[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what happened to this faggot? Why is there no news from him?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

So what happened to this faggot? Why is there no news from him?
>>
>>7810285
Just another retard who spent every day of his childhood learning maths at a ridiculous fast rate to please his parents and now that he made it to academia he is just another cog. Another small name in the lists that from time to time comes up with another published paper that will change nothing and no one will read. All for what? He could be have enjoyed his youth a bit more and then become what he is now but it is too late to think about that now. He has to publish another useless paper that literally no one will read or else he will get thrown out from whatever shithole he is currently in.
>>
He's probably done more triple integrals than Newton did at his age. Don't you think he's done enough for science already?
>>
>>7810297
>co-authoring 1 insignificant paper
>done enough for science already

Niga are you serious?
>>
He now shitposts posts on /sci/ and makes IQ threads to laugh at all the low IQ brainlets.
>>
>>7810305
There's no evidence that he has a high IQ - only guesses. The type of test he had was an academic achievement test, not an IQ test. His mom then just inferred his IQ from his achievement level.

His IQ is most likely lower than what one would expect given his academic achievement, because people with high functioning autism tend to have higher academic achievement than what their IQ predicts.
>>
>>7810295
>just another retard
>Barnett was admitted to the Perimeter Scholars International in 2013, a one-year non-degree master's level program at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Waterloo, Ontario. At the age of 15, he was the youngest student admitted to the program.
>>
>>7810330
>non-degree
>ever
Clearly IQ or not he's not the brightest kid around.
>>
>>7810363
>judging intelligence from degree given at age 15
http://tedxteen.com/speakers-performers/tedxteen-2012/93-jacob-barnett

His cognitive capacities are obviously very advanced for his age. Just because he hasn't had the time to finish 6 years of education does not mean he isn't a prodigy. Prodigy is relative to the age group, and 99% of kids his age are not doing this sort of work. Whatever you want to call him, he isn't intellectually disabled by any means.
>>
>>7810387
He isn't an intellectual either.
>>
test
>>
>>7810387
Can't tell if serious or troll.
>>
I think people on /sci/ like to highlight Barnett's autism to make themselves feel better about being in their twenties and not doing shit

It's kind of like how /pol/ hates successful blacks and how /soc/ hates attractive girls
>>
Meme Barnett
>>
>>7810330
>non degree
Bet you $100 meme bucks that it was an unfunded program. School just cares about his parents' money.
>>
>>7810641
Gimme my $100 meme bucks.

Perimeter scholars get a $30,000 grant.
https://uwaterloo.ca/graduate-studies/awards/perimeter-scholars-international-award
>>
>he's published and will publish more
>no one in this thread will or can
I can see why you guys hate him
>>
>Barnett Jacob
>Genius
>Newfags will fall for it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBW4S9xcTOk
>>
>>7810285
He got stuck in some small town Lowes in kentucky, in the back. He's still writing on their window panes and they can't make him leave.
>>
It's good that he lives in a world where he is recognised for his talents and can do the work that he wants. For me I feel this helps me feel safe in my decision to do more practical/people focused work and using science to help people. You don't have to be a genius to help people but your efforts are appreciated. I can tell /sci/ gets immediately triggered by him because in Academia its a giant competition to be the smartest which is entirely different to engineering/practical science which is all about collaboration and appreciation of other's ideas.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.