[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could gravitational waves be causing the spirals?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: NGC-1232.jpg (366KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
NGC-1232.jpg
366KB, 1024x1024px
Could gravitational waves be causing the spirals?
>>
>>7853108
Uhhhh... Sure. Let's go with that.
>>
Where are muh mods when you need them.
>>
File: gw.jpg (473KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gw.jpg
473KB, 1920x1080px
>>7853118
>>7853123
Look familiar?
>>
>>7853142
Galaxies have spiral form because they spin and they spin because of momentum, which is something that's dictated by gravity. Gravity is gravitons, therefore yes they cause spirals, but this picture >>7853142 is just a concept of how gravitons travel in space.
>>
>>7853165
>Galaxies have spiral form because they spin and they spin because of momentum

That's wrong though
>>
>>7853169
is it really? I don't read atrophysics books anymore so I might be forgetting something, though how is that wrong?
>>
No. Ignoring the observational evidence it would mean all spirals would have the same pitch of the arms, which they don't.
>>
It's all bullshit. Space exploration is an illusion pushed by NASA and Hollywood.
>>
>>7853174
It's created by compression waves from supernova
>>
>>7853212
isn't that the same? I mean the base mechanism is still gravity and momentum, if they didn't conserve the momentum they gained from whatever external factor then they wouldn't be able to spin. The mass of the galaxy itself also generates gravity that adds to the existing momentum, doesn't it? like a dog trying to chase his tail kinda, that's how I remember it worked at least.
>>
>>7853108
How did gravitational waves cause Marco Rubio to break his teeth on candy?
>>
>>7853240
>>7853212
>>7853174
it's called orbit retard
>>
>>7853108
I appreciate that you tried. Really, I do. You connect dots and think creatively, and it wasn't a dumb question.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.