[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So some dinos evolved into birds... Assuming humanity survives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: _76625796_lee5hr.jpg (49KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
_76625796_lee5hr.jpg
49KB, 624x351px
So some dinos evolved into birds...

Assuming humanity survives long enough, what might the humans of 100,000,000 years from now look like?

I'm aware we don't know what conditions they might encounter but, let's make some educated guesses.
>>
>>7837205
Like birds, the true master race
>>
It's possible that technology ends evolution. Why fly when we have planes?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (1MB, 1169x1068px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
1MB, 1169x1068px
>>7837416
This is what humans will look like in 500 years
>>
>>7837416
Humans are still evolving tho.
>>
>>7837423
But race is a social construct shitlord
>>
>>7837423
>>7837425
Come now anon, there's no need to bring that shit in here.

But yes, the human genome should be accumulating mutations but at this time it's hard to say what the selection pressures should be, and even if we could work them out today they certainly couldn't then be extrapolated over the millions of years needed to have an effect simply because of how rapidly society, its values and therefore the traits that determine likelihood of getting a mate change.

And ultimately, in that timeframe it's possible we will have mastered genetic engineering so any changes in the genome will likely be self-wrought - in which case we'd see an end to most or all genetic disorders, and augmentation in numerous ways. Before you say intelligence though, there has been (to my knowledge) no single gene found to cause more than ~1 point's difference in IQ, which is peanuts.
>IQ = intelligence
Yeah I know, but it's convenient.
>>
Due to the increasing weakening of the body and strengthening of the mind I can say with some certainty that future "humans" will be little more than hairless telepathic jellyfish, possibly levitating as a form of motion.
>>
>>7837205
I would guess that humans would artificially evolve (genetic manipulations/robotic implants) to the point where natural evolution would be insignificant. I which case I would see us "evolve" towards a more idealized human form. By today's standard of ideal one could argue that would look like anime.
>>
File: cover_01.jpg (382KB, 620x877px) Image search: [Google]
cover_01.jpg
382KB, 620x877px
>>7837205
Google Nemo Ramjet's All Tomorrow's
>>
>>7837205
Beaked apes with theropod like legs since our legs are eventually gonna mutate away the primate tree adaptations since we are now a pure land species and no longer dwell in the trees. We will get beaks because our teeth are starting to become useless and break too easily so an everlasting beak is much better in the long run. Our posture will change because we will lose all the tree skeletal designs and have a body made for a naturally biped species instead, but I doubt our brains will be bigger.
>>
look at the 'evolutionary trends' of today and extrapolate them. there are already groups of people who do not interbreed with other groups of people. potentiate that, and you'll get future separated populations that differ in certain traits. beautiful, rich people - poor people - certain ideologies
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.