[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Realistically, how would you solve the overpopulation issue?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 13

File: 1386034680199.jpg (18KB, 396x303px) Image search: [Google]
1386034680199.jpg
18KB, 396x303px
Realistically, how would you solve the overpopulation issue? Mass killings, forced migration?
Personally the idea of chemicals in the tap water reducing sperm count appeals to me
>>
>>7806854
>knock on door
>Good morning sir. By any chance, is your degree in pure mathematics?
>No, I studied eng...
>shoots him in the face
>Next house.
>Repeat.
>>
>>7806854
Keked
>>
>>7806854
Nazi cartoon fantasies will get you nowhere.
Improve women's rights and education.
The main problem is overconsumption btw.

http://youtu.be/ezVk1ahRF78?t=10m
>>
>>7806854
By creating a viral vector which reduces fertility in woman to 1 in 1000 births
>>
>>7806889
That may be good for Lizard people since they multiply by the dozens. It would be disastrous for humans. Would some fine anon do the math and show us just terrible that would be?
>>
>>7806883
Very interesting actually
Although I would say his cardboard box analogy doesn't seem to take into account rising ages, but maybe it's a negligible factor
I agree that overconsumption is definitely the big concern
>>
File: IMG-20160124-WA0001.jpg (28KB, 499x209px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160124-WA0001.jpg
28KB, 499x209px
>>7806883
Nugger the rate won't just plateau like that unless something drastic happens
We've been riding the exponential train for a while now
>>
Regulate child birth. Tax people who have unregulated children more.
>>
someone's been watching Utopia
>>
>>7806854
incentivised sterilization. give people who can't afford having children or are not qualified to be parents an adequate amount of money. education of the masses works far to slowly to illicit a much needed change in third-world countries. and as long as the god-damned pope and the religious authorities of the sandniggers(hint: there are none) won't endorse oral contraceptives, condoms, womens rights (and no i don't mean feminazis) and population control, you cannot even begin to think about a positive change. we seem to be pretty fucked, desu.
>>
coin the term "depression" and teach it to people from a young age and see how many commit suicide due to depression.
so basically, mass suicides.
>>
Most western countries, and in general all countries where non-manual labor is the main source of income tends to have a decreasing birthrate.
>>
>>7806854
I'd remove all the birth control and let natural selection do all the work for me.
>>
>how would you solve the overpopulation issue
>overpopulation issue
why cant you sick people enjoy the diversity of having many people on Earth?
This board disgust me.
>>
>>7806981
Top bait
>>
nukes
>>
>>7806894
Let n=number of females being exposed to situations in which they can conceive

Multiply by 1 x 10^-3

= N x 10^-3

After a long session of maths, I can conclude the numbers of babies had before and after will decrease by a factor of 10^3
>>
>>7806981
>you're pretty much getting more of the same people

2.5/10
>>
Make people believe the fluoride from chemical waste is safe to consume, then I would add it to the drinking supply.
>>
File: groene guitar.jpg (1MB, 1400x1866px) Image search: [Google]
groene guitar.jpg
1MB, 1400x1866px
What overpopulation issue?
>>
>>7807031
No I meant the ed result, how dangerous would it be? I mean let's say there are 7 billion people and 4 out that are female's. If every female has 10^3 reduced factor of births, how long before human race goes extinct (assuming it will)
>>
>>7807050
this has been going on for decades while population skyrockets you fucknugget
>>
>>7807190
3 or 4 generations? just a guess
>>
Overpopulation solves itself obviously...
>>
>>7806854
The only countries that need to worry about that are China and India, mostly India since they don't have a 1 family policy. Most of the developed world is seeing a decrease in overall population growth.
>>
>>7807253
The world economy means the problem extends beyond borders. Particularly given nuclear/military options.
>>
Kill all the Mexicans.
>>
>>7807255
I see your point. But I think there will be a point where hand-outs will not exist anymore. But I don't see that happening to China, they have massive projects happening across their country. They'll take people with no jobs, train them, and work them. Not necessarily the best benefits for the worker, but they won't complain if they have food and income, keeps them more passive. Not too sure how India deals with it's population problems, haven't done any research on that country.
>>
>>7807190
Not that dangerous,extinction is very far off
Around 130 million babies are born each year
130 x 10^6 x 10^-3
= 130 x 10^3, so 130K each year
This is not taking into account other factors that would increase it, like in vitro gestation
Apart from places with people relying on their children (some farmers, the hopeless poor) this would have an incredible beneficial effect and solve/minimise lots of the problems we have, like hunger, high energy usage (and resulting climate change), clean water, disease, etc.

It would be best for developed countries, but would probably slow the growth of developing countries
Those developing fags waste all their time having heterosexual sex anyway,and have the babies to show for it, so if it did negatively affect them, it would far in the future
>>
>>7807253

Except the overflow is going into western countries. The probem needs to be solved st the source and mexcio/sotu america, africa and the middle east are the problems.
>>
>>7806854
There is no overpopulation

>>7806883
There is no overconsumption

There is only under-production
>>
File: 2013-continents.png (19KB, 900x398px) Image search: [Google]
2013-continents.png
19KB, 900x398px
Gee, I wonder...
>>
>>7807357
there is overproduction as well as overconsumption
>>
>>7807361
The problem is fiat money.
>>
>>7806854
Nuclear war.
Nuff said
>>
To solve population control, one must run away from said population who claims it, have many babies with plenty of fertile virgins, and then live life by means of farming, weaving, irrigation, and temple building.
>>
File: 1390139223310.jpg (6KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
1390139223310.jpg
6KB, 229x220px
>>7806870
>>
>>7806854
Warp Drive
>>
>>7806854
Birthrates seem to decrease as standards of living increase, and there's a strong correlation between infant mortality and the crude birth rate. At worst food subsidies to Africa made an unstable situation, but other than that we'll be fine if we keep the course.

Unless you're one of those "keep the population below 500 million" types, in which case you'd need an enormous pandemic or holodomor.
>>
>>7806870
i cringed
>>
>>7806854
The illuminati is doing a good job making everyone gay
>>
Preventing babies from being born means humanity will get older and older. No renewal of population = no one to take care of the elderly (and your aging self). You'd better cull the old ones first, right?
>>
>>7807359
>implying that Trump won't bomb all the nignogs after he builds his wall
>>
>>7806854
OVER POPULATION IS A MEME

every human on earth could live in an area the size of Texas and this mega city would have a population density below that of New York City

Earth is not overpopulated
>>
>>7809347
weak
>>
>>7809347
Yeah.
That is, if earth was 100% land, the climate was the same everywhere, and resources were evenly distributed.
Who's the meme now
>>
File: 1443317559239.png (522KB, 500x737px) Image search: [Google]
1443317559239.png
522KB, 500x737px
>>7809347
overpopulation isnt about not having space to live
its about not having resources and damage to our environment you fuckstick
>>
>>7807359
Clearly the solution is obvious. We must nuke Australia.
>>
>>7806854
>overpopulation
Go travel outside of your city. There is free space everywhere ready for building new cities, homes and jobs. There is no overpopulation.

>>7807253
Same for china. Once you leave hongkong, there is empty space everywhere with sparse villages from time to time.

>>7809355
What resources we don't have enough?
>>
>>7806870
lel
>>
>>7806854
I'd make sure that every time traveler knew exactly where to go to find causally separated land, because you're sure as fuck not from this time period if you're asking a question like that. That's a problem that's well off into the future, say, 10,000 years minimum.
>>
>>7809457
Civilization isn't built in empty space. Las Vegas was built in empty space and it became the most toxic shithole in the world. When we try to build civilization far from a water supply, we create toxic supply chains; parasites on the global economy. It might seem like the world is vast and we can never exhaust its resources, but humans have very specific needs, and we die or suffer if we don't meet them.
>>
Stop all medical aid, food donation, and life "sponsorship" (for less than 1 dollar a day you can sponsor a child type shit) in the middle East and Africa. Close borders in Europe.

Let natural selection and competition deal with the over population problem.
>>
>>7806854
Roll out massive womens' health education campaigns along with free birth control in every nation in sub-Saharan Africa.
>>
>>7806854
Feminism. No really. Feminism makes so that women have a lot less children
>>
>>7806883
>>7809799
>>7810899
Do you think it would have a big enough impact on such an exponential growth rate?
>>
What happened to good old wars? Let the best survive.
>>
>>7809555
Triples decided. They fight in the middle east becouse of overpopulation. Let them solve the problem by fighting.
>>
Encourage the women of tomorrow to not settle down and have several children, teach them to become career women instead.
>>
>>7806957
ya but what if theyre really attractive people? like >9/10. why not just only sterilize the ugly women and the stupid men. lets face it. its the ugly women and stupid men that are the real problem.
>>
>>7811075
have fun losing your testes then anon
>>
Start sending fuckers to space, colonization is super expensive both in terms of tech and bodies so there is not much of a downside if it's orchestrated on a large scale by a nation.
>>
Educate the third world about sex education + mass production and distribution of free condoms.
>>
Enforce a 1 or 2 child limit at the most. Only people who obtain at least a Masters degree can be a citizen Citizen. Citizens can have children and can vote. Become a citizen by enlisting in education. Children born to uneducated parents will be confiscated and repurposed.

Also euthanize all people with significant birth defects, especially those who could not contribute to society. Remember, the Georgia Guidestones are right.
>>
>>7811335
>Also euthanize all people with significant birth defects

goodbye me
>>
>>7811400

are you a retard, mentally deficient, or allergic to everything like that bubble boy?
>>
>>7806854
We need legislation to limit the amount of offspring people can have, on a global basis. Some ideas for who would be given the 'rights' to breed:

>lottery based
>purchasable
>genetic screenings
>etc.

Then of course we would need a scientifically sound stable population level to aim for.
>>
File: genderinequalitybirthrates.png (195KB, 1382x850px) Image search: [Google]
genderinequalitybirthrates.png
195KB, 1382x850px
>>7810908
Not that guy, but yeah, it does look that way.
>>
>>7811914
I appreciate the data, it's pretty a pretty clear portrayal
So what would be the best way to deliver the message and make sure it sticks?
>>
>>7811914

>what is correlation
>what is causation

Correlation between gender inequality: birth rate = 0.79 (positive correlation)
Correlation between gender inequality: % female workforce participation = 0.07 (no correlation)
Correlation between gender inequality: % females with atleast secondary school education = -0.786077718 (negative correlation)
>Source: http://hdr.undp.org/en/composite/GII

Sorry pal. But I think you should just fuck off back to /pol/ and stay there.
>>
>>7806889
So the Zika
>>
>>7811974
>reading comprehension
>>
There is no overpopulation in civilised countries. China, India, Africa, Middle East.

We shouldn't sterilize the only peoples able to keep their population in check while mass importing those who don't..
>>
>>7810908
Developed countries haven't had an exponential population growth for decades, why would developing countries keep growing one they reach our level?
>>
>>7806854
Realistically, you'd kill all nonwhites in Europe in America, close your borders and let Africa starve until they get down to a manageable population.
>>
>>7806854
Pension-for-Asexualization Programme
>>
>>7812164
When would they ever reach our level? In how many decades time, if that?
Do you not see how much growth there is in just a few decades, like here: >>7806907?
>>
>>7811914
>Female Liberation Causes Society to Collapse
Female liberation prevents society from suffocating in its own babies is more accurate.
>>
>>7812374
2030 for Asia, 2050 for Africa. We will be 10 billions by that time, and forever after.
>>
File: 1366338266907.jpg (31KB, 300x451px) Image search: [Google]
1366338266907.jpg
31KB, 300x451px
EMP Earth.
>>
>>7806854
Kill the richest people and distribute the wealth. The ones there first get the best shit.
>>
>>7812989
>Kill the rich people
>Replace them with other rich people
Are you French by any chance?
>>
>>7812989
when u kill a rich guy, multiple people become rich from the leftovers, see the pattern?
>>
>>7812996
sorry this >>7812996 was directed to you.
>>
>>7812996
my bad this >>7813004
I gotta stop smoking that shit.
>>
>>7809347
And how say, will the logistics of this mega-city be managed? Do you realize how big Texas is?

You''ll have to distribute food, water, education, have hospitals, factories, roads, and services built in this Texas-sized area, it would be the greatest wonder of engineering ever built if it were to be made.
>>
>>7810908
It did so in the West
>>
>>7813012
If it was up to me I would depopulate all large urban areas with nuclear weapons and then attempt to subjugate the remaining rural people.

You would need to setup a safe zone, say up by some doomsday seed bank, and let radiation cool down for a few years or whatever. The survivors would be so fucked up they might beg for a dictatorship.
>>
>>7813034
Which would tighten the grip that the richest people have over plebs.
>>
>>7806870
Did he study English or engineering. .?
>>
>>7806854
Install universal income. Have people live empty lives deriving all their pleasure from sex, food, drugs, and various forms of advanced entertainment, including virtual reality. Heavily tax having children so that those solely dependent on universal income couldn't afford them, under the pretext that they'd be a drain to the economy due to being eventually granted universal income. But that wouldn't be a huge problem anyway since most of the lower classes, now addicted to fast and easy dopamine, wouldn't want having anything to do with children anyway.

Only the upper classes, people living off of dividends from accumulated wealth, or the higher end of the middle class - people who have skills and knowledge that is still in need and hasn't been automated - will be able to have offspring.

Give it a couple of generations and all the plebs will have withered away leaving only the creme de la creme behind, relieving both the civilization, and the planet itself from the trouble of sustaining them.

>mfw i just predicted the future
>mfw no face
>>
>>7813695
That was beautiful
Anon for president 2016
>>
>>7806854

If I became a living God tomorrow, I would just massage the global human population downwards over the next several decades, by regularly and randomly teleporting most fertile women's eggs out of their bodies on a constant basis. I would build into this model, breeding cycles announced to Earth well ahead of time, so people could have their shot, but I would put up with no bullshit - if the species tries (instinctively) to up its rates of change on some interval, I just turn things off for a little bit - a year or three, whatever it takes. I've thought about this, and we do need future generations to provide hope, care for the elderly and so on, so you have to be gradual to do this without everyone despairing. You're already frustrating the number two imperative of human life, so if you slip and push them too much further, they'll start killing themselves which deveats the purpose of what I want.

Of course, the above isn't realistic, and therefore doesn't answer OP's question. Given brown stupidity and white guilt, there doesn't appear to be a realistic, proactive solution (remember that the second imperative is to reproduce, this overrides all else apart from self-preservation. Humans can't be rational about this.). So the real answer to OP's question is to wait and let nature take its course, as it will, one way or the other.

I really like Zika virus as an answer to OP's question. Just the other day I was edgily hoping that it would cause anti-natalism to become a serious political and philosophical position, as opposed to irrelevant edge. Well imagine my pleasure when I turned on the radio today and heard that much of latin America is advising its women to hold off on babies for a few years. We really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really need to get this virus going in Africa and the Middle East.
>>
>>7813905

Less edgily, my preferred (and unrealistic) solution has been modeled above. What is its purpose? To get all those living able to enjoy first-world tier quality of life, which requires exponentially more resources per person. Better to have a world of 500 million where everyone has air conditioning, education and basic real reason to live than arbitrarily many, following our stupid instincts, so we Poo in Ocean.
>>
>>7813695
This is some Brave New World shit right here
>>
>>7806854
>The powers at be no longer have to care about over population or eugenics
>They just jack up drug prices 2500%+
>And no one is none the wiser
>>
>>7813917

>Shkreli
>got pinched
>everybody hates him now too
>>
>>7806854
Just prevent births
>>
We need to stop giving aid to africa and let them die
>>
>>7814312
The less help we give to Africa, the more babies they will make. Also, immigration.
>>
>>7814320
Don't let them emigrate.

They will starve to death, the more babies they have the better
>>
>>7814312
and surrender a whole continent full of minerals to china?
grow up manbabby
>>
>>7814284
bomb the Vatican
>>
Read "Inferno" by dan brown
>>
>>7814330
>Don't let them emigrate
Yeah because that works so well, right?
You can't stop illegal immigration, deal with it.
>>
>>7814333
They are monks, fool.
>>
It is not the place of anyone to tell a couple not to have children or limit the amount of children said couple may have. Economic factors and societal factors may more or less indirectly influence a family's choice to have children (s). It is the job of scientists and engineers to facilitate a solution to a potential problem by development new technologies to solve this potential problems. It is in the realm of science and technology to allow the planet and society to accommodate for a rising population

Tip
>>
>>7813695
>Have people live empty lives
as opposed to...full lives?
>>
>average japanese age = 50-60 years old
>average european age = 45-55 years old
>average latino age = 35-45 years old
>average shithole age = 20-30 years old

Oh wow, It's not like 2/3 of humans now are fucking at boomers age.

>but muh overpopulation maymay
lol kid.
>>
File: 1448745220130.jpg (144KB, 720x718px) Image search: [Google]
1448745220130.jpg
144KB, 720x718px
>>7806854
>Institute collectivization
>Have holodomor kill off unwanted kulaks
>collectivized farms can feed any surplus population now
>>
>>7814332
>implying we can't take their minerals and let them die at the same time

fucking retard
>>
>>7816174
china won't let it happen
grow up manbabby
>>
>>7806854
Bodily fluids theory is back?
>>
>>7816487
>not just nuking the gooks
>>
>>7813913
>To get all those living able to enjoy first-world tier quality of life,
Hahha, no.
For a large number of reasons.
The biggest is that they have no way of getting capital.
Even if they had capital, that doesn't mean that you can get some of the first world services.
And on the top of that, those who have capital think living standard in the west is higher, when the reality is that they have mansions and servants in Shitholia, while they also afford enough to get the same healthcare most first worlders would have access to.

>>7814539
Step 1: Shoot boats
Step 2: Physically close of the borders, properly
Step 3: Usid acid to clean the mountain of corpses if it goes that bad
Step 4: Deal with corruption
>>
>>7806854
Pay people to sterilize themselves. This will select for impulsive, financially unsuccessful people.
>>
>>7806854
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zika_virus_outbreak_in_South_America_(2015%E2%80%93present)

This has potential.
>>
>>7807273
130k a year, then divide by 2 and times 10E-3 it, then again, then again, and you get basically run out of humans. Do you even exponent
>>
>>7816786
This, goddamnit.
>>
>>7814572
The only meme here is you, pal.
>>
File: so good.png (66KB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
so good.png
66KB, 659x609px
>>7806870
>>
File: 1407516967088.jpg (10KB, 204x248px) Image search: [Google]
1407516967088.jpg
10KB, 204x248px
>>7813546
that's the joke.

it's two dimensional
>>
>>7807359
holy shit. it's actually only the niggers. i thought it the asians were the problem
>>
>>7806870

Ayy.
>>
Gather global IQ data.
Every year kill the lowest 10 percent
Humanity gets a substantial boost of intelligence and less idiots.
>>
>>7818376
blowing up africa would do the exact same thing with a lot less effort
>>
>>7806870
Why do mathematicians feel so insecure about their career choices that they resort to theoretical violence?
>>
>>7818381
Why do non-mathematicians always feel so inferior about their career choices that they resort to calling mathematicians insecure?
>>
>>7806854
Mass genocide
>>
>>7806907
>not understanding an obvious logistic differential equation population model

You're right anon, equilibrium is impossible and we're all fucked
>>
>>7816768

Is English your first language? I made it very clear in my (unrealistic) hypothetical that I would be a living god. I haven't completely ruled out redistribution as a tactic, though it does smack of communism which I don't like (and would be counter productive under normal circumstances since the smart and able would just accumulate their wealth again), but per the hypothetical, my living-god status would render these to be abnormal circumstances.

Also I'll just toss out microcredit as a more realistic example of moving money around in the third world.
>>
The empowerment of women seems to work, give them abortions and careers and fertility just plummets.
>>
>>7806854
We have a problem of overpopulation with subhumans like niggers and sandniggers. There are also respetable races thar are have overpoulation too, like chinks. We have a real problem of depopulation with white people.
>>
>>7820399
This actually
>>
>>7820399
thar are have*
That have*
>>
File: 1444848547904.gif (4MB, 270x263px) Image search: [Google]
1444848547904.gif
4MB, 270x263px
>>7806916
You face when China just canceled their one child policy.
>>
>>7806870
lost it xD
>>
>>7807050
Will fluoride actually straight up kill you though? I thought it just led to health issues
>>
File: garlic bread.jpg (127KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
garlic bread.jpg
127KB, 750x1000px
>>7806870
>>
>>7806961
I think this is what is actually happening
>>
Stop feeding the third world.

Case closed.
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.