[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of you were academic failures before you got your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: HABBENING.jpg (31KB, 333x333px) Image search: [Google]
HABBENING.jpg
31KB, 333x333px
How many of you were academic failures before you got your shit together?
>>
>>7852251
me.
>>
Repeated 8th grade and spent the second time around doing drugs n shit. I'm relatively accomplished though considering my previous positions. Research in a physics lab, taught myself calculus in freshman year up to partial differential equations, studied a lot of classical mechanics and other physics cause I liked it.

Those who have faced no adversity do not really know themselves.
>>
>>7852259
Doing drugs is not "facing adversity" you stupid first world fuckwit.
>>
>>7852262

Depression and an identity crisis can lead to drug abuse.
>>
>>7852267
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti
>>
>>7852251
>How many of you were academic failures before you got your shit together?
>implying I have my shit together
>>
>>7852251
I fucked my CS master thesis and am not going for a PhD for now. I intend to pass some math exam to be a math teacher (special french stuff) that will leave me time (because ok salary and lot of free time) to prepare myself and get some shit done and do the best PhD ever.
>>
>>7852267
So can being a fucking faggot.
>>
>>7852251
I was the opposite. I used to be successful before my shit got fucked up.
>>
>>7852251

currently getting my shit together. getting a second B.S in medical technology (current B.S is Biology), to boost my GPA and have more punch on my medschool apps.
>>
I failed my first semester (~10/20 on average, I had to get at least 12/20). Then I started lurking /sci/, and I saw a lot of people talking about elite unis, etc.. It was a source of motivation, I got my shit together and since then I have ~16/20 on average and I'm about to finish my MSc and start a PhD

Thanks /sci/
>>
>>7852251
high school dropout master race
>>
>>7852251
I was a success, then a failure, then a success again.

I did well in high school. My average was mid-90s and I had a reasonably good track record in competitive math.

Then I completely bombed a bunch of easy courses my first year in uni. My average was in the 60s and I failed a couple of courses.

After two semesters of that I realized how hard I was fucking up and I straightened myself out.
>>
>>7852328
TJ, go home.
>>
>>7852378
Yikes

How's unemployment treating you?
>>
>Get hit by depression as I wrap up my bachelors
>Totally fuck up one chance at government funded masters degree

>Have to deal with the fact that I wasn't cut out to be a physicist anyway, I can't do the networking, conference speeches, lecturing students, and reading textbooks all night every night shit.
>Even if I was, I blew my one chance and would now have to take yet another loan and year and then join the hyper competitive phd and grad student train years late fighting all the fresh faced wunderkids with accolades coming out of their ears who all just adore conferences and outreach and other sickly bullshit necessary to make it in science these days.
>Either that or I resign myself to be an underpaid unappreciated lab-monkey that dies alone and unhappy as no woman wants to date a 30+ year old man with no permanent job and shit pay.

So I bailed out and took a code-monkey job where at least the money is good and I have some spare time. Fuck is it boring though.
I also spend my time getting salty at all the eager young kiddies sharing their le freshman physics jokes and thinking they're all going to be the next Einstein.
>>
File: 1454976479516.jpg (18KB, 247x245px) Image search: [Google]
1454976479516.jpg
18KB, 247x245px
>got my shit together
still working on it
failed algebra
>mfw its my favorite subject
>>
>>7852267
>>7852262
That wasn't me. But ya.. The reason I repeated 8th grade the first time was because of really bad depression which caused me to miss a bunch of school and stay for a while in a hospital diversion program thing. I think this was because my parents, who I love dearly, were slightly abusive and my dad would often leave for months randomly. This is not likke some pity story or whatever I'm just telling you what happened, it wasn't me just doing drugs.
>>
>>7852472
Killing yourself is always an option.
>>
>>7852256
this

me too
>>
>>7852472
Depending on your commitments I think you could at least pull a Masters if you were willing to temporarily take some hits but it would certainly be with increased difficulty.
>>
I was the average kid until I was 15, getting mediocre and bad degrees at school. I really didn't care about anything that wasn't related to games.
Then I got interested in all types of science, I love it and I can't believe the things I was missing until I knew "History of time"
>>
In 4th grade I had trouble subtracting decimals smaller than the other involving extensive borrowing of digits, like I was bombing shit in the 30%s. I just graduated with a Math Bachelors Magna Cum Laude.
>>
>>7852485
same here fàm.
>>
File: 1453903359192.jpg (259KB, 706x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1453903359192.jpg
259KB, 706x1024px
2012 drop out of college sophomore year because my major is a sham (finance). Say the markets are fraudulent and government controlled through cohesion with wallstreet frontrunners. The entire system is insolvent. Everybody fucking called me crazy and misguided. Well guess who the fuck didn't lose a shit ton of money in the last 6 months of market bloodbath. I foresaw this bull shit coming to fruition. So I actually took sci's advice and became an industrial electrician. Now my employer is paying for me to get an engineering degree whole collecting a $82k salary. Now that I'm in a degree i believe in and isn't bullshit I am getting the highest marks in all my classes. So fuck all those ppl who told me I'd fail at life when I dropped out.

Tldr; the world is full of naysayers
>>
File: Knowledge.png (522KB, 575x560px) Image search: [Google]
Knowledge.png
522KB, 575x560px
>>7852485
WE FAILED ALGEBRA
>>
File: sample.jpg (95KB, 685x1023px) Image search: [Google]
sample.jpg
95KB, 685x1023px
>1-5 Elementary School 10/10 grades - no studying ever
>6 ES no studying ever - almost failed
>1-3º HS no studying ever - 7/10
>4º Highschool - Studying 1 time before holydays - 6/10
>1º - 2º Bachillerato No studying ever 6/10
>University - Failed devastatingly.
I really liked physics, chemistry and maths though. Sometimes I studied and got 10/10 - 9/10 marks on them.
I guess I was the hare of the tale.
I aim for the recruitment to the army right now.
Wish me luck!
>>
I had to go thru community college and not because I wanted to save money, but because I was a jack ass. My poor teachers.
>>
I was a failure in high school.
>>
>>7853296
Me too, until I had 18 i was always mediocre, missed a lot of classes at school, was sort of like those rebel emo kids. I just didn't like studying for courses I didn't give a shit about, so I lost motivation and always had mediocre grades.

The only thing I wanted to study was something related to electricity, and I knew that electricity involved a lot of math and physics, so after finishing school with shit-tier grades, i began to study for the entrance exams. Now I have failed a few courses, but i'm still okay. I feel like in my first 3 months as a freshman, in calculus and algebra I learned everything that I couldn't learn in 4 years of school. It's weird how a little motivation can totally flip the fucking tables.Actually liking the subjects and how the teachers teach makes a huge change. third year of EE boys
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.