[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Austhread: 'Straya Day Edition You know the drill

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 2

File: bestcountry.jpg (34KB, 422x348px) Image search: [Google]
bestcountry.jpg
34KB, 422x348px
>Austhread: 'Straya Day Edition

You know the drill /soc/aus

>Age/sex/postcode
>what you're looking for (hang out, drink, drugs, sex, etc. Whatever floats your boat)
>Bonus Question: How was your Australia Day?
>>
Fuck it
22/m/6714 (currently)
On a FIFO roster while all my friends party. It's pretty fuckin lonely

Any girls out there that want to kik or hang?

Kik is lavalavalavalamp
>>
24/m/2540
Looking to hang out with someone, or whatever.
'straya day was alright, saw some of my mates in sydney and now im back here.
>>
starting a tiynchat up for when all the faggots decide to get back from the foreshore/river or wherever the fireworks are in your state.

.com/australiaday2016

All Aussie music all night.
All australians get mod.
>>
fuark an hour left in straya day but whatever

4053/m/20

>apparently I'm in debt to centrelink because I took a leave of absence for a few months in 2014 and didn't tell them I wasn't studying
>don't even know how much I owe

well shit if I wanted a job for better internet and an oculus rift before, I sure as shit need one now. Been wanting to get off benefits for a while anyway, don't want to deal with centrelink ever again.

Anyone worked for Pizza Hut/Domino's as a pizza maker before? I don't have a licence so it's kind of certain if I get hired by those places that's what I'll do.

Plus, I reckon I can squeeze in full-time or at least part-time work hours over the week with school and still pull it off.
>>
Fuck triple J bunch of poofta cunts
top 10 was shit.
top 3 were fucking awful
and why the fuck was there a metal song in top 50.
>>
What's cracking?

27/M/4128

Just started playing Rocket League. Not bad/10
>>
>>23220120
Hey fuck you, buddy. Troldhaugen are amazing.
>>
>>23220190

Rocket league is great. Conceptually simple but hard to master
>>
35/m/canberra (southside but anywhere near canberra really)

Looking to hang out/chill/fuck/whatever really. Open minded about who with. Been single again for a bit over a year and still really enjoying it lol :)
>>
>tfw can't find a qt trap bf/gf in SA
>>
21/M/6169
Just lookin for hangs and shit, who knows
Did the most 'straya thing and got drunk/high by a pool
Kik: Bearded_hawk
>>
Sup austhread.

Bored and in a bad mood.
>>
>>23224297
I'm also bored, let's hear it.
>>
23/m/2617

any ladies want to hang/drink/smoke/whatever?
>>
>>23224649
Eh, it's a long story to tell with enough detail for anyone else to understand what's happening.

Basically the girl I was seeing at the end of last year has gone weirdly quiet on me. Haven't seen her in a few weeks, and the last two weeks I haven't even managed to get more than the odd message out of her, though the few I have gotten were, I don't know how to describe it, happy to hear from me (?) I guess. She's either super busy or super bored of me but I doubt I'd get a satisfactory reason for her lack of communication even if I asked.

So feeling neglected.
>>
>>23224861
I know how you feel man. I caught the feels pretty hard for this girl, the thing is, she's polyamorous, and the fiancé doesn't really like me, no surprise. So she's trying to juggle the two of us, and I end up feeling a bit neglected myself.
>>
21/M/2095 here
>>
>>23224873
Polyamoury is a trap bra, don't fall for it. Don't be like her fiance.

I'm feeling particularly annoyed because we made tentative plans last week to do something on the weekend, but on the weekend she didn't even respond to me about going out. I was going to say fuck it and wait for her to come to me, but I heard earlier that some extended family will be in town tomorrow which means I'll be definitely expected to turn up to a dinner somewhere, and that'd just go down a lot smoother if I could bring a date rather than endure the questions of why I didn't bring a date. Torn as to whether I should try and prod her into talking to me so that I can bring up the topic of dinner, or stick to my guns and keep up my silence.

Also she's got some shit of mine that I want back even if she has decided that she's bored of me.
>>
Eh, I think it can work, I got others as well. But this girl's pretty neat.
In my experience, keeping up the silence doesn't work. I'd try to get her to talk, but maybe not about the dinner, maybe see where you stand with each other. Because she sounds flaky as fuck.
>>
Anyone selling weed in Newcastle? :/
>>
>>23224909
Works better if everyone involved is truthfully poly.

Fuck it. I'm going to text her after I make dinner. She's the one who sought me out and started something up between us, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt on being flaky this one time.
>>
>>23224952
That's true.
That's the spirit man.
>>
24/f/north sydney

Just keen for a chat/entertainment :)
>>
>>23224944
lmao i need some over in marsfield, havent been able to get any for about a month.
>>
>>23224997
I'm not in NSW, but I'm bored and I'd be happy to chat.
>>
>>23224997
elaborate on what it takes to entertain and amuse o femanon of the north
>>
>>23225010
>>23225026

No idea :( i guess if i knew i wouldnt need others to entertain me
>>
>>23225035
What would you want to talk about? What did you do today?
>>
>>23225042
I worked. Heaps of funnn.
You?
>>
>>23225061
I looked for work. I had funnn too. Luckily the interviewer was in my year at school. So I might have a chance.
>>
>>23225061
What's work for you?
>>
>>23225063
I am a P.A for a solicitor, not as fun as it sounds even if it sounds really boring haha. Hope you get it :)
>>
>>23225091
Thanks, it's been a rough time without work.
So, what are you into?
>>
>>23224958
How autisitic am I allowed to be if I don't get a response from her at all?
>>
>>23219973
21/male/2500

Not really looking for anything. Just curious about how many people from Wollongong or close actually use 4chan.

Australia day involved me avoiding drunken bogans, darting out with friends to watch the fireworks, and going back to a mate's place to hang out.

I'm here for a little. Anyone need Centrelink advice? I work there.
>>
>>23225192
I'd give it until tomorrow then go full autismo.
>>
>>23225215
Sweet. Gunna go talk to another girl on Facebook. I'm dubbing her 'plan b'.
>>
>>23225226
That's a good idea. If she doesn't respond then just consider yourself 'on a break' or in a open relationship and chat to a few other girls..everyone should always have a plan b
>>
>>23225206
yeah i have a question

i reported on tuesday and youse cunts didn't pay me today. are youse gunna do it tomorrow? i assume it was cos of ausday. i haven't eaten in 31 hours thanks to you cunts
>>
>>23225206
How do i get centrelink when i am perfectly fine in every way.
Loving family and home, in uni.

But having no money is driving me crazy and i cant go back to mcdonalds.
>>
Brisfriend here always up for potentially meeting strangers from the internet and getting murdered.
>>
File: 1373673131334.gif (169KB, 272x200px) Image search: [Google]
1373673131334.gif
169KB, 272x200px
Hi guys, few questions for Australian people!

Basically I was born in Australia, my parents moved there for a job with my older brother, and then moved back to the UK after a few months. I've since lost my citizenship with Australia and I'm a British citizen now. However my parents were on permanent residence visas so I can qualify for citizenship (after a lot of forms and waiting) so I'll have dual nationality.

I plan to return to Sydney (Where I was born, Hornsby area) for a few months at some point and live there for a bit, so questions!

Whats the job market like? When I head there I should have a uni degree in History & War Studies (which I understand is pretty useless) but I've worked in retail for over 3 years and I've got bar experience also, but I understand there's some test you have to take to work in a bar? some license you need?
How expensive is it? I've heard it's pricey, but how is it for living?
Is it just sunny all the time forever, best we get here is like MAYBE 30C, apparently it was 40C or so when I was born
Crime rate?
Do girls like the English accent?
A very open ended question - what is there in terms of leisure?

I'm also expecting a load of hate for these questions for some reason, but anything that would prepare me would be cool. I left as a baby when I was 6 months old so I have no idea on what it was like. I'm going 25 next week.
Thanks!
>>
>>23228492
>Whats the job market like? When I head there I should have a uni degree in History & War Studies (which I understand is pretty useless) but I've worked in retail for over 3 years and I've got bar experience also, but I understand there's some test you have to take to work in a bar? some license you need?

As far as I know to work in a bar you only need an RSA certificate (responsible service of alcohol) and you can literally get them online for $20.

>Is it just sunny all the time forever, best we get here is like MAYBE 30C, apparently it was 40C or so when I was born

No.Rains about 35% of the days in a year. The height of summer for maybe 4-6 weeks you can see daily temps in excess of 30C but 40C is rare in the coastal cities without a freak weather event like a heat wave. Winter will probably be a breeze for a brit, very rarely it'll get below freezing overnight but the worst effect is a bit of frost on the windscreen of your car if it's outside overnight. Any car you buy here will have no problems running year round on the same oil/coolant combination. During the day the winter tops are usually in the 15C-20C range depending on sunlight.

>Do girls like the English accent?

Yes.

>A very open ended question - what is there in terms of leisure?

Very normal city kind of stuff. Bars, restaurants, cafes, ice skating, museums, cinemas, whatever you want to do. As far as things go Australia is fairly affluent and as such there are tonnes of leisure vendors with all sorts of activities on offer to sate our need for stimulation to drive off the despair associated with deep existential questions that arise when you spend too much time engaged in navel-gazing.

Sydney also hosts and is near to some of the better beaches in Australia, if you're in to that.

Near enough to the snow fields for skiing during winter if you are into that too. Not sure how our snow fields compare to Europe's but you have to make do.
>>
>>23225091
I worked on Ausday, it was awful.

The pay wasn't awful though.

North shore here, 25/m
>>
>>23228538
Thanks man!

Oh that does remind me, an obvious thing we hear a lot.

From animals - mainly snakes and spiders - how likely are you to die from one? I've heard it's just a massive misconception, and that like, yeah they can kill you, but only if you're stupid enough to let yourself get killed
>>
>>23228492
>Whats the job market like?
With bar tending and retail experience you should be able to get a job fairly easily. Bar tending might be easier to get into. Watch out for low wages; lots of places exploit backpackers for cheap labour. Look up the award rates for whatever industry you want to work in to see what the minimum wage is.
You need an RSA to work in places that serve alcohol, which you can do online. The cost depends on which site you use. I did mine with Australian Training Solutions which cost $95, which I think is on the cheap end. After completing the course online you go to a post office to apply for your photocard but you can use the certificate they send you by email in the meantime. The card lasts about 5 years so it's worth getting for a permanent resident but less so for a backpacker.

>How expensive is it?
Sydney is VERY expensive. However, as long as you don't get exploited, you should be able to get a decent wage with your experience. I recommend doing a lot of home cooking if you're concerned about money.

>Is it just sunny all the time forever
No, but much sunnier than England I'm guessing. At the moment our weather is pretty crazy. 30 degrees and humid one minute, wild storm the next. I'd recommend preparing for all sorts of weather. As a general guide for Sydney: it doesnt go lower than 10 degrees or higher than 40 and it doesnt snow. Also sunscreen is a necessity, especially if you're white.

>Crime rate?
Crime rate: pretty low. Generally the more expensive the area, the lower the crime rate.

>Do girls like the English accent?
Plenty do, I guess.

>what is there in terms of leisure?
Bars and clubs, shopping, beaches, concerts and shows... Depends on what you like really.
>>
>>23228592
You'll be fine.

Don't stick your hands down into spaces where spiders might have made their nests without first checking to see if anything venomous is living in there. Most of the snakes that you'll see in suburbia are harmless in terms of the threat they pose to humans. Don't fuck with snakes, don't get bitten by spiders, it's not very hard.

If you like to go camping/hiking you'll run into more dangerous snakes and spiders but the same rules apply. Only very few snake/spider species are actively aggressive and won't do shit to you if you don't provoke them.

See a snake? Walk the other way. That snake is in your yard? Call a snake catcher and have it relocated. See a spider? Kill it or don't touch it. Get bitten? Call an ambulance. Shit's free and you're better off spending a day in hospital being told that the snake didn't actually envenomate you than you are dying of a painful variety of venom.
>>
>>23228592
As long as you don't wear thongs in the bush or put your fingers underneath bin/pot plant rims without looking you'll be fine lol
>>
>>23228592
Basically, imagine one day you saw a massive fucking alien cunt in your backyard with tentacles and sharp teeth and shit.

Would you
a. Run away/stay still and hope it doesn't see you
b. charge at it and try to wreck its shit

Basically how most venomous animals in this country think. Just don't put yourself or the animal in the situation and you'll be okay.

>>23220097
still haven't heard from any of the places I applied to, but I'm keepin my fingers crossed.

Has anyone here completed Undertale on genocide route? I've finished the game Pacifist mode twice now, but Undyne keeps mashing my shit in with full force and no lube.
>>
Are there any qt traps in SA at all?
>>
dead thread is dead?
>>
>>23226226
so get a fucking job you lazy cunt
>>
>>23224297
>>23224649
>>23224861
>>23224873
>>23224873
>>23224894
>>23224909
>>23224952
>>23224958
>>23225192
>>23225215
>>23225226

Getting my autism all geared up and ready to go.

I only need to contain it long enough to not piss her off so she doesn't burn the stuff of mine that's at her place until I can manage to get it out of her.
>>
>>23229784
Good luck bro. If she doesn't have a really good reason for ignoring you (death in the family etc etc) then dump her ass. Better than being some giant pining beta.
>>
Any Melbourne fags wanna chill, get some work done our laptops, maybe watch a movie and casually get intimate? 24 Indian-Australian slim bi male here from the S/E suburbs. Preferably you host or we meet in a public place and work things out for a later date
>>
25/goldcoast/what the fuck ever :)
>>
>>23230497
24/m/goldie

scarnon mateyyyyyyyyyy
>>
Perth bro 25/m
Anyone keen to hang?
>>
>>23230525
just chillin.. whats u after?
>>
27/M/4128

I need something or someone to do. What's cracking?
>>
>>23228061
Noice. 4132 M 27
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.