[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Matt Ryan get so much respect? Dude has never hit a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 4

File: MattRyan.jpg (45KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
MattRyan.jpg
45KB, 600x400px
Why does Matt Ryan get so much respect? Dude has never hit a 100 QB rating for a season. He's got one playoff win. All of this while playing with great weapons like Julio Jones, Roddy White, and Tony Gonzalez throughout his career.
>>
aesthetic, tall, white "classic" QB
>>
Same goes for Romo.
>>
Because he's white, if he was a nig all of /sp/ would have realized long ago he's an overrated shitter
>>
He doesn't
Also Roddy White sucks dick
>>
>>64738405
Roddy White's old but he hasn't sucked for most of his career, which was spent mostly with Matt Ryan
>>
Who dat.
>>
>>64738385
>>64738394
this
>>
>>64738420
This desu. Hardly ever can get by the Saints.
>>
Name 10 QBs better than Matt Ryan
>>
>>64738444

Brady Cam Russ Palmer Rodgers Ben Brees Romo (healthy) Eli Rivers

Prob would take a healthy Luck. And some of the young QBs like Carr at this rate.
>>
>>64738517
What if I said 1/10th of Brees is better than Ryan?
>>
>>64738517
>Brady
Yep
>Cam
it's funny but if you said that last year people would've laughed at you
>Russ
Nope
>Palmer
you'd rather have Palmer at the helm than Matt Ryan?
>Rodgers Ben Brees Romo (healthy)
Yep, maybe a tie with Romo
>Eli
Nope
>Rivers
Tie
>>
he's never had a good offensive line yet has still put up impressive numbers. his 4th quarter comebacks are god tier. it's not his fault Harry Douglas dropped a pass that hit him in the chest in the nfc championship, which would have sealed that game. not saying the Falcons would have won that super bowl but it took the defense shitting the bed to lose it. of course I blame mike smith for playing John Abraham in a pointless week 17 game against the bucs when we had #1 locked up. he fucked up his ankle and didn't do shit in the playoffs.
>>
>>64738378

Anyone else has 31 game winning drives in their first 8 seasons?
>>
>>64738607
"Never"? He had the 9th best pass protection just this year. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

last year it was 11th. The year before that it was 7th.
>>
>>64738635
why are falcons fans so quick to bring up "game winning drives" but when you bring up his lack of success in the playoffs suddenly football is a team sport
>>
He's just Sexy Rexy with a real good receiver
>>
File: feelcons2.jpg (9KB, 222x249px) Image search: [Google]
feelcons2.jpg
9KB, 222x249px
>tfw Matt Ryan is the nicest guy I ever met

>tfw I met Cam too and he was kindof an asshole for no reason
>>
>>64738706
obvious lie
>>
>>64738636

>"Never"? He had the 9th best pass protection just this year. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Adjusted sack rate rankings don't quantify pressures. Matt Ryan is damn good at airing it out to avoid the sack.
>>
>>64738737
truth is that every fan thinks their team could use some work on the Oline. What stats there are show Ryan's not getting sacked more than anybody else.
>>
>>64738774

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/01/08/2014-pff-offensive-line-rankings/

30th in 2013, 26th in 2014. Any other questions? Or have you never seen an Atlanta Falcons game featuring Matt Ryan?
>>
>>64738810
I thought pretty much everybody recognized PFF as trash, but if you want to play that game

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/11/04/ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-entering-week-9/
>3. Atlanta Falcons
>>
>>64738825

Hey didn't we start 5-0 and finish 8-8? Oh yeah, we were 6-2 going into week 9 and then went 2-6. Excellent evidence.

The NFC East has some excellent pass rushing teams!
>>
>>64738874
>5-0
>week 9
but as stated above, PFF is trash. Pretty sad you gotta hang your hat on the worst analytic site just to defend your shit QB
>>
gonzalez/juio babby
>>
>>64738888
ryan is solid. he's romo/flacco/ryan tier.
>>
>>64738888

As I said, we were 6-2 entering week 9. We had a cupcake schedule. If PFF is flawed then by all means use Football Outsiders, but find a ranking that isn't based on one stat.

As I said, Matt Ryan can get rid of the ball when a sack is imminent.

Not mad though. I personally think he needs to go.
>>
>>64738931
adjusting sacks allowed is a perfectly fine measure for grading an Oline. PFF factors in subjective bullshit. Like I said everyone thinks they have the worst Oline in the league because there's a dirth of stats to back them up.
>>
>>64738558
>Russell Wilson
>not better
>Eli
>has two rings
>elite during postseason
>>
>>64738963

Sigh. No it's not a fine stay if, and I'll say this for the 3rd time, your quarterback is very good at avoiding sacks by throwing incompletions.

Find out how many pressures he had in 2015. That's your most telling, singular statistic.
>>
>>64738558
>Palmer
>not better than Ryan

Add in Bottles, Carr, Bridgewater and Tyrod Taylor to that list
>>
>>64738558
Every single one of those QBs would live to have the receivers Atlanta has
Face it Ryan is a shitter
>>
>>64738385
>>64738399
lame.

if any of you play fantasy football youd realize ryan is a top 10 qb every year

which black qb's other than newton are that
>>
File: 1978562789.jpg (311KB, 780x721px) Image search: [Google]
1978562789.jpg
311KB, 780x721px
>>64739951
>being a fantasy statbabby
>>
>>64739951
According to FF points Blake Bortles was the best QB this year.
>>
>>64739987
Ok, so he did pretty fucking well then?
>>
>>64739236

He had Julio, Roddy, and Tony for 3 years. The first was Julio playing as a rookie in a shortened, lockout offseason. That was 2011. 2013 was injuries galore. 2012 was the one year we did anything. That was when Julio wasn't a rookie and had a full offseason to learn and prepared and we weren't playing musical chairs with the offensive line. That was also Michael Turners worse and final year in the NFL. Harry Douglas did fuck all as usual.

He gets one more year before we have to move on; a post June 1 cut next year is a favorable dead cap situation. I think the Falcons should take a chance on Cardale Jones if he's there in the 2nd as a blackup.

We may have just had the steal of the 2015 draft in Justin Hardy. He is going to be a very good receiver. We can't let him and Julio and Devonta and, gasp, Tamme go to waste.
>>
>>64738378
He doesn't.......he's never been considered elite.
Also, with a 99.1 rating and saying he's "never hit 100 QB rating for a season", you're right, but you're being a dick.
>>
>>64738517
>>64738558
>tfw everybody forgot Andy Dalton fucked in the NFL in the ass this season.....
>>
>>64740852
>fucked the NFL*
Sorry, I am foreign.
>>
>>64740837
with his weapons he should have hit that at least once. Come on now
>>
>>64740902
>99.1 rating.
>WHY NOT 100????!!!
>Canadian
>Thinking opinion matters
Again, you're being a dick.
>>
>>64738412
Roddy white sucked ass before Ryan. Now he is old and not the number 1 target and sucks ass again. Ryan and being the only good WR (other talent was at TE and RB, leaving him able to be primarily a deep threat) made his career, he was never even a top 10 in terms of ability.
>>
>>64741374
he sucked for one season, his rookie year. He admits that he didn't work as hard that year. Every other year until he got old he was one of the best WRs in the league
>>
>>64741480
Actually 2. And his stats this year were still better than his 2 years prior to Ryan.
>>
Does he get respect? I don't know since I don't follow that irrelevant division. Doesn't he only get compared to the likes of Joe Flacco? baka
>>
>>64739951
>if any of you play fantasy football youd realize ryan is a top 10 qb every year

kek
>>
>>64740902

I literally just said he had a 3 year window with those "weapons". 2013 was a disaster with all the injuries, including Julio. In 2012, Ryan delivered.

He's still done damn good with Roddy's decline, Julio's emergence, Tony's retirement.

Same guy that took the Falcons to the playoffs in his rookie year with fucking Roddy White, Michael Jenkins, and Brian Finneran as his receivers. Practically the same team that Pettrino ran into the ground and Vick left a year earlier.
>>
>>64738378
>He's got one playoff win
>choked a 27-7 lead away in the 4th and would've lost if Seattle had actually played in the first half
Juliobabby a shit
>>
>>64738378

>Why does Matt Ryan get so much respect?

Nobody has ever said that. He's just good enough to not lose his job. He's about as average as you can get.
>>
>>64743391
Normally when a QB is super average they get questioned even in good seasons like Andy Dalton or they get outright benched like Chad Pennington or Jason Campbell. But Ryan has nuthuggers that insist he's a top ten QB
>>
File: Flacco IS elite.png (385KB, 650x632px) Image search: [Google]
Flacco IS elite.png
385KB, 650x632px
>>64738378
I really, really like this thread
>>
>>64738635

Luck will
>>
>>64738394
>Same goes for Romo.
but only cowfags actually give Romo respect.
everyone else knows he sucks.
>>
>>64738706
>lying on an anonymous image board

why?
>>
>>64738706
>Ryan
>From Boston
>Nice
>>
>>64752846
he's from PA, he went to college in boston
>>
Why is Tony Gonzalez remembered as a fucking Falcon when he only played there for 4 years? He played at KC for 12.
>>
>>64738636
It sounds to me like you don't watch the Falcons play. You can't just Google stats and become an expert on football.
>>
>>64764036
Because no one gives a fuck about the Chefs
>>
>>64738635
>being down 31 times
>impressive
>>
>>64765382
Do you remember how bad this team was when he was drafted?
>>
>>64765615
>Falcons with Vick in the playoffs 2-2
>Falcons with Ryan in the playoffs 1-4
>>
>>64765257
BUT MUH MADDEN RATINGS. MUH PASSER RATING. THIS PASS WAS ONLY WORTH 0.6 MADE UP PASSING POINTS THIS IS TOTALLY A LEGIT STAT I SWEAR. THE FALCONS O-LINE LAST YEAR WAS TOP 10 IN THE LEAGUE
>>
>>64765669
Vick was a meme though.
Took the league a few years to adjust to Black meme QBs. After they adjusted Vick became pretty mediocre for the rest of his career.

He had one decent season on the iggles after getting out of prison, and thats it.
>>
>>64738378
didnt he go 14-2 one year?

and he never gets DUIs or anything
>>
>>64765669
Okay. I seem to remember a major event somewhere in the middle of that that left the franchise in a pretty shitty spot with no coach and players leaving.
>>
>>64765736
Sure, but Ryan isn't an improvement, he's just a different kind of meme, a stats meme if you will.
>>
>>64765669
Kek, THIS is why Matt Ryan is held up as some godlike quarterback.

Atlanta fans, especially white Atlanta fans, are too ashamed to admit that Vick was the best thing ever to happen to their shitheap team.
>>
>itt: butthurt ratbird fans trying to make flacco look good
Matt Ryan intact ACLs: 2
Joe Flacco intact ACLs: 1
Checkmate
>>
>>64765761
You're retarded if you think Vick isn't appreciated here in Atlanta. I doubt you've even set foot in Georgia either
>>
>>64738378
desu
>>
>>64738726
>>64752792

Actually not a lie. Lying on the internet is dumb but posting my picture with him as proof is probably the dumbest thing I could do right now.
>>
>>64738378
He was a high draft pick who played relatively well early on.
>>
>>64767159
He's had consistent stats throughout his career until this year...
>>
>>64738378
You need to win a playoff game. You have a bad defense and an awful run game. Pick one qb and one receiving corps who have been to the playoffs but won one or fewer playoff games.

QB:
Matt Ryan
Andy Dalton
Cam Newton
Kirk Cousins
Matt Stafford
Alex Smith

Receivers and TE:
Falcons
Bengals
Panthers
Redskins
Lions (megatron still hasnt quit)
Chiefs
>>
>>64738378
Matt Ryan is a good quarterback and I can tell that by the eye test. I honestly believe /sp/ would have shit on john elway harder than any other QB if /sp/ was created in the 80s.

there would have been nonstop 0-3 sb record posts any time people tried to praise elway. and anytime there is a good QB getting shit on by /sp/ i think of elway. Newton when he lost his playoff game? shit on by /sp/. Rodgers before he won his owl? shit on by /sp/. Wilson before he won his owl? shit on by /sp/. Luck before he won a playoff game? shit on by /sp/

it's easy to say ryan isn't a good QB in a year where the falcons don't make the playoffs. but honestly the nfl is so unpredictable that ryan next year could throw for 50 tds and the falcons could win 14 games.

I'm not a falcons fan btw.
>>
Imo he gets less respect than he should. He's been the one stable piece in that organization lately. He was drafted after the Petrino and and Vick fiascos when the team was in a tailspin, and has been extremely consistent through an ever changing O-line and a defense which has been pretty shit. Theres a reason hes had so many "game winning drives" and its because the D has never been able to hold a lead. People talk about his offensive weapons, but I challenge someone to name a defensive player that was above average in their time in ATL (which excludes abraham). Hes never been "elite" but hes been top 10-ish his entire career while the rest of his team COLLECTIVELY has been bottom 10-ish.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.