team. Los Angeles is the same, but at least has a larger population.

The fact of the matter is, that outside of the Mexicans, nobody in SoCal gives a shit about pro sports. They prefer shit like surfing and extreme sports and outdoors sports, or music and hollywood bullshit.

There is no core fanbase whatsoever, trust me I lived in SD county for a while, it was easy as piss to get Chargers tickets even when they were good and had Tomlinson. Good teams with hardcore fans sell out stadiums. SD couldn't, and LA won't either after the novelty of the first season or two wears off.
>>
>>65028306

Why are the Cowboys so popular in Nevada? Do they really hate CA that much? Also

>jest
>>
File: 2015 NFL Attendance.png (91KB, 754x789px) Image search: [Google]
2015 NFL Attendance.png
91KB, 754x789px
>>65027987
>Multiple times this season there were more away fans than Charger fans
You think it won't be worse in LA?
>Your fanbase was the reason the NFL had to get rid of the blackout rule
That or concern about fans of the Chargers, Rams, and Raiders (the latter two having had a lower percentage fill rate than Qualcomm this season) not going to games out of protesting the choices of their owners to try relocating, but sure. Keep talking out of your ass.
>>
>>65028306
>JEST
>>
>>65028355
>people
a franchise is not a person
>Amerilard reading comprehension
>>
File: okmymon.png (134KB, 1024x772px) Image search: [Google]
okmymon.png
134KB, 1024x772px
>>65028306
that map is good but this map is actually more interesting when you think about it.....
>>
>>65028860

not really. everybody loves watching accidents. its like slowing down when theres a 5 car pile up on the freeway. the cowshits provide that. great reality television....shit sports team.
>>
>>65028306
>tfw three counties from having your entire state
The fucking jags? Why?
>>
>>65028306
They shouldn't have to. Why is it that Baron Hilton was smart enough to know not to try competing against the Rams for the LA market, but Dean Spanos, a man who has only ever demonstrated such incompetence that he wasn't able to leverage a 20 year absence of NFL teams in LA into a significant expansion of his fan base, or even develop demand for the team he had in the San Diego market, can do better? I mean if Dean had actually made something of the LA market he would be justified wanting to move there, but he hasn't. It remains a minority portion of his business and ticket sales, and that minority will be even further eaten away by the fact that just as there was at least one /sp/artan in every Chargers game thread this season who said he was a Chargers fan, but was dying to get the Rams back so he could go back to being a Rams fan, there will be other "Chargers fans" in LA who will be abandoning the team in exchange for the Rams. The distance from SD to LA is inconsequential when the plain simple fact is that he is prioritizing money over the loyalty our admittedly lean fanbase has given him and his family for decades. My family and I have had season tickets for 34 years, and we would drive two hours to SD every Sunday. We did it out of love and loyalty. San Diegans should not be forced to do that however. LA may have been where the Chargers were born, but SD is where they grew and made their history. Abandoning all of that for more money is a betrayal that should only be rewarded back with betrayal.
>>
File: 1342630689544.jpg (14KB, 189x352px) Image search: [Google]
1342630689544.jpg
14KB, 189x352px
>implying this doesn't just make it all the sweeter when LA has two (2) teams leave at the same time in 5 years when no one comes out to watch the games
>>
>>65028306
>Facebook
This map gets posted so much, but it is actually useless
>>
>>65028926
From your mouth to the football gods ears, anon.
>>
>>65028737
everyone not in California really hates California.
They are the most cancerous people in our country all collected in one place.
>liberal extremists/sjws/hippies
>Chicanos everywhere
>gays/xes
>Hollywood/Jews

But also its because the Cowboys are the best marketed team, their owner is good about that.
>>
>>65027784
Should've just used the Clippers. They're a team from an actually relevant league that people have heard of that fit your attempted analogy much better.
>>
>>65029071
>their owner
>"I'm the favorite son of El Segundo, (Calif.)," Jones said. "I was born in LA, Inglewood. So, I have a natural passion in that I have a lot of relatives that live in Los Angeles."
http://www.foxsports.com/southwest/story/jerry-jones-i-m-going-to-bring-the-nfl-to-la-081115
>>
>>65028755
ESPN's stats are misleading. O.co's tarped attendance is ~56,000. They've been basically selling out every game.
>>
>>65029137
>ESPN's stats are misleading
Have a source for that, or am I just supposed to take your word for it?
>>
>>65029071
>tfw everyone has an idea of California that is nothing like California
>>
>>65028599
i once heard the most popular sports team in SoCal is the Mexican National team.
>>
>>65027909
But they have the padr.....
Nvm you're right
>>
Calm the fuck down everyone. The Raiders are moving to San Diego

http://www.insidesocal.com/nfl/2016/01/17/raiders-play-the-waiting-game-but-in-a-strong-position/

>In fact, don’t be surprised if the NFL either waived any relocation fee to facilitate a possible Raiders move to San Diego or set one at a price extremely affordable. In addition, the additional $100 million the league promised to the Raiders to go toward a deal in Oakland is expected to be available to them in a move to San Diego.
>As an NFL source told me today, waiving a relocation fee could be possible as the Raiders would be yielding a Bay Area market that is attractive to the NFL long term while filling a San Diego market the league wants to keep in the fold.

Vinny Bosigniore has literally never been wrong
>>
>>65029164
why you keep electing pelosi and feinsatan then?
>>
>>65028306
The cardinals perfectly getting all of Arizona and nothing else is so perfect it bugs me
>>
>>65029184
i think i would give up sports entirely if this merry go round of team relocations happens. Chargers fans who are rivals of Raiders will now become fans of the Raiders and rivals of the chargers. its the most jew shit imaginable.
>>
>>65029192
You could say that about every senator in every state, just because a republican candidate has a hard time/cannot win in California doesn't make it a state full of "liberal extremists"

Don't forget that California voted to keep gays from marrying and voted to keep marijuana from being full blown legal
>>
>>65029232
If Dean Spanos wants money more than my fandom, fuck him. I'll trade my powder blues for silver and black in a heartbeat. Mark Davis won't be able to keep up with the money I'd throw his way.
>>
>>65029161
Have you never watched a Raiders game. They've tarped off the entire third deck, which gets rid of about ~9000 seats. ESPN is still counting the untarped 65,000 as the capacity of the coliseum.
>>
File: 0422.png (210KB, 599x457px) Image search: [Google]
0422.png
210KB, 599x457px
>>65029071
>Looking to switch jobs
>Living in Illinois making $45k a year
>get a job offer in LA
>Offer me $50k a year
>Say that they know the offer is low but the fact I get to live in LA makes up for it
>mfw
>>
>>65029232
Ughh raidnigger here im sorry you lost your team SD. The nfl would take a shit on both of us if they move the Raiders to SD like what type of punishment is this.
>>
>>65029116
>believing billionaires
i bet you think politicians really do care about you
>>
>>65029357
So are you saying Jerry Jones wasn't born in California?
>>
>>65029285
As they should

>Last season, the Raiders used the NFL's "85 percent rule," which allowed them to declare a sellout if 85 percent of their non-suite tickets were sold by Thursdays, and some 2-for-1 ticket deals to help sell games out and prevent local television blackouts.
>This year, the team will use a new tool to aid those efforts - a black tarp covering roughly 11,000 seats at O.co Coliseum.
>The new capacity of O.co will be 53,250 (down from 64,200) with the high east-side third deck being tarped off for Raiders home games, the team announced Wednesday.
http://www.sfgate.com/raiders/article/Raiders-will-tarp-top-of-Mount-Davis-4258267.php

It's not like they were tarped off because they were being used.
>>
File: SDRaiders.jpg (48KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
SDRaiders.jpg
48KB, 480x480px
LA Raider fan here: Better than Texas and 1000x better than Brokeland
>>
>>65029378
he was but he also went to Arkansas
this is the man who fired Tom Landry, anything he says has to be taken with a grain of salt
>>
>>65029426
I never said he never left California. Neither did he. He just said he was born in California. In my book that makes him a Californian first and foremost.

>America's freedom team that represents everything great about the country and all that is wrong with Commiefornia is owned by a Californian who Texans beg to give their money to

How much of a cuck state can you be, Texas?
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 404x404px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 404x404px
>>65029425
San Diegans and actual Raiders fans can agree that this would be awful. Fuck off back to reddit, LA shill.
>>
>>65029675
The Raiders belong in California
Furthermore, the Raiders became famous in SoCal

Therefore the Raiders either belong in SD or LA.

Not only did Vincent Bosigniore say it, but Fred Roggin as well

https://twitter.com/FredNBCLA/status/688473025235177472

>Brokeland
>BTFO

Pick 2
>>
>>65029425
Oh god. I'm remembering the Star of India now.
>>
>>65029754
Holy shit. Roggin has been on it this whole time.
>>
>>65029495
he's a self made billionaire, that's literally the opposite of California
also if he wants to sell the team go right the fuck ahead Jerry i would love to see that
>>
>>65029800
>he's a self made billionaire, that's literally the opposite of California

Kek.
>>
>The Raiders belong in California
This is true
>Furthermore, the Raiders became famous in SoCal
This is not. They were among the best in the NFL well before they left Oakland (to heavy League opposition) in the 80s. Their brash persona being co-opted by NWA didn't make them famous. It may have made them a fashion statement, but not famous.
>>
>>65028266
>>65028012
It only happens in the shittiest of cities though.
>>
>>65029675
why is this awful for San Diegans? are football team is abandoning us for LA and we get their biggest rival. its better than nothing at least
>>
>>65030027
>St. Louis
>Los Angeles
>Baltimore
>Indianapolis
>Oakland

checks out
>>
File: Please, Dean...please.jpg (25KB, 320x400px) Image search: [Google]
Please, Dean...please.jpg
25KB, 320x400px
>>65028919
>My family and I have had season tickets for 34 years, and we would drive two hours to SD every Sunday. We did it out of love and loyalty
This is the same thinking whores have about their abusive pimps - "If I just do enough bareback anal with HIV+ addicts he'll finally love me back."

Sports owners' inside joke:
Q: What's the difference between a sports fan and a urinal?
A: A urinal doesn't follow you around after you use it.
>>
>>65030665
Did I say I was talking about Dean's love and loyalty to us? No. I was talking about ours towards the organization. If Dean chooses to go to LA, then I'll be first in line to hold the door open and tell him to get the fuck out of SD. I will not be such a cuck that I remain loyal to an owner and his team when he is unwilling to do the same to the community that has supported both of them for decades.

How that is in any way
>the same thinking whores have about their abusive pimps - "If I just do enough bareback anal with HIV+ addicts he'll finally love me back."
escapes me. As far as I am concerned, I'm about as far away from that type of "thinking" as is possible.
>>
>>65030027

In England at least a good football team can make a city or town better in a way, some premier league clubs are in horrible areas, West Brom for example
>>
>>65028926
The Toronto Chargers sounds sweet to me ;)
>>
File: SD.jpg (78KB, 1024x293px) Image search: [Google]
SD.jpg
78KB, 1024x293px
>>65030731
I'm not trying to denigrate in any way your feelings of love or loyalty. In general I find those admirable.

I was pointing out that placing those feelings (for 34 years) with a for-profit corporation, the goal of which is to extract the most money possible from people for the benefit of ownership that will at best treat people like you as disposable, isn't really in your best interest.

And unfortunately that is exactly the parasitic hooker-pimp relationship: the victim feels some love and loyalty for her pimp, her pimp cares only enough for her to keep her cash flowing to him, and the pimp will abuse her as he sees fit and will leave her as soon as he finds a bitch who'll make him more money.

Surely you can see that describes the relationship between most cities and fan bases and their sports teams.

The only thing that breaks that cycle for victims of sexual abuse is the strength to leave, and it sounds like you and with luck other people in SD are reaching that point in your relationship with the Chargers.

It's painful when relationships end, even bad ones, but it's for the good when the relationships are one-sided and abusive.

(None of this is to take away from the years of enjoyment you and your family got from watching and rooting for the Chargers. It's to keep the warm feelings from clouding one's view about the power dynamic in the relationship.)
>>
File: Trono's new head coach.jpg (90KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
Trono's new head coach.jpg
90KB, 620x465px
>>65032205
Wouldn't the provincial government require they be renamed to something like "The Toronto Roughly-Ridden Barebacknauts"?
>>
>>65032228
>Surely you can see that describes the relationship between most cities and fan bases and their sports teams.
I can. There is one change I would make however.
>>Surely you can see that describes the relationship between most cities and fan bases and their sports teams owners.

Dean Spanos wasn't out there on that field rocking #55 while tackling Tom Brady, or handing off to Ladanian Tomlinson, or throwing to Antonio Gates. Those men give a shit. When Philip Rivers tears up while reacting to the fans who cheered for the Chargers during what may have been their last home game in San Diego this season, he only does so because he cares. I acknowledge that you can't be a fan of the team or it's players without the owner benefiting at some point, but I acknowledge Dean Spanos being the owner without declaring any more loyalty to him as he has demonstrated to myself and every other Chargers fan during this entire relocation ordeal.

I am a Chargers fan because my Father is a Chargers fan, and his father was a Chargers fan as well. The reason I give a shit however, and remember the number that goes with the name, and their position, and wear out my voice shouting for them is because of many of the men out there on the field, busting their ass and giving a shit. The ones who break and bleed, and sign autographs and give shoes and jerseys away and are always happy to do something for someone just because they tell them they are a fan of theirs. Those guys are the ones who I am loyal to. Those are the ones who I'll feel bad cheering against if they go to LA, but if they do, they will not be my team anymore, and that will be because the guy who pays them will force them to play somewhere other than SD.

Make no mistake, I am a fan of the men on the field. The owner however could wind up murdered on the side of the road, and I would feel nothing beyond joy at the prospect of someone else taking over leadership of the organization who might choose not to move it.
>>
>>65029164
Good then more people won't come here.
>>
>>65029192
Pelosi is from the most liberal district of San Francisco. Feinstein is actually a more moderate Democrat. Maybe you mean Boxer? Because we like seniority in our delegation. When we had none we lost many military bases in the early 90s.

The state is liberal in places, but it's population is huge and there's all kinds of places and people. But whatever keeps flyover faggots out, keep on believing it.
>>
ITT: people who don't understand capitalism.
>>
>>65032685
>Feinstein is actually a more moderate Democrat.
Feinstein's an authoritarian fascist.

Dan White left City Hall too goddamned early.
>>
File: image.jpg (323KB, 980x330px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
323KB, 980x330px
>>65027909
San Dieho is barely an American city anymore anyway. 98% of the city is Mexican/Aztec. Only 15% speak English with any fluency. It's basically just a borough of Tijuana at this point.
>>
>>65032834
[CITATION NEEDED]
>>
>>65028860
Man, the Cowboys are like a malignant cancer
>>
>>65027690
Why is Spanos such a cuck? He's about to get cucked by Kroenke in LA
>>
File: image.png (145KB, 900x650px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
145KB, 900x650px
Moving the Chargers to LA isn't that big of a deal. The new stadium is only about an hour north of San Diego so it will actually be closer for a lot of fans that the current stadium.

It's mostly a marketing thing. They'll get more revenue calling themselves the Los Angeles Chargers than the San Diego Chargers.

Also "Los Angeles" is a Spanish name that means "The Angels". The Hispanic community in California can more readily identify with that than an Anglo sounding city name like San Diego.
>>
>>65033647
Here is your reply, Ron.
>>
>>65028860
Ok.
I get the Giants down in Florida.
Why the fuck are they popular in Oklahoma.
People hate the cowboys THAT much?
Even Philly has a fuckin' chunk of OK.
>>
>>65028599
You just sound like a got damn idiot my man
>>
This probably won't happen. This would free up the Sandy Eggo market and Oakland could move there and take away long time Chorgers fans from SD and a lot of LA fans would become fans of a team about an hour south.

He would dilute the fuck out of the chorgers brand even more
>>
>>65033707
Okies are retarded.
They're basically the American equivalent of Gypsies.
>>
Why don't they just send the RAIDERS home?

Giants, Jets and Eagles all play within 100 miles of each other

SoCal has more people than that. Why can't they just send them home?
>>
>>65033760
Chargers fans are go into stick with the team when the move to LA. It was like when the Boston Patriots moved to Foxborough. It's only an hour way. They're still the same team
>>
>>65028012
At the end of the day, what's the difference between a team getting relegated a few times because they don't have the resources to compete and a team relocating?
>>
>>65033796
spite for Al Davis' family ever moving them and fucking the NFL out of the LA Market
>>
>>65033798
Actually a huge number of fans are pissied. I've seen some polls at around 40-50% saying they won't follow the team anymore
>>
>>65033647
>San Diego
>Anglo
here's your (You)
>>
>>65033798
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/polls/2015/dec/if-chargers-left-town-could-you-embrace-another-nf/
>>
>>65033894
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/polls/2015/dec/if-chargers-move-will-you-still-watch-their-games-/
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/polls/2015/dec/do-you-think-chargers-owe-san-diego-apology/
>>
This is why I'm not a fan of NFL team any more. My team moved years ago and some fake ass plastic expansion team moved in. Not going to root for them thats for sure. I'm more privy to soccer. I feel better knowing they will NEVER move even if they are an ocean away at least I know they will always be there for me.
>>
>>65032228

nfl's a non-profit, bro

check your privilege
>>
>>65033647
B-but San Diego means "Saint Diego" And Diego is a common Mexican name. It's like our version of Saint. Paul
>>
>>65033894
>>65033914
http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2015/2/7/7998759/poll-would-you-still-be-a-fan-of-the-los-angeles-chargers
http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2015/8/21/9189919/would-you-root-for-the-san-diego-raiders-over-the-los-angeles-chargers
>>
>>65033926
Houston fan?
>>
>amerifranchises
>>
>>65033987
Oilers fan.
>>
San Diego is a beautiful city full of garbage people
>>
>>65033936
The NFL is an organization
It's like saying your neighborhood is non profit
Sure but everyone in the neighborhood is trying to make as much money as possible
>>
File: laguna_beach.jpg (830KB, 1200x784px) Image search: [Google]
laguna_beach.jpg
830KB, 1200x784px
>>65027690
>>65028599
lol at SD for being so salty about losing a team they're not willing to pay for.

>hurrr spanos should pay for a stadium
why? carson will pay for a stadium. also no other owners pay for stadiums.
>hurrr nobody in LA/OC wants them
well i live in OC and i'm stoked their moving
>hurrr but we're so loyal when they have record-breaking RBs and make the playoffs 10 years ago
but then you're shitty fans all the rest of the time like for the poor padres (who i also like).

fucking lol. thanks for your team.
>>
File: 1443031779498.png (65KB, 534x629px) Image search: [Google]
1443031779498.png
65KB, 534x629px
>>65027690
>tfw I go to oakland to watch one game a year
>now I can do it within 8 miles away from me
>no raiders v rams game in la for another 7 years in LA(next will be in raider's home)
>tfw only one black sunday against the chargers per year
I hate you spanos

I don't see the money for the chargers if they move to LA

they don't have fans anywhere in LA not even in Anaheim , FUCKING ANAHEIM
>>
If the Chargers go to LA then San Francisco - Oakland can finally unite together and fuck LA together
>>
>>65029071
literally only the big cities are like that, the truth is in rural/smaller cities you get normal human beings
>>
>>65029675
Not really

Oakland native for 25 years , I never saw the raiders as a oakland exclusive team because they were in LA for a significant part of their history and had a better winning season in their era than the rams in LA(not Anaheim)

I read on twitter that people call them the california raiders and I support it

raiders to me show a part of California culture good and bad and mexican
>>
>>65028005
Laughed way harder than I should have
>>
>>65035239
>normal human beings
You mean dumb hicks
>>
>>65035213
Oakland is closer to LA like how San Diego is closer to SF
>>
>>65035434
culturally*
>>
*San DEE-AYGO Super CHARGERS*
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.