[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is game theory le science?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

Is game theory le science?
>>
File: 1423663260637.jpg (26KB, 426x648px) Image search: [Google]
1423663260637.jpg
26KB, 426x648px
>>7806794
I read this introduction to game theory and it sounds pretty scientific.
>>
>>7806794
The best option is bottom left
>>
>>7806796
Why do they call themselves artists, then?
>>
>>7806851
It depends of what kind of university you got to. Some get awarded Bachelor of Science, some get awarded Bachelor of Arts.
>>
>>7806794
It is scientific, only it's the scientific principle applied to borderline irrational murder-apes who think about little other than fucking and eating and what course of action they are likely to decide on. (probably involves murder)
>>
>>7806848
This. Keep the natural order of things.
>>
>>7806899
Whoa, whoa, no need to be so realistic. Jeez man, there are children on here.
>>
>>7806794
> implying when ratted out the black guy wouldn't get 10 years.
>>
>>7806848

thanks /pol/
>>
>>7807010
>making a mildly racist joke on 4chan gets you instantly grouped with /pol/

When did this start happening?
>>
>>7806794
Shouldn't the guy pointing be the guy who ratted?
>>
Game theory is math. It's not really a science unless you're studying complete sociopaths
>>
>>7806794
Game theory is math.
Comparisons of actual behaviour to game theoretic strategies or attempts to analyze present or historical behaviour on game theoretic terms can be science, "art", or bullshit.
>>
>>7807015
>Game theory is math.
Sure it is, /v/tard. Gotta go fast.
>>
No. Don't snitch!
>>
>>7807024
oh i didn't know they /v/ shamed on this board. But don't think you're any better you virgin neckbeard
>>
>>7807013
When reddit started showing up
>>
Is this like the question that asks how to maximize your portion when you get to cut the cake and the other person gets to choose first? I remember my dad asking this when I was 4. Isn't this borderline philosophy that /sci/ hates so much?
>>
>>7807378
What's the answer to that one? I made a thread the other day but it was ignored.
>>
But that's just a theory xD
>>
>>7807397
The answer that I impressed him with was 'exactly half', assuming the other person will try to take the bigger piece.
>>
>>7807485
>>7803200
>>
>>7807500
Gave it some thought but I couldn't figure out the answer. I was assuming only the initial person cuts and the rest chooses. If there isn't such a restriction I guess the answer would lie in getting each person an opportunity to cut to their liking and somehow assigning the (now decimated) cake at the end.
>>
>>7807378
Cake cutting problem is more similar to game of nim than it is a classical prisoner's dilemma.
But no, game theory is pretty much math and CS. Too many combinatorics for philosophers.
>>
>>7806794
Things like evolutionary game theory are scientific, while the mathematical framework and theory of game theory are obviously mathematics.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.