[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

science kits for adults

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: lab.jpg (62KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
lab.jpg
62KB, 448x336px
Hi everybody. I am interesting in teaching myself various areas of science related subjects and now wish to delve into a more sort of hands-on experience.

I have been searching around for kind of adult-orientated chemistry kits, electronics/circuits kits, etc. - anything practical so I can view things in a way that textbooks can't help with

Obviously, most things on the market are quite simple and intended for kids so I was wondering what you all may have found to be helpful in the past or even currently. price is not an issue.

Thanks so much in advance
>>
>>
>>7840397
>>7840432
/sci/ is a slow board

probably fucked in the first world for chemistry
>muh terrorism, muh war on drugs
try raspberry pi or arduino for comp/electronic shit
>>
>>7840446
You're right, yeah.
I am currently looking at rasp pi and arduino sets. raspberry pi seems to have more of a noob friendly community so i may go with that first.

thanks man
>>
>>7840454
keep in mind a raspberry pi is basically just a tiny desktop computer (it runs linux usually), while an arduino board is more of a microcontroller + usb burner + breadboard holes that you program in c (or well, the 'arduino language'). It's quite a bit more low level.
>>
>>7840471
Ya, that's what I gathered so far. I'm gonna go ahead and invest in them but I also wish to gather a stronger understanding of electronics in general (without any relation to software) so will probably keep looking around for the most efficient way of doing that.

confusing as fuck without any technical background if I'm going to be honest
>>
>>7840397
Get a rash. Apply sudofem. SCIENCE IN ACTION,
>>
>>7840397
Kits? I'm not sure about kits. But you can buy the raw materials for some cool reactions on the web. Pretty sure you can even buy some of it on amazon.

Also, as a side note, if you're learning chemistry, I would actually recommend you buy some modelling equipment. It's really cool to see the 3-D structure of molecules, and get a grip of what breaks in a reaction, and what bonds form.

But seriously, look into buying some lab equipment, and the materials for them.
>>
>>7840497
Start with arduino first,learn AVR and ARM fully then move onto PIC then move onto pi
>>
>>7840515
this is great advice i appreciate it. are there any reputable brands/suppliers that you would recommend or is that arbitrary?

>>7840518
i'll certainly be taking note of this!
>>
File: Bison_skull_pile.jpg (2MB, 5689x4448px) Image search: [Google]
Bison_skull_pile.jpg
2MB, 5689x4448px
that's amazing
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.