>>7837823 50% the actual chance of getting the question right is 25%, however 25% appears as an answer twice. therefore if i pick a choice at random, there is a 50% chance i will make the correct choice
>>7838273 It is the only one that has at least one common point with each other form.
The red square is the only one that is not circled in white; the circle is the only one that isn't a square, the green one is green, the little one is little. The one on the far left has nothing special, which makes it special
>>7837823 depends which letter is right. if it's a or b then 1/4, it it's c or d, 1/2. this question purposefully confuses people with the idea that it's a multiple choice question, so you must have a 1/4 of being right just from guessing. that's true of most multiple choice questions, but it's an error to apply that reasoning to this one.
>>7838564 Odds of randomly guessing the correct answer from four possible answers. 1 in 4 or 25% 2 of the 4 are 25%, so the odds of getting that answer is 1 in 2, or 50%. 50% is an answer, but it only appears once, so odds of randomly getting that one are 1 in 4, or 25%. Conclusion, the question is a paradox.
>>7837823 Since this is bullshit, let me say this: we can assume the choices A, B, C, and D are unrelated to the question you asked, based simply on fucking around with english syntax. Just to drive that point home, let's write a totally different question: How much of OP is made of fag? We can also eliminate D as an apparent choice, since it shares a value with C (and if either were correct, answering the other would also be correct, which is why we can always choose C if 25% is the answer to the question). This lowers the number of possible correct answers to 3, being A, B, and C. This gives you a 1/3 chance to answer correctly if you choose randomly between those three choices. However, that is merely a way to increase your odds of answering correctly when guessing, that does not deal with the problem that D is there, and weights the answer probability towards answering 25% in a truly random case. If this is the correct answer, then one has a 50% chance of answering correctly. However, if it isn't, then there's a 25% chance that you do pick the correct answer out of A and B. So, based on what the answer to the question actually is, I would have a different probability of answering correctly if a random selection process did choose the answer. However, I actually, thinking about it, realize that the answer may actually be 1/3 still... But, actually the probability of it answering the question "how much of OP is made of fag" is 0%, since 100% isn't an answer. Problem solved.
>>7838620 >We can also eliminate D as an apparent choice, since it shares a value with C (and if either were correct, answering the other would also be correct, >.... >This gives you a 1/3 chance to answer correctly No. That's not how it works. you would have a 2/4 chance or 50% Because there are actually two 25% in four questions. Not one in three.
>>7838620 If you don't believe me test it out yourself. Get 4 playing cards 2 being the same, and 2 others being different. Randomly pic a card several times, and see how many times you get one of the same ones.
i.e. Get 2 aces a king, and a queen. Have a friend mix em up, and you select a card. Record the answer. Keep doing this for a while, and see what percentage of aces you pic. I bet its closer to 50% than 33%. And the more you do it the closer to 50% it will be.
>>7838633 >>7838656 Holy shit I addressed both of those literally 1 sentence after where you guys stopped reading to call me out on it. "However, that is merely a way to increase your odds of answering correctly when guessing, that does not deal with the problem that D is there, and weights the answer probability towards answering 25% in a truly random case. If this is the correct answer, then one has a 50% chance of answering correctly. However, if it isn't, then there's a 25% chance that you do pick the correct answer out of A and B." Jesus christ.
>>7838633 >>7838656 I understand that the number of times you select the answer 25% will outweigh the other times, but I'm convinced that you have a 1/3 chance to *get the answer correct* which is the key there. I don't know, I've never been particularly good with statistics, so I'm going to think it over while I'm shopping today
>>7838368 >>7838564 you can't answer the question unless you know which answer is right. you have no way of knowing which one is correct without first being told. why should it be 1/4? because you have a 1/4 chance of getting multiple choice right by guessing? that's not the case here, because two of the answers are the same. you do not have enough information to answer.
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the post's information.