[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sci/, do receding gums ever grow back? google only returns spam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: bleeding-gums.jpg (32KB, 500x235px) Image search: [Google]
bleeding-gums.jpg
32KB, 500x235px
/sci/, do receding gums ever grow back? google only returns spam sites for this query
>>
Yes, after they are healthy again.
>>
>>7849028
Do you know of any papers on this? If not its ok.
>>
>>7849021
>Question that could easily be asked to a dentist
>Question that implies that you have said problem and should go to the dentist, not only to ask, but to get proper examination
>Posts on 4chan to ask random people on the internet

No, receding gums never grow back because they are a sympton of testicular cancer, which means that luckily for us, you will die in 2 months and thus will never propagate your shitt 2 digit IQ genes.
>>
No. I had to have surgery to fix mine. They transplanted some tissue from the roof of my mouth onto my gums. Hurt more than when I got my wisdom teeth out.
>>
>>7849021
>told by dentists all my life that I have receding gums
>turns out I don't have receding gums at all and it is just their tools being used improperly

My last dentist visit they had a new depth gauge tool. I left the dentist with a river of blood coming out of my mouth. I've never been hurt by anything more in my life and I've had more than 1 root canal done. I never have a problem with bleeding gums at home and I can be pretty aggressive while brushing and flossing but holy fuck dentists make me bleed like a river. When cut I've always bled really well, more than what I've seen most other people bleed with a similar injury, but of course it stops bleeding within the proper time.

I think they are just full of shit.
>>
>>7849816
are you fine now ? is the fix only temporary ?
when is it time to do it ? how much does it cost ?
>>
>>7849816
You are retarded if you did that.

>>7849021

There is a product called Genigel that regrows gums. I did it instead of the surgery and it regrew mine.

http://www.amazon.com/Ricerfarma-590661-Gengigel-Gel-20ml/dp/B002K5SWA8
>>
>>7850062
Recovery was a week. I think it's permanent as long as you take care of your gums. I had it done while I was 17. Not sure.
>>7850085
I didn't get a say in the matter, it was done while I was under 18 and still covered by my parents' dental plans.
>>
>>7850641
>I didn't get a say in the matter
> I was under 18

lol Yes, you have a say in the matter. All you have to do is not allow them to do it to you. That's really easy. Tell everyone to fuck off then just keep your mouth shut. Kick the dentist in the nuts if you have to.
>>
>>7850650
It was for my benefit and it was free, now I don't have to worry about paying for it if a problem arose later in my life.
>>
>>7850085
>>There is a product called Genigel that regrows gums.
wow, i am going to order this. how long before seeing the gum growth ?

I heard that putting tea tree oil on your gum helps too, but it tastes awful.
>>
>>7849021
Alright OP, listen to me. Healthy gums are really important. The bleeding is caused by plaque. If you want to stop this you need to visit a dental hygienist that will remove the plaque. After that, you'll have to floss and use special dental picks (they are like tooth picks but the operate more like small brushes) and use an electric tooth brush. If you accumulate too much plaque it will lead to a condition called parodontitis, it basically a constant inflammation of your gums. This inflammation can lead to weakening of the connective tissues between your teeth and your jaw and your teeth can fall out. Take care of your gums properly. Some people accumulate plaque more easily than others and need to take special care.
>>
I've read that by completely cutting carbohydrates out of your diet for a year or so will cause gums to grow back
>>
>>7849021
yeah, I had to remove gums from the same place 2 times (between 2 teeth), but I think that only happens if you have gingivitis like me.
>>
>>7849057
Thank you for a pragmatic answer anon ;_;
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.