[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /sci/ I'm 21 years old and graduated from highschool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Hey /sci/ I'm 21 years old and graduated from highschool in 2012. I made really good grades and was in advanced classes, I scored high on my PSAT's, but when my junior and senior year rolled around I began fucking up and skipping school and pretty much stopped caring about school altogether. Now that I stopped being a dumbass, I've been looking into getting my PhD in Clinical Psychology, however I'm scared because I have no money and my highschool transcript looks like shit. If I study my ass off and blow my SATs away, how fucked am I as far as getting into a decent school/working towards this career
>>
>>7802570

>>7734126
Do people not read this or do they just choose to ignore it
>>
>>7802587
I personally chose to ignore it, if that's any help.
>>
>>7802587
Yeah, except that /adv/ is full of idiots that don't know how to ask out a girl and was no help at all
>>
>>7802570
Go to community college. Get a great GPA. Transfer to a Uni. The uni won't give a fuck about your high school grades.
At uni, get your bachelor's. Then apply for a grad school.
But that's down the line. For now, look into going to a CC and doing what you need to do to transfer.
>>
>>7802788
Dude, I appreciate the advice greatly. Even a little bit of information is helpful and makes me feel a lot better about being a failure pretty much
>>
>>7802714
You ask any question related to academia, or university help other than "help me choose my major, my parents want me to do this, but I want to do that, what do I do!?" they're fucking useless.
>>
>>7802570
Find a psychology lab near you and offer to volunteer with data entry or whatever, just to get some experience in a lab. That will greatly help your resume when you apply to grad school. Grad school also can pay for itself so make sure you can get full funding for your phd.
>>
>>7802989
Pretty much, but then again 90% of 4chan is garbage
>>7803107
Thanks for the advice. I figured I needed to definitely dive into volunteering and scrub work as much as I can to get into anywhere decent.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.