[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i've grown an increasing interest in both engineering, physics,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 1448599937008.jpg (30KB, 480x500px) Image search: [Google]
1448599937008.jpg
30KB, 480x500px
i've grown an increasing interest in both engineering, physics, and computer science. i haven't been able to separate myself with regards to studying how to program 3DCG, networks, database tree shit. same goes for physics due to condensed matter, solid state, QM, solitons, superconductors. then engineering for being able to do R&D for applications of these areas.

what can i do that lets me sort of pursue all three in one linear pathway in academia? can i do a mechanical engineering bachelors, get a physics masters, then a phd in computer science? or would i be laughed at for even thinking that's remotely viable due to prereqs? i'm kinda torn here.

like, none of the areas of study i'm interested in are under the graduate level. Induction heating, ion assisted film growth, lattice gauge theories, polymer engineering, chemical kinetics, viscoelasticity, sine gordon model...the list goes on. i have nothing but grad books on these areas and my undergrad just comprises of stuff like real analysis, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, and mechanics in the physics side. the CS side has stuff i already know, be it data structures, assembly, discreet math. then engineering which seems to have a ton of courses in CAD and MATLAB, but i already have personal skills in that too.

i just don't feel like i'd be spending my course space wisely in either program. i'd want to learn stuff i couldn't learn on my own, like plasma physics, nonstandard analysis, large cardinals, differential geometry, and then try to do research on the grad level that sort of integrates each area.
>>
>>7800532
Get the undergraduate major that covers most of the fundamentals you need for understanding the more complex graduate/doctorate topics. The more in-depth your fundamentals is the better.

Also, interests change overtime. By the time you're considering what your undergraduate thesis is, chances are that's when you'll actually be solidifying your path. That's the time you can make a more efficient decision as to what masters/PhD you want.

Although chances are you'll end up working in a McDonald's by day, then making a dirty bomb in your parent's basement by night, with your current level of autism.

Fo' zozzle
>>
>>7800532
Do you really need all that spoon feeding? Try learning them on your own. Especially CS since it's so very easy.

http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Mechanical_and_Aerospace_Engineering
http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Physics_Textbook_Recommendations
http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Computer_Science_and_Engineering
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.