[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>sit in lecture >have trouble following the material and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: 1449554043338.jpg (597KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1449554043338.jpg
597KB, 800x800px
>sit in lecture
>have trouble following the material and keeping up with everyone
>feel like a retard
>sit down on my own and understand everything at a much slower pace
>still get A's and 95%+'s on tests
>professors have been surprised at my scores in the past

I don't know if I am smart or stupid
>>
>>7796183
>I don't know if I am smart or stupid
you're stuart
not smart, but you can compensate by working.
>>
>>7796183

I love that kot
>>
>>7796183
I'm no expert but my understanding is that processing speed is something separate from intelligence.
>>
I want to be that one guy in class who never goes to lecture, but manages to set every curve on a test
>>
>>7796197
F students do set the curve.
>>
>>7796197
>curves
>>
>>7796197

I'd rather be able to do what i do while sat in lecture, then I wouldn't be wasting my free time doing this.

That said, I end up understanding things way more than other people in my lectures who seem to get every professor called question right
>>
>>7796183

Man my learning is painfully slow. Lectures are a waste of time for me basically because I only grasp fragments and I let myself fall behind because doing problems just takes me so damn long.

Must be a retard.
>>
>>7796205
FUCKING BRUTAL
>>
File: 23232.jpg (121KB, 811x811px) Image search: [Google]
23232.jpg
121KB, 811x811px
>>7796192
>>
>>7796183
You should stop caring if you're smart or stupid. Tests and other peoples' judgment can be misleading. Just learn the content until you feel confident in it.
>>
File: 1452871509809.jpg (110KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1452871509809.jpg
110KB, 700x700px
>>7796205
savage
>>
>>7796277
MOAR
>>
>>7797829
Seconded
>>
>>7796197
I do that.

But it's shitty. Many nuances are left along the way and it keeps getting more difficult as time passes
>>
>>7796183
Imo ur smart. True comprension is different than learning rules so you can grind excercises. Takes much more tiem
>>
>>7796205
Wrecked.
>>
>>7796260
I have the same problem man, worst is when I have multiple courses at once I can handle it but it takes a ton of time, when I drop one the rest just seems to fill that. I dont know what the fuck it is either.
>>
>>7796183
What's your IQ?
>>
>>7796197
i always skipped lecture and got As. ive always had autodidactic tendencies and some of those college fuckface professors just cant grasp that. some get extremely pissed off. to top that off this was the early 00s and was still wearing really baggy pants and graffiti shirts. baseball LA hat on. backwards. lol. would get dirty looks and looks as if i was cheating. had TAs stand right over me in lecture exams and follow me from station to station during lab exams. it would always pissthem off when they wpuld look over to the TA at the end of the exam to hopefull get a 'yes he was cheating nod' only to always get a no nod. lol. i even had a substitute for an exam tell me 'ive heard about you' followed by a condecendng look.

fuck them. i dont need you fuckers!
>>
>>7798418
>no nod
That's a shake.

Sure you got anything higher than an F, cletus?
>>
>>7798428
He probably wrote that paragraph in 15 seconds give em a break
>>
>>7796205
Not in my class
The best score sets the curve
>>
>>7796183
But that's how everyone is supposed to work.
You're not stupid, you're just a good student.
>>
Am I the only one who think that almost eveything you study in a major is piss easy and obvious and the only reason I don't have A+ everywhere is because I am stupid?
>>
hardwork conquers all
>>
>>7796183
High intelligence means you grasp concepts easier/quicker. Your GPA isn't equivalent to your IQ, so the answer is stupid.
>>
>>7799614
I think it's a bit more complicated than that.
>>
Wow another "I'm so smart" thread. This sure is science.
>>
>>7799632
C'mon anon, the "Science and Math" title is just a cover so the other boards think we're smart. Everyone knows /sci/ is really "Smart-But-Lazy Posting, Degree (That You Haven't Earned Yet) Dickwaving, and IQ Bragging".
>>
>>7796183
PISS OFF RETARD
>>
>>7796183
cool blog thread :^)
>>
Always been kinda smart guy in high school and went to uni in uk (from eastern europe). It's been 1.5yr since I moved and still got muh difficulties due to learning in english.

Im catching up alone, spamming lecturers and getting decent grades, yet rarely can answer any question during lecture. I dunno, it's like hearing my native lang. naturally creates images in my head. English I have to firstly consciously interpret, if the speech's complex.
>>
>>7799628
Having to spend extra time than other students to grasp a concept is a result of stupidity. It is really that simple.
>>
>>7796183
One of my mates is like this.

He needs help with almost every problem in the book, constantly asks questions, after every lecture, he stays for 20 minutes to ask the lecturer questions.

But he constantly gets 95% on every test.
>>
>>7796183

Do you also do other things at a slower pace, or fewer "activities" overall than others?

Are you, or have you been, depressed in the past?

It may be psychomotor retardation.

I only discovered this recently, but it explains the last fifteen years of my life.
>>
>>7796205
10/10 banter
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.