[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today I just realised something. For a dimension to truly be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (58KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 540x540px
Today I just realised something. For a dimension to truly be a dimension it needs to be perpendicular to all other dimensions. E.g. In 2 dimensions the x coordinate system is perpendicular to the y dimension. In 3 dimensions the z axis is perpendicular to both the x and y axis. Therefore it's not possible to have a system with dimensions greater than 3 because if you add another there's no way for it to be perpendicular to all three other axises. Now where is my Nobel award?
>>
It can be perpendicular with a dimension greater than 3 based on the scalar product you defined.
If P and Q are vectors of a n-dimensional space :

P _|_ Q \equiv <P,Q> = 0 \equiv (P,Q) = Arcos<P,Q>/(Norm(Q)*Norm(P)) = Pi/2
>>
I meant dot product.
>>
>>7845054
you are seriously responding to a troll thread like it's real.
fucking newfags trying to show off.

sage this shit.
>>
Obviously the direction of time is perpendicular to every spatial dimension so you're wrong.
>>
>>7845069
How can you prove that time is 90 degrees away from the x axis?
>>
>>7845074
What do you even know about "x-axis"?
>>
>>7845074
I'm going to pretend you're not a retard and replace the ill-defined "x axis" with any spatial dimension.

If it wasn't perpendicular you could point out to me the direction of time in space, since you can't it's perpendicular to all axes.
>>
>>7845083
So games marketed as being 3D are actually 4d since they encompass the essence of time
>>
>>7845149
if anything they are 3d giving the impression of 4d
>>
>>7845154
Due to 2d visuals plus time?
>>
>>7845156
yeah.
>>
Is the electromagnetic spectrum of energy also a dimension?
You probably couldn't say radio
Waves are distinct from microwaves though since they could potentially influence each other's dimension
>>
>>7845040
Are you questioning the Terminator franchise?
>>
>>7845054
If OP doesn't know the answer to his question, he most certainly doesn't understand anything from your explanation, and you know this.
So basically, you're just showing off your big boy knowledge by copying a definition from your textbook. What does that make you?
Right, a faggot.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.