[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quarterly Calendar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: calendar.jpg (602KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
calendar.jpg
602KB, 1000x667px
The system of 12-month calendars, whether Roman, Hebrew or Islamic is stupid. The months change their starting day every year, there is incompatibility between USA and Europe about notation, and other problems.

So here's the alternative: the Quarterly Calendar. Here's how it works.
- There are four quarters to every year, referred to as North, East, South and West, or as 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- North, East and South each have 13 weeks. West has 13 or 14 weeks.
- The First of North is always the first Sunday in January.

That's it. Advantages:
- Every quarter has either 91 or 98 days. Thus we can standardize the written date once and for all as YYYY-Q-DD, where Q is 1, 2, 3, or 4 and DD is a number from 1 to 98.
- The 2nd, 9th, 16th, etc. of a quarter is always a Monday, the 3rd, 10th, 17th etc. of a quarter is always a Tuesday, etc. Thus if someone says "Tuesday the 11th of East" you immediately know the day and date don't match up and get them to correct it.
- "North" is the time of year when the weather is more characteristic of what it's like farther north. Same with "South". And... this works in both the northern hemisphere and the southern hemisphere.
- Businesses use quarters already anyway.
- Due to the "first Sunday in January" rule, there is an easy way for people to convert from the old way to the new way.

So? Ready to switch to the Quarterly Calendar?
>>
Outside of your autism, what problem does this expensive update solve?
>>
>>7808917
Reread the post and get back to me, o master insultor
>>
>>7808917
>Um, er, I can't always remember how many days are in a month, or the number that goes with the month!!!

But for real though, if it wasn't expensive, there are much better ways of reorganizing the calendar, especially if you incorporate daylight savings time, leap years, and the Poole effect.
>>
>>7808921
Don't ever fucking reply to my posts again unless you have something to contribute for this thread.
>>
>>7808931
I contributed the OP.
You contributed a post revealing your lack of reading comprehension.
>>
Dave Gorman already came up with a better version of what you're proposing OP. I tried to find a link but YouTube took the one I knew down, I'm sure you can find it if you look hard enough.
>>
We should have 12 months of 30 days and a 13th month of 5 days.
>>
File: Perfect Calendar.png (138KB, 1920x1775px) Image search: [Google]
Perfect Calendar.png
138KB, 1920x1775px
>>7808902
That's stupid. Even 13 month calendars are less stupid.
>>
>>7808902
http://qntm.org/calendar
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.