[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw your thesis manuscript just went over 100 pages

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: 1452371128153.png (315KB, 522x511px) Image search: [Google]
1452371128153.png
315KB, 522x511px
>tfw your thesis manuscript just went over 100 pages
>>
>>7840928
>Caring about page count

It will be enough when you covered everything you need to, stop worrying about how long it is.
>>
>>7840942
This desu. This guy's thesis was less than 60 pages long but it obviously did the job (he's actually a full professor now, 5 years later)
http://www.math.u-psud.fr/~fcharles/these.pdf
>>
PhD advisor wanted not more than 150 pages.
>>
Dumb weeaboo
>>
>>7841084
>2 pages discussion
You are lazy. this aint no phd thesis
>>
>>7841405
the end is not written yet tbqh, but I have 130 pages
>>
>>7841084
>Having an appendix of physical constants.

It's not a fucking textbook m8.
>>
File: ub.png (2KB, 851x331px) Image search: [Google]
ub.png
2KB, 851x331px
>>7841084
I guess combustion is researched a lot. But still, I wonder if you're actually attending the university I'm at? In the group of kkh?
>>
Nice blog, OP. Where can I subscribe?
>>
>5 pages limit
with 2.0 spacing it reaches 6 pages
>tfw use 1.5 spacing to keep it at 5 pages, pretty sure they won't tell the difference
>>
File: 1423748449461.jpg (40KB, 400x402px) Image search: [Google]
1423748449461.jpg
40KB, 400x402px
>>7841657
>fully exploring an idea in 5 pages
And its double spaced, so it might as well be 3 pages irl
>>
Who actually cares if a thesis goes longer than what they expected?
>>
I love double spacing, it's so easy to read.
>>
>>7841668
that is nothing, the abstract is limited to 250 word
>>
>>7841684
You could limit the abstract to a single sentence and it wouldn't have any bearing on the length of the rest of a paper.
>>
>>7841681
Double spacing a shit. 1.6 is objectively the best.
>>
>>7841608
I do it at the DLR but moved out of Germany now
>>
File: kotori.jpg (23KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
kotori.jpg
23KB, 600x337px
>tfw fourth semester in master and you haven't written a single page of your thesis
>>
Holy shit you're a fucking cancerous faggot. Take your weaboo anime garbage out of here and kill yourself because you'll probably never experience love you fedora faggot.
>>
>>7841863
>tfw 6th semester of masters and haven't started writing
>>
>>7841863
maybe you should spend less time watching little girl cartoons
>>
>>7840977
Bro its in french
>>
Is there a point to doing non-thesis masters programs? I don't want to go into research or academia, but I would love to go even further into the subjects I've learned so far.

Gut feeling is just to go straight into industry.
>>
>>7842506
Nah, just the first 10 pages or so
>>
>>7840977
>psud
tfw highly considering going there next year for my math M1 but afraid I'll get mindraped because I'm not ENS material.
>>
>tfw don't know what a thesis is :V)
>>
>>7842864
GET OUUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...
>>
>>7842732
Well you won't actually be with ENS people if you do your M1 there, if that can comfort you. If you do the AAG M2 though, I guess you might wanna prepare your anus
>>
>>7843268
Not sure having to pick between ECP (m fonda) and ENSTA (m appli) is a much better proposition but I'll keep that in mind.
>>
>>7843587
Wait, what are you doing right now ?
Also, what do you want to do ? Do you want to pursue math as a career ? get the agreg ? get an engineering degree ?
And finally, why of all places would you go to ECP to do math ? (I mean there are many good reasons to choose the ECP but that one I don't get)
>>
>>7843707
>Wait, what are you doing right now ?
L3 math at Université de Nouvelle Calédonie (inb4 lol overseas)
>Also, what do you want to do ? Do you want to pursue math as a career ?
Not sure, most things that involve math seem fun so I'm trying to keep my options open for as long as I can. I don't feel like what we've been doing so far is really representative of what it looks like at a high level but we're starting fundamental classes I'm really excited for this semester (measure theory, topology, ring arithmetic...) that should help me figure out what I want to do.
>get the agreg ?
On the one hand I feel this would give me a solid all around culture but on the other I really don't see myself finishing my life in a high school. I don't know how much people in industry give a shit about it, if I'm too inept to get an MdC tenure or don't feel like going academia eventually.
>And finally, why of all places would you go to ECP to do math ?
Nah it's just that psud's math fonda M1 is co-habilited with ECP, and 2 thirds of math appli classes are at ENSTA, and these are the two M1 I'm torn between.
I could ask my measure theory prof, he's MdC in financial math at ECP (in a temporary prof swap with my uni). I have a good relationship with him I think, but he's very aloof... I'm starting a lab internship with him soon anyway :3
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.