[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Personality types. How accurate is this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

File: 1452220410406.jpg (560KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1452220410406.jpg
560KB, 1920x1200px
Just wondering how accurate is this and where most people in here fit.

If you don't know yours you can "test" yourself here: http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test
>>
Its a conversation piece, nothing more.
>>
just like any test where you answer obvious questions
>are you introverted?
>yes
>You are introverted!
>oh wow thanks test!
>>
>>7811653
It's pretty good in categorizing people. Ignore the autists.
>>
>>7812781
I don't get how they can derive so much about one person's personality just from answering a few questions.
>>
>>7813015
Literally what's there not to get? Do you not understand the purpose of the questions and the implications your answers produce?
>>
>>7813104
Have you seen the amount of detail each personality have? Idk man, I'm just skeptical about that. It's just too much info derived from too little data imo.
>>
>>7813109
>imo
You can tell a lot about a person from only a couple of accurate answers because the questions aren't random. They've been well thought out to specifically determine the main characteristics of someones personality. That's why you've never been asked what's the color of your hair or which hand you fap with.

I think you seem to be overestimating the complexity of humans personality.
>>
>>7813115
I'm not straight out saying it is bullshit, sorry if it sounded like that.

Did you read the description of your personality type on that website? Don't you think what the test claims to know about you is a bit much?
>>
>>7813118
>Did you read the description of your personality type on that website?
It's been spot on every time.

Frankly you sound like you're underage and you probably don't even know yourself well enough to either answer accurately (due to lack of life experience) or to recognize yourself from the result.
>>
Its a good way to generalize your personality. I still think its somewhat inaccurate because it offers choices that your image of what you want to be that can bias the results.

But ive been intj for 8 years taking these tests once in a while so maybe not
>>
>I'm too complex to fall into any of the 16 categories :^)
>the descriptions are so broad they could apply to anyone kek
>>
File: m.jpg (35KB, 373x416px) Image search: [Google]
m.jpg
35KB, 373x416px
>>
>>7813109
>>7813118
I forget the study itself, but I know a group did an experiment where they asked a bunch of people to fill out a personality questionnaire and then gave them a description of their personality, and a large majority (70%+) said it was exactly right - only it then turned out they'd all been handed exactly the same, pre-written script. It turns out that a. most people aren't as different as you'd think and b. people often see patterns where there are none, in this case fitting vague statements to their personal lives. It's why some people still swear by astrology and how 'mediums' can do cold readings.
>>
>>7813142
Forer effect.

The vague description of personality in that experiment was designed to only include things everyone could relate to and no information that had the possibility of setting you apart from anyone else was revealed. E.g. "sometimes you find yourself craving fruits more than usually" as opposed to "you prefer oranges over apples".

This is nothing similar to how MBTI works as the 16 personality types are distinct and oftentimes the opposites of each other.
>>
>>7813158
Ah, I stand corrected then. I've just gone back and forth a bit with this myself as I've been reading through my own results and grudgingly admitting that they are pretty spot on in a number of places, but then whoever this >>7813140 is got exactly the same result as me to within a few percent, and my fragile INFP emotions don't want to believe there could be someone else reading this and having it describe them as well as it describes me.
>>
File: iktfb.png (42KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
iktfb.png
42KB, 500x461px
>>7813179

What do you study m8?
>>
>>7813179
These types lurk 4chan. The 'rare' types are over represented here simply because they're the types hermits have.
>>
File: 1439400571304.jpg (43KB, 331x271px) Image search: [Google]
1439400571304.jpg
43KB, 331x271px
>>7813186
Physics, 3rd year of a masters

>>7813191
Here we all are, together alone
>>
INTJ masterrace here

I wouldn't hesitate to commit genocide on all of you other degenerate personality types
>>
>>7811653
INTPfag here. Newton is one of us!
>>
There have been papers that show validity of the Jungian test.
Then there have been papers that show lack of validity of the Jungian test.
There will be people who will post in these threads who will throw a shitfit because they believe that the test is an absolute and (for lack of a better term) cold reads you with a 'one-size-fits-all' description, thinking that if you have a certain type, you MUST align within ALL parameters of that type.
There will be people who will post in these threads who will usually shitpost and make false correlations to astronomy/horoscopes.

Every MBTI thread ever in one post.
>>
>>7813194
Physics too, but undergrad here. (this anon >>7813140)
>>
>>7813201
Meh INTPs are your cousins who are less impulsive.
>>7813205
INTP master race confirmed
....honestly as long as your in the NT class you're in the best class
>>
>>7813205
>>7813240
Represent!

Now lets discuss how well the description of INPT was written in that it told us we're autistic without explicitly telling us we're autistic.
>>
File: ENTP.png (15KB, 351x358px) Image search: [Google]
ENTP.png
15KB, 351x358px
it's actually pretty accurate.

I don't care what emotions people have as long as the argument is logical. it's not about if *YOU* like the argument or not, it's about factual correctness and what we can achieve by being logical.

besides that, i always try to be "fluid" in my thinking, with the least amount of planning. this helps me to do "mental gymnastics" and get good ideas.

physics 3rd year here.
>>
>>7813223
Well technically I'm an undergrad too, I'll just do one more year than the bachelors students.

Who would have thought that similar people would be found in similar circumstances? I mean this sincerely, in a "how could I have never realised this before" way.
>>
>>7813388
Do you happen to be in Australia?
>>
INTPs are usually entitled anti social autists. Or redditors if you please.
>>
>>7813457
But redditors are pig-disgusting normalscum, not beautiful autistic ubermench who realize how horrible and disgusting the human race is
>>
File: 1453450085239.png (25KB, 228x239px) Image search: [Google]
1453450085239.png
25KB, 228x239px
I'm ENTP, don't think it's legit tho
>>
File: intp.jpg (324KB, 1178x990px) Image search: [Google]
intp.jpg
324KB, 1178x990px
>>7811653
This looks scarily accurate.
>>
>>7813795
I read the whole thing and this is so well done I'm tempted to purchase my premium profile.
It seems it been designed to trigger that emotional response on my part!
They've studied personality types ... of course they know what to tell me to have me purchase their stuff!
>>
ISFP-T

Pretty lame, I could have lied.
>>
esfj but I lied on all the questions
>>
File: INFP.png (17KB, 348x350px) Image search: [Google]
INFP.png
17KB, 348x350px
>>7813140
>>7813223

me too on both counts
>>
>>7814035
Why did you lie
>>
>>7813388
>Who would have thought that similar people would be found in similar circumstances?
Well maybe this human personality grouping has some credibility behind it
>>
>>7813142
It wasn't the MBTI though, just some airy-fairy Buzzfeed style quiz.

>>7813746
That's what they all say
>>
File: 'tis me.png (87KB, 1185x691px) Image search: [Google]
'tis me.png
87KB, 1185x691px
hehh guys am I cool yet?
>>
>>7814272
>tfw no responses after your post, thread steering into the abyss and no one to acknowledge your superior personality type...
>>
>>7814406
Don't worry anon, as a fellow intp I'm here to acknowledge your result and cherish our superior autistic race
>>
Who /intj/ here?

>inb4 back to /lit/
>>
File: image.jpg (167KB, 515x471px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167KB, 515x471px
I bet somebody made this test to get free statistical data lol u idiots
>>
>>7813122
>It's been spot on every time.

So is a fucking horoscope.

>>7811656
this

/thread
>>
>>7814614
your retarded
>>
One year I got INTJ as result, today I got INFJ-T. I see my myself partly in both of them. But they are kinda conflicting and both very rare.
Am I Autist /sci/?
>>
If you ain't an INTJ, you're literally common scum.
>>
>>7815549
INTP is superior, it's like INTJ with none of the aspergers
>>
>>7815549
Being an INTJ is only great when you're born into a wealthy family. Then you can conquer the world.

Otherwise it's best be INTP or ENTJ.
>>
>>7814603
Thanks fellow intp, it means a lot.
>>
I'd just like to state that I've taken the test probably around three times and each time I got something different. Mostly because my opinions of myself change throughout the day if that makes sense.
Like maybe I read something that made me realize that I really hate people more than I thought.
>>
>>7815571
fuck man, INTJ here. no wealthy family, aspire to do something big, fear that without money I can never put my thoughts to good use.

my fears are true...
>>
>>7816393

You have to become rich. Get a good job, live of 20% of your salary for 10 years and you'll have enough to invest in several properties. Slowly, but surely, you'll get there.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.