[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stephen Hsu Interview on Cogntive Genomics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: HSU1 (2).jpg (1MB, 1096x1420px) Image search: [Google]
HSU1 (2).jpg
1MB, 1096x1420px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVqkvHpLfuQ

Stephen D. H. Hsu (born 1966) is an American physicist and university administrator. In July 2012, he was named Michigan State University’s vice president for research and graduate studies.
>>
Sad to see that in the high ups of our society we're still lead by people obsessed with the human illusion.

The obstacle this man faces whenever he begins to question genes and alleles are solved by understanding a human as a chemical reaction with an attached observer. He is looking for "people" who do "things". When will the image be molecules that have attained a human form, and not a human with molecules at his disposal...?

He makes statements like "what is a good rower" and it makes me wonder if he knows "boat" and "paddle" were invented first. You are looking for strong shoulder muscles, endurance in the tendons, ample enzymes in the blood. Those things are made out of molecules that are squeezed from DNA replication. You have to look at the molecules and what they are doing together, get over the plants and animals they make up.

I wish my parents would have let me have more friends, I wish I was able to socialize and develop and not be shy. I want to help these people. I want to go to college and be a scientist like this man, and I want to be able to look at the world and help people who can't look at it at least understand what other people are seeing!

We have to get over ourselves and the idea of being a thing. These are molecules and we're all watching the molecules. We have to remember we're made out of molecules.
>>
File: average freewill poster.png (124KB, 720x539px) Image search: [Google]
average freewill poster.png
124KB, 720x539px
>>7803766
>>
>>7803767
I'm sorry I am bad at communicating myself that is not the opinion I tried to portray. There is absolutely free will and being made out of molecules is what gives us the ability to have that.

The "made out of molecules" part is just what it will take to get people over items and career paths as defining objects. You can't make yourself think things like a boat, or a paddle, or yourself, are outside of the "molecules" you use to measure everything else.
>>
>>7803801
His point was you said a bunch of "deep" nonsense that did nothing to the subject.
>>
>>7803804
That's what the whole video felt like to me!

"animals" are generalized patterns of molecules, if we get over the generalized patterns and see the molecules, the whole thing will be easier to understand.

If the test score gap is the result of genetics, the people studying that stuff have to understand genetics are the result of what the genetic material has been through already.

It's like asking why women were so ignoramus in the 40's. A majority of women back then were treated like fucking shit and never taught a thing about how anything worked. They were lied to and manipulated into believing strange things in order make them perform tasks that the men at the time saw fit. The same men would put these mentally damaged women up to normal tasks, and then point out how mentally damaged they were.
>>
>>7803767
I really am horrified if I was coming across this way that short haired mans opinions piss me right off and I'd never want to support someone like him
>>
>>7803818
>women were so ignoramus in the 40's
>the people studying that stuff have to understand genetics are the result of what the genetic material has been through already.

Just stop posting.

You are basically someone who has no idea what he is talking about giving advice based on some small fraction of knowledge you have on the subject. It's extremely stupid and worthless insight.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.