[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One day I'll detonate this fucking planet by introducing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Uranusinside.gif (9KB, 253x176px) Image search: [Google]
Uranusinside.gif
9KB, 253x176px
One day I'll detonate this fucking planet by introducing an array of satellites that harvest sunlight and electrify the atmosphere. Then several dozen oxygen tanks/igniters will be sent straight into this piece of shit.

Discuss the implications /sci/
>>
>>8800115
I'll detonate ur anus first, homo
>>
>>8800120
That isa more probable burn OP
>>
>>8800120
>>8800123
>Thinks this is a joke
Keep laughing, faggots
>>
>>8800115
>He's a madman.
>>
>>8800115
>implications
The vicinity around the oxygen tanks would undergo and explosion, at best causing enough perturbations to cause strong winds and make a pressure front that might lead to a storm in the atmosphere (but most likely not). The oxygen would quickly be used up unless you ship a planet's worth of oxygen and everything would settle rather quickly. The constant electrical input would possibly heat up the atmosphere enough to make some particles escape Uranus' gravity, over time this might be enough to decrease the atmospheric pressure a tiny amount and make some liquid hydrogen evaporate but it would be minuscule.

A more effective means of destroying Uranus would be to have orbital stations that harvest the gaseous atmosphere over centuries to millennia (which is beyond our technology) until there's nothing protecting the hydrogen mantle form solar radiation and its own vapor pressure, (possibly) leading to it slowly evaporating from the planet at least until an equilibrium is made.

Why do you hat this gas planet?
>>
>>8800173
>Electrify atmosphere so that hydrogen separated from oxygen after it reacted
>It would cause chain reaction capable of self sustaining as long as hydrolysis continued
>Fire storms on surface
>One day have sent enough oxygen tanks to make planet essentially 66% hydrogen 33% oxygen
>Planet becomes a quasi sun that will only burn out when solar winds strip it of atmosphere

>Planets near Uranus can now sustain life
>Solar system has 2 intersecting "Goldy locks" zones
>Cherish lyfe
>>
>>8800115
You'd have better luck spinning it so fast that it reaches a point where the inertia on either side is great enough to overcome gravity and it flies apart. Also stop trying to blast apart your anus, homo.
>>
>>8800192
How does one spin a planet?
>>
>>8800203
Well you said you wanted to build a massive laser array right? Theoretically if you targeted one side of the planet you'll start pushing it and cause it to rotate.
>>
>>8800206
I never said that but good thinking, I'll figure out how much a viable laser array will cost and get back to you.
>>
Real Question:
How does this planet have a magnetic field?
>>
>>8800173
The 'core' of the gas giant planets is still debated. They likely have a solid surface at some elevation.
>>
>>8800115
>in my anus there's molten rock inside a bubble of icy water, ammonia and methane
So that's why I feel my ass is on fire whenever I fart.
>>
>>8800115
I want to go inside Uranus ^_-
>>
File: planetary-hat.jpg (84KB, 752x777px) Image search: [Google]
planetary-hat.jpg
84KB, 752x777px
>>8800173
>Why do you hat this planet
Maybe he's a planetary haberdasher?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.