[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you really understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 18-786s10.jpg (49KB, 320x344px) Image search: [Google]
18-786s10.jpg
49KB, 320x344px
Does /sci/ fully understand theories/formulas? And if so, how do you do it?.
For eg, when learning calculus, we are told to bring the power down and reduce it by one.
Or in RSA Cryptography we understand that plaintext can be encrypted with a key and can be decrypted with another different key.
Do you understand why it is done that way or do you just follow the instructions. Do you understand the principle behind it?. Or is it just me?...
>>
>>7803737
So... never taken a course with proofs? Or just googled the proof of whatever you want to know?
>>
>>7803737
both of those things have a ton of explanation online senpai
>>
>>7803742
I did take discrete math where we did some proving using MI, truth table, contradiction, etc... but when suddenly presented with a topic that you have no knowledge of, how do you understand it? Or rather than, how did the person that came up with the theory?
>>
>>7803737
the calculus one works because when you factor the leading term cancels and the only one with one h(which will factor out)is nx^n-1
>>
>>7803737
>For eg, when learning calculus, we are told to bring the power down and reduce it by one.

It's just baby's first binomial expansion/pascal triangle
(x+h)^n-x^n/h = [nhx^n-1+O(h^2)]/h = nx^n-1 + O(h) => nx^n-1

>Or in RSA Cryptography we understand that plaintext can be encrypted with a key and can be decrypted with another different key.

It's just baby's first modulo arithmetic/group theory

c = m^e mod pq
m = c^d = m^ed mod pq
where e*d=1 mod [φ(pq)=(p-1)(q-1)]
>>
>>7803737
Post info on that image.
How are the dots configured?
>>
>>7803737
I never learn math by heart. I had to derive over half of the formulas during my vector analysis exam (which I barely passed, to little time to finish all questions). Waste of time, but at least that's how you really understand it.
>>
>>7803737

the proof of derivatives is really simple

it requires you know a little about limits, too, but its basically just taking 2 points on a line and calculating the tangent when the distance between the 2 points is essentially 0

the actual formula requires you know how to calculate limits, but calculus is actually some really basic shit, all derivatives are is the gradient of a line at a point and all integrals are is the area under a line
>>
>>7803895
seems a dot is red when its coordinates are coprime.
(the 6/pi^2 thing is from Gauss iirc, easy to understand proof)
>>
>>7803903

i dont think it's a waste of time to understand what youre actually calculating. if youre just doing vector analysis im guessing youre a first year engineering student or something, youre going to struggle with later courses if you dont have a pretty good understanding of basics like calc =/
>>
>>7803895
point (a, b) is red if gcd(a, b)=1
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.