[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why cricket is popular than baseball in the world? I think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (31KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 512x288px
Why cricket is popular than baseball in the world?
I think baseball is much fun.
>>
When you appeal to the third world shitholes such as india, pakistan, and austrailia you generate a large number of people who play the game.
>>
>>64694183
Because India has a billion people.
>>
>>64694183

Cricket and baseball are pretty similar from an outsider's perspective desu. Slow, "boring" bat-and-ball games with weird rules that only a certain segment of the global population cares about. We just like baseball because it's part of our culture, I'm sure if I grew up in Australia I'd think that cricket was great and that baseball was boring as hell.
>>
>>64694183
>Why cricket is popular than baseball in the world?

Cricket was spread by the largest empire in human history. So everywhere the British went (Africa, South Asia, Australia), cricket got some kind of foothold. Baseball was spread by the US, so it's limited to North America, East Asia, Central America, and the Caribbean.
>>
>>64694183
Because cricket was spread by Britain to her colonies whereas America had none because it is a failed superpower.
>>
>>64694377
t. Muhammad Abdul Al-Jafar
>>
>>64694415
Good banter as well as cricket never reached America.
>>
>>64694377
>Because cricket was spread by Britain to her colonies whereas America had none

Not really true, it's just that by the time the US really got interested in the empire business all the good colonial territory was already taken. The US did have Puerto Rico, Cuba, and the Philippines as colonies, and baseball is still popular in all 3 countries. It's also the most popular sport in Japan, Venezuela, the Dominican Republic, South Korea and Taiwan, and the #2 sport in most of Central America.

>Good banter as well as cricket never reached America.

Cricket was fairly popular in the US in the early 19th century. The first cricket match was actually played here all the way back in 1840, Canada brought all of its best players and beat some guys from local clubs in Philly in Boston. Baseball overtook it after the Civil War and cricket gradually faded into irrelevance (partially because cricket was seen as overly aristocratic back then).
>>
>>64694562
I don't give a shit mate.
>>
>>64694610

:(
>>
Pesäpallo > beisbol > shittingstreetball
>>
File: 1447968133562.webm (2MB, 1066x576px) Image search: [Google]
1447968133562.webm
2MB, 1066x576px
>>
>>64694183
Cricket is such a shitty sport that even Poo in Loos can play competitively. There are no Poo in Loos in any major US sport and they are fucking terrible at soccer. They are the worst athletes in the world yet are good at cricket.
>>
File: third-world-america.jpg (103KB, 635x476px) Image search: [Google]
third-world-america.jpg
103KB, 635x476px
>>64694274
>that flag
>this post
>>
>>64695180
Why the fuck would we give a single fuck about your sports or soccer when it's not played here traditionally? Only games kids grow up playing are cricket, chess and real hockey (not the skating on ice bullshit).
>>
All sports are fun but most of them are no fun to watch
>>
>According to the Laws of Cricket, an appeal is a verbal query, usually in the form of, "How's that?" to an umpire. Since the taking of a wicket is an important event in the game, members of the fielding team often shout this phrase with great enthusiasm, and it has transmuted into the slightly abbreviated form, "Howzat?", often with a greatly extended final syllable. Sometimes the second syllable is omitted entirely, the player emitting an elongated cry of simply "How?"
>>
>>64696415
>(not the skating on ice bullshit)

Oh, they skate on actual shit from bulls?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_peUxE_BKcU
>>
>>64696368
POO
>>
>>64696415
IN THE LOO
>>
File: 1435230593595.jpg (45KB, 618x494px) Image search: [Google]
1435230593595.jpg
45KB, 618x494px
>>64696611
>>64696622
>2016
>spouting last year's memes
>>
>>64694183
it's not
>>
>>64696856
wasnt gandhi like a proto-cosby?
>>
>>64696368
>>64696415
>>64696856
DESIGNATED
>>
>>64694274

>America trying to call anyone third world

Considering your massive:

>Child mortality rates
>Crime
>Healthcare costs
>Illegal immigrant problem
>Waistlines

One would think you would try some better bantz, m8.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.