[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Playing football

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: football.jpg (59KB, 641x445px) Image search: [Google]
football.jpg
59KB, 641x445px
Do any of you /sp/artans play football, like 5 a side, 7 a side, 11 a side?

I played 7 a side with some friends the other day and it was great - I was thinking maybe I should get involved in a 5 a side league or something, was wondering if anyone else had experience of this?

General football playing thread.
>>
ye, i play in a saturday league in the autumn and the spring (no winter shit where i live). there's futsal but i'll only do it if my mates do as well, and they're all busy this winter unfortunately...
5 a side leagues are great, they're quick and normally you get to play two or three 40 minute games. 11 a side games are my favorite but they're only good if you enjoy the atmosphere and if you interact with your teammates well.
>>
>>64663167
i play in a 5-a-side team in the regional league
it doesn't require much dedication, i've seen all kinds of players, from early 20s to late 40s play in it so if you want to get started it shouldn't be too difficult
actually i encourage you to try, it's great fun
>>
>>64663357
>>64663378
>>64663407
>>64663416

Nice

Are you all like 20s? And is it something you turned up to just by yourself?
>>
I don't work there but I do play for Aunt Bessie's works team.

Being hungover, getting lumps kicked out of you by North Hull scroats or East Yorkshire inbred farmhands never loses its appeal.
>>
>>64663167
My friend hates playing large games because the game just becomes long balls from defense to offense instead of play on ground
>>
>>64663951
Yeah 23
I got into soccer during the 06 world cup
Could have gone to a shitty college and played but i kinda just quit.
>>
>>64663951
Literally picking up sample data of different populations for advertisement and big brother control. 4shill and googlecaptcha are more cancerigenous each day
>>
>>64663167
i play in a futsal league with friends and during summer we play almost daily on free fields that are everywhere. idk what I'd do if I didn't have a group of 20 friends tbqh seems awkward to just go play with strangers
>>
Currently playing for my hall's team at university. It's the hall where most Erasmus and other foreign students live, which means we have an interesting international mix. The best thing is how much our players fit their natural stereotypes. We have an Italian striker who is technically gifted but a cheat and a diver with a bad temper, a French midfielder with silky skills who will back out of any challenge, and a few Chinese and Indian players who aren't very good but are absolutely mad for the game. For my own part, I'm technically poor but have great work rate and persistence and occasionally do something surprisingly good (e.g. James Milner).
>>
>>64663167

Played 11 a side for a long time, last year I played in a 5 a side league. This year I got really lazy and just play occasionally with the lads
>>
I played regular football until I was 19. Then I tried with some friends 5 a side/futsal but it's not for me. 7 a side is really much better.
>>
>>64670135

why don't you like futsal? it's the most fun format of football
>>
Was in the national squad up until U19 (Northern Ireland), got hit by a car and broke my femur bone and never went back. Now just play occasionally with mates at the pitches, no teams or anything serious.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.