[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey guys let's say that somebody finds something like "the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: rtgrerter.jpg (37KB, 589x140px) Image search: [Google]
rtgrerter.jpg
37KB, 589x140px
hey guys

let's say that somebody finds something like "the theory of prime numbers", what kind of monetary rewards could that person expect to receive? could he remain anonymous?
>>
in other words, i did kind of find the theory of primes. i fully understand why they exist but i don't really want to make it public if i won't get paid/have to give up my anonymity. what do i do?
>>
>what are donations
>what is asking to remain anonymous
>>
>>7847494
>the theory of prime numbers
Is that anything like winning algebraic geometry?

Yes, there are many applications for such a thing.
>>
File: wrawe.jpg (37KB, 499x132px) Image search: [Google]
wrawe.jpg
37KB, 499x132px
>>7847513
it's arbitrarily sized "magic" numbers and arithmetic
>>
>>7847499
>i fully understand why they exist
what does this even mean

asking "why do primes exist" is stupid
they exist because of the way we define numbers and divisibility
there's no unsolved questions there
>>
>>7847522
that's weird because they kinda made a big deal out of a 22million digit prime that was found recently, you'd think that there's lots of unresolved questions
>>
>>7847529
What does one have to do with the other?

Anyway, we have this thread every week. OP you don't know shit and you're too stupid to see that you don't know shit. Now fuck off.
>>
>>7847499
>>7847518
Okay, so, at some point I may have told you to, "Use your words." This was obviously a mistake on my part, because English isn't a mathematical language.

Can you try expressing that in a way that doesn't lend itself to five billion or so interpretations? We're not going to stare at your number and suddenly "get it" unless we have a reason to stare at it. Pointing in random directions doesn't make for great discussions of mathematical principles.
>>
>>7847529
Knowing _why_ primes exist doesn't tell you anything about how to find them or how to tell if a number is prime or not
>>
We need more information OP. What do you mean by you "found the theory of prime numbers"?

Answer in an understandable format too, like >>7847532 said.
>>
File: trz5r5rz.jpg (38KB, 498x109px) Image search: [Google]
trz5r5rz.jpg
38KB, 498x109px
>>7847534
actually it explicitly does
>>7847542
i don't know what about "theory of prime numbers" would be so hard to understand. anyways, you guys are a little too mean so just delete this thread i'm leaving
>>
>>7847550
Listen bud, if you claim to have solved what you are hinting at (assuming you are not lying), I would go on the run immediately and find a way to anonymously organize a group of top and trusted cryptographers to figure out a good way to release your discovery to the world.

Make sure you do not tell anyone else, have fun :^)
>>
>>7847566
Not OP, but there's a timeline where I tried that. It didn't go over too well. (Someone actually came back in time to tell me that I die in that timeline.)
>>
>>7847573
Me too but in my alt timeline trump got elected lol!!!
>>
>>7847573
>>7847578
Do you guise ever wonder, like:
>what if I'm the alt timeline?
>>
>>7847494
we go through threads like this every week.

you dont have shit now retard pls go.
>>
>>7847589
EVERY. GODDAMN. DAY.
>>
Yes, you can publish a PGP signed document under a pseudonym and prove it was you at any time using a pgp key.

Of course, you didn't find out anything that matters so yeah
>>
>>7847499
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sieve_of_Eratosthenes
OP is retarded, prove me wrong
>>
>>7847884
If OP actually found the secret key to prime numbers, PGP and all encryption would be worthless.

Which is why we all know he didn't find anything.
>>
There actually are formulas for finding the next prime number. The problem is that they're so complex and unwieldy that even complex supercomputers don't have enough computing power to find them after a certain point and it just becomes easier to find them using other methods.

The real challenge with prime numbers is finding a reliable and economical way to calculate them, not calculating them to begin with since like I said there are several formulas which can already do that.
>>
>>7847494

You get your dick sucked at very least
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.