[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

would you feel the acceleration in space? how would you measure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1303752137514.png (102KB, 241x228px) Image search: [Google]
1303752137514.png
102KB, 241x228px
would you feel the acceleration in space? how would you measure your momentum since there's no gravity?
>>
>>7807686
So many things are wrong with this question, I can only assume you're trolling.
>>
> no gravity
if theres nothing pulling you, then you wouldn't have any momentum you dumb fucking frogposter
>>
>>7807693
>what is a reactor

>>7807690
I'm not. I also got the best grade in Physics 3 years ago but I dont remember anything.
I think I should start with "why you feel acceleration in a car?", and I think that's because of your momentum which is variated by the variation of speed of the car
>>
>>7807686
Gravity is just one force, it's not related to you being able to feel other forces.
>>
>>7807707
but you need your mass to calculate your momentum
>>
>>7807686
Are you asking if you would feel acceleration from an engine? Like a rocket?

If so, yes you would. You will feel any force that's a surface force.

>>7807722
mass =/= weight. You have mass whether there's gravity or not.
>>
>>7807729
>mass =/= weight. You have mass whether there's gravity or not.
fuck that's right, I remember when as a kid they told you "gee on Mars you would weight 400 kg" but they were actually wrong, only the N would change
>>
File: 26NeG0P.jpg (193KB, 640x465px) Image search: [Google]
26NeG0P.jpg
193KB, 640x465px
>>7807729
>You have mass whether there's gravity or not.

What is mass.

Define the property of mass, i.e. what is the difference between an object that has mass and one that is mass-less, like a photon?
>>
>>7807873
An object with mass is subject to the Higgs field. A massless object is not.
>>
>>7807916
Bzzt, wrong. Neutrinos have mass and are not affected by the Higgs mechanism under the Standard Model.
>>
>>7807873
A massless object will always travel at c in a vacuum.

A massive object will never travel at c in any reference frame.
>>
>>7807958
>A massive object will never travel at c in any reference frame.
Now anon that just sounds like quitter talk
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.