[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I explain to my friend that UC Davis is actually not a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

How do I explain to my friend that UC Davis is actually not a super amazing school.

he seems convinced that he's going to a prestigious institution, when in reality is just barley above the state schools, and even then falls short of both cal poly's and SDSU.
>>
>>7789641
>implying its not a prestigious university
>implying your just not jelly you couldn't get in

You probably are going to cal poly and are salty you didn't get into davis.
>>
>>7789641
People make way too much of a big deal about prestige. As long as it's accredited and they're doing research it's more about what you put into it.
>>
>>7789641
Davis 30th best overall school in the world, are you actually this autistic? This is coming from a Cornell student.
>>
>>7789641
My CC has direct transfer into Davis; how good is it for math and physics compared to any other UC? berkeley, etc
>>
File: JCv9kw0-1.jpg (1MB, 2048x1647px) Image search: [Google]
JCv9kw0-1.jpg
1MB, 2048x1647px
>>7789651
Its the lowest tier UC besides Merced. Its in the middle of bumfuck nowhere and nobody has heard of it before.
>>
>>7789657
More bumfuck nowhere than Lynchburg?
>>
>>7789641

It's an awesome school in a fun town. Let him do this thing.
>>
>going to a shit tier UC
>not going to SJSU
2010 + 5
>>
Aren't all UC schools a cut above the rest?
>>
>>7789641

I'm glad none of my friends are like you, OP.
>>
>>7789650
>30th
You mean 85th
http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2015#sorting=rank+region=+country=+faculty=+stars=false+search=davis
>>
>>7789641

>How do I explain to my friend that UC Davis is actually not a super amazing school.

>he seems convinced that he's going to a prestigious institution, when in reality is just barley above the state schools

What the fuck is a state school? How is UC Davis not a state school, it's called University of California, California is a state right?
>>
>>7789650

I believe you are autistic for thinking that college rankings actually mean anything. Good luck paying your 250k in debt you pretentious fucktard
>>
What do you guys think of MIT? Working on my BS right now.
>>
>>7789641
i dunno show him some rankings. But as people have pointed out, it's less about prestige and more about what you put into it. That said I haven't met a single person from Davis undergrad at my grad school lol
>>
>>7790859
Is the University of Pennsylvania a state school then?
>>
>>7790859
"State School" refers to the California State University system, at least in the way it's used in California
>>
>>7789641
Tell him literally nobody cares about where you went to undergrad.

It's all about the grad school or the work/internship experience you have. Nobody gives a fuck if you got into Berkeley if you haven't worked a day in your life and have a B.S. in Math.
>>
>>7791385

This man speaks the truth.
>>
>>7789641
>is just barley
>is a former agricultural school
seems legit
>>
>>7791057

Affirmative action ruined MIT as a hub for true brain power. Caltech is the one true untainted school left and even then I feel like the gender gap will catch up to them.

That being said, i'm sure MIT is a lot more pleasant to attend now that it's not a bunch of smelly basement dwelling neckbeards.
>>
fuck you stupid faggots. Cal Poly is cuts above shit tier UC's
>>
What the hell dude... if your friend likes it, stop trying to ruin it. Just because you're miserable doesn't mean they have to be too.
>>
youre a jerk and a bad friend
>>
>>7792594
Not a research institution.
>>
Why do you care?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.