[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

rate this school's EE program.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: adsad.png (151KB, 1723x954px) Image search: [Google]
adsad.png
151KB, 1723x954px
rate this school's EE program.
>>
>>7802896
>no math
>some dumb liberal arts requirements

Laughable, pick a real major at a better school that doesn't waste your money
>>
File: nuclear engineering.jpg (1MB, 1984x1280px) Image search: [Google]
nuclear engineering.jpg
1MB, 1984x1280px
>>7802896
just do nuclear engineering m8
>>
>>7802910
I don't know of any program in my country that has a nuclear engineering program. I was thinking about going into it after graduation for a masters program.
>>
>>7802896
>Matrix Algebra 1st semester

nice

>Vector Calculus and DE is one course
>no Complex Variables or further math

not so nice

>solid state physics
>no modern physics course beforehand

???

>S&S II optional 6th semester
>S&S is two courses
>DSP is not required
>Thermodynamics and Fluids is required 6th semester
>Thermodynamics and Fluids is one course

WEIRD! FUCKING WEIRD!

>science fiction
>technology and the environment
>technology and society

ew

>engineering law and ethics
>communication in engineering

ok

>EE elective selection

nice

Good but not the best, 71/100
>>
>>7802896
This is pretty good. Don't listen to the spergs.

>>7803093
A course doesn't have to have all the material it covers explicitly in its name.

Why you would care that vector calc and DEs are group is beyond me.

Courses names admin shit more than anything.
>>
>>7803093
Well not you've got to rate >>7802910
>>
File: flux.png (203KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
flux.png
203KB, 1366x768px
I think it is a little bit light for an EE program
>>
Funny seeing your program in comparison to german ones.

>liberal studies
>4 stem courses per semester
>4 credits

kek
>>
>>7803119
>german talking about liberal courses
dont you guys need to take courses to teach you how to prevent being raped by muslims?
>>
File: 1452470698778.jpg (109KB, 850x569px) Image search: [Google]
1452470698778.jpg
109KB, 850x569px
>>7803124
y so mad?
Never encountered such a requirement for classes.
Go 100% stem or go home boi. As long I got my free education it's all good. Sorry 'Murrica.
>>
>>7803130
>Go 100% stem or go home boi
some of the courses are a welcome break from the crazy workload. like history of rock and roll, hate and violence, or art appreciation. GPA boosters and you get to debate idiots on their shit ideology. some courses are structured to be almost entirely discussion-based.
>As long I got my free education it's all good
ok, well I'm debt free, will have a degree from one of the best engr unis in the country, from one of the best programs in the country. the US has more top 10 and top 20 unis than any other country in the world. whatever people want to say about cost of education, you're getting a damn good one (usually, we got marxist bullshit just like everyone else).
>>
>>7803115
What subjects are covered in Electronica IV?
>>
File: 1414953409353.png (99KB, 247x248px) Image search: [Google]
1414953409353.png
99KB, 247x248px
>electromagnetics in 5th semester
>liberal studies
your school is a joke
>>
File: 1448110838899.png (57KB, 194x186px) Image search: [Google]
1448110838899.png
57KB, 194x186px
>>7803137
>he thinks the best way to fight against bad ideologies is to give their academic supporters money and going to their classes
>he thinks any engineering employer cares about what college you went to
>>
File: 1452553463038.jpg (575KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
1452553463038.jpg
575KB, 750x500px
We do cover this Curriculum in 1 - 1.5 years @ RWTH Aachen. What the fuck are you guys doing?
>>
>>7803149
>>he thinks the best way to fight against bad ideologies is to give their academic supporters money and going to their classes
i got scholarships so i didnt pay, and the professors are paid regardless
>>he thinks any engineering employer cares about what college you went to
they really do. certain places recruit on campus, but only at certain unis. and our dept has had, on occasion, places call and offer immediate hires to seniors without even an interview. the reputation of a school or department within the school carries a lot of weight. in fact just 2 years ago one of our senior groups won a national design competition, and not only private companies, but national labs and research institutions recognize these sorts of things
>>
>>7803149
>he thinks any engineering employer cares about what college you went to

the reputation and quality of your college is extremely predictive of success. this is ASU-student cognitive dissonance at its finest
>>
>>7802896
>circuits 4th semester
not even a EE major and we had to take this 3rd semester
>E&M 6th semester
what in the fuck? this is like 3rd or 4th semester shit
>solid state before E&M
wonky ass fucking program m8
>>
Is 7 subjects per semester normal or something?
>>
>>7803147
Output stages and power amplifiers
Thyristors
DC/DC converters
Turned amplifiers
AM/FM circuits
Phase locked loops and so on
>>
>>7803174
for engineering, yeah kinda. the sciences have piss easy workloads. i'm only taking 3 courses this semseter, one of which is senior design so it work intensive, and i've got so much fucking free time compared to my previous semesters
>>
>>7803180
I'm assuming this is based in the US? I'm a STEM major in AUS and 7 courses in a semester would be way too much. I've heard of people doing five and that's full on.
>>
>>7802896
If you really like electronics and work hard you will end up being better than most engineers from other schools, the program is fine I bet all people criticizing don't even remember most of the stuff they learned. Still you will always be taking courses and learning new things after you've finished if are really interested in electronics.
>>
>>7803190
yeah. my major requires 133 credits tho, most engr majors are like 128, and most sciences, like phys are closer to 121 or something. so we have to take more.
>>
>>7803190

>>7803115 Here
7 is common but not recommended(even though this is the uni program). Currently I'm doing 7 and getting stressed as fuck, never getting this much again
>>
>>7803199
What is the average work load per week per subject at your school? Where I'm studying, about 10hrs per sub per week is about normal. I'm gonna assume you don't put in 70 hours a week..? ps, sorry for my pleb-spec sentence structure I'm using the windows touch keyboard and it sucks arse
>>
>>7803216
not that guy, but i'm >>7802910 and i'd say depending on the class, hw alone take 2-10 hours a week per course, depending on the class. so on average, hw, studying, etc i probably put in 5-10 hours per course, but i feel like I work less than my peer, just because it's hard for me to work on courses that aren't interesting. for example, I took some grad level courses for technical electives (basically whatever kinds of classes you choose to take that are related to science/tech) and I'd spend 10 hours a week just doing the homework, while in required courses like power systems, i couldnt spend more than 2-5 hours a week before losing my mind with boring, monotonous material. either way, the workload in engineering is typically more than say physics or math, but you get out what you put in.
>>
>>7803105
>Why you would care that vector calc and DEs are group is beyond me.

It limits what is covered in it.
>>
>>7803115
Sorry, I don't speak monkey
>>
>>7803216
Calculus and physics don't take too much time but the professional subjects are a little bit hardcore(a new project each week or 2) so I can say it's 10 hours for the first and 20hs for the latter. Spent some full weekends getting rekt by digital systems
>>
>>7803148
>electromagnetics in 5th semester

It's not the same stuff as Physics II you dumb ass. Most EE/Physics programs don't get to that stuff until 6th or 7th semester.
>>
>>7803156
Educational reformers are dead set on removing as much math as possible from public schools. It can't be helped.
>>
>>7803233
No, you're just a retard m8
Circuitos Eletricos - Electrical Circuits
Sistemas Digitais - Digital Systems
Eletronica I,II... - Electronics I,II...
is it really that hard senpai?
>>
>>7803173
>>circuits 4th semester
>not even a EE major and we had to take this 3rd semester

It's an ELECTRONIC circuits class. They do the standard circuit analysis stuff in the 2nd and 3rd semesters.

>>E&M 6th semester
>what in the fuck? this is like 3rd or 4th semester shit

You can't do E&M without vector calculus. Hell, vector calculus was invented for E&M.
>>
>>7803174
Yes.
>>
>>7803256
and we finish vector calc by 3rd semester, earlier if you test out of calc 1 or 2 early, or get dual credit in high school
>>
>>7803246
The fuck is Fisica
>>
>>7803261

And you misread the chart. They start E&M fields/statics 4th semester and do E&M waves/dynamics 5th.
>>
>>7803267
Physics

hell you just need to pronounce it, it's almost like english
>>
>>7803276

Looks closer to "fiscal"
>>
>>7802896
>engineering program
>no PDE's
>no numerical methods

might as well be going to DeVry
>>
>all the faggots in this thread shitting on the liberal arts req

do you retards really do an engineering program without taking a language or business class?

lol have fun being cubicle monkeys.
>>
The best EE program in my country doesn't seem to offer PDE's or "Numerical methods" as courses either, and I'm to poor to go to school in amerifat land.
>>
>>7803336
how the fuck do you do into FEA or CFD? what mudhut tier country do you live in?
>>
>>7803344
Canada
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.