[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AMS Test Strategy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Hey, /sci/. Need your help.

So I am going to take the AMS test inot the coming weeks, but I need to be prepared for it.

The thing is, my teacher said there is no actual way to study for it and it is all application, but there must be a way to get some sort of foot in the door.

The test is a sort of mathematics based exam that will give you very complex problens and have you solve as many as you can in 90 minutes.

The only reason I am taking this and and tally giving a shit about it is because it "would be an amazing feature on a college transcript" when I apply to MIT.

Help me out /sci/, what can I do to study for the unstudyable.
>>
>>7796022
>Pass the test with literally the highest score possible
>Apply to MIT
>Sorry you are not black
>Sorry you are not female
>Sorry you are not gay
>Sorry, your sob story in your essay was not sad enough like these other made up ones
>Sorry, we already filled the white male quota by accepting all the rich kids who just donated a million dollars to the school

I hope MIT isn't your only option, mate. This is 2016.
>>
>>7796038
Always been my dream to go there since I was a kid.

If not MIT, where would you recommend I go for a CompSci degree that isn't shit and easy to get into. Thinking of Stanford or CalPoly.
>>
>>7796072
I don't know about CS.

Just make sure you put your heart and mind into that essay and make it the saddest sob story in the history of tear jerkers.

A pro tip is to start with you being a black turned white trans-race. That way you can still be white, but say that you were opressed and get those sweet, sweet opression points.
>>
>>7796078
Sounds like a plan. What makes you doubt CompSci? Also, what would you recommend as my backup colleges.

And when I apply, I'll be sure to include that I am a black female who had several surgeries to become a white male after being bullied and oppressed and grew up in Compton. That should work, right?
>>
>>7796096
I don't want to burst your bubble but here we don't see CS in a very positive light. Quite literally the opposite.

But do what you wanna do, really. CS jobs pay well.

Also, I recommend anything that doesn't suck as your back up colleges. As long as it is recognized somewhere, it will be good enough. Remember this is undergrad you are talking here.
>>
Doing things just to get into MIT is dumb and won't get you into MIT. You people aren't not getting in because you're white, it's because your whole life is doing whatever you can to gain more prestige than everyone else. Do things you like, and do them well.
>>
>>7796072
>go for a CompSci degree

Nowhere. CS is a terrible degree at every school.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.