[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the universe 13.7 billion years old? or 13.7 billion years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1441097857747.jpg (940KB, 1600x1461px) Image search: [Google]
1441097857747.jpg
940KB, 1600x1461px
Is the universe 13.7 billion years old?

or 13.7 billion years old relative to Earth?
>>
>>7794290
you must be 18 years or older to poast here

(it's 13.8 billion years old)
>>
File: retard-baby.jpg (30KB, 492x559px) Image search: [Google]
retard-baby.jpg
30KB, 492x559px
>>7794290
>>
That is age measured in a fundamental observer. The difference between that time and one measured on earth in negligible.
>>
>>7794290
Funny thing about looking into the night sky, is that some say you are looking into the past. I know that the particles of my body are as the universe now. Everything about my body is in the "past" in relation to everything else. So that my particles can never leave the "past", it should show that the past is an illusion. The given inference that the universe is 13 billions years old, should be correspondent to the idea that given current interpretation that the amount "time" that has so far elapsed would be 13 billion years.
>>
>>7794290
Does it matter?
>>
>>7794308
Does anything matter?
>>
File: 1356958220963.png (274KB, 495x665px) Image search: [Google]
1356958220963.png
274KB, 495x665px
One of the theories of where our universe will end up is that it will eventually condense itself into a very dense single point, out of which another big bang will occur.

What are the chances that this has been happening forever, and that the outcome of the big bang is always the same? Ergo, we're doomed to repeat the same shit over and over in a cycle that spans hundreds of billions of years?

you're move, sci
>>
>>7794402
One of the theories that's wrong

The universe is expanding
>>
>>7794306
The only thing that makes your particles part of the past is the time it takes for your light to reach the observer
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.