[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would happen if you temporarily froze time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

File: 1189778.jpg (71KB, 408x271px) Image search: [Google]
1189778.jpg
71KB, 408x271px
What would happen if you temporarily froze time?
>>
How do you know Time doesn't freeze occasionally?
>>
>>7798584
The photons make up light which enable you to see things wouldn't reach your eyes until your eyes reached the photons.
That is, of course, implying that you were somehow not also stopped along with the rest of time, but I'm not sure what the implications for perception would be.
>>
>What would happen if you froze time for some amount of time?
>>
I would also freeze
>>
>>7798587
Touché
>>
>>7798592
This.

Also, even if you were able to move around after you froze time, the atoms in the air around you would freeze, not only rendering it unbreathable, but infinitely solid, making it impossible to move.
>>
>>7798593
This is the thing I keep stumbling over.
>>
>>7798603
>Even if you were able to move around after you froze time...impossible to move

This is why they should teach logic in schools.
>>
>>7798605
Time is relative, so it's not the worst problem to resolve in this situation. If lived on a planet that never travel in an orbit, like our Earth around the sun, you'd literally age less than your Earthly counterparts (although only slightly, since the speed of light is a really high number and the distance in speed between people hurtling through space on the planet Earth isn't that huge of a difference relative to the speed of light).
>>
>>7798592
What happens to photons that reach the eyes? Are they usually reflected? If they are, I would assume that in this case they aren't, since they don't move. The instant time froze your worldview would also freeze, any movement even for a fractions, would keep gathering those extra photons, and the pictures would keep superimposing on reach other until it becomes a big mumbling mess. Or all that extra light would combine and create white light, you would go to heaven, in a senseor.Or the las but far unlikely one your head explodes due to every increasing photon buildups
>>
>>7798617
Well, normally, they'd pass through the lens, into the retina, and diffuse into your eyeball, which would absorb it through the matrix of optic nerves in your retina, turning it into electrical impulse that transfer to your the visual center of your brain, which runs its processes for turning it into a visual representation of the data in your mind's eye, which is what you "see".

I'm not sure how time being constant would change that, though. I'm not a physicist, yet.
>>
>>7798632
Not sure they teach this stuff in school
>>
>>7798640
No, but if I studied quantum mechanics, I'd have more information to make inferences from.
Right now I don't have much to go off of that I wouldn't consider elementary.
>>
>>7798584
A metric describing this situation would be
[eqn]ds^2 = - f(t)^2 dt^2 + dx^2 + dy^2 + dz^2
[/eqn]where [math]f(t) \approx 0[/math] for [math]t_{start} < t < t_{end}[/math] and [math]f(t) = 1[/math] otherwise. But this is equivalent to the Minkowski metric by a simple change of variable [math]t[/math]. Because everything was frozen for the same time, nothing was different.

Alternatively we could replace [math]f(t)[/math] with an [math]f(t,x,y,z)[/math] so that the region of space containing the superhero can remain unfrozen. In this case, there would be an enormous gravitational potential difference between the unfrozen and frozen regions, and any matter crossing from the unfrozen region into the frozen one would be accelerated to relativistic velocities, causing untold destruction.
>>
>>7798584
Nothing at all since time does not exist. If it did then you could freeze time and you could travel backwards in time. And, time wouldn't be relative.
>>
>>7798584
Look up instantons.
>>
>>7798691
Basically you Inifinite mass punch everything
>>
>Rape

>If I didn't also freeze ;^(
>>
File: Aloe-Vera-cream-for-burns.jpg (10KB, 298x285px) Image search: [Google]
Aloe-Vera-cream-for-burns.jpg
10KB, 298x285px
>>7798715
Here, you'll need this
>>
>>7798715
Would not everything and everyone be rock hard if you could even get past the frozen particles in the air?

Unless you wanted others in you.
>>
>>7798584
you get a slaver stasis field.
>>
>>7798719
>>7798715
You need those stop watches used in hentai and JAV to stop time for rape.
>>
>>7798762
"It's rape time" gets a whole another meaning to it
>>
absolutely nothing
>>
>>7798715
I wouldnt rape but i would definitely steal everyones clothes and move them around
>>
>>7798584
Space keeps on moving.
>>
>>7798946
Aren't space and time all lovey dovey to each other?
>>
>>7798584
If you were to take even one step the force applied by your body onto the floor over what is basically no time at all would possibly cause a large crater to form right where you stand.
>>
Nothing. ba dumm ts
>>
Time is already frozen. You're just percieving the last bit of numbness before you wake up. Up. Wake. Up. WAKE UP. STAY WITH ME. WAKE UP I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE.

W A K E U P
A
K
E
U
P
>>
If our universe is simulated you could stop time without problems like photons not reaching your eyes and so on, you need only to pause the update of the surrounding
>>
>>7798584
Isn't that basically what happens at the singularity of a blackhole?
>>
apt-get install 6th_dimensional_privledges-v6.66

Stupid humans always forget to sudo and then come whining to my front desk for help. Thats why I had to put up a big fence and a white list and have to pay an employee to listen to their BS. Wtf people. Go to hell.
>>
for how much time would you freeze it?
>>
File: 1453045928800.jpg (104KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1453045928800.jpg
104KB, 1680x1050px
time makes no sense being frozen or reversed.

how do you measure time in a field where time stands still? does time still move on? does it still measure events?

if you travel back in time does the event itself still be a part of time moving forward?
>>
>>7798719
I know someone who'd be rock hard
>>
>>7799572
>how do you measure time when still
You don't. It's frozen.

>does time still move on?
No. If you stop something, it means that it doesn't move.

>>7799424
No time. It's frozen. In this hypothetical area time doesn't pass. In order to move around, time has to move on for you only. So time passes for you but for no one else
>>
>>7799041
Since photons exist, whether or not they are simulated, pausing the update on the surrounding would pause the movement of photons as well unless you include an exception for photons as well as yourself.
>>
>>7798593
rekt
>>
File: 1452101702484.jpg (135KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452101702484.jpg
135KB, 1280x720px
How long can einstein move in frozen time?
>>
>>7799038
Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up.
Stand up... there you go. You were dreaming.
>>
>>7799069
Didn't you just did the same?
>>
I thought photons didn't experience time; that particles traveling at light speed "live" all at once

so wouldn't photons still move after "time is stopped"
>>
>>7799667
and then, for example, after 7 minutes, the photons from that were traveling from the sun when time stopped eventually run out and then slowly over time the closest objects disappear
>>
>Temporarily
>1. lasting for only a limited period of time; not permanent.
>Freeze time
So if time does not progress during a period of time then that period of time will never end.
>>
>>7799672
Isn't that what happened before the big bang. There was no time, etc. So you can say what happened then because nothing can happen if time doesn't move
>>
>>7799672
>>7799680
JIDF detected
>>
>>7798584
you would be frozen in time too.
If you were not by some magic shit, you still couldn't see, hear, smell, nor move because momentum.
>>
>>7798584
>What would happen if you temporarily froze time?
Quite literally nothing.
>>
>>7798584
The way I see it, time is the measure of change. By this definition, stopping time implies that you would stop all change (e.g. motion) in the universe.

From this, there are 2 outcomes:

1. Time (motion) starts again at some point (extremely unlikely if not impossible), and it would be impossible to perceive or otherwise observe directly or indirectly that time had at one point stopped.

2. Time (motion) stays still indefinitely, and I'd equate this with purgatory if it wasn't for the fact that we'd all pretty much be inanimate matter.
>>
>>7798587
Things that could be happening all the time yet nobody would ever know about make me so uncomfortable.
>>
>>7798584
Physics break temporarily
>>
If this is stopping time like in the movies/chinese cartoons, things could get really weird. If you move around when time is stopped your velocity is basically infinite. Physics should break. You would be going faster than light, so causality is fucked. Because of relativity things should get weird. Due to fitzgerald contraction, everything you measure should have zero length relative to your direction of travel
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.