[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drinking Thread Now Drinking: New Day's Breakfast Magp

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

File: Image125.jpg (86KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Image125.jpg
86KB, 640x480px
Drinking Thread

Now Drinking: New Day's Breakfast Magpie (Black raspberry mead with coffee)

So delicious! Hope other people join in this thread unlike most of my previous attempts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8hZGnnyByc
>>
File: 02-beers-primary-image-12s.png (643KB, 340x462px) Image search: [Google]
02-beers-primary-image-12s.png
643KB, 340x462px
>>
>>23196657

They just release that recently? Wouldn't fully know considering they don't distribute here, unfortunately.
>>
>>23196664
yea its a recent release. It isn't bad. Guiness clone if anything.
>>
Im getting fucked on rasberry absolut vodka mixed with diet coke. LOL.,
Best song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVOqxRG4X24
>>
>>23196680
vodka and coke. Bad times
>>
>>23196673
>Guiness clone

Well, that's a bit of a shame to hear about them. Slightly off topic, I wonder how the big buyout is going to change them (bigger barrel program? more experimental stuff? etc.).

>>23196680

Raspberry vodka and diet coke? That sounds like two things that shouldn't be mixed together. ha But, interesting that raspberry seems to be a common theme tonight. At least for now...
>>
>>23196685
>That sounds like two things that shouldn't be mixed together

It goes nice with soda water or lemonade. Unfortuantely coke is all I have.

It's not bad tho. Similar to cherry coke. But less nice.
>>
>>23196685
WIth their buyout they will be the same for a number of years until the management gets turned around and they bring it corporate minded folks. Hopefully they will remain a solid brewery through it. I really don't know. I live near the brewery and Im in there frequently
>>
Guiness tastes eh anyway
>>
>>23196744
its better than guiness to be honest. But victory at sea is a far superior beer, albeit a porter.
>>
>>23196703

Hm....interesting. I would try this out myself, but I'm not much of a vodka person. If I ever have the opportunity to try it, I will try it.

>>23196706

Well, I mean, for the huge amount they were bought out for, I'd imagine some big developments will unfold within the next year. For example, look at AB Inbev's buyout of Goose Island. It expanded their barrel program, made it possible for them to get their own hop farm, and expanded their distribution footprint across the U.S. Of course, it's plausible there's tons of under the surface stuff most of us don't see that's happening that we won't like. But, as of right now, it looks like AB I. bought GI, gave them a blank check to have fun with, and they won't interfere with their production.

Anyhow, how are all the Sculpin and Victory At Sea variants?
>>
>>23196749
expensive but awesome. The R&D varieties at the tasting rooms are great. In december they have victory at sea day at the brewery. Had some 20 or 30 varieties of it.
>>
>>23196757

Yeah, I saw a picture of all the varieties of VaS and it looked mind-blowing!
>>
File: Snapshot_20160122.jpg (183KB, 1017x719px) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot_20160122.jpg
183KB, 1017x719px
>>23196652
anon! what's your name again? You asked me if I was drinking a Great Lakes beer in the last thread and you were correct! I don't remember what to call you though. pls refresh mi memory
>>
>>23196772

My name is Spencer, from Indianapolis. I thought that was Great Lakes, but wasn't 100% sure. Though, I have no idea what brewery that beer in your hand is from. At first, I thought maybe some Great Divide I've never seen before. But, I highly doubt that's it.
>>
>>23196772
You are cute.
>>
>>23196765
wall painting at one of their tasting rooms
>>
>>23196799

Daaaamn, that's awesome!
>>
>>23196796
great divides yeti, and barrel aged is delicious too
>>
File: 20141130161240560.jpg (3MB, 2988x5312px)
20141130161240560.jpg
3MB, 2988x5312px
>>23196803
this one is wreck alley imperial stout from karl strauss
>>
>>23196804

Nah, can't be. Yeti is an Imperial Stout and has a brown label on it. The print on her bottle says it's an IPA. I've had a lot of the variations of Yeti, but never the BA Yeti.

>>23196805

How's the body on that Imp Stout?
>>
>>23196796
Ahh, now I will not forget! This one I'm drinking now is from Vermont (definitely would not expect you to recognize it). A bit closer to where I'm from. I was considering moving to Indiana for a while. The people there are super chill and friendly. Are most midwesterners like that? Am very curious. People seem to be way more uptight in the Northeast

>>23196797
heh danke anon
>>
>>23196818
I know the label. I was only saying how good that one is from great divide hah. The barrel aged yeti (from everytime I've bought it) is only available in 22oz bombers, maybe on tap if you're lucky.

Body is a bit heavy for an imperial. Its very chocolately and coffee flavored with a bitter dry finish. Its a great balance of malt and hop
>>
>>23196846
Growing up in the midwest and having lived on both coasts I can say that yes the midwest is far more friendly than anywhere else I've been. The east coast is very hard, rigid and by the book. West coast is relaxed, chill, and frustratingly slow at tims.
>>
>>23196846

Good to hear! What's your name? Also, what's the name of that beer?

I can't say that everyone in Indiana/Midwest is super chill and friendly, as I've lived in the same spot my entire life. However, I will say that the majority of people here in Indy are indeed chill, nice, and friendly. If you live good beer and/or Metal, you'll definitely find a lot of like-minded and awesome people that you will become great friends with.

>>23196858

Ah, my bad then. Yeah, I agree that Yeti is a good one from them. Though, I thought the BA Yeti came in 750s? Maybe I'm thinking of BA Hibernation. Not sure.
>>
>>23196961
Maybe it's a 750. I thought it was 22ozs
>>
Now Drinking: Bare Hands' Galaxy Imperial

Decent Imperial IPA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJOTbW9JuWk
>>
File: Barrel-Aged-Yeti-Bottle-NEW-A.jpg (103KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
Barrel-Aged-Yeti-Bottle-NEW-A.jpg
103KB, 450x450px
>>23196974

Things like Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti, etc. are 22 oz. But, the more "important" Bourbon Barrel Aged Yeti comes in a 750, I think.
>>
>>23197013
Ah. Hasn't realized they separated the two
>>
File: Taxmannn.png (584KB, 640x480px)
Taxmannn.png
584KB, 640x480px
Now Drinking: Taxman's Frozen Assets (Belgian-style Milk Stout)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6uTEnfykCs
>>
File: Image144.jpg (49KB, 640x480px)
Image144.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
Shitty pic, but whatever. Who else is alive in here?

Now Drinking: Goose Island's Bourbon County Brand Stout '15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyQI8ih4UoM
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.