[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/SUNY/ College thread. Post which SUNY you go to, and maybe a picture.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: campus_map_small.gif (53KB, 450x363px) Image search: [Google]
campus_map_small.gif
53KB, 450x363px
/SUNY/ College thread. Post which SUNY you go to, and maybe a picture.
>>
File: SUNY_Purchase_college.jpg (80KB, 800x496px) Image search: [Google]
SUNY_Purchase_college.jpg
80KB, 800x496px
SUNY Purchase

Consistently ranked in the top 10 for ugliest campus, worst administration/bureaucracy, and worst dorm rooms
>>
>>23223400
Ooo I dropped out of PoorChoice!!!!

Worst campus ever. Went back to the city every weekend. They aren't kidding about the "white" in White Plains.
>>
>>23223241
I went to Stony Brook. I liked that greek life and all that garbage was dead there and all the trash dropped out around sophmore year because they couldnt handle an actual curriculum. But that's just my opinion.
>>
>mfw my mom is forcing me to go to a SUNY college but I'm black and liberal and it's bad to be either of those things in upstate ny.
>mfw I just want to stay in nyc
Who goes to, Fredonia, Plattsburgh, or potsdam? Those are some of my choices
>>
>>23223411
>>23223400
I graduated from SUNY Purchase in 2010. I was supposed to graduate in 2011, but I wanted out of that shithole so bad I overloaded on classes every semester to leave early.
>>
>>23223917
What was so bad about it? I only know that it's hicksville over there
>>
>>23223241
SUNY Purchase is where gay people harass straight people.
>>
>>23223941
PC police control the campus. Mental health services are only there to force students into behavioral contracts. Very insular. If you aren't a Brooklyn hipster or wannabe Williamsburgian, there are very few people to socialize with or activities to participate in.
>>
>>23223913
I'm black and liberal and it's bad to be either of those things in upstate ny.
Oh please, you're not going to be really living upstate. You're going to be in a college campus bubble for at least the first year or two where you will almost definitely see and be with minorities and will definitely see/be with people from nyc.
Shit, you could join the black student union or something. I went to Binghamton and all racial groups (except for white, of course) had huge student groups.
>>
>>23223941
Ugly campus. Absolutely terrible administration, with an excessively large and incompetent bureaucracy for a relatively small school. Prepare to get bogged down in red tape and spend hours waiting on lines and getting shuffled from one building to another. The rooms in the older dorm buildings are terrible too, though the newer dorm buildings and the apartments are actually pretty nice.

What >>23223995 said is true to an extent: Purchase has a very "politically correct" atmosphere and there's certainly no shortage of SJWs there, though it's far from the worst college in that regard. But social life there is very centralized in a few cliques, and if you're not a 2edgy post-post-ironic hipster or a pretentious post-modernist deconstructionist literary artsy type, chances are you won't fit in well. And yes, the mental health program there is horribly exploitative, they claim confidentiality but if you admit to drug use, addiction, suicidal or violent thoughts, etc. they'll squeal on you in a heartbeat.

>>23223967 is exaggerating, most people on campus are straight like anywhere else, but Purchase does have a very visible LGBT scene. Not as much as New Paltz, but it's probably a close second or third as far as SUNY schools go.
>>
>>23224068
I suppose that calmed my worries a little it. Thanks Anon.
>>23224130
That sounds unbearable tbqh. I'm a socially awkward nerd that can't even carry a conversation. Good thing I didn't apply.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.