[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he the Newton of our time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: maths_2344088b.jpg (50KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
maths_2344088b.jpg
50KB, 620x387px
Is he the Newton of our time?
>>
>>7836675
Is Newton him of his time?
>>
File: carlos.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>7836675
Since he died in 1727, I guess we should call him Oldton now!
>>
>>7836705

Autism the post
>>
>>7836798
Oh c'mon, don't you like a good joke? Lighten up a bit! (-:
>>
>>7836705
this was either drunk or I'm too funny
>>
Why is he so smart /sci/?
>>
>>7836705
>not calling him oldmegagram
>>
>>7836675
Nope.

1. Memechizuki is not a virgin.
2. He did something significantly more advanced than babby tier calculus.

Newton was just an average guy who happened to live in a time where everyone else was retarded. Newton was NOT a genius.
>>
>>7837007

It's this retard again.

You do realize there's no difference between the smartest people back then and now?

Btw, the majority of mathematics today couldn't derive the entirety of euclids elements from first principles like he did. Surely they should be able to, euclid is an idiot compared to people today, right? Dumb ass.
>>
Not a dual treat QB...so no
>>
>>7837011
My understanding of the history of mathematics is that Euclid was more of a compiler. He wrote about results other people thought up.
>>
>still churning on quantum gravity

More like the Kelvin of our time.
>>
>>7836705
>>7836798
dear god when you combine these two you get a good chuckle
>>
>>7837065
i read a book about the history of mathematics and this is what the book said on euclids's entry.

it said he may have contributed but probably as an editor

either way probably still an amazing scientist of his time
>>
File: Masterbait.png (31KB, 598x184px) Image search: [Google]
Masterbait.png
31KB, 598x184px
>>7836675
Did he go out of his way to maintain a list of his sins?
>>
Who is this nippon?
>>
>>7839653
It's Hideo's brother, Kojima.
>>
Unfortunately, in our time pop-sci is going to determine the next Newton. Discoveries that will put an individual on his level.
>"Solving" Dark Matter+Energy
>FTL particle/travel
>Gravitational waves (and i'm not even too sure about that one).
>Disproving the Standard Model

Discoveries that will put you above that level.
>Indefinite telomere renewal without the adverse effects.
>A fifth fundamental force
>Feasible anti-matter harvesting
>Multiversal travel
>>
>>7839650
Why did he say "once" twice?
>>
>>7839650
He used to post in /prog/
>>
>>7840023
>feasible antimatter harvesting
We have known how to do that for at least 20 years, the issue remains it's not worth it without better traps. Until our traps can take bigger loads, we have no use for big globs of the stuff.
>>
>>7836705
This made me lightly chuckle non stop for a good 5 minutes, so fucking stupid, i hate puns so fucking much holy shit
>>
>>7840025
It's called "emphasis by repetition".
Didn't you go to school?
https://www.sophia.org/tutorials/emphasis-repetition
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.