[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to cope with Math anxiety?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 2dd.jpg (38KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
38KB, 560x560px
Because my teacher makes us do ridiculous 10 minute quizzes (around 5-8 problems each) which stresses me the fug out that I start sweating rivers of water enough to hydrate Africa.

I either end up doing simple mistakes like add fractions wrong and I would have to re-do the damn thing (which wastes a lot of time) where then I don't have enough time to double check.

I have a pathetic and sad excuse grade in this class (C-) although I understand the material extremely well but I work at a slower pace because at a fast pace I make lots of mistakes and go full on SANIC PANIC. Quizzes are around 20 percent of my grade.

TL;DR
What do you do guys to deal with these kinds of teachers who put 10 minute quizzes and the stress that comes with math anxiety?
>>
Stop being stupid
>>
>>7811074
Do the questions, you are most confident in first, and then do the questions you aren't so confident with.

Yeah, I get what you mean. I really don't like it when the questions are asked differently, but then this is where you need to be intuitive with your mathematical skill versus straightout solving the question...
>>
>>7811074
>although I understand the material extremely well but I work at a slower pace because at a fast pace I make lots of mistakes
You're lying to yourself. Probably.

Tests don't have tricky problems that require a lot of deep slow thought to solve.
If you can't do the mechanical shit on a test very fast and without errors, you need more practice.
You might have a shaky grasp of it that lets you muddle through a problem in 3x as long as it should take you. That's not understanding it extremely well.

That said, you could be having severe panic attacks that stop you from performing, but unless you're literally pissing yourself at your desk you should be able to get much better than a C- even when nervous.
>>
>>7811074
>5-8 problems in only 10 minutes
are you in the 6th grade?
>>
>>7811230
yeah what the fuck
The semester just started and you have a C-?

Ask for moar problems like the ones you're doing, do them on your own and work over the section in the book they come from. duh
furthermore, i don't know how a noob such as you found this place, this is mickey mouse club shit, begone!
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.