[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OKCupid thread.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: okcupid-logo-pgn.png (40KB, 564x577px) Image search: [Google]
okcupid-logo-pgn.png
40KB, 564x577px
OKCupid thread.
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/_Gaston_
Really curious what people think.

I'll be giving critique throughout the thread as well.
>>
>>23151919
>http://www.okcupid.com/profile/_Gaston_
That "You (Yes, You)" is cheesy as hell. Mostly alright though aside.

>>23151793
https://www.okcupid.com/profile/funnamegoeshere

Critique, rate, message, or whatever. I am not putting a photo up so yeah I know about that already.
>>
>>23152694
Huh, the "You (Yes, you) line has actually really worked for me.

Neeways.
If you aren't putting up a photo than why should we bother critiquing your profile?
Without photos you're as good as invisible on the site.
Having a good profile of course helps, but dating is at least initially based on physical attraction.

Anyways.
>not super great at any specific thing
Take this out.
You want to come across as unique.
You may not being super great at any specific thing but you don't have to bring attention to it.

It makes you seem like you aren't passionate about things, because if you had a passion you'd like be good at it.

Take out all the words like "probably". The appearance of confidence is key, and using words like that makes you seem like you aren't sure of yourself.

Same goes for the "I'm at least decent at sports". Just say you like sports and then continue like you did with the sports you play.

I feel like a bit of a hypocrite saying this but you also have far too many things listed for your favorite art mediums. Either prose it in a way so that it's engaging to the reader, or cut it down to a select few.
You have some interesting tastes though which will attract neat people.

>I go on periods where I try to make music all the time, but I always end up realizing it takes way too much time and I'm not good enough to really improvise

You're being way too honest dude.
The point of these profiles is to try and sell yourself as a romantic or sexual interest. Writing things that paints you in a negative/melancholic light is quite counter-intuitive.

>You think I seem alright and would be fine with a date. Really, just message me about whatever even if not. I'm here to maybe get in a relationship but I like talking in general about just about anything.
You sound desperate. Take it out and figure out something else to put here.
>>
>>23152782
You seem like a neat dude, but your profile needs a lot of work.
You obviously need pictures and you need to come across as more sure of yourself.
It's also very dry and a bit boring to read.
I'm not saying it has to be like mine, but give it a flavor, y'know?
>>
>>23152782
Just a response.

That last part wasn't meant to sound desperate. It was meant to sound chill. Conversationalist and all that.

The other parts seem fair and honest.
>>
>>23152823
Not to say that part isn't fair and honest, but its just completely the opposite of what I intended. Instead of sounding desperate it was supposed to sound like I'd just like talking because I like conversations. If it sounds desperate then its completely wrong.

Changing that stuff.
>>
>http://www.okcupid.com/profile/gryphdog

have your way with me
>>
>>23152855
I'd make another one of your pictures your default one desu. The one you have isn't a bad picture, but it's not the first thing you want people to see when they come to your profile because of the angle, poor lighting, and blurriness.

No emoticons. They aren't very attractive.

>I'm also a bit emotionally sensitive
No.
Don't put stuff like this, see what I told the other guy about how much you should be sharing on your profile.
I'm a manic depressive who is currently in a seriously suicidal state, I'm not going around advertising that because I know that mental illness should not be mentioned on a dating site. Even lightly.

>Apparently music
No, just say music. Saying apparently makes you sound like you aren't actually confident in your musician skills.
Confidence is attractive, confidence is key.

>gryphondoor from hairy potter
Whether the misspellings are an intentional joke or not, you should fix that. It isn't really funny, and makes you seem ignorant.

>cultured sense of humor
Don't refer to yourself as cultured.
That's pretentious.

>it's awesome possum
Please don't type like a 14 year old dude.

>friends are very important to me
The way you word this (and several other things in the profile) is very robotic, bland, blunt. Things really need to be prosed a lot differently.

>I've had a somewhat socially rough past
No.

>you feel like having a conversation that doesn't just involve exclusively small talk or passionate intellectual discussion
Not trying to be a grammar nazi, as I myself am now grammar wizard. However, if you want to find somebody to have intellectual discussion with then you need to at least make an attempt at proper grammar and sentence structure.
I initially read that as you want a conversation that doesn't include passionate intellectual conversation.

>you're older than me :) I believe age is just a number after 18, even more so after 21
That's not a bad thing to say, but the way you said it just seems really weird dude
>>
>>23153036
Not trying to be a dick here, but your profile just in general seems really really beta and honestly a bit cringey. You're probably a really really nice guy, but nice doesn't correlate with interesting or attractive.
>>
>>23152855

Your profile is like reading a dating profile parody.
>>
File: For_what_purpose.jpg (25KB, 323x454px) Image search: [Google]
For_what_purpose.jpg
25KB, 323x454px
I don't even know what I'm doing anymore.
>mfw every time I look at my profile
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/LilKittyCatCakes/
>>
>>23153397
Molestation is not funny.
If by some chance you aren't making a terrible joke then that's not something you share on a dating profile.

Your entertainment tastes lists are wayyyyy too fucking long. It's honestly a bit obnoxious.
Cut it down to a select few and don't just make it a boring list.

>The six things I could never do without
Six things. Not 18 trillion.

Other than that the profile isn't bad. It's a bit too LOLSORANDUMB for my tastes, but I can see somebody digging it.

Also, you need more photos. The one you have up isn't flattering. I know that being trans comes with a lot of self image issues (I'm closeted MtF myself, but I'll probably never be able to come out due to professional reasons) but I'm sure you have somebody take some cuter photos of you with better angles, good lighting, and good focus.
>>
File: 5661aaf7e54b2.jpg (880KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
5661aaf7e54b2.jpg
880KB, 800x800px
https://www.okcupid.com/profile/heyidiotdateme
>>
>>23153449
Your pictures have got to go.
Why?
I can't even comprehend why you would think those are acceptable to use on a dating site. They're probably the most unflattering photos I've ever seen on an OKC profile.
This sounds really mean, but it's more constructive than anything. If you want any semblance of success on this site then the photos need to be adjusted and fast.

Your profile is bad as well, very edgy.
Eccentric qt's can get away with that kind of stuff. You can't.

I'd like to think that this profile is all ironic, but I know it likely isn't...
>>
just fuck my shit up senpai

Haven't updated it in like a year.

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/SwallowtailII
>>
>>23153485
First picture is a no.
Please guys, make sure your photos aren't self taken, are in good lighting, have a good angle, and aren't blurry.
It's really not that hard.

>Not good with these
No.
You need to seem confident.
Read what I've written for other people about that.

>I didn't do too well in computer science when I took it
Why do you feel the need to mention this?

>I guess
Read my other critiques for why you don't do this.

>I spend a lot of time thinking about
>Sex
Nope.
Play it subtle bud.

>I've sunk thousands of hours into anime and video games
This is attractive how?
>>
>>23153554
Oh ok, I think I get your approach. I'll go to a PUA website if I want to sell a fake version of my self.
>>
>>23153567
Don't forget to mention you can't take criticism well on your profile, if you want to sell your genuine self!
>>
>>23153567
It's not about being a PUA, it's about not seeming like an insecure kid that nobody would want to date.

I'm no pick-up artist and I'm not asking you to lie about yourself, just asking you to present yourself in an attractive light.
>>
>>23153579
>>23153569
Look, I appreciate the criticism and like I said I'm going to change my profile anyway. I just like to keep the bullshit to a minimum, being in a relationship where I'm having to keep up a facade is much worse than my situation now.
>>
>>23153612
Keeping bullshit to a minimum doesn't include advertising that you're insecure as hell.
Focus on your positive qualities, rather than negative ones.
Do you want success on the site or not?

Also, if your situation is so bad right now do you really think you're ready to be in a relationship?
>>
>>23153612
It's not about bullshitting, it's about not showing your unattractive traits straight away. Not talking about anime is keeping up a facade? If it is, then OkCupid is probably the least of your problems.
>>
>>23153051
reading your comment is like not reading anything at all - it has no meaning - I suggest you point out what exactly you don't think is worth reading because you think it's a joke if that's what you're saying.
>>
I'm heading to bed. I'll do more critiques if more profiles are posted in the morning.
I'd appreciate if more people would do my profile though seeing how I've done everyone in the thread thus far.
>>
Made this new profile as a joke, just send girls one word or marry me and they respond. I have dated two girls off this app, one that was serious, from my old profile, which was all a joke too. Just know how to carry a convo, don't think your profile really matters

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/pizzamajorkey
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Metallikid68/
GIVE IT TO ME!!
>>
>>23154172
> >/mu/ /vg/ /x/ lurk moar

I'm out
>>
r8 me

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/MyNameIsStef

I would return the favor, but if I can't tell how my own is good or not, I don't think I'd be of much use.
>>
>>23154172
No.
>>23154574
Why don't you at least try? Give me YOUR opinion on my profile. It's really not that difficult. Especially if you're wanting the same in return.
All of us want critique on our profiles, including the ones doing the critiquing.

Anywyas.
>Profile name like the Jump Street Joke
Never explain a joke. Makes you sound like you aren't confident enough in your ability to pull it off.
If somebody asks about it, then you can tell them, but never right off the bat.

Also, having that explanation, then the tangeant about you might change it later and whatnot is just filler. Get rid of it. If it's not assisting the rest of your profile in making you seem attractive then it's not necessary.

>my eyes are just low because of genetic defects
Don't fucking put that dude. The eye thing isn't even all that noticeable and probably wouldn't assume genetic condition right off the bat. Don't ever say that something is wrong with you, it's not needed and is counter-intuitive to success on a dating site.

>No idea what that means
Take this out.
Makes you seem like you can't even do a simple Google search.
Why would you broadcast ignorance?

>I have problems with on my own
>I'm quite clumsy
Nope.

Overall your profile is boring, the jokes fall really flat, and makes you seem like you aren't very confident in yourself.

Reread my critiques for other people because I feel like I'm just saying the same things to you guys over and over again.
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/braaaaaaaaaains

The photos have always been the hardest part for me.
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/OVaeVictis

Send help.
>>
>>23155941
You looked at mine, so I looked at yours.

You're a handsome guy who looks like he has a life outdoors, but you need photos with people (like I should talk). You should also smile in at least one of them, but not too much and while looking to the side.

The dragon story is good, makes you seem cute and relatable. Shame that you talk about not being good at things in such a negative way. Either don't mention your skill level or talk about it in a nonchalant manner that shows it doesn't faze you.

Plus, London would be the city I would pick to find dates.
>>
I'd like to join, but I feel like a 21 year old female living in a small town on a dating site seems kind of desperate and silly.

Plus most of my older guy friends have profiles and I know we'd be matched and it'd be kind of embarrassing.

Can I get some opinions or validation?
>>
>>23155818
Photos are terrible.
I know you're aware of it, but it's something that needs to be fixed asap.

>I'm a big guy. For you. No hotheads allowed.
Why...?

>which I call frogurt
>most of your whole profile
lolsorandumb

I wish I could give you better critique, but I'm burned out on this. It's almost like you guys are trying to self sabotage.

>>23155941
Wow, finally a decent profile!
You really present yourself, your interests, and your personality quite well

I'd just recommend you not be so self deprecating. I've found that using that kind of humor is counter-intuitive to success on the site.

Anyways, since this thread is just a bunch of leeches, I'll only be critiquing people who critique my profile from now on.
Give me a critique, and you'll get one in return.
>>
>>23155966
>photos with people

I honestly don't have any, guess I'm fucked. I wish girls would want to date me and not a social circle around me.

>you talk about not being good at things in such a negative way

Yeah, I find it hard to talk positively about hobbies I'm not 100% good at, don't want to be setting up for a lie beforehand or something, so it's a bit tough. I'm not good at this kind of stuff, I've received 0 interest.

>>23155995
If they're there already, then what's the problem? It's just a way of meeting new people and who knows what you may stumble upon. At worst you'll make it, make some small chat and delete it in disappointment.

It can't hurt you at all to try, the way I see it.
>>
>>23156004
I can't say that I have mostly given up on crafting anything close to inviting in my profile, because the photos are the thing that gets people to speak to you. It seemed pointless in trimming the garden when the house is in such disrepair.

So yeah, self-sabotage, but it wasn't any better before.
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/sailthesaltsea

Just made an account a few days ago. All the qts are so far away
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/z_andrew

Honestly I just like the extra traffic, but I'd love to hear any and all opinions!
>>
File: okc.jpg (171KB, 753x870px) Image search: [Google]
okc.jpg
171KB, 753x870px
I'm curious what you guys think of pic.
>>
>>23151919
Anybody?
>>
Thanks
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/dilmurph23
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.