[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long until we see these sorts of hoverboards https://ww

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 12

File: 2412.jpg (109KB, 466x649px) Image search: [Google]
2412.jpg
109KB, 466x649px
How long until we see these sorts of hoverboards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfa9HrieUyQ
with 10 minute flight times? I believe that once that mark is passed they will become commercially viable (extreme sports,emergency response in areas with shit roads etc.)
>>
They'll be banned for public use instantly after the first few deaths.
>>
File: 1454800380304.jpg (27KB, 480x259px) Image search: [Google]
1454800380304.jpg
27KB, 480x259px
>>7844947
>emergency response in areas with shit roads
not this bullshit again
the quickest emergency response (one that can actually carry stuff) into an area with shit roads is a paramedic helicopter
now quit talking out of your ass you goddamn quadcopter-meme faggot
>>
>>7845360
>Helicopter
>Cost $100k
>Fuckhueg
>Requires trained and paid pilot
>Drone
>Cost $5k
>Tiny
>Autonomous
>>
> got 20 heavy batteries
> flies for a few minutes

dropped
>>
>>7845387
and that drone, which is supposed to cost as much as an enthusiast drone, will of course be able to
>carry the emergency physician
>carry his assistant
>carry the patient
>carry all the gear necessary to stabilize the patient
>fly at a speed adequate to guarantee rescue within time constraints
>have enough range to cover an adequate rescue envelope from its base
I'd ask if you've ever actually taken a ride aboard an EMT helicopter, but the answer is quite obvious

fucking quadcopter meme faggots
>>
>>7845390
seeing as each battery weighs 2.5 kg I think he had four.
>>
>>7845404
This is a dumb argument, by your logic motorbike paramedics which exist everywhere are pointless.What is first response? most hospitals have only 1 or 2 helicopters, they could have 20 drones on standby to go and stabilize patients until a helicopter is free. This is better than nothing. Also seeing as its autonomous if the patient really needs to go to hospital the stretcher can be put on the drone while the paramedic stays back to wait for other transport. Why do you autists have no vision?
>>
>>7845447
>Why do you autists have no vision?
>instantly goes into the "UR JUST NOT OPEN MINDED ENOUGH" rhetoric
fucking imbecile

btw I do have a vision of how you numbnuts imagine drones to fly emergency physicians to the scene of an accident
it's just that noone will be willing to trust his life to a fucking quadcopter that will literally kill you if it dies or if you happen fall down, because fuck autorotation enclosed cockpits, we're doing this green goblin style

>by your logic motorbike paramedics which exist everywhere are pointless
except that motorcycles can actually carry stuff and have range, while this thing can't even scratch the 10 minute time mark with nothing but a faggothipster in a shirt sitting on top of it
>>
File: 1445192723728.png (193KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1445192723728.png
193KB, 500x500px
>>7845447
> if the patient really needs to go to hospital the stretcher can be put on the drone while the paramedic stays back to wait for other transport.
>extracting a patient with life threatening condition completely without supervision
confirmed for not having not the least amount of tangible knowledge of the subject
have fun arguing from a point of complete and utter ignorance, I'm done playing chess with a pigeon
>>
>>7845461
if the roads are non-existent then you have no choice retard. Can a motorbike get across a river without a bridge?
>>
>>7845461
And remember I only talked about commercial viability so I dont know why you are latching onto medical usefulness. Seeing as people pay to "fly" on those water jet hoverboards it is fairly obvious that one that worked on land would also sell . So pleas answer the original fucking question which is merely how long till battery tech will allow 10 m8nutes of flight time.
>>
>>7845484
>I dont know why you are latching onto medical usefulness
My post specifically quoted the supposed medical appliance
If anyone latched onto something other than what's being discussed it's you
If you want to talk about commercial appliance then go for it without quoting my post directed towards medical appliance
>>
looks like a great way to chop your foot off when you lose your footing
>>
>>7845360
>>7845461
>>7845467
It has some use, okay? You faggot luddites.
>>
>>7845498
Thats a prototype, 5he commercial thing will use meshed-off ducted fans.
>>
>>7845508
glad i have at least one supporter. /sci/ fantasises about pop-sci bullshit such as em drive yet when I bring a realistic solution to the table it gets laughed at.
>>
File: 1067.jpg (118KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1067.jpg
118KB, 1200x675px
>worrying about injury

Hurr durr. Better ban cars then!
>>
>>7845467
>>7845447
What movies have those automated beds for emergencies? The patient is put into them and the bed takes off either flying or hovering. There's more than one movie, but the movies never really focus on them that much.
>>
>>7845678

bus master race
>>
>>7845682
>movies
This shit is real today nigger. Watch the OP video.
>>
>>7845447
I'm not paying for a drone and then I helicopter ride.
Just let me die.
>>
>>7845766
>paying for medical care
I will only be selling my drone in the civilized world i.e Europe.
>>
>>7845678
except that you can survive the majority of crashes in a car
falling on the other hand becomes a 99% chance of lethality after exceeding a certain height
>>
>>7845811
then dont exceed a certain height. Or stay above a certain height so you can use a parachute.
>>
>>7845508
>It has some use, okay?
yeah, but these uses do not include emergency medical appliances
which was the whole goddamn point of my posts
you would've seen this detail if you possessed actual reading comprehension, but you don't, so here we are
>>
its funny that everyone has been going on about hovering technology for centuries and now we finally have it people are either trashing it as pointless, saying it will never improve or sperging that its not true silent anti gravity. Well thats life kids, its like how we actually have an interstellar drive, it is a rather crude "set off a nuke behind you and fly away on the explosion wave" technique but it WERKS. Therefore stop crying and work with what is available
>>
File: 1454437090756.jpg (28KB, 303x293px) Image search: [Google]
1454437090756.jpg
28KB, 303x293px
>>7845823
>then dont exceed a certain height
>Or stay above a certain height so you can use a parachute
so you either have to stay below roughly 6-8 meters, or you have to go straight up to 100+ meters
everything in between poses the risk of killing you should you fall
yeah that sounds like a nice and user-friendly constraint

I seriously hope this thing makes it on the market and ends up killing the majority of users who are dumb enough to put their lifes in the hand of a glorified RC helicopter
>mfw all dat sweet news coverage of people falling to their doom
>>
*reddits*

so i was like "dude drones lmao" and then my bud was like "woah what if we carry crippled hatian orphans out of rubble with these" and i was like "woah"

and that's how we formed U2.
>>
>>7845841
The aformentioned water jet hoverboard has an altitude less than that due to being tethered to the water yet it is still popular among the extreme sports types. You know that when the airplane was first invented the wright bros made money off it by doing airshows because it was useless for anyhing else.
>>
File: 1446761495667.png (121KB, 325x282px) Image search: [Google]
1446761495667.png
121KB, 325x282px
>>7846049
>You know that when the airplane was first invented the wright bros made money off it by doing airshows because it was useless for anyhing else.
>comparing a quadcopter to the invention of the very first airplane
holy shit, talk about buying into the quadcopter craze
>>
>>7845839
but antigravity DOEs exist
if this is the pinnacle of human achievement, we look like monkeys
>>
>>7846098
People who had never seen a man fly in a huge machine paid to see aman fly ten feet off the ground, people who have never seen a man hover on a board will pay to see a man hover on a board what is your point?
>>
>>7845412
Yeah, batteries of that power really have no future in the long term unless there is some revolutionary breakthrough in technology there, they don't call all those guts rare earth metals without a good reason. Also they are energy sinks.

If the guy can make a gas powered unit he might be in business, but who the hell is going to strap something like that to their feet and trust it? It needs to be put overhead to have any application then you need head and ear protection. At that point you are pretty much at an ultralight without the body work.
>>
File: fedora.gif (1MB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
fedora.gif
1MB, 400x268px
>>7846881
What if I told you that I worked out a way to make the batteries last ten times longer?

What if I told you that I knew this before I made this thread?

What if I told you that I made this thread in order to euphorically stroke my neckbeard while you unknowing plebeians dismiss the soon-to-be-possible as impossible?
>>
>>7846924
I would be mightily impressed but battery tech in reality has been stagnating lately. Also electricity rates are climbing and will soon go through the roof when all the carbon law comes into full effect combining with aging grid infrastructure built in the years of plenty.

A human powered flying machine was the original dream as in all you have to do is eat your Wheaties in the morning, a hang glider is about as good as it got. These inventions are a sign of the times, Jevons paradox. Not only are most people too obese today, they apparently confuse technology with an energy source. I'd like to see that thing even hover a few inches for a few seconds with a typical hambeast on board!

I hate to shit on parades but it's in my nature.
>>
>>7845824
>but these uses do not include emergency medical appliances

How so? It certainly doesn't replace the chopper, doesn't mean it's useless. Let's say you need to get the 2 emergency doctors to some location, to take care of the patient before the chopper arrives. Certainly it's the dominant solution here.

It might not have a lot of applications, but even a sinle application can save lives. And it's easily to stash.
>>
>>7847031
Sorry bro, it's really happening. 10 minute hoverboards on the market by next year, mark my words.
> most people too obese today
This is actually a major issue. lifting a 80 kg guy, meh can be done. Lifting a 100 kg guy needs like twice the power. I believe that flying cars have failed purely because they try to carry as many people as an actual car does. A single-seater made out of carbon fibre is so doable I am mystified as to why people are still taking four-seater helicopter frames, sticking multirotors onto it and expecting it to fly.
>>
>>7846924
All hail OP.
>>
File: rotkreuz107_v-contentgross.jpg (80KB, 568x320px) Image search: [Google]
rotkreuz107_v-contentgross.jpg
80KB, 568x320px
>>7845360
>>7845387
>>7845404
>>7845447
>>7845461
>>7845467
>>7845508

>shit roads
>no roads

lel
>>
File: unimog_meckpomm2.jpg (85KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
unimog_meckpomm2.jpg
85KB, 750x500px
>>7847413
this is an emergency vehicle thread now.
>>
File: 226010-large.jpg (93KB, 630x419px) Image search: [Google]
226010-large.jpg
93KB, 630x419px
>>7847421
>>
File: 4413_or.jpg (85KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
4413_or.jpg
85KB, 500x333px
>>7847425
>>
>>7844947

Right after they figure out how to get the blood stains off the concrete before a passerby sees it.
>>
>>7844947
They'll instantly be used for terrorism like drones will be, B& it.
>>
What do u mean how long they already exist, didn't you watch the vid you posted?
>>
>>7845682
scifi movies
>>
>>7848235
that one only flies for one minute. Mine shall fly for ten.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.