[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>expecting advanced alien civilization to leave EM signatures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (23KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 800x450px
>expecting advanced alien civilization to leave EM signatures and communicate via "radio waves" (that travel at speed of light)
>not realising they're using quantum entanglement to communicate at FTL speeds
>not realising dark energy is used as optical camouflage

So is it agreed that KIC 84628542 is an alien megastructure? Reckon they've spotted us primitive humans?
>>
>>7791976
>>not realising they're using quantum entanglement to communicate at FTL speeds
Which is impossible.
>>
>>7791976
You can't use quantum entanglement to communicate with.

>>not realising dark energy is used as optical camouflage
Dark energy is just a term for whatever it is that's causing the universe to accelerate faster and faster. I think you're confusing it with dark matter, and even then you're wrong.

>So is it agreed that KIC 84628542 is an alien megastructure?
No.

> Reckon they've spotted us primitive humans?
It'll be over a thousand years before our first radio signals reach it, if they do.
>>
>>7791976
>>expecting advanced alien civilization to leave EM signatures

Why do we even do this? The inverse square law makes an EM signature too weak to be noticeable.
>>
>>7792219

>It'll be over a thousand years before our first radio signals reach it, if they do.

I've never understood this logic. Just because our radio signals wouldn't have reached there yet, doesn't mean an advanced civilization wouldn't have taken some sort of interest in our planet, for whatever those reasons may be. Literally don't need radio signals to have displayed an interest in Earth. Refuting this would be purely speculative and not fact.
>>
>>7792381
Because without radio signals you can't really tell there's anything special here. They could detect there's a planet here, even detect there's oxygen in the atmosphere, but beyond that not much else.
>>
>>7792402

Of course, but if this civilization was truly advanced, hypothetically advanced enough to construct something such as a Dyson sphere, you'd seriously think their technology would be so far beyond ours that they could, essentially, know a hell of a lot more about us(In whatever way their technological advancement took route), than we could know about them, what with us essentially being technologically infantile. Ergo, would not need radio waves. If for whatever reason they happened upon our planet and for whatever reason it interested them, they'd likely be using their advanced technology to check it out, and seeing as how it'd be advanced(Nothing like our blurry, super distant images that can't pick up even a speck of detail from that distance), probably be able to do that to us.

Of course, there'd be the equal chance of not giving a shit about such a planet and therefor never given a second thought. Just something to think on, though.
>>
>>7791988
noob
>>
>>7792402
This. Even with advanced technology, the availability of meaningful information is just too limited by observational distance, especially from thousands of light years away. And we've been broadcasting for such a short time with signals meant to traverse a short way across a planet, not hundreds of lights years of interstellar medium. We might pick up alien signals or vice versa some time in humanity's duration, but chance has it to be later rather than sooner, if at all.
>>
>>7792291

Communication signals, sure. It's unlikely we'd pick them up.

We could pick up other things, though. Nuclear pulse rockets, for example.
>>
>>>/x/

>>>/x/

>>>/x/

>>>/x/

>>>/x/
>>
>>7792761
faggot
>>
>>7792757
i swear, if this boils down to another Orion jerk of tread then i will kill someone
>>
>>7792835
whats onion jerk ?
>>
>>7791976
>>expecting advanced alien civilization to leave EM signatures and communicate via "radio waves" (that travel at speed of light)

Uh...

...hang on a sec...

>>not realising dark energy is used as optical camouflage

..dude chill....

>So is it agreed that KIC 84628542 is an alien megastructure?

You know what they say about making assumptions? They are the mother of all fuck-ups.

>Reckon they've spotted us primitive humans?

Comets aren't sentient beings.....
>>
>>7791976
it's obviously a galactic whale you noobs
>>
>>7793549
It's not comets
Get with it pleb
>>
>>7792417
You're such a goddamn idiot, anon.
>>
>>7794112

What is it then?

It's not ayylium megastructures so find another answer.
>>
>>7794121
Maybe human megastructures then.
>>
It is the remnants of the Neanderthal Space Program
>>
>>7794121
Whatever answer it is, it's going to be a natural occurance. Any celestial body floating around can do the trick.
Whatever the answer is, it's not aliens.
>>
>>7794146

Seems more plausible than the prevailing pseudotheory.
>>
>>7794115

>Has no arguing point against it, proceeds to call someone an idiot.

Good work
>>
>>7794155
bruh
>>
>>7792417
I doubt it would be violent life, I would speculate that only a peaceful or well organized race could achieve such a scientific feat as a dyson sphere
>>
>>7791976
>using quantum entanglement to communicate at FTL speeds
nice meme

>>7792825
>>>/b/

>>7792839
kek
>>
Things /sci/ readily believes in: any UFO being aliens, any unidentified bright spot on an asteroid being an alien base, emdrive, DMT causing real alien encounters.

Things /sci/ considers unbelievable: the moon landing, the holocaust, neural networks having legitimate commercial uses.
>>
>>7794335
Pretty sure you're thinking of /pol/.
>>
>>7794156

You realize this would have to be a HUGE celestial body right, or multiple large celestial bodies. I believe they measured that Jupiter only blocks out 3% or 4% of the light.
>>
>>7794384
Yes, if something is very big then it is somehow more plausible than less that it is an alien spaceship. I know this because I suffer from the same mental illness as you.
>>
so it is estimated that exoplanets around mass Mjup block out around 1% of the light for a star of this mass and distance (1400 ly and 1.43 M)

this star has intermittent fluctuations up to 20%

even if mass was directly related with volume for celestial bodies, this object would need to be a brown dwarf to be so massive (the object would begin to fuse deuterium at 13 Mjup)
>>
>>7794475
>I took introduction to astronomy at community college starter pack
>>
>>7791976

Of coure it's not an alien megastructure. That's impossible. The universe consists of nothing but mindless gas and dust churning meaninglessly forever. The existence of life on earth is just a statistically insignificant chemical scum on one particular planet. It has no wider meaning.
>>
>>7794501
But how can gas and dust be so edgy?
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 539x567px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 539x567px
>>7791988

Firstly, I'm not OP.

Secondly, quantum entanglement isn't FTL period, since no particle moves FTL. The concept of group velocity can explain this, since sound's group velocity has been measured as infinite or negative. Basically, the particles are vibrating, and this vibration is being conducted from point A to point B at FTL speeds.

Quantumly entangled particles are resonating with one another, and can be used to form a perfectly ridged rod. Either the particle vibrates beyond a certain magnitude or it doesn't - 1 or 0.

Currently, Juan Maldacena and Leonard Susskind are suggesting that particles that enter a wormhole become Hawking radiation which is entangled with the blackhole. The property of being entangled would be synonymous with a wormhole. They suggest that this is the basis of space, in the sense that every particle is entangled with every other particle - the non-local variable.

Curved momentum space and rainbow gravity do away with the last vestiges of macroscopic realism. Consume the Spice, and you too can bend space.
>>
>>7794521
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-communication_theorem

doesn't get any more clean cut than this. quantum entanglement radios are a meme
>>
>>7794501
Virgin.
>>
>>7792219
>ending a sentence with a preposition
Quantum entanglement-based communications haven't yet been proven to be impossible.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.